Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do NOT try to out the identity of a Verified Insider. Any further attempts to do so will result in temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

I don't totally disagree with you except I see none of those locations you mention as safer from the CSK's point of view to take the victims. I have often wondered "why Claremont" and I couldn't really put faith in the theories about him " having it in for the upper class" or "working at UWA" etc. I think the link with the KK rape victim puts Karrakatta squarely in focus for the murder location for all three missing/murdered victims and the reason he struck in nearby Claremont.

The first reason KK stands out as the location he took the victims is Familiarity. He'd been there before (allegedly) and had been successful in getting away with it. The location wasn't risky, but the 'leaving the victim alive there' part was.

Secondly, the chance of disturbance. I would say, beaches and river foreshores are poor choices because of fishermen (as you said) and some who like to go down there at night for odd reasons. People also often pull in to beach carparks to 'get high' before going to bed for the night or, if they'd "pulled" for the night, they'd park up for a bit of action. UWA, Kings Park would be out of the question IMO on this basis and the parks also had the risk of possible night functions e.g. hired them for parties etc.

Thirdly I would say the distance from the pickup location would have been very important. In a station wagon, as I said in a previous post, he would be very paranoid to be pulled over by the police with a living, moving victim. If the police pulled him over, it'd be hard to conceal a moving body in the back. KK is just a few backstreets away from the pickup location, unlike other locations you mentioned, such as the beaches, it's hard to see them being more convenient than KK.

Fourthly, Ease of access/exit. With numerous entrances, it could be conceived to be an ideal place because, unlike others there's plenty of entries he can take. If he was nervous because he'd had a car drive past on one occasion near, let's say Government rd entrance he could always pull around to the Smythe Rd entrance or Railway Rd.

Lastly I'd put the risk of the vehicle being spotted while parked in the mind of the CSK. McGilvray Park and other locations, while most likely very quiet at night, may have had the odd car driving nearby or the perceived risk in the CSK's mind. Assuming he's killing them there, the location would have to be one where the car can be parked out of any potential sight.

Overall I think the key factor here is, assuming the KK rape was done by the CSK, the familiarity and success he'd had there makes this the obvious choice for him over new, untested locations. I would suspect if he'd used another location it would have been because he got spooked on the way to KK and had to find an alternative.
I think it's also because of spook factor. The clown pic on his profile suggests he gets off on fear. What can possibly be more scary than a cemetery?!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I think it's also because of spook factor. The clown pic on his profile suggests he gets off on fear. What can possibly be more scary than a cemetery?!

I agree

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The police reported a familial link which as you would know is not 100% conclusive. And it will struggle to stand the rigours of our court process, IMO

Dont believe everything you read in a newspaper, especially if it starts with, it is understood, that's their out if it is incorrect. Oh imo

All a familial link does is show that there is a close DNA match and depending on how much of the profile matches determines how likely a family member could be the perp. I read a case recently where police got a familial DNA red flag (let's call it red flag because it's not actually a match yet) and chased down this guy's whole family only to discover it was someone unrelated.

The first thing we have to consider is whether the media is accurate in reporting a familial match. As an insider, would you happen to know this information?

Also, familial match or not, police DNA tested Brad soon after arrest, charged him soon after and he's still in the chokey. While no certainty, it does indicate there could be a direct DNA match. Do you have any inside information pertaining to this?

By 1996 /1997 BRE is a'' Ten Year Man' " with Telstra and all that that entails, with seniority superannuation, training and promotion , annual and long service leave, and job security.
By this time he has likely decided he will stay with the Company until retirement.
I daresay he loves his job, and identifies through it with acquaintances, and family -particularly his father who's footsteps he followed into the role.
So for him to start using the " Company Car " in his abductions is a major step up in risk taking and being linked to crimes he is committing.
Although to a major extent the station wagon can be regarded as "his " personal vehicle, there is always the chance that he will need to carry Telstra employees as passengers,, or others will drive it when he is absent from work, and the vehicle will be regularly serviced and inspected. So there needs to be no discernible sign of what has occurred inside, post crime.
Police have suggested that the CSK did some sort of" washing out" of his vehicle at the locations where his victims bodies were found.
This would tend to suggest he is aware of forensic procedures AS THEY STOOD AT THE TIME and conscious of not leaving evidence on his victims, or in the car. Making a significant pre-planned effort not to get caught. His liberty and his livelihood depend on it. I think we will find out that the CSK whoever he may be was quite a forensically aware, crafty and calculating criminal.
All JMO and theory.

If if you really 100% think that the police have their man then why continue to comment on this site at all.

The purpose of this site is to try and solve horrible crimes against people, if you truly believe it solved move one.

Cant wait for the trolls.

thanks.
There's a difference between "think" and "know". I think the probability skews towards Brad being guilty but I don't know this. As far as I'm concerned he is innocent until proven guilty but in saying that I reserve my right to have an opinion - an opinion that may change as more information becomes available.

I've read a few of your posts and you strongly believe he is innocent. That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I'm more than happy for you to try and convince me that police have the wrong man (I'm open minded just as you are). Given you are an insider you would know more than me and perhaps you can shed some light on the case.

I strongly believe in our legal system and hope that Brad gets a fair trial. The onus is on the prosecution to prove beyond reasonable doubt, otherwise a defendant must be determined not guilty.

I don't think it was degraded. It only degrades if exposed to harsh elements. I just don't think they had the technology back then. It predates even gel methods. I think it's back when they did ABO.

If it was a semen stain they'd have plenty of DNA.

It's the DNA from CG that may have been a problem. News says it was taken from her body. Harsh elements over 3 weeks of not being found would have caused a lot of degradation. Depending on where they found it. If we assume it was from her genital area then that's the first place decomposition happens because of bacterial activity.

Again....We'll have to wait and see.

I think it may come down to how it was stored too. Cross contamination and mould are possibilities, but even so to have the LCN DNA match 3 times! I'm assuming DNA won't be questioned by anyone but the defence, who will be grasping at straws to create reasonable doubt.

And so we wait...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A really perplexing question. Could it just be his really unique/specific MO rather than DNA or car seat fibres?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another possibility is the printshop ink.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hay true blueif it is a true blue
the boys in blue will never live this one down
no silver fox to fix things

Hello everyone, Trueblue2017 is now a verified insider in this case.

Please treat Trueblue2017 with respect.

Trueblue2017does not need to provide links to his posts and it's up to you whether to believe what Trueblue2017 posts or not.

Thank you.

Coldpizza
WS Administrator
Well done Trueblue

was BRE set up ,its worth looking at, every thing else has been gone over countless times
who would set BRE up
1 telstra worker with a grudge
2 police
3 cross contamination of DNA
4 DNA came from innocent contact

A really perplexing question. Could it just be his really unique/specific MO rather than DNA or car seat fibres?

in any criminal matter, we're all keen to know how police arrived at their man, and much as it is frustrating to be kept in the dark, the investigative reasoning is fully understandable both throughout the course of an investigation, and also once a matter has been finalised ... to divulge all strategy would ultimately only lead to smarter perpetrators who are more able to avoid detection.

it's JMO - in the absence of dna evidence in JR's case, the connection would most likely be found within MO (ie.specific injuries unique to both girls) and as these details have never been made public, a copy cat situation can be ruled out ... which would leave 'coincidence', the likelihood of which would be relative to the uniqueness of those injuries.
there may also be other forensic evidence we're not privy to, such as toxicology reports ... and yes, other forensic evidence such as the car fibres and the ink would definitely serve to connect the cases.

all i can say is that police would definitely want to know what they were on about before actually making such an arrest and charging someone, because if were later found to have jumped the gun and gone in half cocked, NO amount of compensation could possibly undo personal damages.

[emoji887]

A walk in the forest with Ivan Milat!

was BRE set up ,its worth looking at, every thing else has been gone over countless times
who would set BRE up
1 telstra worker with a grudge
2 police
3 cross contamination of DNA
4 DNA came from innocent contact
And of course the unlikely possibility that the real CSK has access to the exhibits, knew the accused, and was able to plant the accused DNA before they were retested.

I'm sure the Defence will go through that with a fine comb and probably call everyone who ever worked in Exhibit Management, and the Chem Centre, after reading the Post article to call anyone who worked there when the evidence allegedly went missing for a period of time.
c55fad80b2ab47eb71c51f1d51d1f62b.jpg
da9e212f3cdd0500518cae246027fda8.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Trueblue 2017
Congrats on becoming a VI! Had a feeling it might head that way after rereading some posts of yours last night
Is there a reason you and others haven't spoken to media about BREs innocence?

Its been awfully quiet with this whole case in the news in general which is so odd .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member