Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great find ApplePie :) There's that on again off again watch as well. And a penchant for wigs, he might be a master of disguise.

<modsnip>

cache.php

(and yes that's a Te1stra lanyard)
source:
http://www.blac.asn.au/add_files/club_portal/forms/yrbk2012.pdf

Thanks for the link Lamp I sat in on most of the Royal Commission hearings. Those 135 pages were just 1 days transcript.

Examples of what the Royal Commission was told

EVIDENCE OF L1L1 said that officers from Claremont CIB often executed search warrants primarily for thepurpose of obtaining goods and money for themselves. If detectives became aware thatdrug dealers were in the area, they attempted to execute search warrants before the DrugSquad did, with a view to locating and stealing cash.L1 was not aware of officers forging search warrants. He said that, in his experience,warrants were easily obtainable. An officer was required merely to state that he had areasonable suspicion, not including the grounds upon which that reasonable suspicion wasbased. L1 recalled that officers applied for warrants if they had information that drugs mightbe present at particular premises, sometimes merely on the basis of the criminal record ofthe occupant.

SEARCH OF A STOLEN VEHICLE BY CLAREMONT CIBAt a time when L1 was stationed at Claremont CIB, a stolen vehicle was recovered byuniformed officers during a night shift and parked at the rear of the CIB offices.L1 said that, the following morning, he and other detectives searched the vehicle andlocated a large number of cartons of cigarettes in its boot. They were able to ascertain thatthe uniformed officers were not aware of the boot&#8217;s contents and they then decided to steala number of cartons. L1 received between six and ten cartons. He said that the cartonswere shared between detectives at Claremont CIB. Each of the other officers asked aboutthe matter denied having received any cigarettes.

L5 estimated that he was involved in between 20 and 50 assaults, involving a &#8220;clip acrossthe ear&#8221;, slaps and sometimes punches. On a couple of occasions, he lost control of thesituation and found himself &#8220;wrestling on the floor with somebody, punching and kicking&#8221;.L5 explained that the nature of an assault depended on the situation, the type of crimeunder investigation and the nature of the person being questioned. A seasoned criminal,with a history of contact with the police, was likely to receive more severe treatment inorder to obtain a confession.

L5 described the use by police of telephone books as &#8220;very effective&#8221; because it spread theimpact of blows across a wider area of the suspect&#8217;s body, reducing the risk of observablebruising. Normally, a few police officers were required to assault an offender using a phonebook. One officer held the book, one the suspect and another administered the blows. L5also saw suspects hit with the flat blade of a cricket bat.L5 said that officers who were prepared to verbal suspects and assault suspects acquiredthat reputation within the CIB. Only those officers would be taken on inquiries where therewas a likelihood that such tactics may be required. His perception was that those officersprogressed more quickly within WAPS.L5 gave evidence in criminal trials on several occasions in which the accused truthfullyalleged that he had been assaulted by police. When questioned under oath in respect ofsuch allegations, L5 and other officers routinely denied any assault.L5 described the worst assault he had witnessed. It occurred during an interview of asuspect in relation to a safe break when L5 was stationed at Scarborough CIB. He could notrecall the suspect&#8217;s name. He said that Detectives LS7 and LS6, who were stationed at theBreak and Enter Squad at the time, attended at Scarborough CIB and conducted theinterview. The suspect was knocked to the ground and LS7 and LS6 &#8220;stomped&#8221; on hisbroken arm, which was in plaster. The suspect was in excruciating pain. The suspect wasM15 and the date he was allegedly assaulted was 26 June 1984. Subsequently, at his trialon 20 February 1985, M15 accused LS6 and others of assault, and was acquitted. LS6 gaveevidence in that trial that no assault occurred. Accordingly, the matter fell within the RoyalCommission&#8217;s Terms of Reference.

Pics without links have been removed.

Pics of "innocents" have been removed. If it is not 100% clear who the individual is, you may NOT post it.

Regarding comments like "mods please remove if not allowed" ... WS staff do not and can not sit on threads to read posts in real time 24/7. If you think something might not be allowed, please ask Mods or Admin ahead of time rather than posting it and having umpteen responses that also have to be removed because it is not allowed.

Thanks for the link Lamp I sat in on most of the Royal Commission hearings. Those 135 pages were just 1 days transcript.

Examples of what the Royal Commission was told

EVIDENCE OF L1L1 said that officers from Claremont CIB often executed search warrants primarily for thepurpose of obtaining goods and money for themselves. If detectives became aware thatdrug dealers were in the area, they attempted to execute search warrants before the DrugSquad did, with a view to locating and stealing cash.L1 was not aware of officers forging search warrants. He said that, in his experience,warrants were easily obtainable. An officer was required merely to state that he had areasonable suspicion, not including the grounds upon which that reasonable suspicion wasbased. L1 recalled that officers applied for warrants if they had information that drugs mightbe present at particular premises, sometimes merely on the basis of the criminal record ofthe occupant.

SEARCH OF A STOLEN VEHICLE BY CLAREMONT CIBAt a time when L1 was stationed at Claremont CIB, a stolen vehicle was recovered byuniformed officers during a night shift and parked at the rear of the CIB offices.L1 said that, the following morning, he and other detectives searched the vehicle andlocated a large number of cartons of cigarettes in its boot. They were able to ascertain thatthe uniformed officers were not aware of the boot&#8217;s contents and they then decided to steala number of cartons. L1 received between six and ten cartons. He said that the cartonswere shared between detectives at Claremont CIB. Each of the other officers asked aboutthe matter denied having received any cigarettes.

L5 estimated that he was involved in between 20 and 50 assaults, involving a &#8220;clip acrossthe ear&#8221;, slaps and sometimes punches. On a couple of occasions, he lost control of thesituation and found himself &#8220;wrestling on the floor with somebody, punching and kicking&#8221;.L5 explained that the nature of an assault depended on the situation, the type of crimeunder investigation and the nature of the person being questioned. A seasoned criminal,with a history of contact with the police, was likely to receive more severe treatment inorder to obtain a confession.

L5 described the use by police of telephone books as &#8220;very effective&#8221; because it spread theimpact of blows across a wider area of the suspect&#8217;s body, reducing the risk of observablebruising. Normally, a few police officers were required to assault an offender using a phonebook. One officer held the book, one the suspect and another administered the blows. L5also saw suspects hit with the flat blade of a cricket bat.L5 said that officers who were prepared to verbal suspects and assault suspects acquiredthat reputation within the CIB. Only those officers would be taken on inquiries where therewas a likelihood that such tactics may be required. His perception was that those officersprogressed more quickly within WAPS.L5 gave evidence in criminal trials on several occasions in which the accused truthfullyalleged that he had been assaulted by police. When questioned under oath in respect ofsuch allegations, L5 and other officers routinely denied any assault.L5 described the worst assault he had witnessed. It occurred during an interview of asuspect in relation to a safe break when L5 was stationed at Scarborough CIB. He could notrecall the suspect&#8217;s name. He said that Detectives LS7 and LS6, who were stationed at theBreak and Enter Squad at the time, attended at Scarborough CIB and conducted theinterview. The suspect was knocked to the ground and LS7 and LS6 &#8220;stomped&#8221; on hisbroken arm, which was in plaster. The suspect was in excruciating pain. The suspect wasM15 and the date he was allegedly assaulted was 26 June 1984. Subsequently, at his trialon 20 February 1985, M15 accused LS6 and others of assault, and was acquitted. LS6 gaveevidence in that trial that no assault occurred. Accordingly, the matter fell within the RoyalCommission&#8217;s Terms of Reference.

Hi Janwa, you sat in on this! Heavy going!! I've never read anything like this before, just astounding. The "justice" system in full and glorious view. Heaven help us! Thanks for sharing those snippets!

For every one person police found, they had 5 more. DNA and more DNA testing.

Wow, the trial is going to bring out 1000 fold more information which will surprise a lot of people who said the opposite.

Quite a few of those people appear to have already vanished off the forums. I wont be surprised if other people knew of this crime and its perpetrator.

I have noticed some people disappear off social media too. Comments like, just having a rest, but have an association with the accused.

I will be interested to see how they manage this trial and its information, which will inevitably spill.

This is a terrible pic, even though I've cleaned it up as much as I can quickly, someone else with better skills might do a better job. It's a dot map, each dot represents a person on the streets the night Ciara was taken.

There's quite a few people it seems they've spoken to. I think you can make out Gugeri Street and get an idea from there where everything is.

attachment.php

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/12540511/dot_map_claremont_cg/

People associated with particular councils and research groups leaving social media. Deserters asking people to contact them through council channels if they need them.

Concerns also officers were operating under duress of other entities. At least one pulled for corruption. The deflection on Lance is concerning. Then there is Andrew. Rochford conveniently dead.

Obviously there is going to be some fall out.

Lance Fear and Loathing had similar appearance Hunter S Thompson.
cache.php

http://mixmag.net/read/a-fear-loathing-tv-series-about-hunter-s-thompson-is-being-developed-news

Friday night is Speedway night!!!!

claremont-showground-speedway-2009.JPG

http://mingor.net/localities/claremont-showground.html

I don't know what relationship DPP Carmel Barbagellos is to past speedway operators. This could get quite close to the point of conflict of interest.

RIP Corryn Rayney.

I think it’s already been pointed out there is no relationship.

I believe it’s purely a coincidence they have the same surname. The DPP studied in Brisbane worked in Victoria and only came to WA in the last 5 or so years.

I don't know what relationship DPP Carmel Barbagellos is to past speedway operators is. This could get quite close to the point of conflict of interest.

RIP Corryn Rayney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. Not a relative of the speedway organiser with the same surname. Thats good. That would mean no potential conflict of interest by association.

Wouldn't want to get half way into the trial and turns out the prosecutor knew by association the accused. Example, he used to work for daddy or uncle then went to Claremont for rape and pillage. #mistrial

Every technicality is going to be scrutinised, potentially used as outage.

https://au.linkedin.com/in/carmel-barbagallo-0a039668

I wonder if Claremont Speedway is indirectly owned by Wesfarmers? Lots of sheep.

In 1929 a pavilion and other features were built for the Western Australia Centenary.[SUP][5][/SUP]

Owner: Royal Agricultural Society of Western Australia [1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claremont_Showground

I think it&#8217;s already been pointed out there is no relationship.
I believe it&#8217;s purely a coincidence they have the same surname. The DPP studied in Brisbane worked in Victoria and only came to WA in the last 5 or so years.

Little Athletics is called so because it is for children ... I would think the photo of BRE wearing a wig was done for the amusement of children , I'm sure there would have been other parents or organisers doing the same thing on the day

Does everything this guy has done in his life have to warped and twisted into something its not

Comments about the KK victim being hoodwinked are just wrong ... this young lady is still alive and jokes about her are not what could be considered reasonable behaviour ... this is my opinion anyway

Let''s not forget this man is alleged to be a vicious rapist and serial killer either, please. The image of a self deprecating, funny bloke BRE is a great example of profilers saying words to the affect that when the Claremont Serial Killer is found, everyone will be shocked at how ordinary he is and how well he fits into the community.

John Wayne Gacy also liked to dress up as a clown for childrens birthday parties. "Everybody loves a clown."
Ted Bundy was also a dedicated volunteer, tirelessly working the suicide hotlines.
BTK went to church a lot. etc etc

It may be that BRE is a rare one that managed somehow, to completely stop indulging his worst fantasies we'll have to wait and see but I think we all know that while they may have breaks, that beast is still lurking in there somewhere.

Sorry, can't afford warm fuzzies here.

Little Athletics is called so because it is for children ... I would think the photo of BRE wearing a wig was done for the amusement of children , I'm sure there would have been other parents or organisers doing the same thing on the day

Does everything this guy has done in his life have to warped and twisted into something its not

Comments about the KK victim being hoodwinked are just wrong ... this young lady is still alive and jokes about her are not what could be considered reasonable behaviour ... this is my opinion anyway

He likes his wigs. I wonder if there is any blonde numbers? No wonder JR looked surprised.

Mr Magic had everyone hoodwinked. Mystery Man. Even the Karrakatta victim was hoodwinked.

Maybe the tall blonde guy talking to Sarah at the bar wasn't blonde? He got out the cab blonde, turns up the Spiers flat with black hair.

"She made it as far as the Showgrounds subway and a man grabbed her, put something over her head, tied her, up - she said with telephone cable
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?294704-Claremont-Serial-Killer-Media-Timelines-Photos-*NO-DISCUSSION*/page12

There in lies the problem with you not quoting the original post Kambo. Or did you do that deliberately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95