Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone previously said on ss - what if she was made to make that cab call ? (Forceably)Wasn't her name recorded incorrectly? Maybe that was a cry for help ? Bunny and out may be able to help
Could you elaborate please? Do you mean she actually made the call from this phone box but under duress? Or made the call from somewhere else asking for the cab to that location to throw police off ? Or something else? I cant think of any reason this would occur.

What's a BDSM mistress? and why does "BD mistress Claudia" advertise a "Full Dungeon" yet "X-dress and strap on" only advertises "Dungeon"
Theres only one way to know for sure petedavo, you'll need to take a l��k. Do let us know how it goes..tic..

Could you elaborate please? Do you mean she actually made the call from this phone box but under duress? Or made the call from somewhere else asking for the cab to that location to throw police off ? Or something else? I cant think of any reason this would occur.

I'm not sure 🤔 Yes think you are right no reason why you would. this throws that out! I was thinking under duress from somewhere else (however this would be traced back to the phone box)
Or under duress at the phone box and jumping into a car.

the timing that's she goes missing doesn't make sense to me from calling a cab to not being there.

I suppose she makes the call - someone is hiding and they grab her once she puts phone down and lie in wait until they can safely move. Not really a far stretch I suppose.

Met - do you know the answer re AB?

Quote :
(Yep - Id like to know too Met, if you do?
He is such a consistent offender that I find it very hard to fathom that between 93-01, there was nothing. Sure, it was kids/partners but he raped before and after his daughter was born in 1990, so that's probably not it." ) noname .
--------------------------------------

Don't know whats the question is noname,
Definitely don't have a clue what the answer is ?
No esp/psychic ability this morning sorry !

I can't answer with quote atm.
To respond to your question (Spooks) regarding how I came up with the Bruce Rock area:

I chose a central starting point, GPO Perth. Any other more relevant starting point would be equally as acceptable.

Then I looked at co-ordinates if a body were East (as the others were North and South of Perth). IIRC we have had profilers suggest East.

It seems logical that if the person disposing of the body wanted to remember where they left it (especially in a remote location) then they would need to have something that they could recall easily?

They would probably not use their own name exactly even if it fitted.

BUT they may use letters from their own name? Especially if it made up a word they could remember easily.

We would all be aware of the words in our own names.

The word ARSE has many different connotations - smartarse / arsehole ..............

Think about young men in their twenties and the words that appeal to them ...................

Think about the connection with a nickname from school ..............

There may very well be starting points that are more relevant / appropriate than the GPO.

I can't answer with quote atm.
To respond to your question (Spooks) regarding how I came up with the Bruce Rock area:

I chose a central starting point, GPO Perth. Any other more relevant starting point would be equally as acceptable.

Then I looked at co-ordinates if a body were East (as the others were North and South of Perth). IIRC we have had profilers suggest East.

It seems logical that if the person disposing of the body wanted to remember where they left it (especially in a remote location) then they would need to have something that they could recall easily?

They would probably not use their own name exactly even if it fitted.

BUT they may use letters from their own name? Especially if it made up a word they could remember easily.

We would all be aware of the words in our own names.

The word ARSE has many different connotations - smartarse / arsehole ..............

Think about young men in their twenties and the words that appeal to them ...................

Think about the connection with a nickname from school ..............

There may very well be starting points that are more relevant / appropriate than the GPO.

You think someone might "forget" where they left a body? Highly unlikely in my opinion. As for driving 200+km with the body of a missing girl in your car, also highly unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think someone might "forget" where they left a body? Highly unlikely in my opinion. As for driving 200+km with the body of a missing girl in your car, also highly unlikely.

I concede it does seem a long way.

I don't concede that you would remember the exact position, when your adrenalin is pumping, and in Australia you can drive for a long time without much change in the bush or the land (unless you know the area very well).

There would probably have been next to no traffic after 2am?
JMO

As someone previously said on ss - what if she was made to make that cab call ? (Forceably)Wasn't her name recorded incorrectly? Maybe that was a cry for help ? Bunny and ou may be able to help?

To my knowledge the only reference to a name being recorded incorrectly was in SR rendition of the story that he picked SS up twice in a day the day before. There didn't seem to be any account of the phone call being forced, even if the 3 minute timeframe with her calling the taxi and her not being there seemed a bit tight.

http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/Spiers.htm
"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He said he remembered picking her up in his taxi the night before she disappeared, on Australia Day, 1996. "[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Mr Ross said he had picked up Ms Spiers twice in the same night. The first trip had been from Wellington Street, Mosman Park, to Club Bay View, he said. He said the second had been from Claremont to South Perth. He said there had been a mix-up earlier in the night with a call from the same passenger. He said her name had come on his taxi computer screen and he asked if she was "Spier". He said she corrected him and said: "Spiers." He recalled that she had lived in Mill Point Road, South Perth. "
[/FONT]

http://www.news.com.au/national/bre...t/news-story/99e0636b4c0b02f59b7eea7b59a5e000

A group of young men spent an evening impersonating police officers, pulling over cars with flashing lights in Sydney's south west, police say.
The three men allegedly pulled over up to 10 cars on Friday evening with red and blue flashing lights and spoke to drivers near Camden

Are there any instances of people in Perth impersonating Police, similar (with or without lights) to what happened Friday evening in outer Metro NSW?

I'd have thought, that if this was the case with Sarah Spiers, that any such impersonation would not have involved flashing lights in an area as public as Claremont, even at 2am in the morning.

Met - Just asking the question again of whether you know when Bayley was in Perth? You asked IC. They replied No, do you? I said, I too would like to know & asked if you knew?

when Bayley was in Perth?

The following timeline for Bayley is useful as a starting point to work out when he might have been in Perth WA, to have possibly been involved in any crimes that were Claremont related.

(I've only shown the part of the timeline up to when he changed his surname from Edwards to Bayley in 2000)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...s/news-story/3c647e0f03bf6726811b58361b09be2f

Name: Adrian Ernest Bayley, aka Adrian Ernest Matthew Edwards
Born: July 14, 1971
April 21, 1990: Married pregnant partner.
June 8, 1990: Held teenage girl hostage in his home and raped her.
June 10, 1990: Arrested and charged with rape. Bailed.
August 30, 1990: Attacked a girl, 17, walking home from a bus stop.
September 11, 1990: Victim identified him to police. Arrested, charged with attempted rape and again released on bail.
October 1990: Daughter born.
December 12, 1990: Picked up hitchhiker, 16, and attacked her.
December 17, 1990: Hitchhiking victim identified him.
June 1991: Pleaded guilty. Sentenced to 5 years with minimum of 3.
April 1993: Released from jail after serving 22 months.

1995: Split from wife and began a new relationship, fathering two more children.
July 2000: Changed name by deed poll from Edwards to Bayley......

To my knowledge the only reference to a name being recorded incorrectly was in SR rendition of the story that he picked SS up twice in a day the day before. There didn't seem to be any account of the phone call being forced, even if the 3 minute timeframe with her calling the taxi and her not being there seemed a bit tight.

http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/Spiers.htm
"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He said he remembered picking her up in his taxi the night before she disappeared, on Australia Day, 1996. "[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Mr Ross said he had picked up Ms Spiers twice in the same night. The first trip had been from Wellington Street, Mosman Park, to Club Bay View, he said. He said the second had been from Claremont to South Perth. He said there had been a mix-up earlier in the night with a call from the same passenger. He said her name had come on his taxi computer screen and he asked if she was "Spier". He said she corrected him and said: "Spiers." He recalled that she had lived in Mill Point Road, South Perth. "
[/FONT]

Must say it's quite odd that SR alleges that he picked SS up twice in the night before she disappeared - wonder if this was confirmed by taxi company?

April 21, 1990: 18y/o. Married Debbie, who was pregnant with their first child
June 8, 1990: Held 16y/o friend of his sister hostage in his home and raped her
August 30, 1990: Attacked a girl, 17, walking home from a bus stop. Threatened to kill her
September 11, 1990: Victim identified him to police. Arrested, charged with attempted rape and again released on bail.
October 1990: Daughter born (Ist)
December 12, 1990: Picked up hitchhiker, 16, and attacked her. She escaped.
December 17, 1990: Victim identified him. Arrested.
7 June 1991: Pleaded guilty. Sentenced to 5 years with minimum of 3.
April 1993: Released from jail after serving 22 months. completed an apprenticeship and qualified as a pastry cook.
1995: Split from 1st wife and began a new relationship.
1996: Second child born to 1st wife (2nd)
1998 : 1st child born to 2nd partner (3rd)
July 2000: Changed name by deed poll from Edwards to Bayley.
September 1, 2000: First of five rapes of women in St Kilda area. Each woman was driven to a lane in Elwood and violently raped in a vehicle.
*Nov 2000 - raped 18y/o sex worker. Not reported until 2012. Trial 2015 (guilty) Appeal 2016 (overturned) non parole period reduced 3yrs.
April 17, 2001: Arrested over the 5 rapes. DNA NEVER STORED ON DATABASE.
2001: 2nd child born to 2nd partner (4th)
April 26, 2002: Sentenced to 11 years with a minimum of 8 after pleading guilty to 16 rapes on 5 women in St Kilda.
Sentenced under S6D - serious sex offender. NOT MONITORED ON RELEASE
2009: Completed sex offender treatment program in prison.
March 17, 2010 release on parole at the earliest date after minimum term .
August 12, 2011: King-hit man outside a Geelong cafe, breaking his jaw.
October 2011 - defacto relationship 6mths
Loretta O'Neill - Budds st Coburg
February 27, 2012: pleaded guilty at Geelong magistrates’ Court to recklessly causing serious injury and jailed for three months. Appealed and released on bail awaiting appeal. Parole was continued.
*April 2012 - raped 25y/o sex worker.
2015 trial (guilty). 2016 Appealed sentence. (dismissed)
*14 July 2012 - raped Dutch backpacker.
2015 trial (Guilty) 2016 Appeal (dismissed)
September 22, 2012: Attacked & murdered Jill Meagher as she walked home in Brunswick
September 27, 2017: charged with murder
April 2013: Sentenced to a minimum term of 35 years.
September 2013 : Appeal against minimum term dismissed
13 July 2014 - Guilty of three counts of rape, two counts of assault, one count of false imprisonment and one count of making threats to kill between October 31 and December 1, 2000, at Elwood. He had attacked and raped a then 18-year-old sex worker.
March 12 , 2015 - Guilty one count of rape and one count of false imprisonment after attacking a then 25-year-old sex worker. He had driven the victim from St Kilda to a narrow laneway at Elwood before raping her.
March 26, 2015 Guilty after this third trial of one count of rape, two counts of indecent assault, one count of false imprisonment and one count of assault after being accused of attacking a Dutch backpacker on July 15, 2012.
2015: Had his jail term increased to 43yrs no parole after being found guilty of 3 other rapes* in 3 separate trials.
The convictions related to attacks on a sex worker in 2000, another sex worker in April 2012 and a Dutch backpacker in July 2012.
Bayley appealed against the convictions in the first and third rape trials, and the sentences in all three trials.
13 July 2016: acquitting him of three counts of rape two counts of common assault and single charges of false imprisonment and making a threat to kill from the first trial (sex attack 2000) the Court of Appeal reduced Bayley's non-parole period from 43 years to 40.
Adrian Bayley will be 83 when eligible for parole in 2055.

April 21, 1990: 18y/o. Married Debbie, who was pregnant with their first child
June 8, 1990: Held 16y/o friend of his sister hostage in his home and raped her
August 30, 1990: Attacked a girl, 17, walking home from a bus stop. Threatened to kill her
October 1990: Daughter born (Ist)
December 12, 1990: Picked up hitchhiker, 16, and attacked her. She escaped.
December 17, 1990: Victim identified him. Arrested.
7 June 1991: Pleaded guilty. Sentenced to 5 years with minimum of 3.
April 1993: Released from jail after serving 22 months. completed an apprenticeship and qualified as a pastry cook.
1995: Split from 1st wife and began a new relationship.
1996: Second child born to 1st wife (2nd)
1998 : 1st child born to 2nd partner (3rd)
July 2000: Changed name by deed poll from Edwards to Bayley.
September 1, 2000: First of five rapes of women in St Kilda area. Each woman was driven to a lane in Elwood and violently raped in a vehicle.
*Nov 2000 - raped 18y/o sex worker. Not reported until 2012. Trial 2015 (guilty) Appeal 2016 (overturned) non parole period reduced 3yrs.
April 17, 2001: Arrested over the 5 rapes. DNA NEVER STORED ON DATABASE.
2001: 2nd child born to 2nd partner (4th)
April 26, 2002: Sentenced to 11 years with a minimum of 8 after pleading guilty to 16 rapes on 5 women in St Kilda.
Sentenced under S6D - serious sex offender. NOT MONITORED ON RELEASE
2009: Completed sex offender treatment program in prison.
March 17, 2010 release on parole at the earliest date after minimum term .
August 12, 2011: King-hit man outside a Geelong cafe, breaking his jaw.
October 2011 - defacto relationship 6mths
Loretta O'Neill - Budds st Coburg
February 27, 2012: pleaded guilty at Geelong magistrates’ Court to recklessly causing serious injury and jailed for three months. Appealed and released on bail awaiting appeal. Parole was continued.
*April 2012 - raped 25y/o sex worker.
2015 trial (guilty). 2016 Appealed sentence. (dismissed)
*14 July 2012 - raped Dutch backpacker.
2015 trial (Guilty) 2016 Appeal (dismissed)
September 22, 2012: Attacked & murdered Jill Meagher as she walked home in Brunswick
September 27, 2017: charged with murder
April 2013: Sentenced to a minimum term of 35 years.
September 2013 : Appeal against minimum term dismissed
13 July 2014 - Guilty of three counts of rape, two counts of assault, one count of false imprisonment and one count of making threats to kill between October 31 and December 1, 2000, at Elwood. He had attacked and raped a then 18-year-old sex worker.
March 12 , 2015 - Guilty one count of rape and one count of false imprisonment after attacking a then 25-year-old sex worker. He had driven the victim from St Kilda to a narrow laneway at Elwood before raping her.
March 26, 2015 Guilty after this third trial of one count of rape, two counts of indecent assault, one count of false imprisonment and one count of assault after being accused of attacking a Dutch backpacker on July 15, 2012.
2015: Had his jail term increased to 43yrs no parole after being found guilty of 3 other rapes* in 3 separate trials.
The convictions related to attacks on a sex worker in 2000, another sex worker in April 2012 and a Dutch backpacker in July 2012.
Bayley appealed against the convictions in the first and third rape trials, and the sentences in all three trials.
13 July 2016: acquitting him of three counts of rape two counts of common assault and single charges of false imprisonment and making a threat to kill from the first trial (sex attack 2000) the Court of Appeal reduced Bayley's non-parole period from 43 years to 40.
Adrian Bayley will be 83 when eligible for parole in 2055.

Wow this is an amazing summary noname!

First thing that strikes me is the large number and continuous nature of sexual or violent assaults.

Second is that he keeps getting released either on bail or or parole after serving minimal time, without giving DNA or being supervised. Eg. Out in 22 months for 3 sexual assaults or attempted sexual assaults in April 1993.

Third there is a gap in offending from April 1993 unit 2000, that doesn't occur whether he was married, having children or in or out of relationships before of after these dates.

Could he have been in Perth during this gap?

Could he have still have been offending but not being caught during this time?

I can only find non specific information printed that doesn't say he was in Perth and doesn't say he wasn't!

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/timeline-the-dark-past-of-adrian-bayley-20150320-1m3sda.html

To my knowledge the only reference to a name being recorded incorrectly was in SR rendition of the story that he picked SS up twice in a day the day before.

There didn't seem to be any account of the phone call being forced, even if the 3 minute timeframe with her calling the taxi and her not being there seemed a bit tight. bbm

rsbm

The following was posted a few pages back and the link is below the post. Bunnie seems to confirm that the time from when SS rang for taxi and it arriving was 8 minutes. Please confirm Bunnie?

Originally Posted by Spinnanker

rsbm

1996 - SS
“It was just before 2am when a tired Sarah Spiers told a friend she was going to grab a cab and head home for the night.” Records show a call was placed at 2.06am, with Sarah telling the taxi dispatcher she would be waiting at the corner of Stirling Highway and Stirling Road. But when the cab arrived exactly eight minutes later, Sarah had vanished.
https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/the-n...-ng-b88337785z

Bunnie Fact: The time between call placed and taxi arrival is correct. The phone she called from was on a main road. Taxi was very close when he received the job.

rsbm

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Western-Australia-15&p=13560402#post13560402

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo