Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this article from the West has been posted here before, but I'll post it anyway.
attachment.php

Thanks.
It doesn't look like the original report.
Do you have a date for when that article was printed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Firestarter,

I'm 90% sure it was only reported in the Post. BC has access to his old editions but they aren't publicly available.

Article snapshot I posted was TWA June 11 1996 Page 4/5

Kind regards,

P

Hi Firestarter,

I'm 90% sure it was only reported in the Post. BC has access to his old editions but they aren't publicly available.

Article snapshot I posted was TWA June 11 1996 Page 4/5

Kind regards,

P

I took a step back from this case because I was becoming too upset by others' opinions and comments. I'm glad to be back, with restored objectivity.

The Princess Rd. taxi attack was reported:

Dark fears in glamour spot. June 11, 1996 (Same article Peter Kurten just posted.)

Chill hits with new chapter in crime. March 22, 1997

The mind of a murderer. April 4, 1997 This article does say the taxi driver and the man in the back were working together.

Who killed these women? May 30, 1997

I would love to read the original article in The Post.

i found it interesting what det fergeson had to say at the end of the doco the claremont killer
fergeson still believes that either the killer or someone who knows something could feel guilty enough to come forward with info kept hidden
i know the offender thinks at this stage theyve got away with it what i can tell you the more people involved the more chance of getting caught
relationships change FRIENDSHIPS break down
was he hinting more than one person was involved ?

i found it interesting what det fergeson had to say at the end of the doco the claremont killer
fergeson still believes that either the killer or someone who knows something could feel guilty enough to come forward with info kept hidden
i know the offender thinks at this stage theyve got away with it what i can tell you the more people involved the more chance of getting caught
relationships change FRIENDSHIPS break down
was he hinting more than one person was involved ?

I don't think that's an inference one could make from that statement

The problem with the taxi article;

Half the articles say Princess Rd
Half say Bayview Tce

I recall one implying Bayview Tce in heart of Claremont (she jumped straight out as soon as she jumped in)
One article says speeding taxi on Princess Rd

Princess rd starts at Bayview Tce. Was it there? or was it heart of Clremont? Or did she get in at heart of Claremont and not jump out until Princess Rd?

Anyone able to shed any light on what the truth actually is?

The problem with the taxi article;

Half the articles say Princess Rd
Half say Bayview Tce

I recall one implying Bayview Tce in heart of Claremont (she jumped straight out as soon as she jumped in)
One article says speeding taxi on Princess Rd

Princess rd starts at Bayview Tce. Was it there? or was it heart of Clremont? Or did she get in at heart of Claremont and not jump out until Princess Rd?

Anyone able to shed any light on what the truth actually is?

\The woman got into the taxi in BayView. Jumped out in 'Princess' St. I have always wondered if in fact she jumped out in Princes St Cottesloe not Princess St in Claremont.

\The woman got into the taxi in BayView. Jumped out in 'Princess' St. I have always wondered if in fact she jumped out in Princes St Cottesloe not Princess St in Claremont.

You don't need to wonder any longer, it's Princess Rd. Claremont/Nedlands.

There is no chance the man and the taxi driver weren't working together.

You think a legit taxi driver would just drive off and leave a woman with a broken ankle after a random passenger that was crouching in the back attacked her? How long was this guy hiding in the back of the taxi without the taxi driver's knowledge? You would think a taxi driver that wasn't working in tandem with the man would come forward and say 'yes, I remember this incident, I dropped the man at this address after the attack' etc wouldn't you?

But no, never heard from the taxi driver again.

<modsnip>

You don't need to wonder any longer, it's Princess Rd. Claremont/Nedlands.

There is no chance the man and the taxi driver weren't working together.

You think a legit taxi driver would just drive off and leave a woman with a broken ankle after a random passenger that was crouching in the back attacked her? How long was this guy hiding in the back of the taxi without the taxi driver's knowledge? You would think a taxi driver that wasn't working in tandem with the man would come forward and say 'yes, I remember this incident, I dropped the man at this address after the attack' etc wouldn't you?

But no, never heard from the taxi driver again.

Thanks BW.
Do you have a link to where this was originally reported?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's obviously Princess Rd in Claremont but how sure are you she got in on BVT and jumped out on Princess Rd? Those roads intersect so I've always wondered, did she get in near the intersection and jump out soon after, or did she get in the taxi in Claremont Town Centre?

This, along with the golf course rape (involving a taxi) have always been curious regarding the CSK murders. One theory is a fake taxi. I doubt LW nor MAP had access to a taxi which suggests an unknown.

But there's always that slight chance on the LW's mate theory. Could have he had a taxi or fake taxi? Have you been able to finish your research on this yet?

Sprintman, are you able to provide 1995 aerial photography of 19/21 McCabe St, North Fremantle WA 6159 ?

Specifically the back car park. It was a Screen Printer/Sign-writing business during the key period. I want to try and identify the sort of vehicles they utilised.
Peter,
Photo resolution isn't great at that scale but hope it helps..
Regards

Attachments

• 19_21 McCabe St_1995.JPG
    19_21 McCabe St_1995.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 28
This article pinpoints a location on a map at the corner of Bayview Terrace and Princess Road. It's my interpretation that this is where the woman jumped out (especially considering other articles that say she caught a taxi near the club).

Video clue hope. June 11, 1996

The article also states the taxi driver was in on the attack.

^^The article was in thread 2, post #936, if the link didn't work.

It's obviously Princess Rd in Claremont but how sure are you she got in on BVT and jumped out on Princess Rd? Those roads intersect so I've always wondered, did she get in near the intersection and jump out soon after, or did she get in the taxi in Claremont Town Centre?

This, along with the golf course rape (involving a taxi) have always been curious regarding the CSK murders. One theory is a fake taxi. I doubt LW nor MAP had access to a taxi which suggests an unknown.

But there's always that slight chance on the LW's mate theory. Could have he had a taxi or fake taxi? Have you been able to finish your research on this yet?

Unable to speak with the person who I needed to. They had a brain aneurysm during the recovery process after operation. I will not be posting information that I have found as it is too sensitive to place into public domain.

When I am able to get to my storage this week I will post the newspaper articles about the October 1994 taxi event. From memory the woman had gotten into the taxi adjacent to the clubbing area.

I really don't consider the taxi driver was involved in the October 1994 event at all. I think the woman panicked and jumped out of the moving vehicle. I think it highly likely that the taxi driver attempted to stop her jumping out and attempted to grab her arm or hand, so that she wouldn't get injured. It could well be the taxi driver had no idea of the injury the woman received !

I think the golf course incident you are referring to is the Davies Road incident - is this correct ? This is detailed in the Marshall book and I don't think Marshall mentioned a taxi involvement there did she ?

This article pinpoints a location on a map at the corner of Bayview Terrace and Princess Road. It's my interpretation that this is where the woman jumped out (especially considering other articles that say she caught a taxi near the club).

Video clue hope. June 11, 1996

The article also states the taxi driver was in on the attack.

Sutton I think the Princess Road pointer is just that, a pointer and does not refer to exact location of event.

Given the issues media have with correctness (back then) I think it could well be the October 1994 event occurred in Princes Road Cottesloe.

Given the media hype regarding the socalled involvement of either a registered taxi driver / registered taxi / unregistered taxi driver / unregistered or fake taxi; the detail in the 11 June 1996 article could well be 'stretched' to hype up the content.

you don't need to wonder any longer, it's princess rd. Claremont/nedlands. could well be and could well not be correct reporting in the media !

there is no chance the man and the taxi driver weren't working together. this is your personal opinion i take it as there is not proof that that is fact !

you think a legit taxi driver would just drive off and leave a woman with a broken ankle after a random passenger that was crouching in the back attacked her? How long was this guy hiding in the back of the taxi without the taxi driver's knowledge? You would think a taxi driver that wasn't working in tandem with the man would come forward and say 'yes, i remember this incident, i dropped the man at this address after the attack' etc wouldn't you? given the woman jumped from a moving vehicle it could well be the taxi driver had no idea she had suffered the injury that she did. I think it likely the taxi driver was not connected but attempted to stop the girl from jumping out; to save her from injury. We don't know (for a fact) if the taxi driver never came forward or if the police later found the driver as the event occurred in october 1994 before the abductions and murders commenced.

but no, never heard from the taxi driver again. you don't know that for a fact !

<modsnip>

^^^ bbm

found this article on my computer; think I have already posted it on WS ages ago. This is the article that mentions the guy in the back seat of the taxi grabbing the woman's wrist. West Australian 22/2/1997 page 5.

We also do not know if the taxi driver was involved, if he was one of the drivers with a criminal record that was booted out of the taxi industry during the clean up of the industry.

you should note that article stated the woman had hailed a taxi "near the club". This article does not mention whether the woman was climbing into front or back seat.

Attachments

• 44a man in back seat taxi article 22 march 1997 page 5.JPG
    44a man in back seat taxi article 22 march 1997 page 5.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 26
I think the golf course incident you are referring to is the Davies Road incident - is this correct ? This is detailed in the Marshall book and I don't think Marshall mentioned a taxi involvement there did she ?
I thought it said taxi but I could be wrong. This is what has been posted previously in the thread;

Golf Course - 1995
In 1995 a young woman got into a taxi in Claremont and the driver drove her to the other side of the railway line to the golf course. Forcibly stripped of her clothes, she managed to escape, banging on the door of a nearby house and screaming for the couple who lived there to let her in. Completely traumatised, it took an hour for her to finally splutter out what had happened.

I think it was based on an article provided by so can you please check? I've always thought taxi but if this is wrong then there's another non-taxi related sex attack to add to the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper