Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:rolleyes: Of course not. I was on the message boards a few threads ago, and people were discussing the results of her search but nobody could access the poem as it wasn't published online. I found it recently, and thought I'd share. :facepalm:

Thanks for sharing Lerner - I too had tried to search for this poem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK Spooks - my theory (I've just spent the day at the Lloyd Rayney Defamation Trial) today - loads of time to think. After BRE 2nd marriage breakup - BRE returns to drink at the Claremont Hotel (for chit/chat as I'm positive he's a loner). I'm unsure if he can handle his booze - and he makes a few weird comments and a patron/staff call the Police about this "odd" male; and upon checking the CCTV - they, ask the Hotel - do you happen to have the glass BRE was drinking from - and BINGO (DNA) ?
Since it's a slow news day, and you were interested enough to go along to the Trial. You probably saw Raelene's bid for a suppression order fail.
https://thewest.com.au/news/crime/l...e-sister-raelene-johnston-fails-ng-b88416283z

In her brother's murder trial she only managed to get a partial suppression order... for her workplace at the time (2012). Why grant a suppression order for her workplace being reported you ask?
154b6a7763656e1df71ec03b55179e0b.jpg
via PerthNow. http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/lloyd-sad-but-poker-faced-rayney-20120911-25qbe.html

But then, the WA Government's media office went and posted this last year (2016) when she was appointed at a Magistrate, which clearly showed where she worked in the period covered by her brother's murder trial in 2012...
fcac41753f453123124b25a5331c9027.jpg
via WA Government's media office https://www.mediastatements.wa.gov.au/Pages/Barnett/2016/07/New-appointments-to-WAs-judiciary.aspx

I wonder if the WA Government's media office press release was in contempt of the suppression order, or if the order had expired? Either way, Raelene hadn't had a squabble with the press release, so it must be OK for the Minister's office to of divulged that she was working at the Directorate of Public Prosecutions.

Or maybe Judge Martin's order wasn't a full blown suppression order, as such.
However, if it wasn't, why did the WA Law Society cull the workplace details from their version of the press release?
https://www.lawsocietywa.asn.au/news/law-society-welcomes-new-judicial-appointments/

OK Spooks - my theory (I've just spent the day at the Lloyd Rayney Defamation Trial) today - loads of time to think. After BRE 2nd marriage breakup - BRE returns to drink at the Claremont Hotel (for chit/chat as I'm positive he's a loner). I'm unsure if he can handle his booze - and he makes a few weird comments and a patron/staff call the Police about this "odd" male; and upon checking the CCTV - they, ask the Hotel - do you happen to have the glass BRE was drinking from - and BINGO (DNA) ?

Full points Eaglette for having a go!
But there's just a couple of corrections to your theory that I'd like to suggest:
- The Claremont (and most pubs) are full of odd people that often can't handle their alcohol and make weird comments. Where would one start if calling cops to report a weirdo?!!
- Patrons are generally not interested in calling police re weirdos. Patrons either say something to the weirdo, complain to bar staff or security bouncers about the weirdo, leave the pub, or worst case scenario, not return to same pub.
- nowadays with RSA regulations, unattended glassware is collected promptly by glassies and cleaned quickly in washer so glasses have ample time to cool down before returning into circulation. So it's very unlikely that any staff could locate the specific glass used by any one patron. Virtually impossible unless glass was directly pulled from patron's own hand or if glass picked up by cops the instant the glass leaves the patron's hands.
- typically WAPOL don't respond to phone calls with reports of weirdo patrons at pubs. In my experience, cops usually only visit pubs when someone's been severely injured, or there's a massive fight involving lots of patrons!
- and if patrons did complain to staff about another patron acting weird, the security bouncers would deal with the situation and if necessary and warranted, evict the troublesome patron themselves.

Now I'm adding these suggestions as per what I've observed in Perth Pubs. So all JMO......

Interesting Wikipedia webpage on interview and interrogation techniques used by LE.
Especially section referring to interrogation of psychopaths:

"The importance of allowing the psychopathic interviewee to tell one lie after another and not confront until all of the lies have been presented is essential when the goal is to use the interview to expose the improbable statements made during the interview in future court proceedings...."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interrogation

Edit: I am NOT implicitly implying that the alleged CSK BRE is a psychopath. Just posted link for interest's sake.

Perth in 2006; 99% of the population would have said it would be impossible for Ben Cousins to be in jail at Hakea with the CSK.

It confuses me that he has entered no pleas. If you were innocent you would plead not guilty immediately would you not? Entering no plea suggests guilt to me, are they waiting to see what evidence they have.
All just moo, I'm not an expert on how the law works, but entering no plea kind of says a lot to me.

Or were they waiting for a deal maybe to plead guilty to lesser charges or something.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Or were they waiting for a deal maybe to plead guilty to lesser charges or something.

There will not be lesser charges on the murders, any other charges it will make no difference
to lessen them.... The reason you do not plead guilty to serious crime immediately is that your guilty plea is the only bargaining chip you have to get better conditions inside ... the deal being made from the prosecution side is for the offender to admit to all related crimes ... but you can only do this if you are guilty of all related crimes , because you have to provide proof you committed them .

You can change your plea at anytime , for minor offences it is best to plead guilty ASAP as it usually results in a lesser sentence ,for major crimes you hold out as long as possible because it makes no difference to your sentence , and the basic principal of our law is that You are Innocent until Proven Guilty .... you do not have to prove your innocence ...the law has to prove your guilt

There will not be lesser charges on the murders, any other charges it will make no difference
to lessen them.... The reason you do not plead guilty to serious crime immediately is that your guilty plea is the only bargaining chip you have to get better conditions inside ... the deal being made from the prosecution side is for the offender to admit to all related crimes ... but you can only do this if you are guilty of all related crimes , because you have to provide proof you committed them .

You can change your plea at anytime , for minor offences it is best to plead guilty ASAP as it usually results in a lesser sentence ,for major crimes you hold out as long as possible because it makes no difference to your sentence , and the basic principal of our law is that You are Innocent until Proven Guilty .... you do not have to prove your innocence ...the law has to prove your guilt

Agree, surely there is no deal. If BRE is indeed guilty we are talking about the most infamous killer in the history of Perth, not to mention at the very least two murders, one rape and one attempted rape.

So do you think the upcoming court case on 29th is for how he will plead? Then do we have to wait another period of time till the trial starts. I would have thought they would be pushing for a conviction before the year is out.

So do you think the upcoming court case on 29th is for how he will plead? Then do we have to wait another period of time till the trial starts. I would have thought they would be pushing for a conviction before the year is out.

He should plead not guilty and make the prosecution prove the case... he has nothing to lose doing this... if he pleads guilty nobody has to prove anything and you cannot take back a guilty plea... once you say it thats it .... but nobody know what is happening behind the scenes ....either side could ask for an adjournment ... although he would be unlikely to get one ... the prosecution however may think there is more evidence to be found

Just to give people something to think about , BRE has been charged with 2 murders ... if he does not get charged with and convicted of a 3rd murder there is no CSK ... People will have spent the last 20years talking about someone who does not exist

Some more BRE web sites?
http://userexp.net/ip/117.55.227.94
WhatWouldKarlDo.com really?
Is this an obvious reference to the WA Police Commissioner, Karl O'Callaghan?

BRE lived near Karl, and Karl 's son might've gone to BLAC when he was little, and maybe therefore BRE had made Karl's acquaintance, but why ask what would Karl do? Anyway, BRE now knows, I suppose.

He should plead not guilty and make the prosecution prove the case... he has nothing to lose doing this... if he pleads guilty nobody has to prove anything and you cannot take back a guilty plea... once you say it thats it .... but nobody know what is happening behind the scenes ....either side could ask for an adjournment ... although he would be unlikely to get one ... the prosecution however may think there is more evidence to be found
Very true, however the prosecution needs a Prima facie case before they can prosecute , so unlike the case of the death of Sharee Gai Lindley*for instance, they will be presenting some evidence. By pleading not guilty, BRE's defence would test that evidence, the chain of custody, the analysis, the storage, and if like in the Lloyd Rayney trial the forensic evidence could not be proven beyond reasonable doubt not to of been tampered with, then the defence has exercises their right to make the prosecution prove their case.

Very true, however the prosecution needs a Prima facie case before they can prosecute , so unlike the case of the death of Sharee Gai Lindley*for instance, they will be presenting some evidence. By pleading not guilty, BRE's defence would test that evidence, the chain of custody, the analysis, the storage, and if like in the Lloyd Rayney trial the forensic evidence could not be proven beyond reasonable doubt not to of been tampered with, then the defence has exercises their right to make the prosecution prove their case.

How the Defence act will be based on evidence and whether his Defence believe him to be guilty or not ... The Rayney case I think the forensic evidence was not worth using in the first place and provided reason to create doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery