Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys,
Just been reading the thread the past couple of nights. I have no idea how I missed the arrest obvs I've been living under a rock ha.
In regards to bank records, I could be wrong, but do they only keep records for a certain length of time? For some reason 5 or 7 years comes to mind but I could be totally off and they may keep all data. Might have to do a bit of research on it. hmm..

Just adding, many people speculate on the brother but there are other male relatives eg, father or adult male child of sibling perhaps. However, I am more inclined to think familial dna was not in play, more what was in the initial investigation of 88 huntingdale attack.

No one has mentioned an illegitimate offspring! It wouldn't be impossible.

Evidently BRE is the oldest of his siblings, so he's probably got nephews and nieces in their twenties. Surly there's court-listings online which would reveal the surname E.
It's a shame we don't know the married name of the younger sister.

I certainly don't know anything, these are only my thoughts and opinions.

Hey Guys,
Just been reading the thread the past couple of nights. I have no idea how I missed the arrest obvs I've been living under a rock ha.
In regards to bank records, I could be wrong, but do they only keep records for a certain length of time? For some reason 5 or 7 years comes to mind but I could be totally off and they may keep all data. Might have to do a bit of research on it. hmm..

Ilikecouds,

Many thanks for the post. For taxation purposes we're required to keep bank statements for about 5 or 7 years. I'm not sure how long banks are supposed to keep their records, but it's a good question. This is a longshot.... Does anyone know, if the banks are required to send bank statements to an archive for future perusal such as the State Records Office?

Xyz,
Your post is interesting. About the kimono, it would be my thought that it belonged to someone he had an attraction too. That would rule out his mother or sister. Perhaps someone has come forward by now and claimed the kimono - the police wouldn't tell us. Back in 1988 there weren't that many properties located near to the Es property.

Why do you assume that the accused CSK had no sexual attraction to his female family members?
I'm not saying that he did, but a person capable of violent rape and murder could have other unusual sexual preferences and fantasies.

[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Xyz,
Your post is interesting. About the kimono, it would be my thought that it belonged to someone he had an attraction too. That would rule out his mother or sister. Perhaps someone has come forward by now and claimed the kimono - the police wouldn't tell us. Back in 1988 there weren't that many properties located near to the Es property.

Is the kimono actually 'unclaimed'? I thought it was reported as stolen from a washing line - so presumably someone reported it stolen, ergo the police knows who it belongs to? Can anyone confirm or correct?

Why do you assume that the accused CSK had no sexual attraction to his female family members?
I'm not saying that he did, but a person capable of violent rape and murder could have other unusual sexual preferences and fantasies.

Spooks,
Thanks it's interesting what you've typed. So, possibly, back in 1988, the Es reported the kimono stolen and shortly-thereafter the break-in occurred and WAPOL realized there was a connection. These are only my thoughts and opinion. Then it makes sense what Xyz typed....

QUOTE Xyz... Also, there was something in the Huntingdale home invasion report that alerted the WAPOL to BRE. IMO, the most obvious link is that the kimono belonged to BRE's mother or sister, and was reported as 'stolen' when they noticed it missing from their clothesline. The police at the time may have suspected BRE or his brother but never had enough evidence to lay charges.​

VD murder hadn't happened yet.

Kimono Clue to a Brutal Killing was front page headline on Feb 17[SUP]th[/SUP] 1988. The brutal killing was the sexual assault and murder of Victoria Clark in April (exact date?) 1997. The kimono was left by attacker fleeing the scene of an assault in Huntingdale a few days before the front page headline in Feb 1988. The clue linked the crimes of VC and Huntingdale.

There was no mention of the sexual assault and murder of Vanessa Devlin, as it hadn’t happened yet. (Friday 24[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1988).

The article Kimono Clue to a Brutal Killing was confusing and the clearest part of it was the headline. It wasn’t clear if the clue was the kimono or there was a clue on the kimono. However, it was subsequently confirmed that the kimono was stolen off a washing line and taken to the Huntingdale assault. This fact was again reported after the arrest of BRE where it was confirmed for the first time they had BRE’s DNA on the kimono.

The DNA was the clue that linked the two crimes. As you couldn’t see anything on the kimono, it suggests they had semen or snot or other clear body fluid on the kimono. I’ve agreed to disagree with other members as this is how I clearly see the kimono clue and the connection between VC and Huntingdale attack knowing all the facts, but others don’t.

The kimono was a popular light silk dressing gown wrapped around your body and tied with a silk belt. Kimono’s were not meant to be fitting and this one simply could have been brought to the scene so attacker could put it between him and his victim as she was lying in bed to ejaculate on and take it away with him, or any other theory. However he was startled and left the kimono at the scene when he was escaping.

DNA profiling had recently come into use. It had started to be used for prosecution in 1986 in England (DNA Profiling – Wiki. Cops could match DNA from both crimes although had nothing to compare to. The Feb 1988 front page headline would have sent a clear message to the crim, “we have your semen or snot at both crimes scenes and we’ll get you!” for example.

I agree - I think the kimono being linked to the VD murder was a carefully planned red herring by WAPOL - either to a) make the Huntingdale home invasion offender turn himself in because he KNEW he wasn't involved in the murder, and would want to make sure he wasn't implicated and clear his name and only be done for the lesser crime of the home invasion; or b) make anyone who knew/ suspected they knew who the Huntingdale home invader was to turn him in with the reasoning that the VD murder was a very serious offense that he shouldn't get away with (not to downplay the home invasion, which of course would have been terrifying for the young woman). But maybe, if you suspected your mate or brother, you would protect him somewhat and ignore your suspicions that he may have done the home invasion. But if you thought he had been involved in murder, more likely to report suspicions. Just my opinion of course...

Also, there was something in the Huntingdale home invasion report that alerted the WAPOL to BRE. IMO, the most obvious link is that the kimono belonged to BRE's mother or sister, and was reported as 'stolen' when they noticed it missing from their clothesline. The police at the time may have suspected BRE or his brother but never had enough evidence to lay charges. Incidentally someone posted a while back about the kimono being pretty big and looked like it belonged to a 'tub girl' (I'm still not sure what that means! Auto correct from 'big girl'??)... thinking back to kooky men's fashions in the 1980s, don't suppose it was actually BRE's?? (Highly unlikely. Especially as it was reported as a woman's. Just a random thought I had! 😝)

Vanessa Devlin sexually assaulted and murdered 24[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1988. Originally I didn’t know much about this murder except that it occurred only a few days after the disappearance of JC and her car being found at Cottesloe beach. However descriptions from the article no name found and posted here from the Daily News Monday 27[SUP]th[/SUP] June describe a particularly perverted crime as detective reported the attacker strangling VD as she was being murdered. There is a clear and detailed description of the car that picked her up and took her to the house where she was murdered, with witnesses seeing who she was with and placing the car at the scene all afternoon at the time of the murder. (My transcript of the article snip = ...)

Murder Hunt Car Clue Dead in bedroom by Andrew Masterson and Maxine Brown. Daily News Monday 27[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1988.

Police investigating the brutal sex murder of Vanessa Roberta Devlin, 23, have appealed to the public to help in the search for a man who gave her a lift to her Maddington house just before she was murdered. The man was seen arriving in a metallic green Datsun 240c sedan and is believed to be the last person to see her alive.

Senior Detective Sergeant Max Kiernan the man heading the hunt for the notorious “Southside rapist” said yesterday the 1976 or 1977 model car had been parked at Miss Devlin’s house at 2003? Albany Highway. It had mag wheels, stickers on the rear windscreen and black and yellow registration plates.

Urgent
...Sergeant Kiernan said police believed the driver of the car had given Miss Devlin a lift to her home when she was hitch hiking from a friend’s house on Friday morning. It is believed she was picked up near Nicholson Rd Canning Vale. Senior Det-Sgt Vince Katich said the murder had occurred between 11.30 am and 2.00pm on Friday (24[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1988?)...

Police sources said it appeared Miss Devlin had been strangled while she was being raped. The sources said there were marked differences between her killing and that of Victoria Clarke – but a link between them had not been discounted. “There is every chance it is the same person involved, but we just can’t say” said S Kiernan. “There are indications and some evidence to support a connection.” ...

...Sgt Katch said they are “extremely confident” the man seen driving the Datson could explain what had happened on Friday... Continued Pg 2...

attachment.php

This was a car (Datsun?) parked in BRE's driveway when he was arrested. It looks like there has been changes or panel beating or painting done to the back half of the car. Wheels look wider (mag?).
Interesting that reports of the Datsun seen picking her Kerry Turner was reported as being various different colours.

Attachments

• Datsun_maybe.JPG
    Datsun_maybe.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 201
Spooks,
Thanks it's interesting what you've typed. So, possibly, back in 1988, the Es reported the kimono stolen and shortly-thereafter the break-in occurred and WAPOL realized there was a connection. These are only my thoughts and opinion. Then it makes sense what Xyz typed....

QUOTE Xyz... Also, there was something in the Huntingdale home invasion report that alerted the WAPOL to BRE. IMO, the most obvious link is that the kimono belonged to BRE's mother or sister, and was reported as 'stolen' when they noticed it missing from their clothesline. The police at the time may have suspected BRE or his brother but never had enough evidence to lay charges.​

Ummmm the theory that the kimono may have belonged to the accused's mother or sister was discussed at length weeks ago on another CSK forum.

Can we discuss kimono cross-dressing again?
IMO a kimono works well for quick and easy image changes.

David Troy Masters arrested in Broome, for murder of 21 year old British backpacker found 50km from Katherine, NT. I couldn’t read the entire article but surprised that it says they found the near skeletal remains of the victim. When was the article published? In the 2015 article when Masters was once again denied parole he was reported to be 49 years old. This would have made him approx 21 years at VC’s brutal murder 26 years old at the 1991 murder, if I’m correct.
Masters confessed to VC’s 1987 murder when arrested for the above 1991 murder. It wasn’t his DNA or semen at the scene but he must have been there and had intimate knowledge of the murder of VC that he confessed to.

One of the things that stands out to me about Masters is that from the reports, he left WA immediately after VC’s murder and went to Queensland, the State where he was born. The above reports say he was of no fixed address or job. He had been in Queensland, NT, Broome had possible been drifting around for the years in-between the murders. It suggests to me someone not coping with murder and struggling with living day to day with his thoughts or actions.

A murderer that can act normally holding down a job, wife and family have normal social activities after and between committing serious sexual, brutal crimes seems to me to me to be especially abnormal and dangerous.

Hi Innerchild , this is about masters and mentions BROOME and Katherine .
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325088
0b375a755899397b774dde92d7242efc.jpg
9477f35f77477c090906e58a8f3de1fe.jpg

With regard to the green datsun.....
Back in the Mid-1990s a p-plater driver of a green Datsun was killed in a car crash along with some passengers. That's why the cross was situated on Warton Rd, near the doctor's surgery. It was there for a long time - in the middle of the road near Spencer Rd. Could this be any connection?

Vanessa Devlin sexually assaulted and murdered 24[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1988. Originally I didn’t know much about this murder except that it occurred only a few days after the disappearance of JC and her car being found at Cottesloe beach. However descriptions from the article no name found and posted here from the Daily News Monday 27[SUP]th[/SUP] June describe a particularly perverted crime as detective reported the attacker strangling VD as she was being murdered. There is a clear and detailed description of the car that picked her up and took her to the house where she was murdered, with witnesses seeing who she was with and placing the car at the scene all afternoon at the time of the murder. (My transcript of the article snip = ...)

Murder Hunt Car Clue Dead in bedroom by Andrew Masterson and Maxine Brown. Daily News Monday 27[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1988.

Police investigating the brutal sex murder of Vanessa Roberta Devlin, 23, have appealed to the public to help in the search for a man who gave her a lift to her Maddington house just before she was murdered. The man was seen arriving in a metallic green Datsun 240c sedan and is believed to be the last person to see her alive.

Senior Detective Sergeant Max Kiernan the man heading the hunt for the notorious “Southside rapist” said yesterday the 1976 or 1977 model car had been parked at Miss Devlin’s house at 2003? Albany Highway. It had mag wheels, stickers on the rear windscreen and black and yellow registration plates.

Urgent
...Sergeant Kiernan said police believed the driver of the car had given Miss Devlin a lift to her home when she was hitch hiking from a friend’s house on Friday morning. It is believed she was picked up near Nicholson Rd Canning Vale. Senior Det-Sgt Vince Katich said the murder had occurred between 11.30 am and 2.00pm on Friday (24[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1988?)...

Police sources said it appeared Miss Devlin had been strangled while she was being raped. The sources said there were marked differences between her killing and that of Victoria Clarke – but a link between them had not been discounted. “There is every chance it is the same person involved, but we just can’t say” said S Kiernan. “There are indications and some evidence to support a connection.” ...

...Sgt Katch said they are “extremely confident” the man seen driving the Datson could explain what had happened on Friday... Continued Pg 2...

attachment.php

This was a car (Datsun?) parked in BRE's driveway when he was arrested. It looks like there has been changes or panel beating or painting done to the back half of the car. Wheels look wider (mag?).
Interesting that reports of the Datsun seen picking her Kerry Turner was reported as being various different colours.

The car in the driveway is a holden gemini early 1980s I believe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Gemini

The witness connected KTs car as a Dark Blue Datsun 260C because of the distinctive spokes in the tires.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/s...der-of-teen-kerry-turner-20160628-gptg4f.html

I don't believe that car in the picture has spoke tires just the standard Gemini which probably had hubcaps.. JMO.

This is a 240C mentioned while similar in looks it was mentioned to be green.

The car in the driveway is a holden gemini early 1980s I believe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Gemini

The witness connected KTs car as a Dark Blue Datsun 260C because of the distinctive spokes in the tires.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/s...der-of-teen-kerry-turner-20160628-gptg4f.html

I don't believe that car in the picture has spoke tires just the standard Gemini which probably had hubcaps.. JMO.

This is a 240C mentioned while similar in looks it was mentioned to be green.

Different people perceive colours differently.
What some people call blue is considered green by others.
So it definitely say the car was green or blue will depend on who's looking at it.

Remember that infamous dress doing social media rounds a few years ago: was it blue-black dress or white-gold dress!!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_dress

https://www.wired.com/2015/02/science-one-agrees-color-dress/

495a0ffdc43ef4b708130547a857967f.jpg

(Image from second web link )

Plus the same colour can look different in daylight compared to night time.

Yes, they have his actual DNA from CG, KK and the Huntingdale assault. But as he had no criminal record/history there was no name to attach it to. If familial DNA was of assistance, it means a close blood relative was in the database. This gives wapol a target group to investigate & I believed quickly narrowed toBRE.

Aghhhh... Has anyone ever wished they chose a different screen name.

I've always thought the car in BRE's driveway looked liked an old Mercedes. Particularly with the clear circle on the rear of the bonnet. Funnily enough, I was searching just yesterday for a datsun or toyota that looked similar & quite quickly abandoned that in the opinion that it was a Merc. I'll have another look i think. Please dont forget that you cant post about stuff that "others dont know" if its not in MSM or otherwise available to us in archives should we go looking (if thats what you are insinuating of course).

No one has mentioned an illegitimate offspring! It wouldn't be impossible.

Evidently BRE is the oldest of his siblings, so he's probably got nephews and nieces in their twenties. Surly there's court-listings online which would reveal the surname E.
It's a shame we don't know the married name of the younger sister.

I certainly don't know anything, these are only my thoughts and opinions.

Just clarifying Canning Vale, I never referred to any illegitimate child (i dislike that label). Cheers.

The different coloured cars reported in the KT case that I think Innerchild ia referring to is fawn and blue from this this article, amongst others

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...-for-help-25-years-after-perth-murder/7549252.

Soon afterwards, a vehicle described by witnesses as similar to a dark-coloured or blue Datsun sedan pulled up next to Ms Turner. Another witness described the vehicle as a fawn-coloured sedan with

Different people perceive colours differently.
What some people call blue is considered green by others.
So it definitely say the car was green or blue will depend on who's looking at it.

Remember that infamous dress doing social media rounds a few years ago: was it blue-black dress or white-gold dress!!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_dress

https://www.wired.com/2015/02/science-one-agrees-color-dress/

495a0ffdc43ef4b708130547a857967f.jpg

(Image from second web link )

Plus the same colour can look different in daylight compared to night time.

Excellent point. Witness descriptions are often notorious for their variance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95