Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It IS very interesting how that happens, isn't it? I think it often comes down to personal experience.

I was in a relationship with an awful guy once, but while I was involved with him and had feelings for him, I thought he was great and swallowed pretty much everything he told me. Then I started to feel unhappy about things and started to see the problems and one day he went too far with me and I left the relationship. After that I started seeing stuff that was going on and what I was being told in a very different light. The two perspectives I had (the one when I was with him and afterward) were so diametrically opposed they could have been about different people.

Example: A woman once let herself into his house and tried to climb into bed with us (not knowing I was there) and I believed him when he said she was just a friend staying with him for awhile! Can't say I had the same opinion after I thought about it in hindsight.

I had assumed that police were just going through old cases in a general way to see if they could solve any with the progression of DNA testing. But you are right, perhaps something specific prompted them to look at those ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe he started trying to pick women up again. There was reports of a ‘Telstra guy’ trying to pick women up in Claremont area.

Yes the announcement of link between CG and KK alleged victims would definitely be a trigger for the alleged CSK.

IIRC I thought we'd already discussed that here on these CSK threads.

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Wow I'd never thought of it your way. Interesting what different thoughts people draw from the same info.

Got me thinking, what triggered police in 2015 to look at the 95 rape or the 88 “kimono”? Perhaps the break up resulted in a tip to police about both (or more) events.
What do you mean by "what triggered police in 2015 to look at the 95 rape or the 88 kimono"?
The link between CG & the KK rape was made way before 2015, probably 2008 when the MM video was released & the police focus shifted away from LW. Even though the breakthrough clue from CG that was overlooked in 1997 was sent to Britain for testing in 2004. The lost JR fibres were recovered in 2011.
According to the official police statements, they claim the link to the Kimono was made in 2016 during a property room audit & retesting of old evidence.

Are you querying what caused the DNA links & the forensics to be released publically in 2015?

Hi Canning Vale is there somewhere you can sit/lie and wait ? If you could get photos that would be great.
Perhaps a red water balloon popping on the police van windscreen might be funny.

I dont think that the death penalty has actually ceased. Its still used in many parts of Australia and the world under a different title. The list is long and i cant imagine its not still growing.
Whatever its named, its not stopped.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_legally_executed_in_Australia

"For the first few months, prisoners gardened and cleared the bush and were allowed to hunt for food in the afternoons. But conditions deteriorated when Henry Vincent began his long reign as superintendent.
The mining of limestone and building of the prison began.
Vincent was loose with his use of the cat o' nine tails.
Prisoners were worked ruthlessly in the heat, inadequately clothed and chained together at night.
"Henry Vincent was barbaric.
He would beat prisoners, kick them," says Dr Stasiuk, the author and director of Wadjemup: Rottnest Island as a Black Prison and White Playground.
"There's evidence he got clips and ripped a prisoner's beard clean out.
Another time he beat a prisoner to death with a set of keys.
"He would hang prisoners sentenced to death in front of lore men who were about to return to the mainland, as a warning to the community that if they break the law, this is what could happen to you.
"He had no problem with shooting prisoners if they didn't do as they were told.
He chained them up at night with a long pole system. It was hell on earth."

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-25/rottnest-island-black-prison-to-white-playground/7962940
OMG another chapter of WA's history that I was ignorantly unaware of. Thanks for bringing it to my attention [emoji24]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Who would you invite to dinner? - Tonight I have thought a round table discussion with Bret Christian (Post Newspapers) would be great. I'll be inspecting my letterbox for this Monday's edition of his newspaper anyways.............

Owlie ,
There were 2 comments that were pro death penalty, so i made a random post .
I dont agree because the justice system is flawed. Capital punishment is inhumane and theres always been wrongful convictions.
Its quite a rare thing to see this pro-attitude on the websleuths forums .
I read a lot on websleuths but still dont see this topic raised often .
I see the opposite attitude much more where innocent people are punished.
Ive seen the Greenough axe massacre case numerous times and i mentioned it on here about a year ago that it was one of the first WA cases where DNA evidence was successfully used. Ive seen hundreds of cases and documentaries.
I have recently studied the cases of henry keogh,andrew mallard, john button,Daryl beamish,the micklebergs, lindy chamberlain and many more wrongfully convicted or who claim they are.
And then theres aboriginals in our country, many more than the poor whitefellas wrongly convicted.
I think the attitude is very wrong before its even begun because its a non compassionate attitude JmO..

"Even more startling, the investigation found it was very unlikely Curtain had placed Lynda in the water.
Lynda was found two kilometres downstream on the opposite side of the river.
Analysis of historic tidal records has shown that she would have had to have been placed on the north side of the river. Curtain had no car, and no time, to travel to the opposite side.

However, there is one fact that is even more startling.
There has never been any DNA or forensic evidence connecting Curtain to the crime. There are only discredited witness statements and that coerced confession, which was extracted without legal representation.
But it is not just the police investigation – there were also concerns about the court process, and the way the media reported sensationalistic, and false, testimony given on the stand by discredited witnesses.
If Kevin Henry, or Curtain, has spent 25 years in prison for a crime he didn’t commit, how many other Aboriginal prisoners in Australia are innocent ?"

https://newmatilda.com/2017/01/12/how-many-indigenous-prisoners-in-australia-are-innocent/

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...e/news-story/7619f4d6a77d066f7384758991fb4052

As I said meticulously we all have the right to our own opinions and the right to express them. I respect your opinion and in terms of injustices to Aboriginal Australians, I 100% agree with you. I have worked closely with many Aboriginal people in Aboriginal health.

You however did not respect me by inferring that my opinion was due to the fact that I had been drinking - I found this to be both offensive and ignorant. I have not personally criticised you, just disagreed with your opinion on the death penalty which I have every right to do, as you have every right to disagree with my opinion. But you have no right to make personal comments masquerading as humour.

As I’ve said on several previous occasions I haven’t just read about these cases I’ve lived through them, perhaps that and being a woman (as all of the cases I’ve discussed have been perpetrated by men against women and children) affects my perspective but I believe “heinous” murders deserve the death penalty, not all murders. But as we don’t have the death penalty and it is highly unlikely to be introduced it’s a mute point anyway. However I will continue to voice my opinions in a logical and calm manner without personal attacks, as I am entitled to do in our wonderful free country.

I have not voiced anything sub judice in any posts I’ve made since the arrest in the CSK case I have always written “the alleged CSK”.

Maybe he started trying to pick women up again. There was reports of a ‘Telstra guy’ trying to pick women up in Claremont area.

what reports were these? Newspaper or word of mouth? Did they coincide with the breadown of his marriage. The three murders coinicided with the breakdown of his first marriage. A similar pattern occurred with Ivan Milat.

Who would you invite to dinner? - Tonight I have thought a round table discussion with Bret Christian (Post Newspapers) would be great. I'll be inspecting my letterbox for this Monday's edition of his newspaper anyways.............

Eaglette, the case was of course front page, (and p6 or so) in the Friday published Post, but short and all very much the same wording as other press. Call for the Camry, noting of the other charges. No doubt all carefully avoiding being sub-judicial. Apologies have already recycled the paper or I’d screen shot it. It is digital.
Brets a nice bloke, you should invite him to dinner.

Thank you Why Why for the digital online Post.

Facts on the Charges at this point in time:
BRE has been formally charged with the wilful murder of Sarah Spiers, Jane Rimmer and Ciara Glennon which is Three (3) wilful murder charges. Two (2) counts of aggravated sexual assault without consent. Two (2) counts of deprivation of liberty. One (1) of indecent assault and One (1) of breaking and entering. Next due in Court this Wed 28 February 2018.

Eaglette, the case was of course front page, (and p6 or so) in the Friday published Post, but short and all very much the same wording as other press. Call for the Camry, noting of the other charges. No doubt all carefully avoiding being sub-judicial. Apologies have already recycled the paper or I’d screen shot it. It is digital.
Brets a nice bloke, you should invite him to dinner.

Post Newspaper - Feb 24

a19c5b86346abbd1122d435d32474d84.jpg

39598362d13af71f3849a13e750a71f2.jpg

Article in today's Sunday Times by Jane Marwick, who was the first public person to report Sarah missing.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/pe...enager-sarah-spiers-was-missing-ng-b88755740z

I feel awful for the friends of the women who were out with them on the nights they disappeared. I can imagine the endless "if only"s.

Hmmm... interesting perspective from Jane Marwick. It’s well written and poignant. But...

Does anyone else remember a roadrunner from the very same Morning Crew that Jane worked for made a hugely inappropriate joke about Sarah on air that was met with laughter and then a flood of complaints from listeners? I don’t want to repeat what the road runner said, but I remember it clearly and it made light of her disappearance. I wonder what that guy’s thinking now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Today’s Sunday Times

d56da54024ab8c62c12fead257ee107a.jpg

Apologies Owlie, your are good .
There was 4 posts that mentioned capital punishment owlie, Yours was not the first .
#Canning Vale made the first of these comments.
If i read them in order , see i did not direct comment "what are you drinking?" at you in particular !
It was Saturday night, #Canning Vale likes a glass of wine !
Sorry you have taken personal offense to my comment.
Its not just Your pro-death penalty comment that prompted my comment, There is a succession of posts.

Thanks to everyone who liked/thanked my post, lots of support that is a lot - 12 !
There should be dedicated forums to discuss death penalties on the net instead of the CSK thread ?
Nobody has been proved guilty of these "Csk" crimes yet !

Screen shot ch7 news
21aba3031b9e6c9d3a05c7b19a873ea9.jpg

The talk of death penalties is just more waste of time and energy , it is an option that does not exist thankfully.... Maybe people have had sheltered lives but there is a whole world of people who have had wrongful convictions .. To approve of the state executing people is turning the state into a serial killer ... Killing people is no solution to anything

what reports were these? Newspaper or word of mouth? Did they coincide with the breadown of his marriage. The three murders coinicided with the breakdown of his first marriage. A similar pattern occurred with Ivan Milat.
Telstra Guy was a POI - see below dated March 2016. There is further information available on Telstra POI also.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 10.10.03 am.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 10.10.03 am.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 242
Telstra Guy was a POI - see below dated March 2016. There is further information available on Telstra POI also.

Thanks- I thought perhaps you were referring to another incident more recently. I did see that previously but they referred to that Telstra POI being an ex cop. I figured it was not BRE as surely they tested the DNA of all suspects on their radar over the years.

attachment.php

It is interesting that the attacks coincided with the breakdown of his relationship , maybe this activated something in him , maybe not ... Would anyone know if there are similarities between the victims and his first wife , not just physical , lifestyle etc .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper