Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the fee is not negotiable depending on the means of the client. Counsel's rate is just whatever his or her rate is.

No, the fee is always negotiable. I know this from personal experience. An example is the Ivan Milat trial which was delayed due to wrangles over Legal Aid funding for his Defence Team. The dispute was eventually resolved after a schedule of fees was NEGOTIATED with his Defence. Pro-bono work is another perfect example. This will be my last comment on this thread or this site.

No, the fee is always negotiable. I know this from personal experience. An example is the Ivan Milat trial which was delayed due to wrangles over Legal Aid funding for his Defence Team. The dispute was eventually resolved after a schedule of fees was NEGOTIATED with his Defence. Pro-bono work is another perfect example. This will be my last comment on this thread or this site.

That's right, Weaver. They ended up getting Andrew Boe from Qld on a negotiated schedule.

There'll be trouble if that is your last post on this site :)

Am I going nuts? My feed shows the beginning of a post from a Tap Dancing Bear beginning "it may be with you staying, you obviously have some knowledge of the legal system which could..." but the post doesn't appear on the thread.

Am I going nuts? My feed shows the beginning of a post from a Tap Dancing Bear beginning "it may be with you staying, you obviously have some knowledge of the legal system which could..." but the post doesn't appear on the thread.

I deleted it , I did not want to offend people

The federation house that I saw on Claremont ghosts videos was imo red brick. Not white. There was no bullnose veranda. It was tile. It was a brick front wall @ waist height for the veranda area. The hydrangea was on the left & the veranda area to the right with the drive on the right again. Some were trying to draw the csk out but I don.t think he replied much except that he said that Dr. P knew more than anyone. Whether that was BRE replying i do not know. So he might have been referring to Dr. P , because he (Dr.P) reconed SS was in Ankatel. He had a spot he was drawn to but due to snakes at the tine did not venture in. It was a blogger named Capisce who said SS was in Parkerville & gave hints where. That blog is hidden from view. Ask the Editor of the Sunday Times to look into it & tell the police about it. Capicse was adamant SS was there (Parkerville), & even said 'That's a fact" I have been to that area. plus with some thick leaf litter here & there you could miss someone by 3 feet. So I am leaning towards a possibility of Ankatel. But there is a phone exchange at #2 Owen rd. BRE would have know of it. So really it's a case of getting on your bike & riding in I guess.
I find this very interesting PCS and have often thought that SS may be in Parkerville. I wonder if that was the CSK responding?

If perhaps SS is in Parkerville, then effectively we have North, South & East locations. Do you think there could be any indication of West and how this would play out, if applicable?

Interesting comment found in the below article in relation to the planning of the D sites and timeframe between abduction and murder:

[FONT=&quot]"Operation Macro detectives told media they believed the controlled killer had used “planned disposal sites”. It was also reported that police believed the bodies of Ciara and Jane were dumped soon after they were abducted from the Claremont nightclub strip."

[/FONT]
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/claremont-serial-killer-taxi-clue-to-ciara-glennons-death/news-story/b80af943b3f4b839a9956cdffd1aa3ab

I find this very interesting PCS and have often thought that SS may be in Parkerville. I wonder if that was the CSK responding?

If perhaps SS is in Parkerville, then effectively we have North, South & East locations. Do you think there could be any indication of West and how this would play out, if applicable?
Julie Cutler? Car was found off of Cottesloe.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Julie Cutler? Car was found off of Cottesloe.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Thanks OSSAAT that is definitely West, I guess the big question is whether JC was connected in any way to the CSK?

There is certainly a connection to Cottesloe if we consider that 2 of the girls had been at the OBH also prior to going missing. In addition, there was the Cottesloe car park abduction, directly looking over the location where JC car was found.

Thanks OSSAAT that is definitely West, I guess the big question is whether JC was connected in any way to the CSK?

There is certainly a connection to Cottesloe if we consider that 2 of the girls had been at the OBH also prior to going missing. In addition, there was the Cottesloe car park abduction, directly looking over the location where JC car was found.
Police have said that they believe Cutler is not connected. Unless the perp was wearing gloves, surely there'd be some DNA inside the car? If there is then obviously not BRE's. I presume they got samples from Dixie when they visited pommy land too. So I'll have to agree with Police at this point, and IMO, there's another suspect.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Police have said that they believe Cutler is not connected. Unless the perp was wearing gloves, surely there'd be some DNA inside the car? If there is then obviously not BRE's. I presume they got samples from Dixie when they visited pommy land too. So I'll have to agree with Police at this point, and IMO, there's another suspect.

In the past WAPOL officers have advised JC's parents that they believe JC to be the CSK's first victim - has their view changed now PeteD?

Re the DNA, do believe that salt water degrades any DNA evidence - this is a layman's view, if there are any experts out there who could clarify would be great.

I do believe there were cigarettes in the ashtray also.

Does anyone know if police ever access DNA that is submitted to Ancestry?
There has discussion around whether familial DNA led the police to BE, and speculation that if a close family member was convicted of a crime recently this may have led them to BE. But is it possible the police already suspected BE, and accessed familial DNA via Ancestry?...
The privacy statement on the Ancestry website indicates that police can indeed request DNA results for from them. Just not sure if this is something Australian police do? and hence may have been how they eventually linked BE to the CSK?... by all accounts his brother TE is an upstanding member of his community and I can't imagine him being in trouble with police.
Also, how close a relative do you need for a familial DNA match?

In relation to my post the other day about a suspicious comment on another forum: I didn't actually mention, assuming people know (but you know what they say about assuming 😜!)... BE's high school nickname was 'Bogsy', and his brother reportedly wrote on this forum that he got that nickname after bogging a car in high school...

Sorry, still learning how to use this site! My comment about BE's nickname was in relation to a post I wrote a few days ago but it didn't reply and quote my earlier comment. Technology ��

Sorry, still learning how to use this site! My comment about BE's nickname was in relation to a post I wrote a few days ago but it didn't reply and quote my earlier comment. Technology ��
No problem XYZ - I remember your comment. You mentioned cigarette butts there other day also. Do you know what the reference to cigarette butts mean?

Long time reader, first time (nervous!) poster!
I turned 18 two weeks after SS went missing. Like many Perth people, the CSKs have always felt too close to home. I was 18, going out for the first time, drinking too much, taking stupid risks. Catching taxis alone, walking home alone... in hindsight I'm so lucky it wasn't my family and friends grieving.

Anyway, that is the background for why I feel so invested in the CSK (incidentally I lived for a year around the corner - on the same block - for a year of where BRE was most recently living. Too close! I was often living alone in that time. And my sister lived 3 doors up from him. Doubly eek).

I've only recently discovered this forum, and have been doing background catch-up reading. Have also been reading another forum (not sure if I'm allowed to name it here? Sorry, still learning the rules!). In 2015 on that 'other forum' someone posted:

"I heard thru the grapevine that CSK was going to attack from the Printing shop, but he bogged his car in a pile of cigarette butts...lol"

In light of the highschool nickname of BRE, is this suspicious that the poster knew something? Or was him? Or just a strange coincidence?

Interested in what people think!
(I got lost along the way catching up on 13 (!!!) threads on WS, but has someone's posts been removed from WS (again, not sure if I can name it) as being suspiciously informed?
Hi XYZ - I have been trying to locate the post you are referring to - is there any way you can post the text as I am having difficulty locating. Thanks!

In the past WAPOL officers have advised JC's parents that they believe JC to be the CSK's first victim - has their view changed now PeteD?

Re the DNA, do believe that salt water degrades any DNA evidence - this is a layman's view, if there are any experts out there who could clarify would be great.

I do believe there were cigarettes in the ashtray also.
Until BRE is charged with it, I'll stay on posting anything about Missing persons BRE hasn't been formally linked to on http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?327387-AUSTRALIA-Perth-missing-murdered-SK-victims for the time being.
de2aebf5e670a1a70b6fe16c3c43835f.jpg

8711aac507cc13ab5fd66e0ea256f68e.jpg
https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/julies-father-wants-an-end-to-familys-pain-ng-b88342268z

Hi XYZ - I have been trying to locate the post you are referring to - is there any way you can post the text as I am having difficulty locating. Thanks!
The quote was:
" I heard thru the grapevine that CSK was going to attack from the Printing shop, but he bogged his car in a pile of cigarette butts...lol"

It struck me as something that may have been written recently (since the arrest of BE) as it seems to link recent information together (in particular, BE's nickname of Bogsy. I'm not sure when it came out that there were cigarette butts in JC's car, or when the police announced there were possible links to screen printing?). But it was posted in 2015, which possibly suggests the poster knew quite a few things! Or it was purely coincidental... 🤔

If you copy and paste the quote into Google it should take you to the forum it was posted on (I'm still not sure if I'm allowed to name the forum here!or if I should as it's a source?!)

The quote was:
" I heard thru the grapevine that CSK was going to attack from the Printing shop, but he bogged his car in a pile of cigarette butts...lol"

It struck me as something that may have been written recently (since the arrest of BE) as it seems to link recent information together (in particular, BE's nickname of Bogsy. I'm not sure when it came out that there were cigarette butts in JC's car, or when the police announced there were possible links to screen printing?). But it was posted in 2015, which possibly suggests the poster knew quite a few things! Or it was purely coincidental... 樂

If you copy and paste the quote into Google it should take you to the forum it was posted on (I'm still not sure if I'm allowed to name the forum here!or if I should as it's a source?!)
Thanks Xyz :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members