Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it doesn't make you feel any better it's more about accountability Criminal Injury Payments are scrutinised. And regarding the dr I have previously mentioned, I suggested to everyone that contacted me to put in a claim so even if they weren't successful there would be a record of it all. I believe the government put aside a fund and about 70 people put in claims with around 40 getting a small payment of between 2,500 and 12,000 then people got letters saying they were believed about the assault but they weren't thought to have been psychologically harmed so they wouldn't be getting a payment. At least it brought the subject into the spotlight and in the new Medical act it is now called sexual abuse not hidden away under "medical malpractice".

Good for you JanWa! That took a lot of courage and you were obviously seen as a leader for these poor people. Terrible how little they got in compensation and the ones who just got those pathetically inadequate letters, well I can't imagine how they'd feel - betrayed by the system I suppose, as you'd all feel really. But at least there was some good come out of so much bad, as the new law might just make some of these so called "doctors" think twice about carrying out their sick desires!

I think it'd be very difficult for the people around them to understand what they're going through. I imagine thoughts are changing rapidly from day to day as they process it all. It's an awful lot to process. And I don't think this is a situation anyone close to them would have been through before, not even close. I hope police have not forgotten them & have offered some professional support if they want it.

Yes, they need professional help.

Just putting it out there...here's information regarding FREE consultations available through your local GP's referral, in case anyone needs it. I have used this service, never thought I'd need it, but my work with foster kids was so harrowing I had 6 sessions with the most amazing counsellor in the Perth hills. The first 3 sessions I cried for the entire session, and she just talked softly to me and let me do this, didn't shut me down, incredibly sweet woman. AND, you know how these things happen to me, she just happened to have been a foster carer herself for years, even adopted the boy, and had such similar experiences, it was very powerful. She even looked like me, could have been sisters, just another normal day really! So I'd say to anyone who thinks they'd like to just try even one session, do it, book it, it won't cost you anything. :)

[h=2]What Medicare services can be provided under the Better Access initiative?[/h]Medicare rebates are available for up to ten individual and ten group allied mental health services per calendar year to patients with an assessed mental disorder who are referred by:
  • A GP managing the patient under a GP Mental Health Treatment Plan or
  • Under a referred psychiatrist assessment and management plan or
  • A psychiatrist or paediatrician.
BBM
http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/content/mental-ba-fact-pat

Absolutely agree that is terrible payment & even worse is those comments. So I take back my comment Janwa, hopefully my case isn't the only one where someone felt they were generous though. I'm sorry for not explaining what it was... it's actually not off topic for this site but I think it breaks rules.

Really?? OMG!!!
So sorry if I spooked you Lampy - that wasn't my intention....
I was just being silly pretending to be Big Brother!!!!

You're having me on right now? Surely?

If you're joking with me now Lampy - well played Hun.
[emoji471][emoji307]

Edit: BTW ......logical explanation: most women have smaller [emoji594] cars, and red is a common car colour. Bingo!
My car is big and black haha.

I have mentioned this before, however just wondering if anyone has any views or further info on it?

The below article mentions that Mr Ross picked up SS in his taxi the night before she disappeared and mentions that "she got into a taxi with two strangers, one really drunk girl and a bloke, who hopped in at the last minute:"

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...t/news-story/2ee1d8937ad7499c2ed91edb39af5a1a

Is it possible that this was perhaps the accused BRE and was his first contact with SS?

I have mentioned this before, however just wondering if anyone has any views or further info on it?

The below article mentions that Mr Ross picked up SS in his taxi the night before she disappeared and mentions that "she got into a taxi with two strangers, one really drunk girl and a bloke, who hopped in at the last minute:"

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...t/news-story/2ee1d8937ad7499c2ed91edb39af5a1a

Is it possible that this was perhaps the accused BRE and was his first contact with SS?

Surely WAPOL followed this lead years ago???

While it is possible that SS was in his taxi the night before there is just as much possibility that she wasn't, he could be outright lying just for the attention or completely mistaken thinking another girl he had picked up was SS. I'd like some kind of confirmation from friends or family that she was even out the night before, before I delved into if she was in the taxi and the possibility of BRE being their also. theorizing that she was in fact in the taxi the night before IMO the guy was not BRE, He had plans of maybe murder, but at least rape, he wouldn't allow witnesses to place him in connection with (potential) victims.

While it is possible that SS was in his taxi the night before there is just as much possibility that she wasn't, he could be outright lying just for the attention or completely mistaken thinking another girl he had picked up was SS. I'd like some kind of confirmation from friends or family that she was even out the night before, before I delved into if she was in the taxi and the possibility of BRE being their also. theorizing that she was in fact in the taxi the night before IMO the guy was not BRE, He had plans of maybe murder, but at least rape, he wouldn't allow witnesses to place him in connection with (potential) victims.
Good point, thanks CSK?

I have been thinking about the information left by tapdancingbear about there maybe something to what Droc said. So wondered if the drunk may have been Michelle. I have gone back trying to work out what Droc was actually saying but he seemed to mostly be accusing police of corruption or incompetence. I can't find if he actually had any useful info but I haven't read all that much so far.

EDIT: Perhaps SR info was a bit warped because his girlfriend died when police picked him up. I personally think it was a group thing though.

SNAP again! I just downloaded some stuff from this website and was musing over it all as the fact that the guy "pushed Sarah out of the taxi" what, a stranger put his hands on her and pushed her out??? I underlined and bolded things that seemed to jump out at me.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases-int/1565dfwau.html

"Hesaid he remembered picking her up in his taxi the night before she disappeared,on Australia Day, 1996. He told the police they should be looking for a fellowpassenger, a man who had shared the taxi with Ms Spiers. The man did notappear to know her. Another woman, also a stranger, had "doubledup" in the cab that night. After he dropped the second woman in Dalkeith, he had taken the man and Ms Spiers to theWindsor Hotel, in South Perth. Theman had pushed Ms Spiers out of the cab then paid the fare."

Very strange..... So thanks Spinnaker because I wondered last night why I had to keep this information as I was looking at all sorts of stuff about the case from way back, but I only kept this!

SNAP again! I just downloaded some stuff from this website and was musing over it all as the fact that the guy "pushed Sarah out of the taxi" what, a stranger put his hands on her and pushed her out??? I underlined and bolded things that seemed to jump out at me.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases-int/1565dfwau.html

"Hesaid he remembered picking her up in his taxi the night before she disappeared,on Australia Day, 1996. He told the police they should be looking for a fellowpassenger, a man who had shared the taxi with Ms Spiers. The man did notappear to know her. Another woman, also a stranger, had "doubledup" in the cab that night. After he dropped the second woman in Dalkeith, he had taken the man and Ms Spiers to theWindsor Hotel, in South Perth. Theman had pushed Ms Spiers out of the cab then paid the fare."

Very strange..... So thanks Spinnaker because I wondered last night why I had to keep this information as I was looking at all sorts of stuff about the case from way back, but I only kept this!

If the guy in the taxi was BRE, maybe SR can identify him.

Oh my Lord yes, why would they give permission for an obviously VERY unstable person (26 years in prison, now that's for major crime/s) access to phones and the internet? Who makes these decisions, just incredible. Stay safe Nickerz86! :)

I know its a bit of a worry, it took 4 of us to call Gray lands before they took the access away from him, apparently he had "rights" I thought that was pretty stupid! thanks I will most defiantly stay safe, at least until 2034 when he is up for parole, I doubt they will let him out though.

Just concerning payouts - in context - the generation of Aboriginal people who were essentially slaves in that they worked on various cattle stations etc and never got paid: The government set aside a cap of $2,000 compensation, for, in some cases, decades of work. Nobody seemed to get particularly outraged about that. The government just bet that nobody cared. They were basically right.

Criminal lawyers I know tell me that whenever they go to Hakea prison they usually see BRE with at least 2 visitors ...

If the guy in the taxi was BRE, maybe SR can identify him.

Reading this article, I noticed this: "[FONT=LiberationSerifRegular, Times New Roman, Times, serif]“Police seized Weygers off the street, took him to police headquarters and then drove him to his house in Claremont, an old home he inherited from his mum. Surprise, the world’s media was waiting for him and the police publicly searched his house, [/FONT]climbed on his roof, removed tiles[FONT=LiberationSerifRegular, Times New Roman, Times, serif] and dug in the spot behind his garage,” Mr Christian said."[/FONT]

[FONT=LiberationSerifRegular, Times New Roman, Times, serif]I also noticed that police were removing tiles and examining the roof guttering at Kewdale & Huntingdale properties of BRE.

They are quite interested in roofs, aren't they?

Is it usual to remove roof tiles etc when searching a home? I've never heard of that before.
[/FONT]

Just concerning payouts - in context - the generation of Aboriginal people who were essentially slaves in that they worked on various cattle stations etc and never got paid: The government set aside a cap of $2,000 compensation, for, in some cases, decades of work. Nobody seemed to get particularly outraged about that. The government just bet that nobody cared. They were basically right.

Wow, that's just outrageous :facepalm:

Reading this article, I noticed this: "[FONT=LiberationSerifRegular, Times New Roman, Times, serif]“Police seized Weygers off the street, took him to police headquarters and then drove him to his house in Claremont, an old home he inherited from his mum. Surprise, the world’s media was waiting for him and the police publicly searched his house, [/FONT]climbed on his roof, removed tiles[FONT=LiberationSerifRegular, Times New Roman, Times, serif] and dug in the spot behind his garage,” Mr Christian said."[/FONT]

[FONT=LiberationSerifRegular, Times New Roman, Times, serif]I also noticed that police were removing tiles and examining the roof guttering at Kewdale & Huntingdale properties of BRE.

They are quite interested in roofs, aren't they?

Is it usual to remove roof tiles etc when searching a home? I've never heard of that before.
[/FONT]

Could just be to allow more light and ventilation to allow a decent internal search of the roof space

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members