Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone able to provide the GPS coordinates for JRs D-site. I’d like to have a good look at what telecommunications equipment exists within the vicinity - in particular a transformer.

Presumably someone has already posted that information.

Post Newspaper - April 12 - 13, 1997:

"Mr Ault said there was little significance in the placing of the bodies north and south of Claremont"

Microfiche newspaper article
courtesy of # spinnaker
73f715962cb7c031f6f31f0927d08ce5.jpg

Some OT posts have been removed. Bringing in details of unrelated cases causes confusion.

Please stay on topic.

Also, stick to MSM. We have no way of knowing or verifying the source of info in unapproved blogs.

:tyou:

Is anyone able to provide the GPS coordinates for JRs D-site. I’d like to have a good look at what telecommunications equipment exists within the vicinity - in particular a transformer.

Sorry don’t know how to work out GPS coordinates but if you look at map of Woolcoot Road, it’s towards the end near Millar Road on the left hand side as you face north and there’s a little stream nearby. I’ve screenshotted it but can’t figure out how to attach. I live in Wellard and know the area well. Left flowers for Jane there the day he was arrested.

Sorry don’t know how to work out GPS coordinates but if you look at map of Woolcoot Road, it’s towards the end near Millar Road on the left hand side as you face north and there’s a little stream nearby. I’ve screenshotted it but can’t figure out how to attach. I live in Wellard and know the area well. Left flowers for Jane there the day he was arrested.

Daisyinthedesert - I just wanted to say “thank you” for putting flowers on Jane’s ds the day CSK was arrested. Such a kind and thoughtful thing to do. It’s lovely to know there are people out there who care - all we seem to hear these days is tragedy, misery, drugs, crime, domestic violence and murder.

Also I think about the lovely lady who found Jane’s body and stayed with her until the police came.

These acts of human kindness somehow override the evil and take its power away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daisyinthedesert - I just wanted to say “thank you” for putting flowers on Jane’s ds the day CSK was arrested. Such a kind and thoughtful thing to do. It’s lovely to know there are people out there who care - all we seem to hear these days is tragedy, misery, drugs, crime, domestic violence and murder.

Also I think about the lovely lady who found Jane’s body and stayed with her until the police came.

These acts of human kindness somehow override the evil and take its power away.

Well said Annalise! Thanks for that thoughtful comment, and DaisyintheDesert, as Annalise said, you are a kind soul.
attachment.php

Attachments

• small acts.jpg
    small acts.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 155
Hey All - great thread few points I want to add...

preplanning - if he preplanned this, why dump the body at Eglinton in thin scrube.. when he could have continued down the road 10 minutes and been in yanchep national park where he could have disposed of it more carefully?

Both Eglington and Wellard are roughly 50kms from Claremont, Im not sure on the roads back in the day but perhaps he drove then the maximum distance he could before he had to enter a log into his work car log book - ie ''all employee's driving the vehicle more than 100kms for personal use must provide log books and receipts''... perhaps he didnt want to leave a trail so drove them the maximum he could

second, how did he get 3 fit, young females into his car without alerting anybody... the fact he took a piece of clothing from a clothes line to hide his face during the home break in says to me he didnt plan these things, they were spontaneous. This makes me think there were 2 people - one person in a taxi and Bradley either hiding in the cab or waiting at a prepared point to take the girl

Also, in this footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTpMkQV_bfk

That police release, she is standing by a pole - the mystery man approaches her then walks off. That is strange, why would he walk off leving a potential ''target'' to leave..
in my opinion, he's told her '' ill go and grab my car and pick you up here - '' which is why she seemingly vanishes - it takes 10 seconds to pull up, have her get in and drive off.

Now, the first body was found in Wellard, 2nd body was found in Eglington and the first victim was never found. I think that she will be around Wellard ... that was his first place for dumping, he dumped victim one there, then victim 2 - was spooked or seen and decided to in the complete opposite direction to eglington.

The committal hearing is in just over a month, are public allowed in the gallery for this? I work in the CBD and would love to attend.. just to see what he looks like and get a feel for him

Hey All - great thread few points I want to add...

preplanning - if he preplanned this, why dump the body at Eglinton in thin scrube.. when he could have continued down the road 10 minutes and been in yanchep national park where he could have disposed of it more carefully?

Both Eglington and Wellard are roughly 50kms from Claremont, Im not sure on the roads back in the day but perhaps he drove then the maximum distance he could before he had to enter a log into his work car log book - ie ''all employee's driving the vehicle more than 100kms for personal use must provide log books and receipts''... perhaps he didnt want to leave a trail so drove them the maximum he could

second, how did he get 3 fit, young females into his car without alerting anybody... the fact he took a piece of clothing from a clothes line to hide his face during the home break in says to me he didnt plan these things, they were spontaneous. This makes me think there were 2 people - one person in a taxi and Bradley either hiding in the cab or waiting at a prepared point to take the girl

Also, in this footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTpMkQV_bfk

That police release, she is standing by a pole - the mystery man approaches her then walks off. That is strange, why would he walk off leving a potential ''target'' to leave..
in my opinion, he's told her '' ill go and grab my car and pick you up here - '' which is why she seemingly vanishes - it takes 10 seconds to pull up, have her get in and drive off.

Now, the first body was found in Wellard, 2nd body was found in Eglington and the first victim was never found. I think that she will be around Wellard ... that was his first place for dumping, he dumped victim one there, then victim 2 - was spooked or seen and decided to in the complete opposite direction to eglington.

The committal hearing is in just over a month, are public allowed in the gallery for this? I work in the CBD and would love to attend.. just to see what he looks like and get a feel for him

Hi Nomadic

The Huntingdale attack and the Claremont attacks were about 8 years apart which perhaps allowed increased thought in the process. You only have to look at the road statistics of 20 year old males to 28 year olds to see the difference.

From what I read the locations were pre-planned because they were easy to dispose of bodies quickly. The spot in Eglinton had a side road that cars could go off road. I thought I read somewhere there was a ditch too. I still believe both bodies were found by accident. It would have been dark at the time as it was after midnight.

Both bodies at the end of the freeway.
https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/nightmare-begins-for-third-family-ng-b88337795z

If MM is the CSK and did come back and pick JR back, I am guessing it wasn't necessarily outside of the hotel so there wouldn't be witnesses, which there wasn't any identified.

US profiler Joel Kohout made the comments below which if based on the accuse IMO seemed correct in her theories.

United States profiler Joel Kohout says she believes the Claremont serial killer acted alone.

"This is somebody who's put some planning into these crimes," she said.

"He's methodical, probably looks very normal on the surface, might have a steady job, no problems with employment."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2004-12-03/claremont-killer-organised-methodical/596728

I have posted at least one article previously about Wellard being searched several times after the discovery of JR including around Casuarina.

Hi Daisy,

Spooks-r-us in thread 13 post #2057 posted some pictures. There are some further ones later in the same thread.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...K-1996-97-Perth-WA-13&p=13303798#post13303798

Others would be better about attaching documents.

Re JR site.
Its never been as well sighted on MSM as CG site and looks alot different today than it did. But, if you place a marker somewhere around -32.2724xx , 115.8587xx you'll be in the vicinity IMO.
You can also see it without coordinates if you look on a satellite map at the western side of Woolcoot Rd roughly 100m south of Braddock Rd (theres a street that hasnt had as much discussion as I'd have expected). You will notice some limestone/drainage/whatever its called right on the edge of the road. Its a few meters in and down from there.

Have we ever considered Sarah may have been placed in the ocean? If it was first murder, perhaps culprit was more cagey about having body discovered. I realise tide may have brought her to shore, but also a good chance sea life would have destroyed a lot of evidence etc. Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dr. Ananth Pullela
Dr. Ananth Pullela, a forensic psychiatrist working for the health
department and justice ministry, said the killer was deliberately spacing
the bodies to avoid detection.

“We found one south of Perth, this time in the north; I’m
suggesting we should carefully be looking at bushland east of Perth,” Dr. Pullela told ABC radio.

“They (criminals) try to dispose of the bodies in different
directions mainly to avoid detection.

Dr. Pullela said the killer was trying to leave no clues to the
location where the murders occurred.

“I think he was trying to disguise the crime scene,” he said.

Dr. Pullela said the lack of care in disposing of the two bodies
so that they would not be found challenged the police profile of the killer.

Police have described the principal behind the three murders as a
controlled man who had carefully planned the abductions and murderers.

“If he’s so meticulous in disposing of the bodies, why hasn’t he
taken more precautions by disposing of the bodies in a much better way,” Dr. Pullela said.

“I’m actually targeting a disturbed psychological state. Is this
man disturbed at this point of time, not realising that by leaving the bodies metres away from a very busy road they could be detected?”

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ler-1996-1997-Perth-Western-Australia-2/page8

I think he wanted the bodies found in due time but Ciaras 50 metre trek down a decent through bush in an unlit dead of night area suggests deliberate placement.

Both bodies sit over longitunal lines which means a particular scale map was used with the longitudinal lines on the map.

He simply drew a line from one longitude where he could dump the body quickly on an unlit road heading home to a another longitudal line outside the peripheral street lighting of the city in a deliberate placement which lie either side the girls went missing.

Ciara was only there about 20 minutes?

The map is probably that of the Greater Perth region, possibly produced by UBD.

A map that might be used in an office where mobile people are sent out in the metro area for jobs to be done.

If the bodies were on longitudinals then there is nothing to say Sarah wasnt left on a longitudinal map line.

The 1995 rape occurred in Karrakatta cemetery which is indicitive the others could have been a similar scenario before being taken to the places of discovery.

The Post has reported police have forensic evidence linking Ciara Glennon's killer with a rapist who abducted a 17-year-old woman from a Claremont street then raped her in Karrakatta Cemetery in 1995.

https://www.watoday.com.au/national...vestigate-1995-rape-lead-20151016-gkaq8i.html

While the Woolcoot body appeared to be a simple dump on the way home albeit on the longitudal of paper hardcopy map, there were far easier places than Ciaras location even if intent was to spread the bodies around to avoid detection.

I feel he had ruled a line through the Claremont Hotel with a pen till he hit a longitudal of suitable location.

This suggests deliberate placement to let profilers know it was their same guy.
He wanted noteriety without detection.

So why trek 50 metres from the road down an embankment through bush off Pippidinny in an unlit non urbanised area?

Telstra workers said we could smell something but assumed it was a dead kangaroo.

I think the immediate Wellard area was under development in 1997?

So why trek 50 metres from the road down an embankment through bush off Pippidinny in an unlit non urbanised area?

Telstra workers said we could smell something but assumed it was a dead kangaroo.

I think the immediate Wellard area was under development in 1997?

I think at the time of the murders he was psychotic or on drugs. Even though he may have planned where to place the victims he obviously wanted them found easily since they weren’t buried. With regards to why he chose to put CG in a harder place to get to - maybe as long as he stuck to the line theory that was the most important thing to him. Someone in a psychotic or drugged state often have more strength and take chances of being caught. So may not have been difficult to carry a person through scrub in the dark, down a sloap to a place already familiar to him. MOO

I think at the time of the murders he was psychotic or on drugs. Even though he may have planned where to place the victims he obviously wanted them found easily since they weren’t buried. With regards to why he chose to put CG in a harder place to get to - maybe as long as he stuck to the line theory that was the most important thing to him. Someone in a psychotic or drugged state often have more strength and take chances of being caught. So may not have been difficult to carry a person through scrub in the dark, down a sloap to a place already familiar to him. MOO

In process divorce? Home alone? Medication for pain?

Dr. Ananth Pullela
Dr. Ananth Pullela, a forensic psychiatrist working for the health
department and justice ministry, said the killer was deliberately spacing
the bodies to avoid detection.

“We found one south of Perth, this time in the north; I’m
suggesting we should carefully be looking at bushland east of Perth,” Dr. Pullela told ABC radio.

“They (criminals) try to dispose of the bodies in different
directions mainly to avoid detection.

Dr. Pullela said the killer was trying to leave no clues to the
location where the murders occurred.

“I think he was trying to disguise the crime scene,” he said.

Dr. Pullela said the lack of care in disposing of the two bodies
so that they would not be found challenged the police profile of the killer.

Police have described the principal behind the three murders as a
controlled man who had carefully planned the abductions and murderers.

“If he’s so meticulous in disposing of the bodies, why hasn’t he
taken more precautions by disposing of the bodies in a much better way,” Dr. Pullela said.

“I’m actually targeting a disturbed psychological state. Is this
man disturbed at this point of time, not realising that by leaving the bodies metres away from a very busy road they could be detected?”

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ler-1996-1997-Perth-Western-Australia-2/page8

Not trying to steer thread off topic, but just wanted to show what these poor mental health professionals go through. Here's what happened to Dr Pullela a little bit later in his career. He has fully recovered, so I've read, and is living and consulting in NSW, but this is what psychotic people do sometimes!

QUOTE (BBM):

"Anthony McMahon (32), Raheen Square, Ballinacurra Weston, Limerick, was released from prison a year before he stabbed forensic psychiatrist Dr Ananth Pullela (57) at a Limerick day hospital. McMahon had been a patient of Dr Pullela’s in Limerick Prison, where he served part of a seven-year jail sentence for manslaughter, and later came under the doctor’s supervision at St Anne’s Psychiatric Day Hospital in Limerick after his release in late December, 2006. On January 17th, 2008, McMahon stabbed Dr Pullela eight times because he was frustrated with the nature of his treatment, Limerick Circuit Court heard."

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/psychiatric-patient-jailed-for-10-years-1.764595

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966