Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #9 *ARREST

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the sleuthers are assisting the police more than we think? I believe they are definitely following leads that could have originated on here.

Not sure how history tells us he wasnt followed up? One would think he would've been looked at again ages ago when they found the DNA and started eliminating known POIs.

I think Bayens being told "Dont worry about it , we've got our man" is a pretty clear indicator that it wasnt followed up at the time

Do we know when his family sold/moved out of Gay Street?

The family home was at one point at 142 Gay Street which, I gather, is a lot that was part of the original unsubdivided property. It seems to now be at 9 Kingsford Way, Huntingdale.

It was suggested earlier that the Huntingdale relationship finished in 1995 (not sure the reference to this) and BE continued to live there. I just can't accept he did this under someone else's nose. Someone even mentioned earlier that Ivan Milat didn't kill when he was married.
Don’t rule anything out, that is partially how we needed up in the mess.
Must keep an open mind on everything unless we can categorically rule it out with evidence.

<modsnip>
It would be utter incompetence on the behalf of police to eliminate suspects based off of statistics, even if the stats are factual. This is why the DC snipers were able to continue their shooting spree for so long because police were looking for a white suspect based off of profiling. These type of statistics can be applied to a general pool of serial killers but you cannot apply the same statistics to individuals, let alone ruling them out based off of them.

Thanks for the link.
What do we have? A police officer asking the brother of LW if he ever saw him in women's clothes? Why would he ask that? I imagine the rest of the rumours regarding emails and websites are rubbish, because anyone can use any email they want, and say what they want, can't they?
Hopefully Dr. P will get back on and clear things up!

A copper would ask that if he knew there was a cross dressing element to the crimes

I think you can pay to have a title search done. I know in SA you can.

A title search yes, but names on previous titles? Not sure.
Anyway, out of left field, if EC was in a relationship with BE (not known) which then led to a defacto relationship, who knows, maybe they were bf and gf in 88', and the kimono was hers? Only came to mind given the strange asiany' time name of EC and the kimono design.
Keep up the great info haven't slept much this week reading these threads!

City of Gosnells library has a local studies librarian with an amazing memory, what about giving them a call with what you remember and seeing if they have any articles in their archives? Or if you're in the area there are a lot of cuttings kept in folders under various titles in the room right to the very back of the library, past the foreign language section.

also see if you can check whether BRE had a library card there? (or any local libraries... gotta get analog) Would be interesting to see his book loan history

one of my mates that night yelled out to her that she was crazy for hitching. but i do not think she was . she just waved her right hand in the air to say what ever. my mate said that girl is going to go missing tonight.
I'm too lazy to search but I swear you have previously stated that your friend did not yell out too CG. False memory on my part or not?

First time poster here I have been reading the threads from start up to now and some of you think on another level I wouldnt even have considered and its very interesting. Just want to jump ahead for all the people previously commenting and profiling his personality type....My thoughts are this guy is so arrogant that he wont give up anything (SS location) and will plead not guilty to the lot. Anyone think he will crack and give up everything? I'm hoping so for families who have been left wondering for so long but I'm not convinced.

I tend to agree, but let's not discount the fact that he could be innocent and is indeed innocent until proven guilty.

Thanks for the link.
What do we have? A police officer asking the brother of LW if he ever saw him in women's clothes? Why would he ask that? I imagine the rest of the rumours regarding emails and websites are rubbish, because anyone can use any email they want, and say what they want, can't they?
Hopefully Dr. P will get back on and clear things up!

In the past I was able to track Dr P to a foot fetish website but never a cross dressing website. Id summize the question was asked based on womens clothing found at the scenes that were related or not.

How in the heck did the person who posted the recent newspaper article get his hands on a copy of the names on the old property title?
That is not publicly available is it, even on landgate premium property search?

I think it's publicly available information from Landgate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It had been clearly established there was no conversation. The victim herself said it all happened so quickly that she neither saw her attacker or heard his voice. I'd suggest the first thing he did was ambush her and put a hood over her head.
Of course, I wonder how the licence came into it then?

From all accounts CG was aware of the girls going missing by her parents
This is not the same as living it. Being told about it doesn't have the same effect as living it. The saying "you can lead a horse to water..." is apt here. Being merely told often does sink in.

How in the heck did the person who posted the recent newspaper article get his hands on a copy of the names on the old property title?
That is not publicly available is it, even on landgate premium property search?

Rp Data has the historical records on each property. Once the street was revealed in the Post you could go through them one by one.

Are you saying that you think there was more than one Dr P? What sites do you think BRE posted on?

I don't think that per se, but it's possible.

I suspect he posted here and/or on the large Australian rules forum.

Of course, I wonder how the licence came into it then?

Even more confusing is if it was a genuine licence it would have shown she was underage. Either it was doctored in the way we all used to do it in the day when they were a laminated piece of cardboard or she wasn't using it to get into the pub or club.

A title search yes, but names on previous titles? Not sure.
Anyway, out of left field, if EC was in a relationship with BE (not known) which then led to a defacto relationship, who knows, maybe they were bf and gf in 88', and the kimono was hers? Only came to mind given the strange asiany' time name of EC and the kimono design.
Keep up the great info haven't slept much this week reading these threads!

Think if your willing to part with the money you can get the information.

https://www0.landgate.wa.gov.au/titles-and-surveys/historical-records

I'd like to think he will but I highly doubt it. The evidence had better be strong for all the other crimes because otherwise he will try and deny everything.If only for his ex wife and stepdaughters benefit because I do feel he cares about what they think of him .
Im sure the police have their evidence together well this time. I think its been gathering and building up for a while now. Maybe if there is no way to be seen as innocent he will be able to be convinced to at least do the right thing and give SS family closure.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if BE does the right thing and pleads guilty (I just don't know how he will be able to explain his DNA on the victims) is he obligated to give them details about how he did it?

Just a general question:

In early news reports it was reported that BE had been taken in to custody and that they only had a limited amount of hours they could hold him for questioning without charge:

"According to the Criminal Investigations Act 2006, police can only hold a suspect for six hours before referring up to a senior officer, who can grant another six hours.
They must seek written permission from a magistrate to extend custody beyond 12 hours."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-23/claremont-serial-killing-arrest-man-still-in-custody/8144058

Now he has been charged, does anyone know if there are any limitations on how often and for how long he can be further questioned ?

I guess I am hoping they are able to be relentless in their pursuits to get him to talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maia1919