Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The SCS told me that the bricklayer who spotted the taxi @ Pippidinny rd was on the wrong day when SS went missing.

The SCS told me that the bricklayer who spotted the taxi @ Pippidinny rd was on the wrong day when SS went missing.
I thought it was around the time CG went missing

PCS - that really is a mystery. Just read the story of the taxi seen by the bricklayer and his wife in March 1997. If CG's body wasn't found till April 1997 was it laying there for a couple of weeks before being found? Why would there be a person sitting in the back of the taxi? Very spooky. IMO

From what I believe the CSK whoever he may be, didn't hold CG very long. Perhaps the person in the back of the taxi was CG. My thought was the CSK may have been driving around trying to find a d-site, and almost had an accident with the bricklayer. Perhaps that's the reason CSK stopped killing. These are only my thoughts and opinions.

Another sleuther suggested the taxi at Pipindinny Rd, may have been looking for a for a fishing spot or a street worker paying off their ride. There could be many reasons.

Canning Vale - if this was the accused and it was CG in the back of the taxi then this is extremely disturbing. She would have still been alive. Hope the reason the taxi was there was for the other reasons you said. IMO

Canning Vale - it does seem extremely odd for anyone to be on that road let alone a taxi with no lights at that time of night. Then it was very coincidental that CG was found there. It was so secluded. Also as I already said in previous post does that mean if it was CG in taxi and was dumped there that she wasn't found for two weeks later. Seems a long time before being found IMO

This content has been included for educational purposes. If my posts offend you or you have no interest, please consider making the necessary steps to block them from your view. In this instance reference links aren’t supplied because I’m asking questions.

Now that we have a WS who works within the mental health field, could you please consider helping with the two questions below. Many thanks.

Annalise,

I’ve been told that the treatment for Bipolar is usually Lithium and that Lithium can cause sexual dysfunction for men. I’d think sexual dysfunction for a young man, would cause a great deal of anguish, and possibly might cause a marriage break up. Perhaps if a patient isn’t accepting of the illness, he may periodically go off the medication for some sexual gratification.

1. Would it be possible for someone with bi-polar to hold down a job and possess a driver’s license?

2. Are you aware of any other mental illnesses that might use Lithium?

Canning Vale - it does seem extremely odd for anyone to be on that road let alone a taxi with no lights at that time of night. Then it was very coincidental that CG was found there. It was so secluded. Also as I already said in previous post does that mean if it was CG in taxi and was dumped there that she wasn't found for two weeks later. Seems a long time before being found IMO

During that era Eglinton would have been somewhat secluded.

On Friday, March 14, 1997, CG had been having drinks at the Continental Hotel with colleagues from the law firm where she had worked before going overseas.

Almost three weeks after CG vanished, a bushwalker stumbled across her body near Pipidinny Road in Eglinton on what was then Perth’s far northern fringes. (located early April)

The location of the body made sense to police. Eglinton was north of where the Mitchell Freeway ended. https://thewest.com.au

October 25th.
Probably be the usual video link bring ups once a month thou. Which is customary when someone is on remand in a prison. That's by product of the English Habeas corpus Act that was to prevent someone being forgotten about in a dungeon A visiting magistrate would check on the welfare of prisoners and mark them off as having been sighted alive.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Is 25 October just for the purpose of pleading?

Hi Canning Vale - people with bi polar disease would be able to hold down a job and drive a car. Intelligence is not affected. They may have manic episodes which is why they would take Lithium or other drugs to help with the condition. As long as the meds suit them they can get on with a normal life in most cases. - There are many other mental conditions where Lithium would be used. Schizophrenia, depression, disorders of impulse control, personality disorders which come under the umbrella of bi polar (manic episodes with both) even some blood disorders. It would be up to a psychiatrist to try to diagnose these disorders and prescribe accordingly. I would imagine it would be challenging in some cases to get the meds right. MY OPINION ONLY

Hi Canning Vale - From the time CG was abducted and then her body found was three weeks? The bricklayer saw the taxi with possibly CG in the back two weeks before her body was found? I wonder where she was kept all that time. My opinion only

Hi Canning Vale - From the time CG was abducted and then her body found was three weeks? The bricklayer saw the taxi with possibly CG in the back two weeks before her body was found? I wonder where she was kept all that time. My opinion only

We've had quite a bit of discussion regarding the holding place. A couple of sleuthers' have suggested it would possibly be close to where the ladies were abducted. Perhaps some of the sleuther's might let you know about the line theories they've been working on.
Also, CG was located in Eglinton and JR located in Wellard (d-sites). The central point between those two suburbs is City Beach, which might have some bearing on the holding place. Also, one of the theories has been that the ladies might not have been kept very long, it would depend on if the perpetrator needed to go to work or not. It's suggested he probably wouldn't leave the ladies alone for any time. Hope this helps.

CanningVale would you be interested in helping me compile a list of locations, places, and street names that include the word "red"?
Eg Red Hill
Red Hill Auditorium
Etc

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

... IMO in all this the point of trying to establish the cop's under oath statement that the girls were not random attacks was lost.

Agreed, and you would be forgiven for thinking this was deliberate. There is importance in that this statement made under oath, and is able to be taken as gospel.

There are still records of earlier Macro statements around where they said the same thing - 'The victims were all linked to Iona'. Here's a link to one such record: https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/alt.true-crime/3LQHcru0480.

So while standpipes and lines are all well and good, keep in mind that there are obvious links between an partner/ex-wife's nationality, the origins of the aforementioned educational institution, the occupation of the accused, and perhaps more. Wouldn't this be a more sensible place to start understanding more about SS than random assumptions?

Agreed, and you would be forgiven for thinking this was deliberate. There is importance in that this statement made under oath, and is able to be taken as gospel.

There are still records of earlier Macro statements around where they said the same thing - 'The victims were all linked to Iona'. Here's a link to one such record: https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/alt.true-crime/3LQHcru0480.

So while standpipes and lines are all well and good, keep in mind that there are obvious links between an partner/ex-wife's nationality, the origins of the aforementioned educational institution, the occupation of the accused, and perhaps more. Wouldn't this be a more sensible place to start understanding more about SS than random assumptions?

Jane Rimmer was not a student of Iona but Julie Cutler and some of the other missing women were.
I'd like to hear more of what you understand about SS and why the nationality of the accused wife is important.
My out of the box thinking about CG was that someone knew she was coming home for her sisters wedding if the abduction wasn't random. It may have been someone who was a teacher or priest at the school with her mother (teacher at Iona), knew her father or was a friend of hers from Iona. JMO or OOTBT.

Jane Rimmer was not a student of Iona but Julie Cutler and some of the other missing women were.
I'd like to hear more of what you understand about SS and why the nationality of the accused wife is important.
My out of the box thinking about CG was that someone knew she was coming home for her sisters wedding if the abduction wasn't random. It may have been someone who was a teacher or priest at the school with her mother (teacher at Iona), knew her father or was a friend of hers from Iona. JMO or OOTBT.

Ian Moore' statement under oath is not necessarily that it was not a random attack, he was just not agreeing with that proposition - because he was not allowed to disclose anything. It is just as possible that he was just saying: 'look, I can't say anything, including whether it was random or otherwise.'

Is 25 October just for the purpose of pleading?

Hi JJ
This was posted on WS earlier
http://www.lawsocietywa.asn.au/wp-c...edure-Teacher-Student-Post-Visit-Resource.pdf

– Civil and Criminal Pre-Trial Procedure Teacher and Student Post -Visit Resource

Criminal Pre-Trial Procedures –
Supreme Court
1. First Appearance – Magistrates Court
All charges, regardless of seriousness, begin in the Magistrates Court. During the
first appearance the prosecution notice (the charge) is read to the accused and the
accused may apply for bail.
2. Stirling Garden’s Magistrates Court
If the Supreme Court has jurisdiction to hear the charges the accused, after their
first appearance, will be immediately remanded to appear in the Stirling Gardens
Magistrates Court. Due to the Supreme Court’s limited jurisdiction, the SGMC is able
to effectively streamline pre-trial processes.
3. Pleas/Committal Mention
After receiving legal advice the accused is required to enter a plea. If the accused
pleads not guilty or if they unsure how to plead they will appear at a Committal
Mention Date. The prosecution must provide all of their evidence to the accused prior
to Committal Mention.
4. First Appearance –Supreme Court
Once the accused person’s charges have been committed (formally transferred) to
the Supreme Court the accused will have a ‘First Appearance’. At the First
Appearance the Judge will seek to confirm the not guilty pleas and set provisional
trial dates.
5. Status Conference
At a status conference trial dates will be confirmed and all parties will ensure the
matter is ready to go to trial. The court will inquire as to whether there are any
matters that need to be dealt with prior to trial, for example in relation to the
admissibility of evidence.
6. Directions Hearing
If a complex issue or dispute is raised at a Status Conference the judge may order a
Directions Hearing so any issues can be resolved prior to trial. At a Directions
Hearing each party will make submissions and the issue will be resolved.
7. Trial
At trial, the prosecution have to prove to the jury beyond a reasonable doubt that the
accused person is guilty of the offence. The accused person does not need to prove
that they are innocent. If the accused person is found guilty they will be sentenced at
the conclusion of a trial, or at a later date.

Annalise,

Many thanks for mentioning the night SS went missing the Speedway was on and it was very hot and noisy. Friday nights were speedway nights, and as it was Australia Day public holiday, perhaps the Speedway put on fireworks and a larger crowd gathered for the show (26/01/1996 was a Friday).

The Speedway closed 31 March 2000. It was located within part of the Claremont Showground’s which is a short trek to Stirling Hwy. Perhps the CSK attended the speedway and traveled via the route Gugeri St, Leura Av or Mary St and right into Stirling Hwy and shortly thereafter Stirling Rd (where SS phoned for a taxi). Stirling Hwy would take one to the southern suburbs (along Leach Hwy).

Both SS & CG went missing after a Friday night out (JR went missing after a Saturday night out)

These are only my thoughts and opinions. Hopefully this isn’t considered some sort of “tangent”.

Key dates:

Saturday January 27, 1996:
18-year-old Sarah Spiers went missing after leaving Claremont’s Club Bay View at about 2am on the Saturday morning, following Australia Day celebrations. She called a taxi at 2.06am from a phone box near the corner of Stirling Highway and Stirling Road. She was not there when the taxi arrived at 2.14am. Sarah’s body has never been found.

Sunday June 9, 1996:
Childcare worker Jane Rimmer, 23, was last seen leaving Claremont’s Continental Hotel at 00.04am after a Saturday night out with friends. She was last seen standing outside Club Bay View after she declined a lift home with friends, with whom she had been drinking. Her parents had expected their bubbly daughter for lunch that Sunday at their Wembley home.

Saturday August 3, 1996:
Jane Rimmer’s naked and partly decomposed body was found in dense bushland off Woolcoot Road, Wellard, 35km south of Perth, 2km from Casuarina Prison. It had been covered lightly with leaves and twigs and was not visible from the road. The area was surrounded by farmlets and residents said the heart tea tree scrub made it a perfect place to dispose a body.

https://thewest.com.au

http://www.vintagespeedway.com

http://www.perthnow.com.au

https://www.google.com.au

I personally don't think there is an Iona connection. Why wait 10 or 11 years after CG has left school when there have been hundreds of students in that time leaving school. JC left Iona in 1982, CG possibly crossed JC (1986 or 1987) 4 or 5 years apart and I am guessing SS left in 1994 or 1995 given she was 18 at the time she went missing.

It is not likely that any of them knew each other via school.

Canningvale, Spooks R us, ,Pete davo, Innerchild, Meticulously You all post in sequence? At predctable times too? And certain times apart? Why do you (all of you) do his?
I think it might be just you having a mind for patterns. I'm a bit like that myself and I wonder if you could help with something. A poster in the last thread made a throw away comment, something about this being more mundane than a Dan Brown novel which got me thinking about Fibonacci sequence and patterns formed by this. Imagine my surprise when I found this map someone had posted to apply the Fibonacci spiral to the bodies of JC, CG and suggested Robyn Stanton might be at the termination. As an estimate this would be around Samson Memorial Reserve.
Other bodies could also be covered. What do you think? Could you reproduce this as I'm not sure if my mapping skills are up to this standard.
I've made an attempt at some pattern such as a star but after comments I think a pentagram may fit better and also fit within this sequence. I'd appreciate your thoughts.
attachment.php

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibonacci_number

Attachments

• Fibioacci_Spiral.jpg
    Fibioacci_Spiral.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 142
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online