Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The below article mentions that 'Police have two black and white videos - one made when Miss Rimmer vanished on the morning of June 9 and the other when Miss Glennon disappeared".

Has anyone seen the video taken when CG disappeared? Article mentions the search for 'a long-haired man'.
attachment.php

Source: West Australian 1997.

Attachments

• 186976_83243de0c1837aff3a0197c4d764408c copy.png
    186976_83243de0c1837aff3a0197c4d764408c copy.png
    180.4 KB · Views: 157
Hi everyone - I have been thinking about how the accused CSK's court hearing was delayed till Feb 28 2018. Is this something that can keep happening indefinitely or does there come a time when no more delays are allowed.
Also by Feb he will have been in jail over a year. Based on the fact that he hasn't said he is guilty or innocent how can he be locked up in jail for so long. Is there a time limit on keeping people locked up without a trial? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I know very little about the law. MOO
No. It cant happen indefinitely but it depends on the cause of the delay & whether its justifiable. Judges can and do get jacked off & may decide to move things along, then both sides had better make sure they're ready - but its a huge case & Supreme Court takes a while. Theres plenty of innocent people sitting in jails waiting for their day in court to come up & most havent been charged with double murder. If and when he's tried, if he's found guilty of any or all charges, his sentence will be backdated to the date of arrest and time already served will be deducted. If he's found guilty of either of the murders it doesnt make much difference anyway, he wont be getting out anytime soon. Each offence would likely attract jail time on its own and theres no way the judge is letting him out on bail. If he's innocent, he 's not the first and wont be the last to have served time for nothing nor to have spent a fortune defending yourself against something you didnt do. Sure, its totally unfair, but thats just how it goes Im afraid. Its one reason our legal system should allow for awarding of costs in our higher courts too.
In regard to JC boyfriends - theres at least 1 article posted in a prior thread featuring one of her boyfriends. I think he may have travelled over from Vic to help look or something. Do a search for her name & you'll find all the discussions & articles posted about her here previously.

Like a previous poster mentioned it is absurd to think a boat and crane were used to dump the car into the beach. With a boat and crane at your disposal the car would never ever be found again.

More than likely the car was dumped not far from the shore, either pushed or driven, but most likely pushed into the water and then over the next few days the tides and currents shifted the car into the location in which it was found. with strong enough currents that car would have been thrown around like a rag doll along the sea bottom which could explain any damage to the exterior. currents can shift objects that weigh several tonnes with absolute ease, don't underestimate the power of the ocean or the simplicity of the method used to dispose of this vehicle.

With the lights being left on I imagine a scenario of someone driving the car as close as possible to the point of entry, exiting the vehicle and manually pushing it into the ocean. Then mother nature takes over.

No. It cant happen indefinitely but it depends on the cause of the delay & whether its justifiable. Judges can and do get jacked off & may decide to move things along, then both sides had better make sure they're ready - but its a huge case & Supreme Court takes a while. Theres plenty of innocent people sitting in jails waiting for their day in court to come up & most havent been charged with double murder. If and when he's tried, if he's found guilty of any or all charges, his sentence will be backdated to the date of arrest and time already served will be deducted. If he's found guilty of either of the murders it doesnt make much difference anyway, he wont be getting out anytime soon. Each offence would likely attract jail time on its own and theres no way the judge is letting him out on bail. If he's innocent, he 's not the first and wont be the last to have served time for nothing nor to have spent a fortune defending yourself against something you didnt do. Sure, its totally unfair, but thats just how it goes Im afraid. Its one reason our legal system should allow for awarding of costs in our higher courts too.
In regard to JC boyfriends - theres at least 1 article posted in a prior thread featuring one of her boyfriends. I think he may have travelled over from Vic to help look or something. Do a search for her name & you'll find all the discussions & articles posted about her here previously.

no name - thank you for the information.....Annalise

Is it possible for the Moderator to establish a separate thread for the endless debate about the circumstances surrounding the entry of Fiat at Cottesloe Beach? Its making my head hurt

Hi Fast Eddie,

We may be getting a little bit repetetive but the CSK is a pretty good suspect imo, Julie's disappearance is a fit with his MO/signature aside from ditching the car but in future incidents he used his own car. He takes what he wants of their clothes but always handbag and shoes, these items of the victims have never, ever been found.

I think JC's case was written off. Why? No Coroners Inquest. Why? Has it ever been part of a review, how many did SS, JR and CG get?

Happy to move to another thread though if everyone's agreeable. :)

PS: It's also been productive. A couple of weeks ago, most of us weren't even aware those Channel 7 pics of the Fiat existed, I'll take a guess someone graciously dug them up for us because there's been so much interest on this thread. They've been of enormous value.

Is it possible for the Moderator to establish a separate thread for the endless debate about the circumstances surrounding the entry of Fiat at Cottesloe Beach? Its making my head hurt

No, nothing but her 'discarded' license which was found later in the park somewhere away from the crime scene.

Interesting it seems he may be more focused on not leaving any clothing behind, shoes that are of little evidentiary value generally yet it's indicated ligatures have been found

KK victim: iirc she was left with no clothes on.
Anyone know if her clothes, bag and shoes were found later on at the crime scene?
Or did the accused keep these items as trophies?

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Like a previous poster mentioned it is absurd to think a boat and crane were used to dump the car into the beach. With a boat and crane at your disposal the car would never ever be found again.

More than likely the car was dumped not far from the shore, either pushed or driven, but most likely pushed into the water and then over the next few days the tides and currents shifted the car into the location in which it was found. with strong enough currents that car would have been thrown around like a rag doll along the sea bottom which could explain any damage to the exterior. currents can shift objects that weigh several tonnes with absolute ease, don't underestimate the power of the ocean or the simplicity of the method used to dispose of this vehicle.

With the lights being left on I imagine a scenario of someone driving the car as close as possible to the point of entry, exiting the vehicle and manually pushing it into the ocean. Then mother nature takes over.
CSK?,
Thank you for such a sensible response, will look forward to more of your posts. Your down-to-earth explanation is what this forum needs.

This is a numbered thread that does not have its own sub-forum within the Serial Killers forum.

If certain posts are bothersome to anyone, we recommend they simply scroll on by.

:tyou:

"Its making my head hurt"

Does that happen when you watch the
ol' claremont ghost videos too ?

Quote csk?:
"More than likely the car was dumped not far from the shore,
either pushed or driven,
But most likely pushed into the water and then over the next few days the tides and currents shifted the car into the location in which it was found."

Csk?,
Theres no way the car could have taken a few days to work its way out .
Cottesloe is a popular beach ,
and it was found in the middle of it .
I think it was submerged when found and reports say between 35-50 metres off the shore .
There was a window of time (3 nights) and that was at night not daylight .
Daytime seems out of the question because it obviously would have been seen .
I dont think that this could have happened by chance,
except only this 1st night monday ;
On the first of the 3 nights there was big enough waves to move the car .
Thats the only time that there was enough energy in the sea for a car to get moved imo.
We have the information based of wave buoy measurements.
Its scientific, theres no guessing .
We can see the tide charts, and that theres no way that the small neap tidal movements did anything of significance imo.
We know that the leeuwin current was strong , going southward ,
increasing in strength over the mon 20th -thursday 24th.
Studies prove this & links have been posted about this (by me) already .

In late May or early June, (1988) Julie rang her father to report an alarming incident in which she had been driving home in her Fiat sedan from work along the Stirling Highway.

Julie told her father, Roger, that a car had followed her closely for several kilometres along Stirling Highway, almost touching her rear bumper at times and seemed to be trying to force her off the road.

As she approached a turn-off in the beachside suburb of Cottesloe, the car pulled alongside and then suddenly veered in front of her.

Ms Cutler swerved around it and sped away, later reporting the incident to police.

As her stepsister related, years later, she called “extremely upset. She thought whoever was in the car wanted to run her off the road or force her to pull over.”

http://www.news.com.au/news/vanishe...g/news-story/1f9da6564bf58fdfb6f6532c5e7b5d2f

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Yep, that's why I rarely bother watching them anymore. Just rubbish.

Well then can you please send them to me?

Because I've never seen the famous Claremont Ghost Video/s!!!

Believe it or not!

And ..... obviously I'd be the best candidate to receive your copy of the Claremont Ghost Video!!!

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.

In late May or early June, (1988) Julie rang her father to report an alarming incident in which she had been driving home in her Fiat sedan from work along the Stirling Highway.

Julie told her father, Roger, that a car had followed her closely for several kilometres along Stirling Highway, almost touching her rear bumper at times and seemed to be trying to force her off the road.

As she approached a turn-off in the beachside suburb of Cottesloe, the car pulled alongside and then suddenly veered in front of her.

Ms Cutler swerved around it and sped away, later reporting the incident to police.

As her stepsister related, years later, she called “extremely upset. She thought whoever was in the car wanted to run her off the road or force her to pull over.”

http://www.news.com.au/news/vanishe...g/news-story/1f9da6564bf58fdfb6f6532c5e7b5d2f

Pit manoeuvre rookie!
Obviously

Pit manoeuvre rookie!
Obviously

Two years beforehand, a road rage incident occurred on the Kwinana Fwy, near the Mill Point Rd intersection. (1986 – 12th April, Saturday - 1.30am).
The incident involved Stuart Richardson (aged 25) driver of a Volkswagen with passengers who was his brother Matthew (18) and their two girlfriends. The other driver was driving a blue Gemini.
The road rage incident allegedly commenced when Stuart indicated and changed lanes. Stuart’s made a statement to the police, allegedly describing the other driver as going berserk, bouncing up and down inside his vehicle, in a furious rage, somewhat like a monkey, bashing at his horn, flashing his lights and making rude gestures with wild erratic manoeuvres closely behind.
The action continued as Stuart and passengers headed towards Fremantle Police Station, along Leach Highway alleging that the other driver repeatedly bumped into his rear, swiftly driving around and pulling alongside, bouncing in his seat like a madman, driving off, and then pulling in front and then suddenly slowing. As Stuart drove, the Gemini driver slammed on his brakes so that Stuart would bump into him again.
Upon arrival at Fremantle police station Stuart had intentions of reporting the matter and asking for the Gemini driver being charged. The Gemini driver jumped out of his car shouting at Stuart, "You've picked on the wrong bloke here mate!"
Stuart and passengers soon discovered that the Gemini driver was a police recruit. Both Stuart and the police recruit were tested for alcohol - Stuart’s was negative. The recruit’s alcohol level was 0.12, and was again retested, when the examining police officer claimed it was under the alcohol limit (0.8). The police recruit’s parents were called and attended the station just after the second BAC test given. (45 minutes is the standard time between administration of BAC tests). A duty Inspector was called to the station and took statements.

Neither Stuart nor the police recruit received any charges.

Stuart went to the media and repeated the allegations after he was dissatisfied with the outcome of the Police Inquiry.

Stories appeared in Newspapers the following week, like the Daily News, eg:
8134212153d4123281d329235477c194.jpg
and he was interviewed on television. A police response was given to the media later, reiterating there was no independent witnesses, and that there were conflicting accounts of what occurred.
IE: His word against His word.

Two years beforehand, a road rage incident occurred on the Kwinana Fwy, near the Mill Point Rd intersection. (1986 – 12th April, Saturday - 1.30am).
The incident involved Stuart Richardson (aged 25) driver of a Volkswagen with passengers who was his brother Matthew (18) and their two girlfriends. The other driver was driving a blue Gemini.
The road rage incident allegedly commenced when Stuart indicated and changed lanes. Stuart’s made a statement to the police, allegedly describing the other driver as going berserk, bouncing up and down inside his vehicle, in a furious rage, somewhat like a monkey, bashing at his horn, flashing his lights and making rude gestures with wild erratic manoeuvres closely behind.
The action continued as Stuart and passengers headed towards Fremantle Police Station, along Leach Highway alleging that the other driver repeatedly bumped into his rear, swiftly driving around and pulling alongside, bouncing in his seat like a madman, driving off, and then pulling in front and then suddenly slowing. As Stuart drove, the Gemini driver slammed on his brakes so that Stuart would bump into him again.
Upon arrival at Fremantle police station Stuart had intentions of reporting the matter and asking for the Gemini driver being charged. The Gemini driver jumped out of his car shouting at Stuart, "You've picked on the wrong bloke here mate!"
Stuart and passengers soon discovered that the Gemini driver was a police recruit. Both Stuart and the police recruit were tested for alcohol - Stuart’s was negative. The recruit’s alcohol level was 0.12, and was again retested, when the examining police officer claimed it was under the alcohol limit (0.8). The police recruit’s parents were called and attended the station just after the second BAC test given. (45 minutes is the standard time between administration of BAC tests). A duty Inspector was called to the station and took statements.

Neither Stuart nor the police recruit received any charges.

Stuart went to the media and repeated the allegations after he was dissatisfied with the outcome of the Police Inquiry.

Stories appeared in Newspapers the following week, like the Daily News, eg:
8134212153d4123281d329235477c194.jpg
and he was interviewed on television. A police response was given to the media later, reiterating there was no independent witnesses, and that there were conflicting accounts of what occurred.
IE: His word against His word.
PD,

Many thanks for the information. Perhaps the police rookie driving the blue gemini worked at the Fremantle police station. It seems his parents arrived fairly quickly, perhaps they lived near Fremantle.

How strange that JC had a roadrage incident prior to her disappearance. JC lived in Fremantle too.

Back in those days roadrage incidents weren't that common - not like these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990