Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #9 *ARREST

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just reading the same news story, interestingly the blue car had distinctive rims and this was repeated in many news stories at the time of the disappearance. Wonder what rims the Gemini had?

Also with the placement of KT body do we have any further info, was it near any Telstra infrastructure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC.......and this is purely from my memory of news reports at the time...KT was found by bushwalkers in the vicinity of Canning Dam....facedown, alongside a log.

Someone said he was a technician to the "postmaster general" or something rather who was responsible for all telephone lines?
Might have been an ancestor - PMG was the name of Telstra way back, before it was Telecom.

Dan Dan the Hotdog Man is what he was called. From memory HJ's drive thru was open until 2am but restaurant closed at midnight. There were 2 all night burger places in Mosman Park. Early's Burgers next to the train station and another across the Hey from Red Rooster.

HJ's was walk-in til around 2am.

Also...about the vehicle rims...I guess they had been changed over the years....given its such a car, likely the only thing of value on the car.

I have a few thoughts - all 'MOO', 'IMHO', etc., of course:

* I just don't think he could've worked alone. I'm curious about the story of a woman escaping a taxi in which there were two people present which had an agenda for her (off to research). As well as the logistics of hiding a body, being on the lookout for passing cars, etc., that is one hell of a secret to harbour for all of these years. Could someone carry on about life knowing that they'd committed such heinous crimes? If he had worked alone, wouldn't he have felt tempted to tell someone, just one person, to alleviate the burden?

* What if he is genuinely mentally ill? He could well be schizophrenic - the voices told him to do it? And maybe he self-cured himself of it? Is that even possible? Well, according to quick Google search it is.

* What if he isn't mentally ill and pleads that way - he'll get to go off to some cushy psychiatric hospital for the rest of his days while those poor women and their friends and family continue to suffer.
In a case study of 232 serial killers only one was able to get off on an insanity plea.

BRE was an organized serial killer with a consistant method of operation, whilst it is possible he may have had personality disorder BRE transported and dumped the bodies in an attempt to put time and distance between himself and the victims, he knew what he did was wrong he tried to cover up his murders, and therefore has no grounds for an insanity plea whasoever.

BRE could quite easily act alone and keep this secret, you have to keep in mind you are thinking from your point of view "how could I live with that?" while some serial killers can go on to have true regret, remorse and sympathy for the crimes/victims most are masters of compartmentalization, they find pleasure in reliving the experience in different ways years and years after the murder. The biggest factor in his stopping is more than likely that having a family and other life activities simply took up most of his time and would not have anything to do with him healing himself from a mental illness. I'd find it more unlikely that he did carry this out as part of a duo.

The taxi driver/man in back assault unfortunately is more than likely contributed to one of the other half a dozen serial killers and serial rapists operating in and around perth at the same time.

So if not with parents during the CSK where was he living?
Girlfriend/future wifes house or her parents house?
Seems like you know where by giving half answers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not prepared to state that publicly. If you need to know then I suggest you do as I did and go to your state library and search through all the electoral rolls of that time.

Do we know if the kimono being held up for the photo in 1988 is the ACTUAL kimono or just a "similar" item?

I think maybe too much is being made of the kimono. Seems to me it was critically important in the initial connection, but now they have his actual DNA as a result linking to that found on the bodies the integrity of the kimono DNA would only matter for the conviction of the 1988 case?

In a case study of 232 serial killers only one was able to get off on an insanity plea.

BRE was an organized serial killer with a consistant method of operation, whilst it is possible he may have had personality disorder BRE transported and dumped the bodies in an attempt to put time and distance between himself and the victims, he knew what he did was wrong he tried to cover up his murders, and therefore has no grounds for an insanity plea whasoever.

BRE could quite easily act alone and keep this secret, you have to keep in mind you are thinking from your point of view "how could I live with that?" while some serial killers can go on to have true regret, remorse and sympathy for the crimes/victims most are masters of compartmentalization, they find pleasure in reliving the experience in different ways years and years after the murder. The biggest factor in his stopping is more than likely that having a family and other life activities simply took up most of his time and would not have anything to do with him healing himself from a mental illness. I'd find it more unlikely that he did carry this out as part of a duo.

The taxi driver/man in back assault unfortunately is more than likely contributed to one of the other half a dozen serial killers and serial rapists operating in and around perth at the same time.
Something is wrong with the wiring in all their brains tbh to even be able to go about day to day life after what they have done.
There is something wrong with them all. More about a lack of empathy and not seeing anyone else as important as they are.
They are owed something for absolutely nothing and everyone else is pretty irrelevant and should be bowing down to their superior selves.
There are way too many who think like this...I'm not sure why some start killing and others dont.
Not sure they will ever work out the serial killer brain..but something is definitely disconnected up there in their heads somewhere.
They know damn well what they are doing is wrong though.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Being a photographer at the club meant that he was rarely in the photos I guess. I wonder if he had an interest in photography or if it was just for the club.

Being a photographer at the club meant that he was rarely in the photos I guess. I wonder if he had an interest in photography or if it was just for the club.
I think he had a great interest in watching/observing. Photographing is a great cover for that.
He still appeared in a few pics from back then. Seemed to all be side shots or with sunglasses and hat. He definitely didnt want his pic out there

Yeah was me. Problem with that theory is you don't normally give yourself a nickname and have it stick. So either it's not what it means, or someone else understands the reason he has it.
If he was called the "Hoff", it may be from his friends who knew he was a "Knight Rider" and had his "Kit" with him....makes more sense for me than the the Baywatch era Imo...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Also means to be bogged..like stuck in mud or something.
About all I got that hasnt been said
Still going with the Wade Boggs thing

https://www.google.com.au/amp/thebi...rinking-grows/amp/?client=ms-android-optus-au

The Internet legend of Boggs’ drinking has been around for a long time and often appeared on signs at College GameDay. Circa 2005 PTI interview Boggs and Tony Kornheiser asked him about the rumored 64 beers on one flight. Boggs wouldn’t give an actual number and only said, “put it this way, it was a few Miller Lites.”

Theres much on this mans drinking abilities online..more so than his baseball 😂
Was the right time too when he got famous 83 onwards to 2000 or so

I dont doubt he was picked on. Most of us were at some point in HS. Probably liked his computers and gaming etc back then also which maybe wouldnt have helped I do believe the nickname is related to his love of alcohol though from how it is spelt(bogg as opposed to bog) Probably needed the alcohol to be more social and around people I doubt it would be in yearbook would it if it were something too offensive? Plus honestly, when i hear Hasselhoff these days I think about him drunk and slurring in that video from a while ago Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Not much in the way of computer games back in his teenage years!! A Commodore 64 would have been a prized possession of only a privileged few.

Kids got outside in those days; played sports and perhaps cards or board games for indoor activities :)
I feel like the "old" continuity consultant!!

I recall someone - somewhere - in one of these threads mentioning an address at 70 Harry Street, Gosnells. Can anyone recall or find that thread - what was that address discussed in relation to? Thanks in advance?

Also means to be bogged..like stuck in mud or something.
About all I got that hasnt been said
Still going with the Wade Boggs thing

https://www.google.com.au/amp/thebi...rinking-grows/amp/?client=ms-android-optus-au

The Internet legend of Boggs’ drinking has been around for a long time and often appeared on signs at College GameDay. Circa 2005 PTI interview Boggs and Tony Kornheiser asked him about the rumored 64 beers on one flight. Boggs wouldn’t give an actual number and only said, “put it this way, it was a few Miller Lites.”

Theres much on this mans drinking abilities online..more so than his baseball 😂
Was the right time too when he got famous 83 onwards to 2000 or so

I'd say this is a real stretch. Don't forget that in 85 there was no Internet to follow US sports that closely and nothing besides local TV which never showed it. Honestly the most likely scenario is he crapped himself one day and if this is the case it would have been a cause for ridicule at school which could be relevant in forming his personality or fueling some anger.

I think maybe too much is being made of the kimono. Seems to me it was critically important in the initial connection, but now they have his actual DNA as a result linking to that found on the bodies the integrity of the kimono DNA would only matter for the conviction of the 1988 case?

The Kimono was/is very important to this case. It is what actually connected the Police to the CSK. It shows there time range needed to be expanded past 1995. Who would have guessed he started his evil ways as early as 1988?? Not me!

I recall someone - somewhere - in one of these threads mentioning an address at 70 Harry Street, Gosnells. Can anyone recall or find that thread - what was that address discussed in relation to? Thanks in advance?

There is a mention of this address in a post by papertrail on 23/01/2016 - Thread 3, page 81, post #1215

Some searching on the username Boggsy below for reference. May be something in them, maybe not. I find the Palladium (Role Playing Game Publisher) forum posts interesting. The Palladium Books were first published in 1981.
Heres a description of the Palladium series I came across.

''Warning!
The fictional world of Rifts®
is quite violent and deadly.
It is an exotic realm where magic is as
real as technology and
demonic creatures
plague humankind.

Some parents may find the violence and super-natural
elements of the game inappropriate for
young readers/players. We suggest
parental dis-cretion. Note that
none of those at Palladium,
DavidLiam Moran or us at KJH STUPH
Productions condone nor encourage
the occult, the practice of magic, and the use of drugs or violence''

The forum may require you to register.

http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=118914
'I voted for comforting the lady in hopes of gaining a wife, because all work and no play makes Kolchan something something'

http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/f...?f=10&t=114200
http://palladium-megaverse.com/forum...?f=10&t=114061
'Well, my character at the society was made with BtS 1st, since that was the book I had at the time. Although I've used most of the books for adventures over the years.'

http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/f...?f=10&t=118157
'Have to second this, it just seems to fit the image of Kolchan that's come together so far. Plus like Shawn says, it packs plenty of power.'

http://palladium-megaverse.com/forum...?f=10&t=118282

'That rope ladder is just too inviting and time is short, gotta grab those clues while there's still an opening. Kolchan can always make up an excuse for rushing in if the cops arrive first. If anyone else arrives he'll be ready and waiting. If someone/thing is already aboard, well, that's what we're here for. Semper Fi!'

'I was thinking of the Spanish swamp monster from an episode of the The Night Stalker, heh'

'Seriously, worst? C'mon, time is short and Kolchan's an intrepid reporter/former marine, what if the cops show up before he gets to snoop?

Recon looks like winner anyway, gonna be interesting to see what comes next.'

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/forums...?f=10&t=118727

'Oh well, maybe I'm just cynical'

Following comment by another user refers to him as doctor 'Way to hold a position, Doctor B!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member