Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much WhyWhy for all that detailed information. Very useful.

Just a ‘laneway’ reply to Lampformypath: lots of laneways in old Claremont, as the dunnies were all originally on the collection circuit. However only a few lanes near (old)Continental and Rowe Pk, those there would be so close to houses that screams would be heard. Thus if not KK cemetery, or Government Rd, then old Coles New World carpark, or back of BC Body Club, or carpark near old Bunnings, or to tie all the parts together, the old Drive-in site or anywhere east or west of Showgrounds boundaries. IMO any other locations would be too populated and quiet for sound to carry. I lived Nedlands - near cemetery and Cott/Claremont and any noise/scream is and certainly was a case of turning the porch lights on and looking out. Those who live closer to nightspots clearly don’t, but back lanes are not all that unnoticed by residents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In earlier CSK threads I posted Street view shots of all the laneways in Claremont. The only one that isn't within earshot to housing, that a car or van could park in, I found was the Bernard St laneway. There's a couple of driveways to rear parking of businesses in that same block as well. I imagine at night that the area is dead quiet.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Video screenshot of the old Coles next to the bottle store near Conti. From memory there was a car ramp out of photo view (right) which headed up to the Coles Carpark.

I remember going back to the Coles car park late one night after CBV with my sister and brother-in-law (BIL) - anyhow it was very deserted, my BIL decided to go the toilet just near the car and two cops suddenly appeared, he very nearly got arrested.

Point I am making is that WAPOL were definitely surveilling the area and also the Coles Car park was VERY deserted at times. There were also stairways from the carpark coming out in different areas - pretty sure one of the stairways came out on St Quentin. Mind you it all was quite a long time ago now.

Has anyone got a photo or more detail of the old Coles carpark?

attachment.php

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGUH4prJcXc&t=11s

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 7.27.25 pm.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 7.27.25 pm.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 220
DDT - I have always thought there was a connection between OBH and Conti. Both SS and JR spent time there before going to the Conti. CG may have gone there sometimes although not on the night she went missing. Both SS and JR left their friends almost as if they were expecting to meet someone. I wonder if the CCT cameras from the OBH had the CSK there mingling with the crowd and perhaps making arrangements for later. MOO

Arrests in three or four states over a few days and the UK today. I've seen conflicting reports of how some of these people came to the attention of the police but one stated they were using peer to peer networks so the internet factors in. Seeing all the computers and devices being taken out of homes reminded me of when BRE was arrested.

The mind boggles at what may have been found in his metadata and how many leads or police operations may have come out of it? With one and a half million pages of 'leak proof' documents held by the prosecution (I imagine it's his internet history) there has to be something in there they want to use at trial.

Talking off Depraved. This family from New Zealand lived in WA once, and some of them returned to Northam, only to get arrested again.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14042679

...The mind boggles at what may have been found in his metadata and how many leads or police operations may have come out of it?.

Dare I say it will get much easier for authorities as tracking used for corporations' commercial gain is embedded into everything around us.
Consider an iphone or digital camera these days 'out of the box' will record GPS coordinates in image files. It only takes one picture to give authorities a pretty good place to start.

Dare I say it will get much easier for authorities as tracking used for corporations' commercial gain is embedded into everything around us.
Consider an iphone or digital camera these days 'out of the box' will record GPS coordinates in image files. It only takes one picture to give authorities a pretty good place to start.

Frightening really Applepie80 when you think of how much we are "watched", but in the case of the CSK and others of that ilk, Big Brother should be given free reign! Go get 'em!

In earlier CSK threads I posted Street view shots of all the laneways in Claremont. The only one that isn't within earshot to housing, that a car or van could park in, I found was the Bernard St laneway. There's a couple of driveways to rear parking of businesses in that same block as well. I imagine at night that the area is dead quiet.

What would those businesses be to the rear parking driveways? Back in the 90's

The only issue with this location is the ‘Cop Shop’ corner Bernard and Stirling(!!). But businesses in the 90s included the adjacent Beaurepairs, medical suite further up. Then the plethora of furniture shops some of which existed in the 90s, but all have houses at the back, ie houses on Bernard that back onto these commercial properties. But it is a dark and nearby lane. Claremont Park is likely more used at night than Rowe, but is super dark and large enough to avoid other people.

The only issue with this location is the ‘Cop Shop’ corner Bernard and Stirling(!!). But businesses in the 90s included the adjacent Beaurepairs, medical suite further up. Then the plethora of furniture shops some of which existed in the 90s, but all have houses at the back, ie houses on Bernard that back onto these commercial properties. But it is a dark and nearby lane. Claremont Park is likely more used at night than Rowe, but is super dark and large enough to avoid other people.
Businesses adjacent to the laneways are upon Stirling Highway with driveways running through to rear carparks.
The cop shop next to Bernard St laneway opened between 8am and 4pm Mon-Fri. Police vehicles enter via a driveway, on other side next to the Park. Wasn't there an attack in that park that went unnoticed reported in earlier threads? Anyway, the station was not manned at night. Night crews would come and go, mainly at shift change. However, it was reported at one time in earlier threads that police put a multanova camera out the front of it during macro to take pictures of all vehicles passing through Stirling Hwy. I also note in the other thread called Perth Missing, Murdered, & SK victims, that mention was made of Claremont CIB existed during the Pamela Lawrence investigation, as it was mentioned in the subsequent Royal Commission. I believe this CIB office might be the building with 282 superimposed upon it immediately behind the cop shop and before the child care centre on Bernard St.

7c11b20b47a57dda0a19885213b2833f.jpg

So quiet here - where did everybody go? :thinking:

Yes Mumma, everyone is MIA (Missing In Action)! Think there's a lot of "action" happening offline, SS (Secret Squirrel) or have they been beamed?:ufo:

Yes Mumma, everyone is MIA (Missing In Action)! Think there's a lot of "action" happening offline, SS (Secret Squirrel) or have they been beamed?:ufo:
Well, if there's any 'secret behind the scene action'....Im not privy to it! Probably more a case of 'all possible scenarios have been discussed over & over again. Until some confirmed new info comes up, think the discussion has become exhausted. Having said that....would love to be included in any behind the scenes discussion

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Off-topic posts have been removed.

This thread is about the CSK, CSK victims, and the accused. Please do not toss in miscellaneous and sundry cases that seem to have no bearing on the topic of this thread.

Please stay on topic in this thread.

Anyone have any idea where to access a timeline of events? Such as work history – vicinities worked,areas socialized?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95