Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally don't think there is an Iona connection. Why wait 10 or 11 years after CG has left school when there have been hundreds of students in that time leaving school. JC left Iona in 1982, CG possibly crossed JC (1986 or 1987) 4 or 5 years apart and I am guessing SS left in 1994 or 1995 given she was 18 at the time she went missing.

It is not likely that any of them knew each other via school.

I'm guessing SS was at Iona for only years 8-12 , probably 1990-1994 - as she was a country girl she probably lived in the boarding house at Iona during her time there.
So no obvious chance of meeting CG or JC since SS was at Iona much later.

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Ian Moore' statement under oath is not necessarily that it was not a random attack, he was just not agreeing with that proposition - because he was not allowed to disclose anything. It is just as possible that he was just saying: 'look, I can't say anything, including whether it was random or otherwise.'

But in a separate court case last Tuesday, Detective Sergeant Ian Moore of the Major Crime Squad was giving evidence in a defamation trial brought by barrister Lloyd Rayney when he was asked by Mr Rayney’s lawyer Martin Bennett: “Do you accept that the Claremont serial killer killings were random attacks — the only thing linking Sarah *Spiers, Jane Rimmer, Ciara Glennon being an attendance in *Claremont?”
Sergeant Moore replied that he did not accept that: “I have knowledge of that particular job that I can’t particularly enlighten the court about and those — no, I can’t accept that proposition.”[FONT=&amp]http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...7b042380826366

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Sgt Moore could have said he couldn't say anything as Police have not said anything or very much for years. However he was very particular I think when he says he has knowledge of the Claremont Serial Killings and he can not accept they were a random act. [/FONT]

I personally don't think there is an Iona connection. Why wait 10 or 11 years after CG has left school when there have been hundreds of students in that time leaving school. JC left Iona in 1982, CG possibly crossed JC (1986 or 1987) 4 or 5 years apart and I am guessing SS left in 1994 or 1995 given she was 18 at the time she went missing.

It is not likely that any of them knew each other via school.

It may not be each other they knew, but someone at the school who knew all of them.

Annalise,

Many thanks for mentioning the night SS went missing the Speedway was on and it was very hot and noisy. Friday nights were speedway nights, and as it was Australia Day public holiday, perhaps the Speedway put on fireworks and a larger crowd gathered for the show (26/01/1996 was a Friday).

The Speedway closed 31 March 2000. It was located within part of the Claremont Showground’s which is a short trek to Stirling Hwy. Perhps the CSK attended the speedway and traveled via the route Gugeri St, Leura Av or Mary St and right into Stirling Hwy and shortly thereafter Stirling Rd (where SS phoned for a taxi). Stirling Hwy would take one to the southern suburbs (along Leach Hwy).

Both SS & CG went missing after a Friday night out (JR went missing after a Saturday night out)

These are only my thoughts and opinions. Hopefully this isn’t considered some sort of “tangent”.

Key dates:

Saturday January 27, 1996:
18-year-old Sarah Spiers went missing after leaving Claremont’s Club Bay View at about 2am on the Saturday morning, following Australia Day celebrations. She called a taxi at 2.06am from a phone box near the corner of Stirling Highway and Stirling Road. She was not there when the taxi arrived at 2.14am. Sarah’s body has never been found.

Sunday June 9, 1996:
Childcare worker Jane Rimmer, 23, was last seen leaving Claremont’s Continental Hotel at 00.04am after a Saturday night out with friends. She was last seen standing outside Club Bay View after she declined a lift home with friends, with whom she had been drinking. Her parents had expected their bubbly daughter for lunch that Sunday at their Wembley home.

Saturday August 3, 1996:
Jane Rimmer’s naked and partly decomposed body was found in dense bushland off Woolcoot Road, Wellard, 35km south of Perth, 2km from Casuarina Prison. It had been covered lightly with leaves and twigs and was not visible from the road. The area was surrounded by farmlets and residents said the heart tea tree scrub made it a perfect place to dispose a body.

https://thewest.com.au

http://www.vintagespeedway.com

http://www.perthnow.com.au

https://www.google.com.au

I thought fireworks might have competed with the Annual fireworks in Perth on Australia Day but in 1996 they were held on 28 January.
https://www.mediastatements.wa.gov....works-show-to-be-held-Sunday,-January-28.aspx

It may not be each other they knew, but someone at the school who knew all of them.

CG's mother UG was a long term teacher at Iona and would've known JC, CG, and SS.

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.

I've stated many times here I think maybe the accused BRE crossed paths with CG and her family at La Petite Cabine, the French restaurant, owned by CGE's family - CGE who later became BRE's wife.
JMO

This guess-timate is based on facts of the case.

I did read beforehand that SS had gone to Olympia Business College. Perhaps SS studied at OBC for years 11 & 12.

Hey CV can you please edit the quote within your last post as you've included your bit within the quote marks ?

But in a separate court case last Tuesday, Detective Sergeant Ian Moore of the Major Crime Squad was giving evidence in a defamation trial brought by barrister Lloyd Rayney when he was asked by Mr Rayney’s lawyer Martin Bennett: “Do you accept that the Claremont serial killer killings were random attacks — the only thing linking Sarah *Spiers, Jane Rimmer, Ciara Glennon being an attendance in *Claremont?”
Sergeant Moore replied that he did not accept that: “I have knowledge of that particular job that I can’t particularly enlighten the court about and those — no, I can’t accept that proposition.”[FONT=&amp]http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...7b042380826366

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Sgt Moore could have said he couldn't say anything as Police have not said anything or very much for years. However he was very particular I think when he says he has knowledge of the Claremont Serial Killings and he can not accept they were a random act. [/FONT]

But if you are right, would he not then be revealing something about the case - which he says he cannot do?

I wonder why that year it was exceptionally noisy at the Claremont Speedway (Friday 26th, 1996).

I recall the noise levels to residents living near Claremont Speedway, were usually a reflection of the wind speed, wind direction and humidity.

CanningVale would you be interested in helping me compile a list of locations, places, and street names that include the word "red"?
Eg Red Hill
Red Hill Auditorium
Etc

Spooks,

Will start on that project tomorrow afternoon Can't do it now, I've drunk nearly a whole bottle of Reisling, celebrating because my daughter (aged 33) has just started a full-time job. After struggling from a breakdown which started 10 years ago. Life's fantastic!

Did the other victims attend OBC?

Don't think CG did. I think CG went to UWA as there's now a scholarship in her name.

http://www.scholarships.uwa.edu.au/search?id=80

Spooks,

Will start on that project tomorrow afternoon Can't do it now, I've drunk nearly a whole bottle of Reisling, celebrating because my daughter (aged 33) has just started a full-time job. After struggling from a breakdown which started 10 years ago. Life's fantastic!

Congratulations to your daughter
Cheers 🥂

Hi DRT - I was working a night shift in a big old house on Gugieri St the night Sarah went missing. It was close to Rowe Park. I was working as a nurse looking after a large group of residents. Afternoon staff finished at 10.00 and the night shift was done by one person. I remember that night well because it was very hot. I thought about opening windows as there was no air conditioning in the office. Had to keep them shut because the Speedway was very noisy. It used to sound like the cars were on Gugieri St. I made do with a fan that night. Also people used to catch the train there and the station was across the road so that was busy until people finished going home afterwards.

Canning Vale - so happy to hear your news. Congrats to your daughter.

I recommend leaving her out. The coroner recently ruled her death likely suicide. I was of a different opinion (confident it was sinister) until reading the report. Here's a link: http://www.coronerscourt.wa.gov.au/...yn_louise_santen.aspx?uid=5721-5789-0451-4615

Thanks for the link apple pie. I wondered if she may have met someone while out, but her friends surely would have noticed. Although did JR's friends notice that she seemed to be waiting for someone?
http://www.coronerscourt.wa.gov.au/_files/Santen finding.pdf
I have found that the death of the deceased has been proved beyond all reasonable doubt, but I have found that the cause of her death is unascertained and that the finding of how death occurred is open.
Coroner didn't rule it a suicide and she was missing a pearl necklace apparently. However, I'm happy to leave it alone as well.

Perhaps there was an IONA Presentation College reunion. Beforehand I suggested BRE may have had a part-time job in order to meet the mortgage payments after EE left the marriage. Perhaps BRE had a part-time job which assisted functions. I mentioned the Spiers and Glennon family were making arrangements for a celebration (i.e. party).

I've stated many times here I think maybe the accused BRE crossed paths with CG and her family at La Petite Cabine, the French restaurant, owned by CGE's family - CGE who later became BRE's wife.
JMO

This guess-timate is based on facts of the case.

Perhaps BRE & EE never sought a divorce. BRE didn't marry CGE, perhaps he was still married. Interesting that EE never changed her surname, perhaps she had a horrible maiden name and preferred the married name. Only my thoughts and opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95