Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>I also presume that the police are monitoring youtube accounts that post on videos related to the Claremont Murders. I did a test a while back where I set up a brand new account, made a single post... then within 48 hours, my Gmail account had new login history by THREE different devices with different operating systems including Linux, Apple OS and a Samsung Galaxy, of which I use none of.

Not that I'm any kind of expert but I never got the impression the CSK was after fame. I think it's just the killing for him.

STOP the absolute nonsense in this thread. Do not try outing other Websleuths members or making accusations against them. Do not bring screenshots to Websleuths unless they are from official MSM or LE. Posts violating TOS in this fashion have been removed.

Any further TOS violations of this nature will result in a lengthy WS vacation, or worse. Get back to respectful discussion.

Who here agrees that it's highly likely the CSK made contact with other female pedestrians in Claremont apart from his known four victims?

Who here agrees that it's highly likely the CSK made contact with other female pedestrians in Claremont apart from his known four victims?

This was discussed a lot early in the BF thread. One of the main reasons I discounted LW early on was I didn't believe he could get a 100% strike rate. He's a geeky but harmless guy but you'd have to think that at some stage a girls said thanks, but no thanks and reported it to the police once it was out there that there was an SK on the loose.

But there still is the problem that if someone else was offering lifts then they too would not get a 100% hit rate and girls would have reported it. Macro ran an operation called Living Witness (mentioned earlier in the piece by GreenDevil) where they too assumed the CSK would have not got a 100% strike rate and there would be some living witnesses - girls who didn't get in the car.

As far as I know this is how Telstra Man came onto the radar. Not sure about MAP, but potentially him too.

Some explanations as to why the Living Witness line of enquiry failed to deliver;

1. The CSK did get a 100% strike rate. He may have used a weapon to force them into the car. He may have had a compelling story to get them into the car. He may have had a police uniform, doctor's bag, or some sort of name badge that lended to itself credibility.
2. His MO for all 3 were blitz attack
3. His MO for only 1 or 2 were pick-up theory. Much easier to luck out and get a 100% strike rate with 1 or even 2 abductions rather than 3. If you look at the SS case, blitz theory doesn't add up. There was no fear in the community re a serial killer or sex attacks. It would be quite easy to convince someone into a car. Maybe JR a blitz attack, maybe pick-up. Possible to luck out and get 2 out of 2. CG would be a lot harder, but then again, she was walking the Hwy looking for a cab ride.

I think with CG, if the CSK used a weapon and she was outside the car and the CSK was inside she would have bolted.

This was discussed a lot early in the BF thread. One of the main reasons I discounted LW early on was I didn't believe he could get a 100% strike rate. He's a geeky but harmless guy but you'd have to think that at some stage a girls said thanks, but no thanks and reported it to the police once it was out there that there was an SK on the loose.

But there still is the problem that if someone else was offering lifts then they too would not get a 100% hit rate and girls would have reported it. Macro ran an operation called Living Witness (mentioned earlier in the piece by GreenDevil) where they too assumed the CSK would have not got a 100% strike rate and there would be some living witnesses - girls who didn't get in the car.

As far as I know this is how Telstra Man came onto the radar. Not sure about MAP, but potentially him too.

Some explanations as to why the Living Witness line of enquiry failed to deliver;

1. The CSK did get a 100% strike rate. He may have used a weapon to force them into the car. He may have had a compelling story to get them into the car. He may have had a police uniform, doctor's bag, or some sort of name badge that lended to itself credibility.
2. His MO for all 3 were blitz attack
3. His MO for only 1 or 2 were pick-up theory. Much easier to luck out and get a 100% strike rate with 1 or even 2 abductions rather than 3. If you look at the SS case, blitz theory doesn't add up. There was no fear in the community re a serial killer or sex attacks. It would be quite easy to convince someone into a car. Maybe JR a blitz attack, maybe pick-up. Possible to luck out and get 2 out of 2. CG would be a lot harder, but then again, she was walking the Hwy looking for a cab ride.

I think with CG, if the CSK used a weapon and she was outside the car and the CSK was inside she would have bolted.

Imo
A Taxi driver wouldn't need a 100% strike rate. Blitz attack when they were in the cab.
Although this doesn't match the Kara attack.
Unless tho mo was changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imo
A Taxi driver wouldn't need a 100% strike rate. Blitz attack when they were in the cab.
Although this doesn't match the Kara attack.
Unless tho mo was changed.
Yep, there's a few key things that just don't make sense.

1. Taxi theory is the most obvious explanation as to how the girls got into a car but why didn't the "bus stop 3" see a taxi?
2. If there were blitz attacks then why didn't the drivers of the cars witnessed on both SS and CG nights come forward?
3. If the girls got into the car, how did he get a seemingly 100% strike rate?
4. If Karra is linked then why did he change his MO?
5. If the victims were killed locally by having their throats cut, where was the blood and how did he keep his car clean during transportation?
6. Why did the CSK stop?
7. Why hasn't SS been found. The CSK only had 4 hours to sunrise.

So many unanswered questions that if you assume one way it makes another part of the puzzle unlikely and vice versa.

Some more thoughts;

- There's some similarities to Karrakatta. Tied up. Gagged. This sort of stuff is rare I believe.

- How did this guy pick his mark? How did he know there was an au pair home alone? He called the parents which suggests he wasn't concerned about his voice being recognised. So if we assume he didn't know them and assume he didn't know the girl (otherwise she would have ID'd him), how did he know?

Did he stalk her? Saw her at Cole's, followed her home, them watched her?

- AFAIK the link to Padbury was he bought the flowers there. This doesn't make sense. Did he stalk and plan and drove out of area to buy the flowers in order to avoid detection?

- I wonder why police think he left the scene and drove north? Anyone know?

Some more thoughts;

- There's some similarities to Karrakatta. Tied up. Gagged. This sort of stuff is rare I believe.

- How did this guy pick his mark? How did he know there was an au pair home alone? He called the parents which suggests he wasn't concerned about his voice being recognised. So if we assume he didn't know them and assume he didn't know the girl (otherwise she would have ID'd him), how did he know?

- AFAIK the link to Padbury was he bought the flowers there. This doesn't make sense. Did he stalk and plan and drove out of area to buy the flowers in order to avoid detection?

I'd love to see our mapping and angle guys look into the exact crime location and the location of the flower shop. As we know there were deliberate selections made by the CSK, there might be a link??

The rapist was the person who rang police. Also rang the family.

"A sex predator who forced his way into a Mosman Park home and raped a teenager made an anonymous telephone call to police and provided intimate details of the crime."

Armed with a knife, items used to tie his victim and a bunch of yellow lilies
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/9023467/mosman-park-rapist-rang-police/#page1

Man is in right age bracket as CSK likely is. Absolutely no way it's LW, he has a very distinctive voice, would not have phoned Crimestoppers.

All the information in that 2015 article is what was already known in 2011, besides the pic of diary. 2011 was when the new detectives started reworking CSK case.

Either stalking, or friends with the Mosman Park family and knew she would be home alone. The fact he took the girl's mobile and rang the family, warning them not to call police, would suggest he knew their names.

Apparently there are possible sightings of him in and around Padbury a few days before and after attack.

Detective Senior Sergeant Jade Smith (centre) said in March there was a possible sighting of the rapist (composite picture, left) parking a car similar to a Kia Sportage.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/w...ld-mosman-park-sex-crime-20150417-1mn7e4.html

Either stalking, or friends with the Mosman Park family and knew she would be home alone. The fact he took the girl's mobile and rang the family, warning them not to call police, would suggest he knew their names.
But how did they not recognise his voice? I'm sure police trawled through their emails to see if anyone could have determined this info. I wonder if he asked the victim about the house owners and that's how he learnt their names? He may have stalked her and stolen their mail to find out the identities.
Apparently there are possible sightings of him in and around Padbury a few days before and after attack.
I'd assume the florist saw the identikit in the media and recognised him and called police telling them a man of that description bought some yellow lilies on that day.

Have you got a link regarding sightings in Padbury after the attack? Maybe he works there? It would be odd that he lived in the Padbury area and went all the way to Mosman Park to commit what seems are targeted attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member