Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we know serial killers simply do not stop killing, if he was in jail for another crime then there would be a dna sample to match the sample police have, if he had been arrested but not convicted of a serious crime then there would also be a match in the system, so either a) the CSK is dead or b) he is still operational either in WA, other states or overseas. either way he has never been convicted or arrested for a sexual crime/murder/man slaughter which means this guy is good, real good.

I've spent countless hours on the missing persons database and crime stoppers sites for each state trying to link unsolved murders/missing persons into categories of possible serial killer victims.

Adelaide had a group of murdered/missing females around 1997/1998 and Queensland 1998/1999 then WA again in 2000/2001 however most cases don't list the method of murder and as for missing persons well not even police would know until a body was found so this makes any link between crimes pure speculation on my part. But I did note a few victims among them that had a very similar appearance to the CSK victims, and the CSK moving around would explain why he was able to continue killing without being caught.

The problem with this also is the police are often very reluctant to say 'we have a serial killer on our hands' I'm surprised even the WA police come forward stating so after only a couple of murders and no dna evidence to link them at the time. I wonder if they would have had a better chance at capturing the killer if they didn't make this public knowledge and spook him?
Serial killers can stop killing, this has been proven many times in various cases. The problem with this train of thought is you narrow the focus. It is quite likely you will have serial killers that have different MO's, ways of killing, ways of disposing, and also have them stopping intermittently, whilst they evolve there evil ways.

WA alone has multiple cases of this as an example. Eric Edgar Cooke, and Richard Dorrough, Morey is suspected to have had different MO's for each of his victims, he had easy targets, and also suspected of the Sarah McMahon, and Lisa Brown dissapearences..

Start thinking outside the box with WA serial killers. In the USA there have been Police serial rapist and serial killers, you have guys like the Night Stalker, and the Original, who did anything and everything to there victims.. Its a crazy world in the mind of a serial killer

I understand this, so I copy & paste, and when logged in again & it saves the auto saved bit, sss.

They may have, just not released the identikit incase it is inaccurate and misleads the public in identifying the suspect? I would imagine this 'new' technology isnt always accurate, maybe there are better models being designed and they are waiting to cross reference the results
Easy to release;

"Man wanted for robbing milk bar in Kenwick. Here's what he looks like. If you recognise him, call us."

or

"Man disappeared. No known photos but here's what he looks like".

There's ways around it and ways of tracking the person down without linking it to the CSK case or perhaps even going public.

Easy to release;

"Man wanted for robbing milk bar in Kenwick. Here's what he looks like. If you recognise him, call us."

or

"Man disappeared. No known photos but here's what he looks like".

There's ways around it and ways of tracking the person down without linking it to the CSK case or perhaps even going public.

There would be no way of knowing if they have or havent done what you said. Unless you can tell the difference between a DNA identikit and one of the many identikits from peoples sighting the perps

I would imagine having flushed 20 million+ dollars down the toilet they would have nothing to lose with a DNA identikit. We must assume given the secrecy that they have, but ofcourse like the MysteryMan cockup they are probably going to release it in 15 years time

So with 6 suspects ruled out that leaves no official POI's left, and a couple of unconfirmed POI's:
The Martial Arts Expert who some assume is Judoman 2008
The Sexual predator with the Gun under the seat 2008
Highgate man with the plastic lined boot 2015

What is unclear is whether the sexual predator and highgate man are the same person

Dennis Rader stopped killing for years. I'm sure he found other outlets for his urges (including cross dressing from what I can gather) but not all serial killers are alike. It's tempting to watch Dexter or Hannibal and think all serial killers must be handsome, charismatic predators like Ted Bundy or are somehow enjoying a game of cat and mouse with detectives but the reality might be much different. It wouldn't have taken a criminal mastermind to outsmart macro in the early days . All that tunnel vision on LW and the killer was probably right under their noses or slipped away overseas and went on with his life. I don't think it's his super intelligence or his methodical planning that let him get away with it so much as the terrible job WAPOL did at the outset.

Dennis Rader stopped killing for years. I'm sure he found other outlets for his urges (including cross dressing from what I can gather) but not all serial killers are alike. It's tempting to watch Dexter or Hannibal and think all serial killers must be handsome, charismatic predators like Ted Bundy or are somehow enjoying a game of cat and mouse with detectives but the reality might be much different. It wouldn't have taken a criminal mastermind to outsmart macro in the early days . All that tunnel vision on LW and the killer was probably right under their noses or slipped away overseas and went on with his life. I don't think it's his super intelligence or his methodical planning that let him get away with it so much as the terrible job WAPOL did at the outset.

Dennis radar never stopped killing, he just had a long cooling off period, he had killed again before he was arrested and was in the throws of stalking another victim when finally caught.

I know not every single serial killer will try and kill till caught and getting too old to kill or no longer being able to kill because of disability or impairment and stopping for that reason is just logic. but a huge huge majority of serial killers if physically able will kill unless caught, most will never simply stop on their own, it would be like us giving up sex for the rest of our lives..... not gonna happen, this is how they get off.

Bart, I know you are sceptical of DNA but if they only had a partial profile it would have been very hard/unlikely they would find a match in a database with limited markers. As the article mentioned, Police had a Eureka moment when they ran the unlikely partial against Karrakatta's full DNA and voilla they had the CSK full DNA profile because the markers from such a small partial profile just so happened to align perfectly.

It was mentioned this very way in the articles.

You cant run a partial in a database, you would take an eternity and achieve nothing, but selectively picking cases is a great way to narrow the time consuming excercise down.

...As the article mentioned, Police had a Eureka moment when they ran the unlikely partial against Karrakatta's full DNA and voilla they had the CSK full DNA profile because the markers from such a small partial profile just so happened to align perfectly.

It was mentioned this very way in the articles...

RSBM. Can you link the article(s) to which you are referring?

Can anyone confirm, once and for all, whether Donald Morey was in Claremont in the mid 1990s? He is a frightening and dangerous man, from what I've read.

DM didn`t have the class for Claremont. he stuck to Highgate & there were several missing from Highgate.

Can anyone confirm, once and for all, whether Donald Morey was in Claremont in the mid 1990s? He is a frightening and dangerous man, from what I've read.

He could very well be the man. Papertrail also posted some really good info that gave the guy a screen printing connection through his girlfriend. He is most like highgate man who is Bayens man. Morey is set for release soon so if he is the CSK the Police will be getting ready to charge him so he can do another long term without serving any concurrent sentence.

He could very well be the man. Papertrail also posted some really good info that gave the guy a screen printing connection through his girlfriend. He is most like highgate man who is Bayens man. Morey is set for release soon so if he is the CSK the Police will be getting ready to charge him so he can do another long term without serving any concurrent sentence.

But I've read some unconfirmed reports he was not in Perth in the mid 1990s. I've read other reports saying he was incarcerated. Does anyone know for sure? If he was in Perth when the three women were killed, he would be close to my main suspect. Unless the police have DNA - then he wouldn't be.

Well it is quite likely he did one or two there.

Because you claim that you were connected to both of the Sarah McMahon and CSK cases that the insight you got has enabled you to determine that Morey is not the man. The case you and he claim to be both be connected to (you innocently ofcourse you claim) the Morey and McMahon case which is actually outside of the highgate MO which was inline with his 'other victims' is itself slighly more damning that he may just change up his MO and not kill the same way. SARAH MCMAHON and the highgate girls were murdered alot diffetently and he took time to hide sarah in a good spot where she is yet to be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member