Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What an incredibly accurate description..."cancer of the soul". PTSD is a nightmare. Some days I just don't want to do it anymore

Are u ok?
Are u getting some help?

Wow this thread certainly has some sting lately. 'Stuff' is surfacing for many of us. We all have our different reasons for following this thread. Hope everyone stays safe.

And especially you Weaver.
Just know that this too will pass.
Sending a hug over to you.

A u ok?
A u getting some help?

Wow this thread certainly has some sting lately. 'Stuff' is surfacing for many of us. We all have our different reasons for following this thread. Hope everyone stays safe.

BBM

So true, Spooks. We all come with our own pain and are drawn for inner reasons.

I feel to share Lifeline's phone number. The most beautiful people are on the end of the phone line, just waiting to help and journey alongside people. 13 11 14.

If anyone's struggling, don't try to deal with it alone. There's no shame in asking for help.:grouphug:

The amounts available under the Criminal Injuries Compensation act have gone up each time the act is reviewed but are still pathetic. The perpetrator doesn't have to have been charged it is assessed on the grounds of probability. If the person is charged and convicted it is an easier pathway. A person could then take a civil action with a good chance of winning, the CIC amount would be taken from the amount of compensation and amounts are usually awarded to the level of previous similar claims. Should a person refuse an out of court settlement and push on only to be awarded a similar amount to that offer the applicant can have the other parties extra legal costs deducted from the payment. Problem is that the procedure extends the trauma and delays reaching the point of moving on which for some people is never.

There is (or at least used to be) also legal aid available which is not necessarily just for legal costs. From my experience, I think victims financial needs are met but that doesn't make you feel any better about things.

Lifeline is great, and yes thanks I am getting help now.. Medication and CBT which is a godsend.

<3

Hey "Spooks", you've changed your avatar, where's the naughty Einstein gone? And now you have that big red button I keep getting you confused with Petedavo, you look like his BIG BROTHER!! LOL

Sorry Lampy! I just needed a change of image! lol

....and maybe I am BIG BROTHER?

How's your new car? Ford Fiesta right? Red? ....nahhhhh just kidding.....

Sending you love and light :heartbeat::candle:

BBM

I feel to share Lifeline's phone number. The most beautiful people are on the end of the phone line, just waiting to help and journey alongside people. 13 11 14.

If anyone's struggling, don't try to deal with it alone. There's no shame in asking for help.:grouphug:

Thank you SO much MsAnais for sharing that phone number. I've just come back online and seen the responses from our wonderful Weaver, and SN76 and Spooks and was thinking that we need to do something right now for our WS friends who are hurting, and that number is the perfect thing to do! It's the wounded ones that make the best healers and I think everyone on here is wounded in some way/hurt by an injustice in some way, and wants to help this case, wants to help heal all the people who've been crushed by it. The CSK murders/rapes/attacks has been, and is, so shockingly vile and it seems our whole State and country are outraged by the cruelty of it. No accidents that we are all together on here at this time, and united in wanting to bring justice to this awful case that has become so much a part of our lives for all these years. That number again: 13 11 14, as MsAnais said, very gentle, kind people will be waiting for you.

Sorry Lampy! I just needed a change of image! lol

....and maybe I am BIG BROTHER?

How's your new car? Ford Fiesta right? Red? ....nahhhhh just kidding.....

Sending you love and light :heartbeat::candle:

Creeping me out Spooks, I mean BB, I do have a little red car!!! :)

Creeping me out Spooks, I mean BB, I do have a little red car!!! :)

Really?? OMG!!!
So sorry if I spooked you Lampy - that wasn't my intention....
I was just being silly pretending to be Big Brother!!!!

You're having me on right now? Surely?

If you're joking with me now Lampy - well played Hun.
[emoji471][emoji307]

Edit: BTW ......logical explanation: most women have smaller [emoji594] cars, and red is a common car colour. Bingo!

Really?? OMG!!!
So sorry if I spooked you Lampy - that wasn't my intention....
I was just being silly pretending to be Big Brother!!!!

You're having me on right now? Surely?

If you're joking with me now Lampy - well played Hun.
[emoji471][emoji307]

Edit: BTW ......logical explanation: most women have smaller [emoji594] cars, and red is a common car colour. Bingo!

BINGO! Not joking Spooks, you really are spookier than you think!!!

Thank you SN76 and great description of depression! I always say people relate so kindly, and want to help if you were to tell them you have cancer (or ...... insert 90% of other dis - eases), but if you say "I have depression" (or any other mental health issue), most run a mile away! You sound as if you truly understand the illness and have it under control, if it is yourself that has/is suffering. I don't need to know of course, I just want to say, good on you for coming on here and speaking about it. YOU have helped someone today by coming on here. We nearly lost my husband's brother to severe depression. Brilliant University Lecturer and pioneer of computer programing with huge world wide company. It hit him in the most bizarre way and none of us knew he was suffering till he almost succeeded in leaving us! After much treatment from professionals and taking time out at retreats, he started to come back to us, and we saw his smile returning and, miracle of miracles, his sense of humour! He now sings too with a large choir (over 150 people) in Melbourne for people who have (or are still) recovering from mental illness, just glorious to see him up there and sending us videos of his pop up concerts bringing joy to so many people! Mental illness does not discriminate, all ages, all walks of life, from princes/princesses to paupers! Perhaps the more we understand it, the less these horrible crimes like CSK will happen.

Sorry, I just reread this and it sounds like my brother in law OWNED a huge world wide company, he was a pioneer programmer working for a huge company. Thought I'd clarify that. Otherwise it might sound like I married the wrong brother!! Only joking!

BBM

Thanks for sharing this ..... so many times in these cases there are things that are triggers for people.

In every day life I try to ask people are you ok, or sometimes just make some biscuits and drop them around. One day in the supermarket there was a young mum her little boy was going nuts and screaming. People where doing the "look" we left the supermarket at the same time she had tears in her eyes, I just quietly said to her, my youngest use to do that in the supermarket at times, dont let it bother you to much they grow out of it in time. She stopped and turned to me and said thank you, you have no idea how much that means to me.

Thanks for sharing this ..... so many times in these cases there are things that are triggers for people.

In every day life I try to ask people are you ok, or sometimes just make some biscuits and drop them around. One day in the supermarket there was a young mum her little boy was going nuts and screaming. People where doing the "look" we left the supermarket at the same time she had tears in her eyes, I just quietly said to her, my youngest use to do that in the supermarket at times, dont let it bother you to much they grow out of it in time. She stopped and turned to me and said thank you, you have no
idea how much that means to me.

Yep, it's the little things that matter. Little for you to do BUT massive meaning for the recipient.

Are u ok?
Are u getting some help?

I think the fact that some of these things are surfacing is testament to the kindness and respect shown by most posters on this forum. Even though we are anonymous, it still takes a level of trust to be able to relate some very personal experiences. These experiences make us who we are and give us insight into human nature.

A hug is a great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I hope BRE's stepdaughter and family are receiving the support and understanding they need from the people around them.

There is (or at least used to be) also legal aid available which is not necessarily just for legal costs. From my experience, I think victims financial needs are met but that doesn't make you feel any better about things.

No it doesn't make you feel any better it's more about accountability Criminal Injury Payments are scrutinised. And regarding the dr I have previously mentioned, I suggested to everyone that contacted me to put in a claim so even if they weren't successful there would be a record of it all. I believe the government put aside a fund and about 70 people put in claims with around 40 getting a small payment of between 2,500 and 12,000 then people got letters saying they were believed about the assault but they weren't thought to have been psychologically harmed so they wouldn't be getting a payment. At least it brought the subject into the spotlight and in the new Medical act it is now called sexual abuse not hidden away under "medical malpractice".

Well, I hope BRE's stepdaughter and family are receiving the support and understanding they need from the people around them.

I think it'd be very difficult for the people around them to understand what they're going through. I imagine thoughts are changing rapidly from day to day as they process it all. It's an awful lot to process. And I don't think this is a situation anyone close to them would have been through before, not even close. I hope police have not forgotten them & have offered some professional support if they want it.

In every day life I try to ask people are you ok, or sometimes just make some biscuits and drop them around. One day in the supermarket there was a young mum her little boy was going nuts and screaming. People where doing the "look" we left the supermarket at the same time she had tears in her eyes, I just quietly said to her, my youngest use to do that in the supermarket at times, dont let it bother you to much they grow out of it in time. She stopped and turned to me and said thank you, you have no idea how much that means to me.

Brilliant Adrianna! Random act of kindness. If we feel these little "tugs" to stop and say something or do something we should go with it, as it will surely create a "spirit filled" moment for both parties! Wonderful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member