Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #9 *ARREST

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motive, Means & Opportunity. Some ask whether he need an excuse for the wife. Not if she worked on weekends in her family's restaurant. My aunt had a restaurant in Baskerville once. My wife and I helped out on weekends, we'd often finish up in the wee small hours after washing up the dishes etc. We could of stayed in my aunts house to save the commute but we had pets to feed. I'd expect BE's wife might of done same staying with family near the restaurant. Anyone know the opening hours back then? Add 2 hrs for the wash up. BE might of had opportunity, even if he had to pick his wife up from work after the crime. Hate to imagine where he stored the body if he did thou

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

People aren't reading the thread properly. CG's family restaurant was sold in 1994. As far as we can ascertain BE did not know CG then. We think the murders had stopped by the time he met CG or so we think.

Im not down with the fishing trip theory. If you were using the guise of going fishing, surely you would take a boat. Begs the question..... if there was a boat then theres much better places to dump a body than in the bush. Just MO but i think its a stretch.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Unless the boat is owned by a family member and you dont always have access to to..

Just watched a documentary on Foxtel about Gary Ridgeway The Green River Killer - Born to Kill.

Some very relevant information/similar circumstances to CSK

Worth a look particularly in relation to;

- why would he stop killing
- impact of relationships on killing
- would a wife know

I'm with you on Corry Lynn rd. Maybe the girls had no luck with cabs and started off southwest along Stirling hwy. he spots them as he's driving by and pulls into the car park on Corry Lynn and prepares himself. He waits for them there and blitz at their most vulnerable point.

Before they can scream they're bound, hooded and in the vehicle. It worked for him with KK, why stop there.

While very loosely similar, this one was brought up on a previous thread as a potential CSK case due to the last known location, a"Telstra phone booth". I'm yet to be convinced either way but just putting it out there.
https://www.crimestopperswa.com.au/open-cases/laura-kate-muckersie/
What about: https://www.crimestopperswa.com.au/open-cases/missing-person-robyn-louise-santen/ ...... sounds sort of similar in some ways maybe?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

What about: https://www.crimestopperswa.com.au/open-cases/missing-person-robyn-louise-santen/ ...... sounds sort of similar in some ways maybe?

My understanding is this was a suspected suicide. The case is listed in the coroner's court for the 9th of January which indicates that the Police believe she is dead and its unlikely a body will be found.

More details will come out at the inquest

Edit: http://www.coronerscourt.wa.gov.au/I/inquest_list.aspx?uid=6373-7935-4173-8537

My understanding is this was a suspected suicide. The case is listed in the coroner's court for the 9th of January which indicates that the Police believe she is dead and its unlikely a body will be found.

Edit: http://www.coronerscourt.wa.gov.au/I/inquest_list.aspx?uid=6373-7935-4173-8537
Where is body? Typically bodies wash back to shore. Someone posted a link to a "how to fake your own death" article and one thing the author stipulated was that you should fake a sea drowning because if the body doesn't turn up police know it's highly likely you never entered the water.

ps Can you keep us posted on this. I would be interested in what police think.

But if someone is to commit suicide how can they hide their own body? There is definitely more to that case because she left drinks in a taxi withdrew money from an atm then went home got her car took her car to city beach. If she swam out to sea its more than likely something would wash up. I dont buy the shark theory & nobody can establish why she was at city beach to begin with. And why did she need money if she was just going for a swim. So many questions unanswered.

But if someone is to commit suicide how can they hide their own body? There is definitely more to that case because she left drinks in a taxi withdrew money from an atm then went home got her car took her car to city beach. If she swam out to sea its more than likely something would wash up. I dont buy the shark theory & nobody can establish why she was at city beach to begin with. And why did she need money if she was just going for a swim. So many questions unanswered.
Sorry guys...didn't mean to divert the thread like that...back to the case in hand please.... [emoji17]

Used to go to CCGS. From memory there wasn't a break in the fence near the Art/Manual arts building so you couldn't have dragged someone onto the school grounds there. You'd have to have dragged her about 30 meters up Queenslea drive to the car par outside that building. There were plenty of bushes in that area. I've been thinking about the possible CG grab site for quite a while. Christ Church (the church) is pretty close to the bus stop outside HJ's, maybe only 100m, so if he grabbed her there he'd have had to king hit her or there likely would have been loud sounds of struggle, certainly yelling/screaming otherwise.

The school has changed a lot, that big car park along the side of the road was only built about 2006/7 ish. Until then that side of the school was all fenced off and grass (the long jump pits were along that edge) until the driveway that ran up to the back of the gym. The chaplain's residence was back there too but might not have been occupied in January. That area used to be quite dark and overgrown with bushes. Further up a little Corry Lynn Road would have also been a good grab site. All these places have changed a lot and don't look all that probable now.

Wherever he grabbed them he would have had to strike suddenly and hard, and had them hooded or gagged before they returned to their senses. Anywhere from the church onwards with a violent blitz attack would have been the way to go. SS's last sighting close to there suggests he liked that area.

As an insight to why CG may have been walking:- When taxis get really scarce and demand high your best bet is often to leave the busy area and try to catch one that's driving into the area to look for a fare before it gets there and twenty people try to hail it. Taxi ranks can get pretty nasty late at night, full of drunks with no manners wanting to go home NOW.
there was a opening in the fence between the school garden shed cage and the road 3 trees in between and also down the foot path there was a red brick wall about knee height running down the path

There was a low limestone wall the curved the corner right next to the lights. It went from the small staff car park on Queanslea Drive next to the manual arts building to around the corner on Stirling Hwy where the high wire fence started. On the other side of the wall was some grass with sporadic bushes and then the red brick with white trimmed windows arts building. A reasonable candidate for a blitz although if a blitz I like the car park behind the medical centre or Corry Lynn Rd.

Not a fan of the secluded church car park Bartos?

From memory Robyn Santen got home safely then went out in her car, a VW Golf or Polo. Where was she going at that time of night?

[emoji888]
This is the young mother who disappeared august 8th 2015.
CCTV footage showed her purchasing a wine in a wine bar; she was wearing a black and white dress. Her car keys, mobile phone, personal belongings were all found in her car which was located at the City Beach carpark.

I think she returned to her car to head off home, but was ambushed and dragged from her vehicle before she'd a chance to drive off.
It's a plausible theory given consideration to the similar near misses that were reported to police and since mentioned on Grok's timeline.
There was someone out there using the MO in years gone by - obviously it's only the unsuccessful attempts we've come to hear anything about.

It would be interesting to see this event on the timeline in relation to BRE's separation from his wife.

http://www.news.com.au/national/per...e/news-story/85664ca95ace7dff620f66c22afc95f2

robyn santen - we miss you
https://www.facebook.com/robynlsanten/

[emoji887]

Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #6

So much for it being a secret camera on Bayview tce then. Just wondering how they would find out. A pointless exercise if it is common knowledge of the area. MM doesnt appear face the camera in the Jane video. If anyone has a picture of Janes Mystery Man facing the camera, that would be great.

So our mystery man knew of one camera, and potentially secret others.

Quote above.

Crabstick had some interesting theories about cameras and the like.
A prolific poster for a while there.
Where are you Crabby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So posters here were saying he has top legal representation. Can someone with some real world experience in this help me with some queries? He seemed to have that lawyer very quickly. Was it chance that he chose that person to represent him? In other words how did he manage to pick one of the top criminal defence lawyers in the state as has been suggested within a day or two of having been arrested? Would a lawyer have offered their services? Or would he have been advised by someone else to retain that particular counsel to represent him. Mr Joe Suburbia picks top gun right off the bat. How does that come about? My Dad was a supreme court judge so maybe I should know but I don't.

He would have been advised of his right to a lawyer when he was first taken into custody. Every lawyer going to visit a defendant charged with being a serial killer would know to engage a QC/SC immediately. This could have been sorted out within a day. Every barrister briefed on a high profile case would reshuffle all their prior commitments to be at the first court mention, which wouldn't require any specific preparation. BE was never going to get bail, which was why he didn't apply for bail.

Did you ever question your memory? (I'm not suggesting you didn't see her but I wondered whether you were 100% sure, 50% sure?)

Wasn't there a direct line taxi phone installed at club bayview after SS abduction? Could this have been installed by BE on behalf of Telstra? Also if he did install it is possible he was aware of cctv camera installations through chatting to club management or employees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper