Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask those of you who are willing to put forth your opinion, do you feel the accused CSK is who they've been looking for & that formalities aside, so far as the matters he has already been charged for, that this case is all but over?

No Name,
With regard to the question I believe BRE is what’s called a “Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing” and has finally been caught. For many year’s he must have been looking over his shoulder, but was still probably surprised when the law came bursting into his home. For the last few months detectives have been searching through homes, looking at PCs, asking questions at Testra and drawing on documentation, and not to mention women who would have recognized him from older crime’s who have come forward. This case is huge, and even after this court case, there will be other matters to attend too, which are the hundreds of phone calls received by Crime Stoppers. He is innocent until proven guilty, but the prosecution will be fully armed, the court case will be lenghty and costly. Yes I believe he is guilty, he has distinctive characteristics, which have remained the same since he was a teenager.
These comments are only in my opinion of course.

What about Eftpos transactions, they'd prove someone was at the hotel on the nights in question. The hotel would have needed to retain Eftpos receipts for taxation purposes. Surly the police would have seized them at the time. What about an ATM in the actual hotel?

Now that they have BREs bank account details the bank can produce historical statements which will show what areas he's been at, on specific days.

Also, Telstra possibly supplied some staff with credit cards for fuel purchases or a Star card, which would reveal if he had fueled-up within the vicinity. Even if Telstra hasn't got the statements, the banks should be able to produce them.

There must be something which puts him at the scene. These are only in my opinion.
I am reasonably certain pubs and clubs back then were still cash or bar tab cards (cash amout on the bar). Using eftpos at pubs at that stage would be rare. Maaaybe the fuel cards. ..maaaayyyybe.

I am reasonably certain pubs and clubs back then were still cash or bar tab cards (cash amout on the bar). Using eftpos at pubs at that stage would be rare. Maaaybe the fuel cards. ..maaaayyyybe.

At the risk of aging myself, I had my first date with my husband in 1997 at a pub and payed for my own drinks with my eftpos card.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

...JC worked room Service 6 - 10...
------
Two promising reports checked by detectives came to nothing.

One was that a beach-front resident at Cottesloe had heard a screen on the Monday morning Miss Cutler left the Parmelia function.

That turned out to be a brawl involving young people.

The detectives have now established that the woman on the Ansett Pioneer bus was a blonde not a brunette. She was also smoking heavily and drinking beer.

Miss Cutler did not smoke and was not a regular beer drinker...

...what article(s) did this info come from?...

Here is the Article Sutton. Having flash issues so this article was attached to the same thread as above...

Snipped for brevity.

Sorry for not being more specific. I am wondering where the info about JC's work hours, the scream heard Monday morning, the false lead of the woman on the bus, and the fact that JC was not a drinker or a smoker came from.

I am familiar with the Fiat [mis]info as that's been discussed and sourced several times over the years. But I've never seen any of this other info before. I've previously read that JC was a smoker, and cigarette butts different to her own brand were found in her vehicle ash tray.

I read the articles posted by noname, but there were some portions that were too blurry to make out. Maybe I missed this new info. I'll go back through the articles.

I'm not nitpicking. I appreciate your post and want to add your info to my ongoing compilation of JC's disappearance, but need a source to do so.

Proximity of JR's workplace to SM's workplace - also to the unused building in Government Road...
Good connection on your part, Spinna.

I wonder if DM has been released yet or if he's still locked up.

Snipped for brevity.

Sorry for not being more specific. I am wondering where the info about JC's work hours, the scream heard Monday morning, the false lead of the woman on the bus, and the fact that JC was not a drinker or a smoker came from.

I am familiar with the Fiat [mis]info as that's been discussed and sourced several times over the years. But I've never seen any of this other info before. I've previously read that JC was a smoker, and cigarette butts different to her own brand were found in her vehicle ash tray.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...K-1996-97-Perth-WA-14&p=13349351#post13349351

Article Bizarre case that has detectives stumped. At the time my lap top was being spun to read these articles. All info was sourced from the articles and --- separators indicated a different article.

In the early 1990s Telstra probably had a fuel bowser at some of the depots, and about the mid-1990s fuel cards were brought in. I can't quiet remember.

How Serial Killers Were Caught

David Berkowitz – Nicknamed the Son of Sam – New York City (1976).

In summary, Berkowitz terrorized New York City in the summer of 1976. In total, he shot and killed six and wounded seven.
A witness noticed that police were writing parking tickets on the same block where the suspected shooter had been seen. Police were able to search through issued parking tickets and discover Berkowitz’s car.

http://crimefeed.com/2015/06/catch-killer-5-evil-serial-killers-stopped/

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational...ge-of-our-convictions---the-claremont/3473202

"and finely judged leaks to the media - all to build the pressure."

The Kimono being linked to the Devlin murder in hindsight is obviously false and IMO was simply a media tactic at the time that made assertions without any basis in fact.

This article shows that media was used to bring pressure upon suspects.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational...ge-of-our-convictions---the-claremont/3473202

"and finely judged leaks to the media - all to build the pressure."

The Kimono being linked to the Devlin murder in hindsight is obviously false and IMO was simply a media tactic at the time that made assertions without any basis in fact.

This article shows that media was used to bring pressure upon suspects.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

I agree - I think the kimono being linked to the VD murder was a carefully planned red herring by WAPOL - either to a) make the Huntingdale home invasion offender turn himself in because he KNEW he wasn't involved in the murder, and would want to make sure he wasn't implicated and clear his name and only be done for the lesser crime of the home invasion; or b) make anyone who knew/ suspected they knew who the Huntingdale home invader was to turn him in with the reasoning that the VD murder was a very serious offense that he shouldn't get away with (not to downplay the home invasion, which of course would have been terrifying for the young woman). But maybe, if you suspected your mate or brother, you would protect him somewhat and ignore your suspicions that he may have done the home invasion. But if you thought he had been involved in murder, more likely to report suspicions. Just my opinion of course...

Also, there was something in the Huntingdale home invasion report that alerted the WAPOL to BRE. IMO, the most obvious link is that the kimono belonged to BRE's mother or sister, and was reported as 'stolen' when they noticed it missing from their clothesline. The police at the time may have suspected BRE or his brother but never had enough evidence to lay charges. Incidentally someone posted a while back about the kimono being pretty big and looked like it belonged to a 'tub girl' (I'm still not sure what that means! Auto correct from 'big girl'??)... thinking back to kooky men's fashions in the 1980s, don't suppose it was actually BRE's?? (Highly unlikely. Especially as it was reported as a woman's. Just a random thought I had! 😝)

I agree - I think the kimono being linked to the VD murder was a carefully planned red herring by WAPOL - either to a) make the Huntingdale home invasion offender turn himself in because he KNEW he wasn't involved in the murder, and would want to make sure he wasn't implicated and clear his name and only be done for the lesser crime of the home invasion; or b) make anyone who knew/ suspected they knew who the Huntingdale home invader was to turn him in with the reasoning that the VD murder was a very serious offense that he shouldn't get away with (not to downplay the home invasion, which of course would have been terrifying for the young woman). But maybe, if you suspected your mate or brother, you would protect him somewhat and ignore your suspicions that he may have done the home invasion. But if you thought he had been involved in murder, more likely to report suspicions. Just my opinion of course...

Also, there was something in the Huntingdale home invasion report that alerted the WAPOL to BRE. IMO, the most obvious link is that the kimono belonged to BRE's mother or sister, and was reported as 'stolen' when they noticed it missing from their clothesline. The police at the time may have suspected BRE or his brother but never had enough evidence to lay charges. Incidentally someone posted a while back about the kimono being pretty big and looked like it belonged to a 'tub girl' (I'm still not sure what that means! Auto correct from 'big girl'??)... thinking back to kooky men's fashions in the 1980s, don't suppose it was actually BRE's?? (Highly unlikely. Especially as it was reported as a woman's. Just a random thought I had! 😝)

Xyz,
Your post is interesting. About the kimono, it would be my thought that it belonged to someone he had an attraction too. That would rule out his mother or sister. Perhaps someone has come forward by now and claimed the kimono - the police wouldn't tell us. Back in 1988 there weren't that many properties located near to the Es property.

Just been lurking and slowly reading all the threads because the case is so interesting. Didn't plan to post but I found an interesting article (albeit 4 years old) about the flaws of familial DNA matching. One would assume BRE was originally on the radar for the Huntingdale assault and that they had more evidence than just the familial DNA to warrant arresting him.

https://psmag.com/environment/the-flaws-of-familial-dna-matching-64736

Xyz,
Your post is interesting. About the kimono, it would be my thought that it belonged to someone he had an attraction too. That would rule out his mother or sister. Perhaps someone has come forward by now and claimed the kimono - the police wouldn't tell us. Back in 1988 there weren't that many properties located near to the Es property.

These are called 'facilitators' in the literature, typically *advertiser censored*, drugs/alcohol, or an item associated with sexual excitement or a specific fetish. Facilitators are known to be used by perpetrators to heighten sexual arousal while masturbating, and often coincide with escalating fantasies around sexual gratification. If the kimono had been stolen off a line while previously peeping/stalking it could have been an item of sexual excitement that the perpetrator took with him to heighten the experience. The name of game is maximum sexual excitement, sensation and gratification. Alternatively, it may just have been a random item to hide his face/wipe off ect. Either way, the person who attempted this brazen home invasion assault was someone who had been aberrantly sexualised, would have had a history of peeping, possibly public masturbation and other sexual offences, had long since lost inhibitions or concern for the regard of target victims while aroused, and had a rich and rapidly escalating internal fantasy life. For such offenders it is likely that this preoccupation with sexual fantasy is all consuming and like an addiction when coupled with facilitators and [compulsive] masturbation. Because these people often have poor or limited internal resources for emotional coping, significant life stressors or upheaval (such as breaking up with a partner) can see them withdrawing/regressing into a dissociated and familiar/safe psychological space of sexual fantasy to emotionally cope in the same way others may use drugs/alcohol. The stress and the need to self-regulate (and possibly project the anger of rejection) may result in a rapid escalation in the severity of sexual fantasy/facilitator use during this time and depending on previous offending behaviour, put them at heightened risk of perpetrating more serious offences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the 1988 home assault, from what I've read the perp. walked into the home through the back door which was unlocked. What's the odds of a door being left unlocked? Perhaps he walked the neighbourhood testing the doors to see if they were unlocked. Do we have anymore information such as did the girl live with her parents, were they in the house at the time?

These are called 'facilitators' in the literature, typically *advertiser censored*, drugs/alcohol, or an item associated with sexual excitement or a specific fetish. Facilitators are known to be used by perpetrators to heighten sexual arousal while masturbating, and often coincide with escalating fantasies around sexual gratification. If the kimono had been stolen off a line while previously peeping/stalking it could have been an item of sexual excitement that the perpetrator took with him to heighten the experience. The name of game is maximum sexual excitement, sensation and gratification. Alternatively, it may just have been a random item to hide his face/wipe off ect. Either way, the person who attempted this brazen home invasion assault was someone who had been aberrantly sexualised, would have had a history of peeping, possibly public masturbation and other sexual offences, had long since lost inhibitions or concern for the regard of target victims while aroused, and had a rich and rapidly escalating internal fantasy life. For such offenders it is likely that this preoccupation with sexual fantasy is all consuming and like an addiction when coupled with facilitators and [compulsive] masturbation. Because these people often have poor or limited internal resources for emotional coping, significant life stressors or upheaval (such as breaking up with a partner) can see them withdrawing/regressing into a dissociated and familiar/safe psychological space of sexual fantasy to emotionally cope in the same way others may use drugs/alcohol. The stress and the need to self-regulate (and possibly project the anger of rejection) may result in a rapid escalation in the severity of sexual fantasy/facilitator use during this time and depending on previous offending behaviour, put them at heightened risk of perpetrating more serious offences.

That's a really interesting and thorough explanation. My thoughts were much more along the simple lines of ... he snuck out of his parents house, realized it was bloody cold, and grabbed something convenient from the clothes line ... lol 😂

Perpendicular,

Many thanks for the lengthy message, I can see you've gone to a lot of trouble. I didn't realize that it was highly probable that he'd taken the kimono from the clothesline of someone he'd been peeping on. I also understand that there would be stressors that trigger him off, like he gets upset and needs a fix. Like an alcoholic turns to alcohol when something, particularly distressing to them, triggers them off.

So we've fathomed that he (BRE) stole clothing probably was also a peeping tom, what other fetishes would he likely have?

These are only my thoughts and opinions.

Just been lurking and slowly reading all the threads because the case is so interesting. Didn't plan to post but I found an interesting article (albeit 4 years old) about the flaws of familial DNA matching. One would assume BRE was originally on the radar for the Huntingdale assault and that they had
more evidence than just the familial DNA to warrant arresting him.

https://psmag.com/environment/the-flaws-of-familial-dna-matching-64736

Yes, they have his actual DNA from CG, KK and the Huntingdale assault. But as he had no criminal record/history there was no name to attach it to. If familial DNA was of assistance, it means a close blood relative was in the database. This gives wapol a target group to investigate & I believed quickly narrowed toBRE.

Just adding, many people speculate on the brother but there are other male relatives eg, father or adult male child of sibling perhaps. However, I am more inclined to think familial dna was not in play, more what was in the initial investigation of 88 huntingdale attack.

Hopefully, the two ex-wives will be assisting fully with police inquiries. It must have been such a shock for them both and of course the stepdaughter. I certainly have empathy for them, I can't imagine how awful it must have been for them to find out their partner or ex-partner was responsible for such horrible acts. It means the whole relationship was based upon lies. Imagine the horror, if it was your own spouse!

The ex-wives must still be going through a whole roller-coaster of emotions, such as shock, denial, betrayal embarrassment etc. Over the last few months, they possibly haven't been able to think of anything else, then suddenly remember something which they felt was odd at the time, but makes sense now.

Then there's ex-girl friends who have possibly come forward - and those that don't want to get involved.

Perpendicular,

Many thanks for the lengthy message, I can see you've gone to a lot of trouble. I didn't realize that it was highly probable that he'd taken the kimono from the clothesline of someone he'd been peeping on. I also understand that there would be stressors that trigger him off, like he gets upset and needs a fix. Like an alcoholic turns to alcohol when something, particularly distressing to them, triggers them off.

So we've fathomed that he (BRE) stole clothing probably was also a peeping tom, what other fetishes would he likely have?

Impossible to say what fetishes the CSK had/has. The average person apparently has 4 fetishes; these might be particular items (underwear, high heels), or particular body parts (called partialism), or certain manners of sexual engagement (i.e. sexual sadism). Fetishes (and the fantasies around them) are conditioned and reinforced behaviourally through masturbation and the use of facilitators and can change/escalate over time. People are considered to be sexually dysfunctional when they are unable to become significantly aroused or orgasm in the absence of fetishistic stimuli. Again, impossible to know in this case (although the significant use of facilitators such as pornograhy is almost certain), but perhaps it's not impossible to imagine the CSK had escalated the nature of his fantasies and corresponding offences to incorporate elements of sadism given the KK abduction MO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member