Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two years beforehand, a road rage incident occurred on the Kwinana Fwy, near the Mill Point Rd intersection. (1986 – 12th April, Saturday - 1.30am).
The incident involved Stuart Richardson (aged 25) driver of a Volkswagen with passengers who was his brother Matthew (18) and their two girlfriends. The other driver was driving a blue Gemini.
The road rage incident allegedly commenced when Stuart indicated and changed lanes. Stuart’s made a statement to the police, allegedly describing the other driver as going berserk, bouncing up and down inside his vehicle, in a furious rage, somewhat like a monkey, bashing at his horn, flashing his lights and making rude gestures with wild erratic manoeuvres closely behind.
The action continued as Stuart and passengers headed towards Fremantle Police Station, along Leach Highway alleging that the other driver repeatedly bumped into his rear, swiftly driving around and pulling alongside, bouncing in his seat like a madman, driving off, and then pulling in front and then suddenly slowing. As Stuart drove, the Gemini driver slammed on his brakes so that Stuart would bump into him again.
Upon arrival at Fremantle police station Stuart had intentions of reporting the matter and asking for the Gemini driver being charged. The Gemini driver jumped out of his car shouting at Stuart, "You've picked on the wrong bloke here mate!"
Stuart and passengers soon discovered that the Gemini driver was a police recruit. Both Stuart and the police recruit were tested for alcohol - Stuart’s was negative. The recruit’s alcohol level was 0.12, and was again retested, when the examining police officer claimed it was under the alcohol limit (0.8). The police recruit’s parents were called and attended the station just after the second BAC test given. (45 minutes is the standard time between administration of BAC tests). A duty Inspector was called to the station and took statements.

Neither Stuart nor the police recruit received any charges.

Stuart went to the media and repeated the allegations after he was dissatisfied with the outcome of the Police Inquiry.

Stories appeared in Newspapers the following week, like the Daily News, eg:
8134212153d4123281d329235477c194.jpg
and he was interviewed on television. A police response was given to the media later, reiterating there was no independent witnesses, and that there were conflicting accounts of what occurred.
IE: His word against His word.
Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Davo, so you think these 2 situations are related?
Maybe the same perpetrator?

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Two years beforehand, a road rage incident occurred on the Kwinana Fwy, near the Mill Point Rd intersection. (1986 – 12th April, Saturday - 1.30am).
The incident involved Stuart Richardson (aged 25) driver of a Volkswagen with passengers who was his brother Matthew (18) and their two girlfriends. The other driver was driving a blue Gemini.
The road rage incident allegedly commenced when Stuart indicated and changed lanes. Stuart’s made a statement to the police, allegedly describing the other driver as going berserk, bouncing up and down inside his vehicle, in a furious rage, somewhat like a monkey, bashing at his horn, flashing his lights and making rude gestures with wild erratic manoeuvres closely behind.
The action continued as Stuart and passengers headed towards Fremantle Police Station, along Leach Highway alleging that the other driver repeatedly bumped into his rear, swiftly driving around and pulling alongside, bouncing in his seat like a madman, driving off, and then pulling in front and then suddenly slowing. As Stuart drove, the Gemini driver slammed on his brakes so that Stuart would bump into him again.
Upon arrival at Fremantle police station Stuart had intentions of reporting the matter and asking for the Gemini driver being charged. The Gemini driver jumped out of his car shouting at Stuart, "You've picked on the wrong bloke here mate!"
Stuart and passengers soon discovered that the Gemini driver was a police recruit. Both Stuart and the police recruit were tested for alcohol - Stuart’s was negative. The recruit’s alcohol level was 0.12, and was again retested, when the examining police officer claimed it was under the alcohol limit (0.8). The police recruit’s parents were called and attended the station just after the second BAC test given. (45 minutes is the standard time between administration of BAC tests). A duty Inspector was called to the station and took statements.

Neither Stuart nor the police recruit received any charges.

Stuart went to the media and repeated the allegations after he was dissatisfied with the outcome of the Police Inquiry.

Stories appeared in Newspapers the following week, like the Daily News, eg:
8134212153d4123281d329235477c194.jpg
and he was interviewed on television. A police response was given to the media later, reiterating there was no independent witnesses, and that there were conflicting accounts of what occurred.
IE: His word against His word.

Hi Petedavo - I wonder if the police investigating JC's case saw a connection between JC being chased on Stirling Highway and Stuart Richardson being chased on Kwinana Fwy? Maybe they discovered it was but it was covered up again. MOO

Also would a police recruit be able to access someone's address from their liscense plate? Might explain the break in at Julie's flat. MOO

Well then can you please send them to me?

Because I've never seen the famous Claremont Ghost Video/s!!!

Believe it or not!

And ..... obviously I'd be the best candidate to receive your copy of the Claremont Ghost Video!!!

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
Haven't seen them either. Now i feel like an outsider. No 'in' crowd for me.

Does anyone have any ideas what's the hold up with the court case. As they had an extra 30 detectives to go back 30 years, perhaps there was something else uncovered. Any extra DNA tests would take extra time, witnesses need to be contacted.

Someone must have an opinion....and I don't want a smart-alec comment or a durr from PCS..

Also would a police recruit be able to access someone's address from their liscense plate? Might explain the break in at Julie's flat. MOO
Police academy training doesn't last two years. He would've been a fully fledged police officer within months. He wouldn't be a recruit anymore by 1988, he would've finished his probationary status and be deployed out at a station somewhere by 1988 doing his 1st tenure, I'd expect. They tend to do 3 year stints called tenures before moving to another station or position. They're expected to do at least one country tenure, however detectives used to be quarantined from tenure restrictions, so a lot of them would try and get themselves into detectives as early as they could.

Does anyone have any ideas what's the hold up with the court case. As they had an extra 30 detectives to go back 30 years, perhaps there was something else uncovered. Any extra DNA tests would take extra time, witnesses need to be contacted.

Someone must have an opinion....and I don't want a smart-alec comment or a durr from PCS..

Gosh so tempting! Lol x
[emoji12][emoji317][emoji56][emoji56][emoji56]

Hi Petedavo - I wonder if the police investigating JC's case saw a connection between JC being chased on Stirling Highway and Stuart Richardson being chased on Kwinana Fwy? Maybe they discovered it was but it was covered up again. MOO
I very much doubt it TBH.

Davo, so you think these 2 situations are related?
Maybe the same perpetrator?

IMO, it needs to be ruled out. They could easily do that by checking station log books to establish where he was in that timeframe in 1988. And if he was somewhere else too far away, or occupied, then they could easily exclude him, and look for someone else.

Haven't seen them either. Now i feel like an outsider. No 'in' crowd for me.

You did see the clear image called Hint 7. Looked like a double doored garage at the front of a salmon brick building.

Yeah of course his folks turned up.. First thing they do is call your folks for you & get them to come on down......seriously... Wtf?
How drunk was he...?
Or... Whos his daddy?

CV Maybe it's the "Weinstein" effect more women have gradually got the courage to come forward. I know with my abuser every time there was something in the paper more women came forward interestingly contacting the journalists rather than the police. It was estimated that there there were around 300 victims. His car ran into a tree sparing us all a trial, Many got small amounts of Criminal Injuries Compensation. It wasn't about getting the compensation it was about knowing that a government department had the information on record and it couldn't be denied.

Yeah of course his folks turned up.. First thing they do is call your folks for you & get them to come on down......seriously... Wtf?
How drunk was he...?
Or... Whos his daddy?

Many dynasties in the police especially in the past.

How drunk was he...?
Or... Whos his daddy?
Sleuths like to sleuth. You can hear the cogs ticking over when no ones posting. They'll be trying to guess where he lived based upon his parents travel time and the fact that he was heading South on Kwinana Fwy.
So I'll make it easy 45 minutes call to arrival. 15 minutes to take call and get out of bed and dressed, 30 minutes travel. According to Google Drive that would get you from only Thornlie at best, not Huntingdale, therefore, no it's not BRE, and besides back in 1986 you had to be 19 or turning 19 to do the Police Academy training, so BRE would be too young by a year. Besides which, we know that he went straight from high school to Telstra.

PD,

Many thanks for the information. Perhaps the police rookie driving the blue gemini worked at the Fremantle police station. It seems his parents arrived fairly quickly, perhaps they lived near Fremantle.

How strange that JC had a roadrage incident prior to her disappearance. JC lived in Fremantle too.

Back in those days roadrage incidents weren't that common - not like these days.

Seems coincidental that there was an old blue Gemini parked in BRE's driveway when he was arrested. Just saying

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 38
Seems coincidental that there was an old blue Gemini parked in BRE's driveway when he was arrested. Just saying
Although the damage on Julie's car looks more likely from a higher ground clearance vehicle, if it was from a side swipe. Like the white one in the picture. Just Saying.

Police academy training doesn't last two years. He would've been a fully fledged police officer within months. He wouldn't be a recruit anymore by 1988, he would've finished his probationary status and be deployed out at a station somewhere by 1988 doing his 1st tenure, I'd expect. They tend to do 3 year stints called tenures before moving to another station or position. They're expected to do at least one country tenure, however detectives used to be quarantined from tenure restrictions, so a lot of them would try and get themselves into detectives as early as they could.

By now that rookie is probably a senior detective sergeant

.....and then there was the fast driver in a blue car that came up behind Kerry Turner which she got into and was never seen alive again. MOO

Sleuths like to sleuth. You can hear the cogs ticking over when no ones posting. They'll be trying to guess where he lived based upon his parents travel time and the fact that he was heading South on Kwinana Fwy.
So I'll make it easy 45 minutes call to arrival. 15 minutes to take call and get out of bed and dressed, 30 minutes travel. According to Google Drive that would get you from only Thornlie at best, not Huntingdale, therefore, no it's not BRE, and besides back in 1986 you had to be 19 or turning 19 to do the Police Academy training, so BRE would be too young by a year. Besides which, we know that he went straight from high school to Telstra.

In 1986 the Kwinana Fwy didn't extend to South St. From memory the Mt Henry bridge was built in the early 1990s. Perhaps the rookie was headed to Fremantle police station, via Leach Hwy. I think that station opened 24/7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990