Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent a couple of hours at the state library this afternoon. I was hoping to get a better copy of the Fiat being removed from the surf. I was unable to locate it in any of the three Papers. I did find articles but not with this picture.

I was also wanting to clarify the weather during this time, In short the weather was mild, low 20's little rain
no storms, and a tide of + 0.8 meters in the swan river. I was expecting to find stormy weather, that would explain the damage.

I also found a photograph taken from the Newspaper indicating where the car was located, surprisingly it was
closer to the inside corner of the groin than I expected. I would have thought this area would have been
protected from the elements?

If someone could help I have many photos taken from the news papers.
Good work Ambit - I am happy to post the pics on your behalf - will PM you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's why my girlfriend preferred the car park at Mason's Landing behind the horse stables. It was firmer :)

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

I wasn't with my husband when he got bogged, we'd had an argument and he took off and got bogged. It was a real drama. LOL

Vanessa Devlin murder 27th June 1988. I was going back along the threads looking for something else and had ignored the talk about the VD murder initially, however some interesting posts below which I'm including with snips raises more questions for me that some of the sleuthers living southside may be able to answer.

Quotes: 01-03-2017, 03:00 AM #9 MingMong Reply to Niall for post #1056 Ok, I can tell you this. The girl was found in the house at 1995 Albany Hwy Maddington, which was diagonally opposite what used to be Stokley station. Ok, back to it...I believe a guy was charged for this murder (strangulation if my memory serves me correctly) and I think it may have been classified as a 'domestic' situation at the time. Now I can't even remember the actual year this took place, however, one of the reasons it stuck in my head after all of these years is, we used to ride our horses over there often. It was a spooky place...a subsequent search last night on my limited reception said lots of things had happened in both this house (built circa 1920) and at the rail crossing beside it. I didn't know any of the rest until last night when I was trying not such a data intensive route to find out the girl, the date, the perpetrator etc. I know I have found this stuff before on the net. Anyways, when we used to go over there on our horses, there were a heap of young blokes living there rough (like a bogan house). It used to spook me for a reason I couldn't put my finger on, but my friend was always keen to go over there. That was before the girls death though...
01-03-2017, 03:25 AM#10 janwa Maddington Murders I remember these murders one was in the small house set back on a big block either next to or just past the chiropractors. The other across the hwy set near the road on a big block. I passed it every day on the train. The house eventually got wrecked the land was sold and a new house built with the wreck still there. There was also a body found at some point stuffed down drain.
01-03-2017, 04:16 AM#14 The Weaver Tilbury was convicted in 1971 for the murder of Lynette Robeson and again in 1989 for the murder of Vanessa Devlin
01-03-2017, 04:59 AM#22 papertrail Vanessa devlin murder 27 june 88 @ bicton and lynette robeson murdered 8 feb 71 @ serpentine conviction james tilbury for both. @ is location of their residence not murder location. Put 'interview with james tilbury' into google and open worldcat link. End Quotes

Do any know what was going on in this house? Was this where VD was murdered? Does anyone know about the heap of young blokes (bogans) that seemed to be hanging around? I couldn't open the podcast interview suggested by papertail but it seems that James Tilbury confessed not long (2 years?) after getting out of jail for a 1971 murder. Is this correct?

I've found it very unusual as well not to find a photo of the retrieved Fiat in news. I think Noname found one in the water, which showed the car near the pylon. So anyone that can post any images will be appreciated. The image I'm relying on looks like it is taken from a video clip. It wasn't the first image I saw on this site, the other one was a wider angle showing more of the beach and ocean conditions. The ocean conditions in this image matched nonames description she posted from her Lib research. I was directed to "He who waits"abc four corners program which had this video clip. However although I found the transcript, I could't access this program. I would appreciated if anyone could send me the clip or if it was on Ch 9, as mentioned.
I spent a couple of hours at the state library this afternoon. I was hoping to get a better copy of the Fiat being removed from the surf. I was unable to locate it in any of the three Papers. I did find articles but not with this picture.

I was also wanting to clarify the weather during this time, In short the weather was mild, low 20's little rain
no storms, and a tide of + 0.8 meters in the swan river. I was expecting to find stormy weather, that would explain the damage.

I also found a photograph taken from the Newspaper indicating where the car was located, surprisingly it was
closer to the inside corner of the groin than I expected. I would have thought this area would have been
protected from the elements?

If someone could help I have many photos taken from the news papers.

Vanessa Devlin murder 27th June 1988. I was going back along the threads looking for something else and had ignored the talk about the VD murder initially, however some interesting posts below which I'm including with snips raises more questions for me that some of the sleuthers living southside may be able to answer.

Quotes: 01-03-2017, 03:00 AM #9 MingMong Reply to Niall for post #1056 Ok, I can tell you this. The girl was found in the house at 1995 Albany Hwy Maddington, which was diagonally opposite what used to be Stokley station. Ok, back to it...I believe a guy was charged for this murder (strangulation if my memory serves me correctly) and I think it may have been classified as a 'domestic' situation at the time. Now I can't even remember the actual year this took place, however, one of the reasons it stuck in my head after all of these years is, we used to ride our horses over there often. It was a spooky place...a subsequent search last night on my limited reception said lots of things had happened in both this house (built circa 1920) and at the rail crossing beside it. I didn't know any of the rest until last night when I was trying not such a data intensive route to find out the girl, the date, the perpetrator etc. I know I have found this stuff before on the net. Anyways, when we used to go over there on our horses, there were a heap of young blokes living there rough (like a bogan house). It used to spook me for a reason I couldn't put my finger on, but my friend was always keen to go over there. That was before the girls death though...
01-03-2017, 03:25 AM#10 janwa Maddington Murders I remember these murders one was in the small house set back on a big block either next to or just past the chiropractors. The other across the hwy set near the road on a big block. I passed it every day on the train. The house eventually got wrecked the land was sold and a new house built with the wreck still there. There was also a body found at some point stuffed down drain.
01-03-2017, 04:16 AM#14 The Weaver Tilbury was convicted in 1971 for the murder of Lynette Robeson and again in 1989 for the murder of Vanessa Devlin
01-03-2017, 04:59 AM#22 papertrail Vanessa devlin murder 27 june 88 @ bicton and lynette robeson murdered 8 feb 71 @ serpentine conviction james tilbury for both. @ is location of their residence not murder location. Put 'interview with james tilbury' into google and open worldcat link. End Quotes

Do any know what was going on in this house? Was this where VD was murdered? Does anyone know about the heap of young blokes (bogans) that seemed to be hanging around? I couldn't open the podcast interview suggested by papertail but it seems that James Tilbury confessed not long (2 years?) after getting out of jail for a 1971 murder. Is this correct?

Hi Innerchild,

I don't know anything about the people who lived in this house. I'm aware where it is, the chiropractor was opposite there in the late 1980s, but relocated to Thornlie Av - a couple of years ago I did some work for him.

Generally, looking with "fresh eyes" is a reference to another person taking a look at a particular thing or event. A person who looks at the same item day after day eventually stops seeing it. A new person who has not previously looked at the item may be able to see things the first person no longer can. This is what I've been trying to do here, while encouraging others to keep an open mind. When JC's car turned up in the ocean off Cott, I spoke to eyewitness a few months later who were still talking about a lot of damage to the car and how it could have got in the water. If one had said to me at the time, the car damage caused was like being hit on the roof by a 100 ton train, or three times as much from being dropped off a cliff or from a roll over at 100km/hr it may have meant something more to me. I had not seen the car or pictures of the car in news and had no real concept of what was being talked about and didn't take much notice. At uni when I first arrived in Perth I was quite involved in high speed film analysis related to sports techniques and tutored undergrads in this course. I analysed images frame by frame for forces applies such as one or two foot swim starts to leave the block with max speed, or analyse forces applied to the water by kayak paddlers and compare push pull style with swing. Cricket became poplar for high speed film analysis esp when Dennis Lillee had the forces applied to his back analysed and techniques changed to prevent further back problems etc. I was very lucky to find video clips of the exact model and year of Fiat to calculate fairly exact forces that could cause damage to this car. I watched the car being mangled many times by a train and in multiple roll overs (increasing in my admiration for the car with each) and realised this car had a story to tell about the abduction of JC, and maybe other CSK victims, that no one had ever heard and maybe wanted to hear. A poster suggested that they couldn't see any damage to the car or maybe there was distortion. I can show frames of the roll over video clip where the speed was fast enough to cause a little blurring but I have never seen distortion in analysing film or video. The very loud message that I received from this analysis was that it would have been impossible for the car to enter the water at Cott from the land. However the fact is that is where it ended up. 707 speculated a few pages back that perhaps there was an accident and the car rolled. I think this could be a possibility, as in the video clip rollover there was damage to the wheels, possible broken axle. If an accident happened while on their way to dispose of the car, may have needed a tow truck or if possible have been driven to a known spot where it could have been hidden for two days while they planned how to dispose of it. The overarching outcome with the car seems to be that it had to be disposed in the ocean at Cott. It could have quite easily been disposed anywhere else, although it seemed important the the back seat was disposed of immediately (taken to Cott). However a rollover still would not have accounted for the damage to the car body. IMO the disposal then had to occur by boat and the car simply had to be crushed either to fit on a boat or disguise it as a stack of fishing crates for a cray of fishing boat in the harbour. It still seems an extraordinary amount of effort to go to if this was just a directional marker indicating west where JC's body may be. IMO it's more likely to be a cardinal or navigation beacon (somebody turned the lights on) indicating the start or way ahead and a signal to people in the know. IMO a straight line directly through the Conti from Cott beach (same mid point as map showing GC and JC north south straight line) will indicate an undiscovered body, possibly SS.

G'day, first time poster. Been following since the start (was 20 when this happened ) until reading these threads never knew JR was found naked and CG clothed, was thus announced officially?

I think BRE is either a genius or is the luckiest SK on the planet.... Was a peeking Tom at Willetton same time

G'day, first time poster. Been following since the start (was 20 when this happened ) until reading these threads never knew JR was found naked and CG clothed, was thus announced officially?

I think BRE is either a genius or is the luckiest SK on the planet.... Was a peeking Tom at Willetton same time

Hi McFT - could you please enlarge on the Willetton Peeking Tom?

Hi Mcfishntackle,

In my opinion BRE is just lucky he wasn't caught until Dec 2016. With regard to a peeping tom, it might be worth having a look through the old Comment News papers - held at the State Library (not online). Perhaps a visit to the police station might reveal some details, but I wouldn't mention BREs name - they'll be tight-lipped!

One day this week I intend visiting the State Library. I'll have a look through the Comment News (Gosnells) for any peeping toms, arsonists, exhibitionists as well as identikits which might be BRE.

Commencing from 1984 I'll photograph or print copies, then come home and ask the grandchildren to help upload the images.

Anything I've missed please feel free to suggest....

One day this week I intend visiting the State Library. I'll have a look through the Comment News (Gosnells) for any peeping toms, arsonists, exhibitionists as well as identikits which might be BRE.

Commencing from 1984 I'll photograph or print copies, then come home and ask the grandchildren to help upload the images.

Canning Melville Times would have been the local newspaper for Willetton at the time. No idea if it still exists.

P.S. Perhaps it would be better if I checked the Daily News or West Australian, that would cover all metro area.

I would imagine this article has been posted already, however thought it was worth posting:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-04-30 18.13.35.jpg
    Screenshot 2017-04-30 18.13.35.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 239
Just posting some images to show how to upload images on WS - hope this assists those unsure:

1: Press the Insert Image icon
2. Press from computer
3. Press Basic uploader
4. Press Choose file
5. Press Upload file

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 235
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 229
  • FullSizeRender_2.jpg
    FullSizeRender_2.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 227
  • FullSizeRender_3.jpg
    FullSizeRender_3.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 226
  • FullSizeRender_4.jpg
    FullSizeRender_4.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 227
Just posting some images to show how to upload images on WS - hope this assists those unsure:

1: Press the Insert Image icon
2. Press from computer
3. Press Basic uploader
4. Press Choose file
5. Press Upload file

Spinnaker,

Many thanks for the tips. I reckons I can manage uploading images now.:thinking:

There was no reasonable doubt, the only thing contradicting the evidence was the alleged offender saying "I swear it wasn't me, man"

(In reference to the recent article about the WA man who was found guilty of a home invasion based on DNA evidence 14yrs ago and just this week was informed that the police actually made a mistake and had the wrong guy)

Mrs Drake you could not be more wrong with your "only thing contradicting the evidence" fantasy post.

thewest.com.au/news/wa/innocent-man-still-haunted-by-stain-on-name-ng-b88459752z

Mr Staines even had an alibi for the night of the burglary that was backed up by two friends who had a picture of them together which had a date and time stamp.
But it still was not enough to counter the presence of “his” DNA at the crime scene.
“Even if I went and got a very expensive lawyer and forked out all that money, I knew it was pretty unlikely that I was going to beat it anyway,” Mr Staines said.
“I was pretty much done right from the beginning.”

I suggest you owe Mr Staines a huge apology and should go back and edit or remove your offending post. Thanks.

IMO - my gut feeling is that the alleged CSK derived pleasure, even sexual pleasure from torturing and harming the victims.
Plus IMO the alleged CSK is a planner, and a controlled and organised SK, and a master of deception and evading suspicion.

The fact the accused didn't say a word during entire KK incident is a very telling piece of 'evidence'.

It's very difficult to NOT speak in normal daily scenarios- and even especially more difficult to NOT speak and impart instructions when trying to force another person to do something against their will. Near on impossible.

IMO - my gut feeling is that the alleged CSK derived pleasure, even sexual pleasure from torturing and harming the victims.
Plus IMO the alleged CSK is a planner, and a controlled and organised SK, and a master of deception and evading suspicion.

The fact the accused didn't say a word during entire KK incident is a very telling piece of 'evidence'.

It's very difficult to NOT speak in normal daily scenarios- and even especially more difficult to NOT speak and impart instructions when trying to force another person to do something against their will. Near on impossible.

Agree Spooks re the NOT speaking, believe this is part of the torment he inflicted on his victims. The fact that the perp of the Cottesloe abduction/Lakeway drive-in attack also did NOT speak makes me consider that the CSK was also responsible for this crime.

Agree Spooks re the NOT speaking, believe this is part of the torment he inflicted on his victims. The fact that the perp of the Cottesloe abduction/Lakeway drive-in attack also did NOT speak makes me consider that the CSK was also responsible for this crime.

Hmmmmm I didn't realise that the DI perpetrator didn't speak also!!!

I think the perp's silence for both crimes is therefore an important piece of the (profile) puzzle/s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper