Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #9 *ARREST

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive watched and read these threads for a long time and cant seem to get past the incident reported by Detective Con Bayens in 2000, while heading up Operation Bounty. In an account in the book 'Perth' by David Whish Wilson, Bayen describes the encounter with a man in what appeared to be an unmarked Police Holden Sedan. He describes the occupant as ' tall, impressive and that he carried himself with the authority of a Policeman'. He turned out to be a civilian who had done a Taxi Driver course. A sex worker was observed entering the vehicle. A search of the vehicle revealed the (previously discussed) plastic lined boot, zip ties, pliers ,balaclava and masking tape. History tells us this wasn't followed up by Macro. The description fits BRE, the type of vehicle would have been readily available to BRE, the MO (acting as Police Officer) would reassure vulnerable young women waiting on the street late at night. It fits with the style of vehicle seen with CG on the Stirling Hwy,(albeit an earlier model in the CG matter, his vehicles would be regularly upgraded). I also feel that WAPOL has revisited this report and checked via rego and started to look at BRE, covertly obtained DNA, then Bingo, tied it all together. Only my thoughts but it just makes sense to me

I still can't get my head around this.... What did the police actually do with this guy? Who the hell has a plastic lined boot, balaclava etc in their car?

I'd not be surprised if his MO on at least one occasion was to impersonate a plainclothes copper.

No, unfortunately not at all - just that she was early 20s. When I get back to work, I'll search for it in the newspaper library. I only thought of it today.
City of Gosnells library has a local studies librarian with an amazing memory, what about giving them a call with what you remember and seeing if they have any articles in their archives? Or if you're in the area there are a lot of cuttings kept in folders under various titles in the room right to the very back of the library, past the foreign language section.

i just think the church is a little close to the bus stopi just I remember its was very dark not much lights down the street.

There's a Baptist church approx. 50 metres from HJs bus stop, then the further west you walk the darker it gets. Also there's a slight rise in the road which would've have helped your visibility and maybe a gut full of beers and HJs hehe. I'm definitely feeling that carpark.

Can anyone get a map of it from 1997?

His involvement in LA to me is how he has repented. He gave back to the community that he took from.
There have been several people whom hold a similar opinion about LA being BRE's way of giving back to the community.

I am of the opinion that his role in LA had nothing to do with the community and everything to do with Bradley Edwards. Within one year he went from volunteer to club president. The man craved power and control and this is a way in which he was able to flex that power & control. Not to mention it enabled him to hide in plain sight, we were not looking for a LA president, we were looking for a monster.

There's a Baptist church approx. 50 metres from HJs bus stop, then the further west you walk the darker it gets. Also there's a slight rise in the road which would've have helped your visibility and maybe a gut full of beers and HJs hehe. I'm definitely feeling that carpark.

Can anyone get a map of it from 1997?
yes i remember the road go down a bit and very dark. whats the church look like done it has green grass out the front

Monaro = project
Torana = project
Gemini = too lazy to get rid of it or sentimental value.

Who'd do up a Gemini?

(Long time lurker first time poster)

My brother has had two project geminis, and from what I recall there was a reasonably large online community of Gemini enthusiasts.

I am not 100% sure EC is a real person, it appears to be a childrens poem author, this is off the charts creepy.

https://books.google.com.au/books/about/Someone_is_flying_balloons.html?id=6Nom1W97MO0C&redir_esc=y

Is it possible BE has an alter ego of EC.

EC is most likely person to know something about these crimes, I hope if they have been hiding critical info WAPOL do the right thing.

Pretty difficult to get a non-existent person on a property title I'd imagine.

There have been several people whom hold a similar opinion about LA being BRE's way of giving back to the community.

I am of the opinion that his role in LA had nothing to do with the community and everything to do with Bradley Edwards. Within one year he went from volunteer to club president. The man craved power and control and this is a way in which he was able to flex that power & control. Not to mention it enabled him to hide in plain sight, we were not looking for a LA president, we were looking for a monster.

Ivan Milat was renowned in his local community as a 'good bloke'. Always helping out with fixit jobs, involved as an organiser with Neighbourhood Watch etc etc. Its all front. These blokes just want to look normal in the community. Its purely self serving

One of his many unfinished projects. Probably has a garage full of them. If that were something from a crime he committed. .why leave it out on display like that...?
Unless he really is that overconfident :/
If thats the case..he really thinks the police are morons. And well...this case was handled wrong from the start.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

He has got a very good lawyer, will no doubt go after police on evidence handling to attempt to get DNA thrown out, no doubt.
Unfortunately due to police incompetence in high-profile murder cases in this state over so many years the police are *advertiser censored* themselves and have been trying to cover all their bases with this for some time.
Talking to some high profile people one said don't even be surprised it the police aren't watching this thread, the public tend to assume police are doing things because they see it on TV, the reality is WAPOL is not the FBI and doesn't have the resources or entrance criteria.

I'm rooting for them but the reality is the general public in WA doesn't have much faith in WAPOL when it comes to solving major crimes and getting convictions.

I feel for the good cops, there must be some who look at the likes of DC and think you idiot, it's clearly not LW why are you telling people it's case closed.

Definitely a real person. The book in question is a compilation of poems written by Australian children in 1983. This makes perfect sense age wise. She submitted a poem.

What is concerning is that this person seems to have a web presence that indicates some sexual deviancy. Not that that is evidence of any wrong doing.

Also, to have your name on the title deeds of a house I'd say there's a fair chance you actually exist...

I don't see any deviancy - what she had in her profile would be reasonably common these days.

Google map it Frankie, but he's either nabbed her on Freshwater Parade or I'm guessing from behind the church on the corner with the traffic lights.

Just measured it and it's 200m from approx. bus stop to beginning of old church carpark I referenced...possible?

I still don't understand why she was walking down the street, was she really going to walk home to mosman park?
There is phones & taxis up at the club, what was she thinking?

These days yes but not in this case I'd say. Houses were much more affordable in those days. About a 70k purchase. I know wages were less but still affordable. The only reason I can think of for both names to be on the title would be a relationship. This person is about the same age, not an older family member helping out. Possibly an investment but I'm not convinced about that either.

Also for mortgage - if he needed her earnings for the application then the loan and hence the ownership would be in joint names.

I don't have a shred of evidence, but I'd be shocked if at least some of the detectives didn't read this thread. They couldn't be *that* confident in their own ability after all the bungles they've been though.

2 years younger, completely fits as a GF.
I have seen some shonky real estate stuff in my time, the 80's in perth was the wild west, I am not closing my eyes to any possibilities with this, though I will agree she is probably a younger GF he lived with.

Can someone post the poem please?

Poem is not online - you would need to buy the book.

Sounds she wrote as a 14yo so not sure of relevance anyway.

and there is just 1 year between them if her DOB on adult sites is correct.

Keeping it for VG?
I think it is probably his first car and he has never gotten rid of it and just kept it for whatever reason. Yes doing up a Gemini would seem bizarre and unlikely but people like all sorts of cars I suppose if I am going to play Devil's advocate.

I still don't understand why she was walking down the street, was she really going to walk home to mosman park?
There is phones & taxis up at the club, what was she thinking?
one of my mates that night yelled out to her that she was crazy for hitching. but i do not think she was . she just waved her right hand in the air to say what ever. my mate said that girl is going to go missing tonight.

Without sluething EC as that is against the rules, it would appear on face value to be hard to believe she had no idea about these incidents. At the very least the police were asking people if anyone was acting suspicious or out late on specific nights etc, there were adverts on TV about it everywhere, this is back when everyone watched FTA TV.

If there was a 'murder house' this would be it..... still waiting on any reports of WAPOL searching this house?

Why? This is often the case with SKs.

I bet most if not all of BE's family/friends/acquantainces were all in deep shock (if guilty) - e.g. one of the LA friends (high up with BE) posted a "well, ****" picture on his FB about a day after BE's arrest.

It's common for SKs to completely deceive/fool all those around them and trust absolutely nobody.

The poem in the book was published in 1983. I'm really not sure where the leap to them being the same person is.

Rare first name coupled with rare surname = pretty good chance. Someone mentioned the poems were written by children so if she was 14 at the time, then that would match.

The article a previous poster linked to says that BE handled the license of the girl from Rowe Park. Presumably he then discarded it or lost it as it was found in the park by a passerby. In my mind there are only three reasons he would have handled the license:
1.He pretended to be a cop and asked for it
2. He wanted to know her details to remember later so found it in her things
3. He wanted to photograph her details to remember later so found it in her things

My gut is with option 1

She was also underage, so may have been all too keen to hand it over if she'd snuck in at Conti or Clubber. Suspect might have known this if he was lingering around entrances to either establishment. Might have been his "conversation starter".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214