Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my case they informed me by phone when I rang up to check if my DNA sample had cleared me. I can't remember signing anything except maybe the consent to take a dna sample. I was happy to give blood, hair or whatever they needed to clear my name. I didn't receive a letter or anything official to say I was a POI or that I'd been cleared. I wonder if they checked all of us (the 50 or so) out for other unsolved crimes too once they had our dna ? I think not owning a vehicle at the time put me quite low on their list

If it helps Mordekai, the residents of Wellard were all asked to provide DNA samples too. D's even travelled to other states in order to get DNA samples from previous residents that had since moved elsewhere around the nation.

ya see. the yahoo article gives detail what they are able to obtain through DNA. But what if the killer was wearing a wig with human hair. what if the only dna they have is from the human hair from the wig

The dna sample from hair is taken from the root, hair used in wigs do not have the root attached.

So we know serial killers simply do not stop killing, if he was in jail for another crime then there would be a dna sample to match the sample police have, if he had been arrested but not convicted of a serious crime then there would also be a match in the system, so either a) the CSK is dead or b) he is still operational either in WA, other states or overseas. either way he has never been convicted or arrested for a sexual crime/murder/man slaughter which means this guy is good, real good.

I've spent countless hours on the missing persons database and crime stoppers sites for each state trying to link unsolved murders/missing persons into categories of possible serial killer victims.

Adelaide had a group of murdered/missing females around 1997/1998 and Queensland 1998/1999 then WA again in 2000/2001 however most cases don't list the method of murder and as for missing persons well not even police would know until a body was found so this makes any link between crimes pure speculation on my part. But I did note a few victims among them that had a very similar appearance to the CSK victims, and the CSK moving around would explain why he was able to continue killing without being caught.

The problem with this also is the police are often very reluctant to say 'we have a serial killer on our hands' I'm surprised even the WA police come forward stating so after only a couple of murders and no dna evidence to link them at the time. I wonder if they would have had a better chance at capturing the killer if they didn't make this public knowledge and spook him?

ya see. the yahoo article gives detail what they are able to obtain through DNA. But what if the killer was wearing a wig with human hair. what if the only dna they have is from the human hair from the wig

george-costanza-toupee.jpg

It doesn't matter if they were wearing a wig or not

"Is their DNA in a human hair weave?"
https://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100721233725AADYvkd

"Hair is made from dead, keratinized cells (no nucleuses and no nuclear DNA).
It MIGHT be possible to extract enough mitochondrial DNA (the DNA passed down from Mom found in the mitochondria). You would not be able to get any nuclear DNA (the DNA found in the nucleuses of LIVING cells), the DNA inherited from both parents and makes us all unique (with the exception of identical twins). Nuclear DNA is the DNA used to generate the unique fingerprints that you hear about all the time on the news and tv shows and is the DNA used to generate suspects with DNA searches. That type of DNA is only found on hairs with the living roots still attached. Weave hairs are cut and don't have roots attached.
Mitochondrial can only be performed if the police have a suspect already. The donor of the weave would have to be developed as a suspect independently (the odd of which are astronomical). If by some chance a person does cut off their locks to produce a weave, the weave is purchased by some stranger that uses it when they rob a bank, witnesses describe a suspect that happens to lead investigators to our innocent hair donor (who would have to be the most kharmically screwed individual in existence for that to happen) could then use that they donate hair for weaves in there defense. Even if their defense attorney were not bright enough to argue it, one mitochondrial DNA match, standing alone, is not enough to convict someone of a crime. "

You're sounding more and more like Bart every day.

What I was indicating is that Postnewspaper's may have gotten the bull by the balls and did not check their details accurately -- perhaps the different fabric is not related to a Holden by Toyota manufactured by holden to the same specs as VS Commodore Series 1. Funny that the Toyota Lexcen / Holden partnership ended after the VS Commodore. And funny that the forensic photo in the Sunday Night show shows a Toyoto logo on the wheel hubs.

The Post stated 'Holden commodore' not 'Toyota Lexcen'.

If it was a Toyota Lexcen that would narrow the search down even further. The Post was proud of the fact that their information had provided new leads to detectives. Do you think they'd be happy if detectives were suddenly inundated with calls from everyone who had ever leant their Commodore out to someone who wore a toupee if they were in fact searching for a Toyota Lexcen?

If you're going to assume that nearly everything ever written about this case is incorrect then there isn't much point discussing it right?

So we know serial killers simply do not stop killing, if he was in jail for another crime then there would be a dna sample to match the sample police have, if he had been arrested but not convicted of a serious crime then there would also be a match in the system, so either a) the CSK is dead or b) he is still operational either in WA, other states or overseas. either way he has never been convicted or arrested for a sexual crime/murder/man slaughter which means this guy is good, real good.

http://www.sheprofilers.com/myths.html

A quote from.

The 10 Biggest Myths About Serial Killers

7) Serial killers will never stop killing unless he is caught or dies.

Most serial killers stop killing at a certain age. They simply run out of the steam and ability to commit crimes. If they are never caught, they will take their secret to their graves after dying of old age.

Edit.
Added following.

Also an interesting read here.
https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder#disablemobile

I read that the definition of a serial killer is 3 or more successive murders.
I seem to recall macro calling serial killer after the second victim.
Did the police have a heads up from the csk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are many definitions of a serial killer, I believe the FBI's definition is now at two.

Also, your inbox is full.

Sorry to bring up the Telstra thing again.........

Does anyone know if there are telephone exchanges near to the drop zones?

I don't think the Telstra thing has been overly discussed. But I don't know the answer to your question.

In January of 2015, there was talk about an imminent arrest. I think it was reported by a few news stations, but then quickly retracted.

Does anyone have more knowledge about that? Was is just a false rumor? Or was there anything of substance behind it?

Re DNA

I assume a partial DNA profile could be enough to rule some people out?

But to rule a match between Karra and CSK would mean they have to have a complete or almost complete profile?

A DNA profile was allegedly discovered in 2008. 7 years is a long time.

There is technology available to reconstruct a face from a DNA profile. Given the high profil of this case you'd think getting this done was a given.

So why haven't they done it? Are my initial assumptions/questions in this post incorrect?

Or do they have enough DNA to rule 6 guys out, Karra in, but not enough to do a facial reco?

Or have they done it and know who CSK is but don't have the smoking gun?

Or is this whole thing a play?

Can anyone elaborate and clarify my DNA musings? I'm unsure exactly how it works.

I don't think the Telstra thing has been overly discussed. But I don't know the answer to your question.

In January of 2015, there was talk about an imminent arrest. I think it was reported by a few news stations, but then quickly retracted.

Does anyone have more knowledge about that? Was is just a false rumor? Or was there anything of substance behind it?

It was reported that familial DNA would lead to an arrest

Re DNA

I assume a partial DNA profile could be enough to rule some people out?

But to rule a match between Karra and CSK would mean they have to have a complete or almost complete profile?

A DNA profile was allegedly discovered in 2008. 7 years is a long time.

There is technology available to reconstruct a face from a DNA profile. Given the high profil of this case you'd think getting this done was a given.

So why haven't they done it? Are my initial assumptions/questions in this post incorrect?

Or do they have enough DNA to rule 6 guys out, Karra in, but not enough to do a facial reco?

Or have they done it and know who CSK is but don't have the smoking gun?

Or is this whole thing a play?

Can anyone elaborate and clarify my DNA musings? I'm unsure exactly how it works.
They may have, just not released the identikit incase it is inaccurate and misleads the public in identifying the suspect? I would imagine this 'new' technology isnt always accurate, maybe there are better models being designed and they are waiting to cross reference the results

The familial DNA discussion was in March. In January, some news agencies reported an arrest was imminent, and then deleted online articles.

I am asking if anyone remembers the original reports or the accompanying photos.

I've spent countless hours on the missing persons database and crime stoppers sites for each state trying to link unsolved murders/missing persons into categories of possible serial killer victims.

Adelaide had a group of murdered/missing females around 1997/1998 and Queensland 1998/1999 then WA again in 2000/2001 however most cases don't list the method of murder and as for missing persons well not even police would know until a body was found so this makes any link between crimes pure speculation on my part. But I did note a few victims among them that had a very similar appearance to the CSK victims, and the CSK moving around would explain why he was able to continue killing without being caught.

The problem with this also is the police are often very reluctant to say 'we have a serial killer on our hands' I'm surprised even the WA police come forward stating so after only a couple of murders and no dna evidence to link them at the time. I wonder if they would have had a better chance at capturing the killer if they didn't make this public knowledge and spook him?
There was an article posted in this very thread, in thread #3 talking about the squandered opportunities and the breach of procedural policy that happened regularly when obtaining DNA, there was an extrodanary amount of times the Police did not bother to gather DNA when they were lawfully entitled to do so. So after knowing that it would be quite probable the CSK was pulled in for another crime and didnt provide a sample because he was not asked too give one.

The familial DNA discussion was in March. In January, some news agencies reported an arrest was imminent, and then deleted online articles.

I am asking if anyone remembers the original reports or the accompanying photos.

If that were the case then the articles came online around a similar time to the Noel Coward and the Taxi on Wanneroo road articles, if that is the case then its either a coincidence, or maybe Noel Cowards ramblings were finally investigated, and they were looking into his outrageous story. That would mean that if Tony Taxi is overseas then getting his DNA would be problematic, however familial DNA? was Tony Taxi's family still living in Australia?

I have to take your word the articles existed though, because I remember reading a fair bit about the CSK around that very time frame and the only reference I got to an arrest was from the Familial DNA articles that suggested an arrested was likely at the end of the year.

There was a different article that said "imminent arrest". BC again I think. And then the media swarmed on the police for more info and the whole thing was hosed down and nothing happened. My guess is they were monitoring a POI for a few days before and after that was released to see if he'd do anything.

I had a stack load of info & it auto saved the previous one & the main one did not appear. I had a stack load of good stuff including my convo with Grant Taylor who posted the West Articles this week. Websleuths log us all out way too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper