Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The nearest house was over one km away. Even today there is thick bush as far as the eye can see, even though Marmion ave has come past and new subdivisions have been established. No riding school that I know of and wasn't the scream heard in Peachy Rd carpark just after SS went missing. There was a Telstra transformer about 50 m away that the workers most probably were working on. Don't think road was sealed in 1997.

IMO this location was the most remote and where she was placed was not near any tracks and very lucky she was found after only 14 days by allegedly someone checking some plants he was growing in the area

I am of the same opinion. The articles that I have read indicate that the body locations were planned for a quick drop off and not that easy to find. It may be that SS was in a similar location just off a main road, scrubby and difficult to find. I believe both JR and CG were found by chance.

To confirm, there was a scream heard from someone who stayed on the property where CG was found, I know this as fact. All people who lived on the property were interviewed by WAPOL when CG was found.

How horrible for that poor person who heard that scream, Spinnaker. That person would possibly think, what if I'd just gone out and checked what it was, I might have been able to stop it. I know that's a ridiculous thought, but I just watched a show on SBS about people who have been involved in accidental deaths (train driver who had 3 separate incidents of suicidal people killed whilst he was driving, poor man, father who reversed over his daughter in a garage, awful) and ALL of those people blamed themselves even though there was nothing they could do.

But it just goes to show the CSK wasn't that careful in where he placed CG (i.e. right away from any dwellings of any kind, in a national forest like the Birnie's did?)

I have recently driven down the Pipidinny Road and was actually surprised how short the road was between Wanneroo road and West Coast Highway - between 5 to 7 min drive.

Does anyone have the exact coords where CG was found? I believe CG was found near a horse riding farm, so CG must have been found very close to Wanneroo Road.

This is also supported by the attached article which mentions that the labourer who stumble across the CG runs directly to the nearby house of his boss - reinforcing that CG was found fairly close to houses (Source Devil's Garden).

Telstra workers are also working in area as previously discussed on WS.

One question which could be raised is why was CG left close to houses when there was open areas left to leave her? Also was there a reason CG was left close to Telstra workforce?

General Coords of area in bottom right corner.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hi again Spinnaker, I don't have the exact co-ordinates, still looking for them as I have seen them previously somewhere, but I did find this on another forum which I thought was very interesting, if it is absolutely correct?

QUOTE BBM:
The killer had to walk through thigh high Wild Thistle shrubs for a distance of 80 metres from where his car was parked. Why not just dump her next to the road like Jane Rimmer? Because the locations would not match up. Jane Rimmer was dumped at compass point 167 degrees. Ciara was dumped at compass point 347 degrees. See the connection? They were exactly 180 degrees to each other. Allowing for earth curvature the distance between them was 80 kilometres. So who ever killed them was not a tourist. These positions were calculated by a very smart person with a good knowledge of Perth.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/claremont-serial-killings-continued-in-bre-charged-thread-see-op.985161/page-6

And this later comment by the same poster:
QUOTE:
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]I got some good software today that allows me to do far more accurate pathing and mapping for the locations of bodies found so far. The distance between the bodies is definitely 78.8 kms so 80 would still be relevant allowing for earth curvature. The compass point however is now 169 degrees for Jane and 349 degrees for Ciara. So they are still 180 degrees to each other ( a straight line) and the line still runs through Bay View Tce.
[/FONT]
"

I think the accused would have used map co-ordinates all the time for his work and would have no doubt been very familiar with most of the metro area, north/south/east/west?

[/FONT]

Hi again Spinnaker, I don't have the exact co-ordinates, still looking for them as I have seen them previously somewhere, but I did find this on another forum which I thought was very interesting, if it is absolutely correct?

QUOTE BBM:
The killer had to walk through thigh high Wild Thistle shrubs for a distance of 80 metres from where his car was parked. Why not just dump her next to the road like Jane Rimmer? Because the locations would not match up. Jane Rimmer was dumped at compass point 167 degrees. Ciara was dumped at compass point 347 degrees. See the connection? They were exactly 180 degrees to each other. Allowing for earth curvature the distance between them was 80 kilometres. So who ever killed them was not a tourist. These positions were calculated by a very smart person with a good knowledge of Perth.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/claremont-serial-killings-continued-in-bre-charged-thread-see-op.985161/page-6

And this later comment by the same poster:
QUOTE:
[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]I got some good software today that allows me to do far more accurate pathing and mapping for the locations of bodies found so far. The distance between the bodies is definitely 78.8 kms so 80 would still be relevant allowing for earth curvature. The compass point however is now 169 degrees for Jane and 349 degrees for Ciara. So they are still 180 degrees to each other ( a straight line) and the line still runs through Bay View Tce.
[/FONT]
"

I think the accused would have used map co-ordinates all the time for his work and would have no doubt been very familiar with most of the metro area, north/south/east/west?

[/FONT]

Those quotes are from the Gary Hughes archived blog which PD posted. A couple on this site have had similar theories. The people that have posted the numerology theories on various sites are yet to find SS. It is easy to make numbers fit into a theory. It is harder to make numbers get a result.

Do serial killers usually work out where they are going to place a dead body by degree coordinates or do they just choose somewhere they know is secluded – having checked-out the location beforehand.

I’d think they'd be feeling mighty nervous – wanting to rid the body ASAP.

My thoughts are, if a serial killer places a body in a southerly direction, then places the next one north, any other bodies, prior to those two would be, a similar distance, within the opposite directions which are either east, NE or SE – taking into account he would definitely have bypassed the city and driven along the secluded back streets. Just my thoughts and opinions.

Are people’s thoughts the CSK might have been playing some sort of a game?

Do serial killers usually work out where they are going to place a dead body by degree coordinates or do they just choose somewhere they know is secluded – having checked-out the location beforehand.

My thoughts are, if a serial killer places a body in a southerly direction, then places the next one north, any other bodies, prior to those two would be, a similar distance, within the opposite directions which are either east, NE or SE – taking into account he would definitely have bypassed the city and driven along the secluded back streets. Just my thoughts and opinions.

No I don't think so. Imo it was more to do with the time of the murder, night hours available & enough hours to travel to dump site, clean up before going to work the next day. Also a conscious decision to move in opposite directions each time. So the theory that poor SS is somewhere east is a possibility

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just how safe was Claremont at night?
http://web.archive.org/web/19980114...com.au/current_issue/news/97_12_06/bashed.htm
Extract>
The man said he was on his way home after a night out with friends.

He walked along Bay View Terrace with a friend at about 3am.

He said they separated when he decided to walk through the back lane by the liquor store to buy something to eat from Fresh Provisions.

"I had had a couple of drinks but I was not drunk," he said.

"I saw something out of the corner of my eye and went to turn but was hit on the back of the head.

"I did not see who it was or how many there were, it is all a bit of a daze."

The man said when he woke up he still had his wallet but $40 had been taken from it.

The Post Newspaper 6/12/1997 “Student bashed and robbed in Claremont”

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Snipped or brevity.
attachment.php

attachment.php
Telstra Crews had been working in Pipidinny Rd, several days before CGs body was discovered - the odour thought to be a decomposing kangaroo.

Perhaps the crews were installing the transformer mentioned in Innerchild’s post – extending the cable from Wanneroo Rd (east to west). For several weeks there was probably machinery within Pipidinny Rd – like excavators/digging equipment – remaining there overnights.

Telstra would have distributed reading material on any new works taking place. The accused would have been on all the necessary distribution lists – but might not have necessarily read that particular information – due to annual or long-service leave.

My thoughts are he wasn’t aware the works were taking place and was taken by surprise –possibly drove along Pipidinny and past the Telstra machinery – imagine that, perhaps that’s why the killings ceased – a little too close for comfort.

Just my thoughts and opinions.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-31.5864446,115.6930095

I agree about the nervousness Jackman, wanting to get rid of the body and get out ASAP, but, if the accused IS the CSK, he was definitely into games, big time! His interests on his Facebook page show he was a real gamer, and into goth etc. Life imitating "art" perhaps, the art of gaming? Who knows?

From BRE's Facebook page of BRE's interests:

Goth World, Gamingvid Hero, The Gamers Thread, GameByte, Crazy Gamer, PC Master Race.

Interesting about Pechey Rd, but also the carpark is close to houses to the west. It’s the location of my favourite run and the carpark was pretty ‘antisocial’ about 15years ago all broken glass from car windows, now it’s neat and seems safer. It’s also highly populated park, albeit Bush (JFNP) but it has people running, walking, riding and orienteering all over it. Would be a well hidden body if there, I think.
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree about the nervousness Jackman, wanting to get rid of the body and get out ASAP, but, if the accused IS the CSK, he was definitely into games, big time! His interests on his Facebook page show he was a real gamer, and into goth etc. Life imitating "art" perhaps, the art of gaming? Who knows?

Goth World, Gamingvid Hero, The Gamers Thread, GameByte, Crazy Gamer, PC Master Race.
Throughout 1996 to 1997 there were loads of video games available. Perhaps there’s a video gamer website which could provide answers to the specific types of perhaps violent games available – back then. Are there any forum members who consider themselves an expert on this subject?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:1996_video_games

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_in_video_gaming

The exact 180 degrees between the dump sites can’t be a coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The exact 180 degrees between the dump sites can’t be a coincidence
Nope, definitely not a coincidence. A straight line between any 2 points will always be 180°.
The fact the line between the 2 d-sites passes through Claremont is a little harder to believe was a coincidence (which is Im sure what you you meant Kambo).
Do you think compass bearings or angles actually have anything to do with it though, or is it just about "the line" the person responsible found significant?
If so, it narrows down the possibilities of where SS may be considerably.

I believe it is all coincidental. I think SS is somewhere near where JR was found and CG would have been taken south except for the coincidence of the children wanting to stop the car to chase chickens and the mother deciding to pick the lilies and finding JR. So he took CG north as it was the polar opposite. The young bloke going to check on his "crop" and finding CG was another coincidence. The alleged CSK was well versed in the area and roads south of Perth and Madora/Mandurah, going north added more risk with the extra travelling time. If he or they were in the taxi that was allegedly seen turning onto Wannaroo Rd that may have jolted him into stopping the killing spree.

To confirm, there was a scream heard from someone who stayed on the property where CG was found, I know this as fact. All people who lived on the property were interviewed by WAPOL when CG was found.

Spinny, can you confirm if the scream was heard on the night she disappeared or what night it was heard on?

My position for where CG's body was discovered is fairly accurate I think. It's not on the edge of a farm or houses, but about 1.00 km away.

The bush was dense and isolated enough for someone to hide a personal crop of plants in and not visible at all from the road.

attachment.php

Source: Google maps satellite view

Attachments

• CG distance to houses.jpg
    CG distance to houses.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 190
Seemingly CGs body was placed fairly close to the road - close enough for Telstra workers to detect an odour. Most infrastructure is laid alongside the roads – except large electrical pylons. Perhaps Telstra was installing wireless technology for mobile phone use.

In the GSK USA recent arrest - It was a GED Match to DNA, an open source genealogy-DNA match web site. No warrants needed.

Perhaps this is what WAPOL did with the CSK DNA - if they didn't I suggest they start with all the other cold cases with DNA on GED Match.

USA cops entered the DNA into a database like they were just anyone else entering DNA (under a fake name) in and got a distant hit. They worked it till they found the person who fit their profile and age range. Then, when they had it narrowed down, they picked up GSK discarded DNA and compared it - for a match.

2 days into GSK arrest - he's been into court (albeit in a wheelchair) and cops have explained how his arrest came to be - unlike our CSK where it's 15-16months down the track. Gosh we move slowly here.

:tantrum:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/27/us/golden-state-killer-case-joseph-deangelo.html

I believe it is all coincidental. I think SS is somewhere near where JR was found and CG would have been taken south except for the coincidence of the children wanting to stop the car to chase chickens and the mother deciding to pick the lilies and finding JR. So he took CG north as it was the polar opposite. The young bloke going to check on his "crop" and finding CG was another coincidence. The alleged CSK was well versed in the area and roads south of Perth and Madora/Mandurah, going north added more risk with the extra travelling time. If he or they were in the taxi that was allegedly seen turning onto Wannaroo Rd that may have jolted him into stopping the killing spree.
I tend to agree that the most logical explanation is the most plausible. However, placing the victims upon a line of reference is a sure way of keeping track of the location in the event they either werent found, or the area changed significantly to make locating them again difficult. Then again, in order to do that and have any such line be so precise as to pass through the point of abduction, Id suggest more than a ruler on a map would be required anyway so a compass bearing would be most likely if only to ensure the line is accurate. I suppose until such time that SS is located or an admission of the methods used by the person responsible is put forth, its a mute point unable to concluded anyway. We may never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste