Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest news of a proposed "no body, no parole" legislation in Western Australia piqued my interest with regards to the CSK case: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/national/wa/2016/02/14/-no-body--no-parole--laws-wanted-in-wa.html.

Then one search led to another, as it does, and I found myself reading about Lalita Horsman's murder (she was bound and suffocated) in Geraldton in 1999. Has anyone done research into this case? Robin David Macartney was convicted of her rape and murder, but there has been some contention as to the reliability of the DNA evidence. One article here: https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/18165461/greenough-killer-seeks-appeal/

In addition to the timing, this case caught my attention due to the physical similarities between this victim and the Claremont victims. WA evidently had some serious predators on the loose around that time (and incidentally, I also wonder if there was any copycat effect at play).

Margaret Dodd is such a wonderful woman -- so courageous in her fight for justice for her daughter Hayley !

I don't know about Macartney -- have a read of the evidence collected and it was not all about DNA http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/s...9.html?stem=0&synonyms=0&query=lalita horsman

Re: Papertrail Post article.

There was a skinny guy with shoulder length dark hair outside leaning on the post talking to a couple of dudes in the MM video.

If this is true, Sarah seemed to be very socially active and was comfortable with different men in what we now would consider to be incredibly risky situations.

To illustrate, I had a quite beautiful 19yo perfect blonde flat mate who was picked up by an older married guy on the South Perth foreshore in 1985, and who went to a motel in Bentley with him for sex. I asked her at the time why she would do such a thing. She said 'he seemed nice'. She wasn't on the pill, didn't use a condom, caught a disease, and he even said he had lost his wallet and tried to make her pay for the room. The only reason that she didn't pay was because she had no money on her. She was a uni student at Curtin and one of the best looking girls I have ever known. Perfect. Did these girls have no idea what was lurking out there?

Your 'skinny guy' -- is that the guy leaning on the pole just south of the Conti exit ? If it is -- I don't consider he could be described as 'skinny' in any sense of the word. He was also wearing quite baggy jeans and I wouldn't describe his hair as 'dark' either. Keep in mind that police did issue a 'warning' to viewers that was detailed in press reports that due to the manipulation of the footage to obtain 'clarity', colours and physical sizes may appear altered. A good example of that is how the long-sleeved shirt / top Jane was wearing, in the footage it appears to be light in colour - - when in fact it was dark (navy-type) blue.

How do you know that Sarah was "comfortable with different men in what we now would consider to be incredibly risky situations" ? I've never read anything anywhere about Sarah having relationships with different men.

Sarah "seemed to be socially active" We have only been told about her attendance at the Australia Day fireworks show (with friends), at the OBH afterwards (with friends), at Club Bayview (with friends) -- this shows me that Sarah was socially active with her friends and from recent information released (for the 1st time) that gave detail of the night of Sarah's disappearance the 'friends' she socialized with with females. Sarah was just 18 years old when she disappeared - just able to socialize in licensed premises and obviously enjoying being able to do that.

Many girls and boys behaved in incredibly risky ways back in the 90s.

How do you know that Sarah was "comfortable with different men in what we now would consider to be incredibly risky situations" ? I've never read anything anywhere about Sarah having relationships with different men.

Sarah "seemed to be socially active" We have only been told about her attendance at the Australia Day fireworks show (with friends), at the OBH afterwards (with friends), at Club Bayview (with friends) -- this shows me that Sarah was socially active with her friends and from recent information released (for the 1st time) that gave detail of the night of Sarah's disappearance the 'friends' she socialized with with females. Sarah was just 18 years old when she disappeared - just able to socialize in licensed premises and obviously enjoying being able to do that.

Many girls and boys behaved in incredibly risky ways back in the 90s.[/QUOTE]

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=89122&d=1455506236

In the article that you posted it was said that she apparently met a random man in a taxi and went with him, and then was seen going into an apartment building by another man that morning. That would suggest to me that she had little fear of men. I didn't suggest that she was in a formal relationship with him. More casual, perhaps.

-If the men quoted in your article were reliable in their identification of her that is.

Here we go again. Where is the evidence re your comment "Did JM have a screen printing link? Spouse is a fashion designer and pattern maker -- Did she do any screen printing?

I don't know how many times I must say this -- I am waiting to receive verification information before I post my LW dotpoint.... simple as that.

Also, back in 2011 the news articles were reporting (re police contact with Lee Partridge) that she was asked if a screen printing component had gone missing. What would that component be ? The mesh screen that is used, the squeegee that is used to push ink through the mesh screen ? What ? Could washing line rope / cord be considered 'a component' -- I don't think so. There must have been something or part of something that could be described as a 'component' left at one of the scenes. A component is described as being 'a part of an element or a larger whole, especially a part of a machine or vehicle'.

http://www.news.com.au/national/fresh-clue-in-claremont-serial-killer-case/story-e6frfkp9-1226056298037

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_printing

I just googled 'screen printing component' and low and behold -- quite a few articles have come up that show that electronic circuit boards are put through a process that is described as "screen printed" !

Perhaps the 'component' the WA police are trying to locate the link to is not about screen printing as the general population would think, but about a process that is used in manufacture of electronic equipment !

Check it out yourself by doing the same google search that I did.

There is NO identikit of Eravelly -- images are actual photographs. Great point about the identikit on WA police pinboard in background - I'd forgotten that I had picked that up previously. Was that the CIA doco or the Ferguson / Bayens doco of last year ?

There are similarities.

You are correct. There is no identikit of Eravelly just a photo and also the identikit from the sunday night channel 7 documentary. It was not from the CIA documentary.

Considering you only see the top half of the face in the channel 7 identikit it is scary how similar Eravellys photo and the channel 7 identikit from the sunday night documentary is when compared

Here we go again. Where is the evidence re your comment "Did JM have a screen printing link? Spouse is a fashion designer and pattern maker -- Did she do any screen printing?

Google it.. she has 2 accounts on blogspot.com.au both linked to one of her two facebook accounts

about me info
GenderFemale
IndustryFashion
Occupationfreelance pattern maker and toil sewer stylest and designer
Introductionfreelance fasion designer and pattern maker and toile sewer

thought I'd repost the identikit so people can make their own comparisons vs Eravelly's (alleged Scarborough rapist March 1996) photo.

Been thinking about the JR forensic find re vehicle upholstery. Could the vehicle be from the Holden Commodore HSV series - which were also available in the VS Series 1 models ? There is a guy named Brian Eravelly who is a racing car driver and owned a race promotion business. If Alfred Eravelly is a POI in other crimes such as Claremont, could he have preferred to drive a HSV VS Series 1 and not just the run of the mill VS Series 1 ? Could the HSV VS Series 1 have had different seating upholstery - I reckon it could have.

"The VS series of 1995 introduced mild styling tweaks and a new three-spoke alloy wheel design. A value-oriented Manta was established as the base HSV model to broaden appeal."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Special_Vehicles#VR.2FVS

Attachments

• identkit ex ferguson  bayens 2015 ch 7 doco.JPG
    identkit ex ferguson bayens 2015 ch 7 doco.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Alfred Gerard Eravelly charged with scarborough rape 9 mar 1996.PNG
    Alfred Gerard Eravelly charged with scarborough rape 9 mar 1996.PNG
    365.3 KB · Views: 25
Google it.. she has 2 accounts on blogspot.com.au both linked to one of her two facebook accounts

about me info
GenderFemale
IndustryFashion
Occupationfreelance pattern maker and toil sewer stylest and designer
Introductionfreelance fasion designer and pattern maker and toile sewer

Name please ?

look it up yourself.

You should try your best not to be so helpful in the future

there is NO website with the url blogspot.com.au. Care to provide the link because if you don't or refuse to it may make you appear foolhardy and insincere.

Do I think SD did it? No idea, but there is enough evidence to suggest it would be absolute madness to rule him out at this stage.
AGREED. Unless ruled out by DNA- which we do not know.

This is the best possible link to screen printing that has been presented for any 'poi' discussed on WS too!
I don't see anyone presenting possible screen printing connections for any other 'poi' so by the same logic papertrail applied to JM, we should not discuss any suspect unless they have a possible connection

If you consider your screen printing connection is via the spouse then prove the spouse was in Australia in 1996. Just because a person may be connected to fashion designer, DOES NOT MAKE THEM CONNECTED TO SCREEN PRINTING

agreed. Unless ruled out by dna- which we do not know.

This is the best possible link to screen printing that has been presented for any 'poi' discussed on ws too!
I don't see anyone presenting possible screen printing connections for any other 'poi' so by the same logic papertrail applied to jm, we should not discuss any suspect unless they have a possible connection

and we do not know that map - that is the man that appeared on the cia doc talking about jane - was ever a poi.

Here we go again. Where is the evidence re your comment "Did JM have a screen printing link?...

Snipped.

What does Here we go again mean? No, there is no evidence that JM has a screen printing "link". It is posed as a question. There is no evidence of most things we discuss on the thread.

I had no interest in JM for a long time bc I didn't think he was involved. I certainly didn't care if others discussed him. But I became reinterested in JM as a possible suspect when I felt you were shutting down every conversation that pointed to him.

All MOO, of course.

and we do not know that map - that is the man that appeared on the cia doc talking about jane - was ever a poi.

I am glad to be back. IMO:

Martial arts practitioner - yes
Well-educated - yes
Wealthy family- yes
English family - yes
Once met Jane Rimmer - yes
Lived not far from Claremont at time of murders - yes
Worked closely with Sarah Spiers - undetermined
Lived alone at time of murders - undetermined
34-years-old at time of murders - probably 35 or 36

Close enough for me. All IMO, of course.

We don't know anything. But IMO it is beyond any reasonable doubt that JM is the POI mentioned on the episode.

Post #637 page 43
Did JM have a screen printing link? Spouse is a fashion designer and pattern maker -- Did she do any screen printing? Unsure.. but is a better link than LW.

Post #654 page 44
This is the best possible link to screen printing that has been presented for any 'poi' discussed on WS too!

If you consider your screen printing connection is via the spout thenprove the spouse was in Australia in 1996. Just because a person may be connected to fashion designer, DOES NOT MAKE THEM CONNECTED TO SCREEN PRINTING

Never said she was connected.... I asked the question (Quote 1). I said there COULD be a link (Quote 2) to screen printing if she does that with some of her designs.

Thus why I used 'poi'-- 'poi' from BF that has never been ruled out even on WS.

I find it convenient that all the posts have been deleted.

According to The Post, washing line impregnated with material used in screen printing was used in the Karra rape. I have raised the point (#637) that a DIY screen printer is more likely than a commercial screen printer to use washing line due to the latter using heat press and Dryer machines unless using air cure ink. Someone who design clothes may do screen printing here and there.. they are less likely to fork out for the machines, instead, more likely to use the air dry+ Iron technique (to heat set). If JM's partner did screen printing in 1995 then that is a red flag.

Any specific reason my last post was removed?

You should try your best not to be so helpful in the future

there is NO website with the url blogspot.com.au. Care to provide the link because if you don't or refuse to it may make you appear foolhardy and insincere.

J35 has done nothing to appear foolhardy or insincere. He or she was helpful and posted how to access the webpages.

I am shocked that a poster who has taken almost two months to post a simple dot-point would make such a claim. You are the person who brought it up numerous times. When you finally do post it, we are now mostly curious about what takes so long to be verified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member