Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #9 *ARREST

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had forgotten about the Southside rapist. Certainly the areas Dyer committed the attacks in were south of the river, however I think the term Southside Rapist referred to a perpetrator in the late 1980s, perhaps early 1990s, earlier than Dyers' crimes?
Aroundthecorner - you are correct!!

In fact - when I get time (LOL) I might be able to dig up a long confession of remorse and apology that he wrote and asked me to publish into the public domain. I couldn't do that at the time being as I was employed by MOJ - but if I can find it now on an old HDD I will doso - as it may provide insights for people such as you lot in here who are interested in such things.

His literacy level was not great and he took great efforts to write up his monologue.

Did anyone here go to curtin university in the mid 90s? Want to confirm the format of student email addresses back then.
I didn't attend Curtin, but attended another uni between 1994 and 1998. I had several friends in the Comp. Sci. and Eng. faculty at Curtin. From memory, all undergrads had a @student.curtin.edu.au, and post-grads and faculty staff had @cs.curtin.edu.au addresses.

With respect, what an idiotic thing to say. In WA we have locked up a lot of innocent people - the corollary of that of course is that the real perpetrator remains at large. Besides, how can you punish an offender unless you have first become very sure of their guilt?

Anyway - there was some commentary about the lack of bail at the first mention. He doesn't signify anything. At that stage only the police or a Supreme Court Justice could grant bail. He was before a Magistrate. He will get his chance to make a bail application at the first 'committal' hearing, which is probably a little while away yet because the police will be preparing their brief.

What I can;t understand about this guy BRE is this: Why would a serial killer have a Facebook page? Why would he actually turn up to be photographed receiving prizes from the Mayor, Leader of the Opposition. Does not make any sense to me.

As for the chipped tooth - discussed above - I can well understand why he would not get that attended to. Dental records are not unlike fingerprints. That might be very relevant if the bodies, say, had bite marks or something.

There is a 'Family Partnership' registered in WA to 'B R Edwards & C Geneste' if just google those initials. Not sure what it owned. Would have to dig further.

Business name records transitioned from the States to the Commonwealth (ASIC) in 2012. Before 2012 it was Consumer Protection's Register of Business Names, which changed its name in 2008 from DoCEP (Department of Employment and Consumer Protection).

The 'pop psychology' approach exhibited above about theorising of psychopaths' motives and 'MOs' annoys the greats off me. Yes, we've all watched Silence of the Lanms, and even read a few thrillers - but this does not empirical evidence make. Besides, the Yorkshire Ripper was interviewed several times and dismissed because he did not fit with the boffins'-developed profile.

Just my 20c worth.

We have another conspiracy theorist here, you ask why would he have a facebook account , why would he be photographed who knows how a serial killer thinks what goes through the mind of someone that picks up women and murders them, certainly wouldn't be a reason to dismiss him that's for sure.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Presumed-Guilty-Bret-Christian-ebook/dp/B00EI7AG50

Trawling thru Bret Christian's
https://postnewspapers.com.au/crime-and-justice/ story links[h=1]
Crime and Justice[/h][FONT=&quot]The POST runs regular stories about crime and justice matters, including major murder convictions and related matters. You can see a collection of major articles and related letters here.

I found a review of the Presumed Guilty recent book he wrote https://postnewspapers.com.au/crimeandjustice/cnj59.pdf
https://www.amazon.com.au/Presumed-Guilty-Bret-Christian-ebook/dp/B00EI7AG50 ($7.99 Kindle edition)

When newspaperman Bret Christian stumbles across the heartbreaking true story of Darryl Beamish’s wrongful death sentence for the murder of Melbourne socialite Jillian Brewer, little does he know how the case will take a hold of him and not let go.
Presumed Guilty, the result of a lifetime’s passionate search for the truth, is a groundbreaking and often confronting exploration of how and why justice can go wrong.

From the Cottesloe killings to Lloyd Rayney’s sensational trial, Christian uses famous cases and never-before-published material – such as a serial killer’s riveting confession as well as the author’s own extensive interviews – to build a compelling case against juries, along the way exposing ‘copper’s instinct’ for what it really is.

Bret Christian began his career on Perth’s Daily News, working in Melbourne and Sydney before returning to WA to start his own suburban Post newspapers group at 28. The territories his newspapers service have been the hunting grounds for three separate serial killers.

It will make for some interesting New Year's reading to see what else it has to say on the CSK case.
[/FONT]

I have a very low opinion of the legal system. Firstly that it exists to enrich lawyers, aided and abetted by judges who are themselves lawyers. They scratch each others back with the public paying for their privileges. Psychologists take their slice of the action, intruding to minimise sentences.

Responsibilities were shirked when hanging and caning were removed from the statutes. Whenever a new style politician is elected the media labels it as "populism" as though the most popular candidate should not win. Media should do interviews to gauge public opinion ---- but shirks the issue and falls into line and plays the game too.

[emoji888] yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.
absolutely, cyberhound

[emoji887]

Consider this your list and I am the editor of it. Long term SW I need your help with details I have missed. Anything not confirmed I will make a note at the bottom.

Born 1968
1970s Huntingdale Primary School
1985 Gosnells High School
1985 G Family Mosman Park Restaurant La Petite Cabine
616 Stirling HWY
1986 Telstra Worker
1988 19 February 144 Gay St, Huntingdale EROLL 20 YrsOldWednesday February 17 Huntingdale Attack
1988Julie Cutler (22) Last Seen Monday 20 June 12.30am Hilton Hotel Perth
May/June car tried to run her off Stirling Highway (simply road rage or more sinister?)
Curtin University Graduate
Lived Fremantle
Worked Hilton Hotel
Two-tone grey 1963 Fiat sedan found at Cottesloe in surf
1988 Madora Bay House Purchased - Edwards (Father)
1990 EC and BRE Relationship 1990s
1991 Possible Albert Street Osborne Park BRE & ECKerry Turner (18) Last Seen Sunday 30 June Vic Park - Talking to driver of Blue Datsun
Child Care Worker
Found July 1991 hidden behind a log in bushland in the Canning Dam area
1991 8 Nov Madora Bay EROLLCottesloe Hotel-Lakeway Drive Women Attacked
1991 April 10 Fountain Way Huntingdale Purchase
1992 29 May Madora Bay EROLL
1993 21 January Fountain Way EROLL 25 YrsOld
1994 G family no longer own restaurantSaturday January 1 Claremont Subway Attack - Man drags woman from car - escapes
Two women in different incidences attempted to drag from cars and Subway/Lights
Monday October 31 Princess Rd - Women (31) 2 men in cab tries assault- escapes
1995 BRE & EC Married?Claremont Golf Course - Cab driver tried assault women - escapes
1995 27 YrsOldSunday February 12 Karrakatta Girl (17) Taken from Rowe Park and raped/bashed
1996 December Possible Long Service Leave from Telstra
or Jan 1997 - 3 months or 6 part time leave
Sarah Spiers (18) Last Seen Saturday January 27 2.06 am Stirling HWY
Iona Presentation College
Olympia Business College
BSD Consultants
1996Sunday March 3 2am Church Lane - Women (21) bashed and indecently assaulted
1996Jane Rimmer (23) Last Seen Conti Hotel Sunday June 9 12.04 am
Child Care Worker
Found August 3 near Woolcoot Road Wellard
1997 April 2 BRE & EC sell the Fountain WayCiara Glennon (27) Friday March 14 12.15am Stirling HWY
Lawyer
Found April 3 near track in scrub off Pipidinny Road Eglinton
1998 April 8 10 Fountain Way EROLLLisa Jane Brown (19) Last Seen Monday November 9 Palmerston St Perth 12.30am
Worker
1998 Perth Now - BE Moves in with his family 142? Gay St
1998 Eagles membership with G Family 30 YrsOld
1999 144 Gay St, Huntingdale - Last year on EROLL
2000 344 Acton St Kewdale Purchase VC not his biological childSarah McMahon (20) Last Seen Monday 8 November 5.15pm at Claremont Reticulation Shop
On her way to Bassendean to meet up with "someone"
Her Ford meteor sedan found in Swan Districts Hospital
Phone found Great Northern Highway
2002 144 Gay St, Huntingdale 13 Houses Built
2002 Kewdale-Belmont Area ABN VINCOMM COMMUNICATIONS
2003 144 Gay St, Huntingdale fully developed
2006 BLAC Committee Records & Ranking Officer
2008 40 YrsOld
2009 Registers .com
2013 Received a community service award from the Belmont council
2015 Splits with CG
2016 BRE 48 YrsOld

Not Confirmed

• Worked as a Telstra tech at UWA on and off from 2012 to 2015
  • Went to Curtin dropped out

"What I can;t understand about this guy BRE is this: Why would a serial killer have a Facebook page? Why would he actually turn up to be photographed receiving prizes from the Mayor, Leader of the Opposition. Does not make any sense to me"

Excellent post Moustachio ;-) But doesn't everyone have an FB Page? He said(and gave away) FA on it - and even seemed phobic about being in the public eye.

My guess is that the found FB a necessary evil that he could use to 'stalk' (AKA keeping an eye) on his step-daughter and wife.

The most 'telling' thing I found on his Page was where, when he used that evil clown image for his profile VC said, "Take it down", to which he replied," NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (long line of 'shouting' exclamation marks!

Another thing I've seen no-one on here mention is that VC was involved in the production of some short films whose central topic was murder. One involved a young, attractive girl being stalked and chased through a dark and isolated Bunbury streets and Park.

PS Peeps - I wouldn't take this to mean anything sinister regarding VC who I essentially see as a victim. Certain topics can and may 'resonate' with victims.

Consider this your list and I am the editor of it. Long term SW I need your help with details I have missed. Anything not confirmed I will make a note at the bottom.

Born 1968
1970s Huntingdale Primary School
1985 Gosnells High School
1985 G Family Mosman Park Restaurant La Petite Cabine
616 Stirling HWY
1986 Telstra Worker
1988 19 February 144 Gay St, Huntingdale EROLL 20 YrsOldWednesday February 17 Huntingdale Attack
1988Julie Cutler (22) Last Seen Monday 20 June 12.30am Hilton Hotel Perth
May/June car tried to run her off Stirling Highway (simply road rage or more sinister?)
Curtin University Graduate
Lived Fremantle
Worked Hilton Hotel
Two-tone grey 1963 Fiat sedan found at Cottesloe in surf
1988 Madora Bay House Purchased - Edwards (Father)
1990 EC and BRE Relationship 1990s
1991 Possible Albert Street Osborne Park BRE & ECKerry Turner (18) Last Seen Sunday 30 June Vic Park - Talking to driver of Blue Datsun
Child Care Worker
Found July 1991 hidden behind a log in bushland in the Canning Dam area
1991 8 Nov Madora Bay EROLLCottesloe Hotel-Lakeway Drive Women Attacked
1991 April 10 Fountain Way Huntingdale Purchase
1992 29 May Madora Bay EROLL
1993 21 January Fountain Way EROLL 25 YrsOld
1994 G family no longer own restaurantSaturday January 1 Claremont Subway Attack - Man drags woman from car - escapes
Two women in different incidences attempted to drag from cars and Subway/Lights
Monday October 31 Princess Rd - Women (31) 2 men in cab tries assault- escapes
1995 BRE & EC Married?Claremont Golf Course - Cab driver tried assault women - escapes
1995 27 YrsOldSunday February 12 Karrakatta Girl (17) Taken from Rowe Park and raped/bashed
1996 December Possible Long Service Leave from Telstra
or Jan 1997 - 3 months or 6 part time leave
Sarah Spiers (18) Last Seen Saturday January 27 2.06 am Stirling HWY
Olympia Business College
BSD Consultants
1996Sunday March 3 2am Church Lane - Women (21) bashed and indecently assaulted
1996Jane Rimmer (23) Last Seen Conti Hotel Sunday June 9 12.04 am
Child Care Worker
Found August 3 near Woolcoot Road Wellard
1997 April 2 BRE & EC sell the Fountain WayCiara Glennon (27) Friday March 14 12.15am Stirling HWY
Lawyer
Found April 3 near track in scrub off Pipidinny Road Eglinton
1998 April 8 10 Fountain Way EROLLLisa Jane Brown (19) Last Seen Monday November 9 Palmerston St Perth 12.30am
Worker
1998 Perth Now - BE Moves in with his family 142? Gay St
1998 Eagles membership with G Family 30 YrsOld
1999 144 Gay St, Huntingdale - Last year on EROLL
2000 344 Acton St Kewdale Purchase VC not his biological childSarah McMahon (20) Last Seen Monday 8 November 5.15pm at Claremont Reticulation Shop
On her way to Bassendean to meet up with "someone"
Her Ford meteor sedan found in Swan Districts Hospital
Phone found Great Northern Highway
2002 144 Gay St, Huntingdale 13 Houses Built
2002 Kewdale-Belmont Area ABN VINCOMM COMMUNICATIONS
2003 144 Gay St, Huntingdale fully developed
2006 BLAC Committee Records & Ranking Officer
2008 40 YrsOld
2009 Registers .com
2013 Received a community service award from the Belmont council
2015 Splits with CG
2016 BRE 48 YrsOld

Not Confirmed

• Worked as a Telstra tech at UWA on and off from 2012 to 2015
  • Went to Curtin dropped out

Great work GROK. Greatly appreciated.

You might want to add:

1972 living at the age of 4 with parents in Margaret River caravan park. This has been confirmed by a poster from electoral rolls. Hmmm, humble beginnings.

We have another conspiracy theorist here, you ask why would he have a facebook account , why would he be photographed who knows how a serial killer thinks what goes through the mind of someone that picks up women and murders them, certainly wouldn't be a reason to dismiss him that's for sure.
Refusing to be photographed could cause more attention for him than just shaking hands and getting the award....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Great work GROK. Greatly appreciated.

You might want to add:

1972 living at the age of 4 with parents in Margaret River caravan park. This has been confirmed by a poster from electoral rolls. Hmmm, humble beginnings.

And I think it should be 142 Gay Street, not 144 Gay Street. I had 142 noted in my electoral roll search info and has been confirmed in newspaper article posted on this forum early today.

I have a very low opinion of the legal system. Firstly that it exists to enrich lawyers, aided and abetted by judges who are themselves lawyers. They scratch each others back with the public paying for their privileges. Psychologists take their slice of the action, intruding to minimise sentences. Responsibilities were shirked when hanging and caning were removed from the statutes. Whenever a new style politician is elected the media labels it as "populism" as though the most popular candidate should not win. Media should do interviews to gauge oublic opinion about executing the CSK but shirks the issue and falls into line and plays the game too.

No disrespect intended CyberHound but, "Outrageous"!!

Violence begets violence.

And if we killed them we could learn nothing from them that may help the behavioural body of forensic science.

As I posted here earlier CB sums it up in one of her comments made to me, " Killing us is easy as it puts us out of our misery. Punishment is in being kept alive to be haunted". She also then added, "so we can be studied by people like you"!! LOL.

And many serious offenders of CB's ilk do indeed do the job for themselves (suicide).

I daresay BRE is currently on suicide watch.

Thanks I also wondered how long it was from listing to sale

_______________ [emoji888] Ding Ding, having trouble with your quote on my post, but in response to your question, and it's JMO, that his noted appearance as dystonic/oedemic could also be due to alcoholism. The blurb on his school year book page likely indicative of him being a seasoned drinker from a very tender age. [emoji887]
YES Brevette - agree is also possible - but anti-pscyhotics tend to morph body shape more - which seems to also have happened with BRE.

He'd have to be a 'high functioning' drunk to hold together the kind of life he as leading.

I have a very low opinion of the legal system. Firstly that it exists to enrich lawyers, aided and abetted by judges who are themselves lawyers. They scratch each others back with the public paying for their privileges. Psychologists take their slice of the action, intruding to minimise sentences.

Responsibilities were shirked when hanging and caning were removed from the statutes. Whenever a new style politician is elected the media labels it as "populism" as though the most popular candidate should not win. Media should do interviews to gauge oublic opinion about executing the CSK but shirks the issue and falls into line and plays the game too.

Cut it out, will you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great work Grok. That makes things easier to navigate.
True... It's not a lot of info about him yet, but people that knew him or the family are starting to come out of the woodwork and put some posts up now, which the long term sleuths like yourself can piece together for us newbies to ponder.
As you know BE wasn't a recluse, people knew him, he has had relationships, held a job for 30 years, worked in the community at LAC. The creepy thing is when you look at the timeline you posted, the dates when he allegedly committed some of these attacks are before & during his first relationship. So the posters saying a relationship breakdown etc triggered things cant be correct. He was up to tricks at the age of 19-20, and possibly sooner.
The more information that comes out the more gaps will be filled in your timeline.
As with most people posting on here, it is so close to home, the era and places are familiar to us all.
The events could have occurred during a relationship breakdown. We haven't confirmed when his relationship with EC
brokedown. It has been suggested on here before it might have been 1995...and then the assault/killings started.

In regards to ACR. A simple business names historical search shows that the EDWARDS involved in the business, came much after the CSK incidents.

It is a very common name and one of the co-incidences that often occur in these type of investigations.

It looks more and more likely from other sources to be unrelated but the simple names search you describe shows that the got an ABN set up in 2000. Is that the date you're referring to? Nearly every business had to get an ABN and register for GST in 2000 as that's when the GST started. I don't think this rules out the same people owning it before that. They just didn't need the ABN. If you've got other info on top of that that I couldn't find them I'm happy to stand corrected.

Landgate records use the contract date; not the settlement date.

Incorrect. Landgate records the date on which the Transfer form was lodged at Landgate for registration. This usually happens immediately after Settlement takes place (often the same day).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member