Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #9 *ARREST

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The media always use complimentary terms. Of course they would and should. Unfortunately some people take this literally and assume it's relevant. I don't think it would have mattered what colour hair the girls had, as long as the victim was young and fit he would have grabbed her. CG had dark hair, the other 3 blonde. Nothing in it IMO.
CG had blonde hair dyed just before incident so may be relevant?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...y/news-story/8ff8ee4851c581808c5aaab6da68f6a4
[FONT=&amp]

Was Dyers the South side rapist that a poster today was referring to?
Modis operandi of one of the victims was to first offer them a lift home.[/FONT]

I had forgotten about the Southside rapist.
Certainly the areas Dyer committed the attacks in were south of the river, however I think the term Southside Rapist referred to a perpetrator in the late 1980s, perhaps early 1990s, earlier than Dyers' crimes?
Being around that time (pre-World Wide Web) it will probably be harder to find info on them but I seem to remember a lot about the Southside Rapist in print media in Perth - just not sure of the exact years.

Poster said that Telstra were hot on people taking LSL on the dot. I thought it was worthy to include it.
An escalation of BRE's crimes when he was on his LSL, is not out of the question.

With BRE in the Telstra 1986 intake (so I am told from a reliable ex-Telstra source of that same period), his eligibility for LSL would likely have have been from Dec/Jan 1996/97.

Sarah Spiers Australia Day (night) disappearance could have been right at the beginning of BRE's speculated LSL.

If he took his LSL as reduced hours for 6 months (rather than 3 months off), that would also cover the period up to after when JR was murdered (June 1996).

Re: Queries. Title of 10 Fountain Gate shows information of previous address of purchasers. Doesn't tell you length at previous address, but clearly they were in Osborne Park around May/June 1991.

Historical Business Name Searches can be done by civilians via the ASIC websites or information brokers, but you need to pay a fee.

Experience tells you where to look for information, what information you can obtain, etc.

Titles can be obtained from Landgate. If you see something interesting ie the caveat, you can obtain that too. That provided good info.

Did you do historical searches for both ACR registrations shown on ASIC database?

If the owner(s) of the business name ACR was/were not Edwards, then was it a company? If so, have you searched behind any of those companies to establish whether any of the directors were Edwards?

Certainly the areas Dyer committed the attacks in were south of the river, however I think the term Southside Rapist referred to a perpetrator in the late 1980s, perhaps early 1990s, earlier than Dyers' crimes?
Being around that time (pre-World Wide Web) it will probably be harder to find info on them but I seem to remember a lot about the Southside Rapist in print media in Perth - just not sure of the exact years.

Yes I agree with this. I remember the news reports of the "southside rapist" being on the tv news. I have been thinking about this just recently in light of this case and I have searched lately but couldn't find anything. Only about another serial rapist targeting Western suburbs (nedlands) who was jailed.

State Library has local newspapers on file....would take a while to look through though.....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Community Newspapers Group only went online in late 90's. The West Australian newspaper was online in mid 90's but when they went to Yahoo hosting, they turned off the old website so you can't bring up any old articles. Trove only goes up to 1954, however if the article was picked up by The Canberra Times, like the raid on the Skinhead lair in Thornlie that resulted in a Royal Commission over the death of Colin Irvine, then you might find something.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...n/news-story/a8968c98c93cc9b572929a6ed03485ca

[FONT=&amp]
In 1992 he was sentenced to 19 years jail for a string of rapes which he committed on 13 women in their western suburbs homes between 1987 and 1991.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]He targeted women who were alone in their homes at night, breaking into the properties and raping or indecently assaulting his victims at knifepoint. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

Just found this on Dennis Lyddieth, a Western Suburbs rapist (1987-1991). [/FONT]

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...n/news-story/a8968c98c93cc9b572929a6ed03485ca

[FONT=&amp]

Just found this on Dennis Lyddieth, a Western Suburbs rapist (1987-1991). [/FONT]

Hi b4u that is interesting, especially given he was operating in the area in the CSK and KK vicinity (presumably) not long before CSK was.

However I think the Southside Rapist was a different person again - a different area - I am only relying on a memory from when I was in high school but possibly he had victims in either Belmont/Vic Park/Bentley/Manning/Como areas?

[emoji888] thanks for these links, b4u
I had no previous knowledge of this case.
RGD similar age to BRE, i'm wondering how close they may have been to having ever crossed paths.

Fantastic that those two passing guys actually caught and stopped him in the act. Bravo, absolute heroes!
Charges beyond refutable doubt, eliminating that factor of innocent until proven guilty - yet still the lame, self preserving excuses, although, reading what's reported here about RGD treatment of victims, and I include the male hero, I sense a very strong element of truth in his excuse of "those" needs not being met at home.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...y/news-story/8ff8ee4851c581808c5aaab6da68f6a4
[FONT=&amp]

Dyers the South side rapist
Modis operandi of one of the victims was to first offer them a lift home.[/FONT]

More on Dyers (South Side rapist?)

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/victim-played-dead-while-brutally-raped-20120620-20oai.html

Will we see BRE claiming drug/alcohol issues, marital sexual problems, and self rehab to explain why he committed some of the crimes he is charged with?

[emoji888] you can bet your bottom.
And of defense lawyers, you can tell me over and over that it's their job, but IMO they are the biggest perversion to the course of justice, and I will never, never understand how they are able to sleep at night, but like the vampires they are, perhaps they don't?

Up for parole in only 9 years (2012) another beast back on the streets....really don't understand how you can self rehabilitate yourself from being a rapist. ?.

[emoji888]ditto

[emoji887]

"Will we see BRE claiming drug/alcohol issues, marital sexual problems, and self rehab to explain why he committed some of the crimes he is charged with?[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
"

Unsure - not impossible THOUGH I would like a re-ask one of my previous questions for anyone in here who might be able to find out such stuff (or WAPOL - LOL);

BRE - to me - looks dystonic and a little oedemic - which is a well known symptom of the use of mood stabilizing anti-psychotic medication. Such usage could cause him to stop killing (though not guaranteed).

PS - the 'journo' in that article managed to track down EE - where we hadn't LOL.Wonder what extra resources were used?

PPS - using 'marital sexual problems' as a justification for rape doesn't wash - and shows lack of insight on Dyers part. Sex offenders invariably have issues with "intimate" sex.

Also - I really hope -investigating detectives 'KNOW' how to interview his previous wives!! What patterns to be looking for etc. They can give me a call :)

With respect, what an idiotic thing to say. In WA we have locked up a lot of innocent people - the corollary of that of course is that the real perpetrator remains at large. Besides, how can you punish an offender unless you have first become very sure of their guilt?

Anyway - there was some commentary about the lack of bail at the first mention. He doesn't signify anything. At that stage only the police or a Supreme Court Justice could grant bail. He was before a Magistrate. He will get his chance to make a bail application at the first 'committal' hearing, which is probably a little while away yet because the police will be preparing their brief.

What I can;t understand about this guy BRE is this: Why would a serial killer have a Facebook page? Why would he actually turn up to be photographed receiving prizes from the Mayor, Leader of the Opposition. Does not make any sense to me.

As for the chipped tooth - discussed above - I can well understand why he would not get that attended to. Dental records are not unlike fingerprints. That might be very relevant if the bodies, say, had bite marks or something.

There is a 'Family Partnership' registered in WA to 'B R Edwards & C Geneste' if just google those initials. Not sure what it owned. Would have to dig further.

Business name records transitioned from the States to the Commonwealth (ASIC) in 2012. Before 2012 it was Consumer Protection's Register of Business Names, which changed its name in 2008 from DoCEP (Department of Employment and Consumer Protection).

The 'pop psychology' approach exhibited above about theorising of psychopaths' motives and 'MOs' annoys the greats off me. Yes, we've all watched Silence of the Lanms, and even read a few thrillers - but this does not empirical evidence make. Besides, the Yorkshire Ripper was interviewed several times and dismissed because he did not fit with the boffins'-developed profile.

Just my 20c worth.

Also - if any of the material from which any DNA was obtained was in fact 'missing' for a period of time, I dare say that would be very vulnerable indeed to challenge in a trial (no chain of evidence).

Moreover, DNA is not the 'free kick' many assume.

I would not be expecting a plea of guilty any time soon, or at all.

Do you know when it went on the market and was April 2cd the sold date or settlement date thanks

Up for parole in only 9 years (2012) another beast back on the streets....really don't understand how you can self rehabilitate yourself from being a rapist. ?.

From my experience - I would say ZERO".

But having said that rehab is possible - though our Justice system is not well designed for such things.

As an aside the common use of amphetamines (these days) does add another complicating behavioural layer to offenders of any disposition or inclination. It can obliterate what 'were' predictable and sequential behaviours.

Think about it though...For a whole 48 years that is all we have come up with. 50 Odd people 24 hours a day and that left hand column is it!

Great work Grok. That makes things easier to navigate.
True... It's not a lot of info about him yet, but people that knew him or the family are starting to come out of the woodwork and put some posts up now, which the long term sleuths like yourself can piece together for us newbies to ponder.
As you know BE wasn't a recluse, people knew him, he has had relationships, held a job for 30 years, worked in the community at LAC. The creepy thing is when you look at the timeline you posted, the dates when he allegedly committed some of these attacks are before & during his first relationship. So the posters saying a relationship breakdown etc triggered things cant be correct. He was up to tricks at the age of 19-20, and possibly sooner.
The more information that comes out the more gaps will be filled in your timeline.
As with most people posting on here, it is so close to home, the era and places are familiar to us all.

I have a very low opinion of the legal system. Firstly that it exists to enrich lawyers, aided and abetted by judges who are themselves lawyers. They scratch each others back with the public paying for their privileges. Psychologists take their slice of the action, intruding to minimise sentences.

Responsibilities were shirked when hanging and caning were removed from the statutes. Whenever a new style politician is elected the media labels it as "populism" as though the most popular candidate should not win. Media should do interviews to gauge oublic opinion about executing the CSK but shirks the issue and falls into line and plays the game too.

I tend to agree, but let's not discount the fact that he could be innocent and is indeed innocent until proven guilty.

:facepalm: Jeepers, it would be catastrophic if that turned out to be the case - his life would pretty much be ruined.

"Will we see BRE claiming drug/alcohol issues, marital sexual problems, and self rehab to explain why he committed some of the crimes he is charged with?[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
Unsure - not impossible THOUGH I would like a re-ask one of my previous questions for anyone in here who might be able to find out such stuff (or WAPOL - LOL);
BRE - to me - looks dystonic and a little oedemic - which is a well known symptom of the use of mood stabilizing anti-psychotic medication.

[emoji888] Ding Ding, having trouble with your quote on my post, but in response to your question, and it's JMO, that his noted appearance as dystonic/oedemic could also be due to alcoholism. The blurb on his school year book page likely indicative of him being a seasoned drinker from a very tender age.

[emoji887]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member