Australia Australia - Corryn Rayney, 44, Como, WA, 7 August 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oops, pushed button accidentally, lol. Just thinking about 'framing' someone else scenario. If LR was trying to frame someone in kershaw street, e.g. the guy Webb, whose wife LR played bridge with I think YN mentioned. It wouldn't be too subtle to leave the car right outside the framee's house and would be a little obvious, which leads me to think the car being left in kershaw street was purely coincidental and due to the state of the car. Will keep ruminating and try and think like the perp, tee hee.

Then again, just remembered, apparently LR commented to his P.A. 'if' he was the murderer, he'd hardly be likely to leave the car in a street where he knew several residents, thus running the risk of running into someone who could identify him. Which might in fact be a GOOD reason for leaving it parked there (a calculated risk so to speak) and IF he got away without any witness, would use that very line that he did to his PA - ya wanna translator with that?? Lol.

Then again, just remembered, apparently LR commented to his P.A. 'if' he was the murderer, he'd hardly be likely to leave the car in a street where he knew several residents, thus running the risk of running into someone who could identify him. Which might in fact be a GOOD reason for leaving it parked there (a calculated risk so to speak) and IF he got away without any witness, would use that very line that he did to his PA - ya wanna translator with that?? Lol.

No Dodo, I get what you are saying and was thinking along the same lines, he made sure they had that particular conversation, for a reason.

:maddening:

JMO MOO

You make perfect sense Jac, however I have trouble reconciling 'random" with the street which housed (apparently) so many of the legal fraternity including one he had "taken under his wing".

Then again Kershaw Road (Street?) is close to Kings Park, and one with which he was clearly familiar.

If the leak had not happened, perhaps he meant to take the car back to the Bentley bootscooting location, as another poster suggested, to give the impression Corryn went missing from and or was murdered there?

:waitasec:

JMO MOO

I agree - it was too much of a coincidence for the car to have been unintentionally left in Kershaw Street.

In my opinion it was a planned act in order to try and frame someone...but I don't think the person being framed was LR.

I still think there is more chance that LR killed his wife than there is of a person who hated LR killing LR's wife.

Of course, it's not out of the question but statistically speaking I'd say that it's more likely the husband killed Corinne.

As for the car being noisy - I may be wrong (not a car expert here) but I think that the main reason it was noisy was because it was being revved for second gear but couldn't achieve that due to insufficient oil pressure in the transmission.

Mrs Durrant said that the car sounded like it 'was struggling to gain power'. My understanding of what she said (and later from the explanation provided by Mr Agius and the mechanic, Mr Zanetti) was that the engine could still work ok but that the car couldn't change gears.

I'm wondering if a driver who figured out what had happened to the car - he must have known he hit the bollard and that there'd be a big hole in the sump, leaking oil - I wonder if he could drive very slowly in first gear and creep into Kershaw Street?

Or perhaps he even switched off the car, got out and pushed it into Kershaw Street?

If anyone is or knows a car mechanic, please feel free to confirm or set me straight here! Could the car be driven quietly and slowly in first gear for a short distance from Thomas Street to Kershaw Street before it was completely undriveable?

JMO
IMO
MOO

Yep - exactly what I said in my post above yours.

LR was a State Prosecutor, then a barrister so he is skilled at thinking, planning and strategising.

His wife, an intelligent woman who would know him better than anyone, described him as 'a snake'- which makes me think he was very good at finding ways to 'negotiate' (or, for the cynics like me, 'slither his way out of') tricky situations.

Posted By Gemini Girl - "No Dodo, I get what you are saying and was thinking along the same lines, he made sure they had that particular conversation, for a reason."BBM

I agree, Gemini Girl - I think LR is 'A Man With A Plan'. I think, being a lawyer, he'd be good at strategising.

I just hope that if he's guilty, as I think he is, that the evidence will be convincing enough for the judge to make a conviction.

JMO
IMO
MOO

Yep - exactly what I said in my post above yours.

LR was a State Prosecutor, then a barrister so he is skilled at thinking, planning and strategising.

His wife, an intelligent woman who would know him better than anyone, described him as 'a snake'- which makes me think he was very good at finding ways to 'negotiate' (or, for the cynics like me, 'slither his way out of') tricky situations.

JMO
IMO
MOO

Sorry, didn't see your post YN. He mentioned the place name card on the console of his car (if the PA is to be believed) and also the scenario in kershaw st with the car, to his assistant. Was he trying to cover himself and had already devised ways to worm out of both 'situations', because BOTH situations had 'arisen' unexpectedly and were not part of his plan. Hard to judge at this stage, but a little 'obvious' Which ever way you look at it. I would think even a 'layman' could have planted these seeds. Being the clever guy he's purported to be, would expect something a little more subtle. Will keep thinking whilst spring cleaning garage lol

Am off to pick up kids from school, will stay in first gear and see how noisy it is!!! Lol

Sorry, didn't see your post YN. He mentioned the place name card on the console of his car (if the PA is to be believed) and also the scenario in kershaw st with the car, to his assistant. Was he trying to cover himself and had already devised ways to worm out of both 'situations', because BOTH situations had 'arisen' unexpectedly and were not part of his plan. Hard to judge at this stage, but a little 'obvious' Which ever way you look at it. I would think even a 'layman' could have planted these seeds. Being the clever guy he's purported to be, would expect something a little more subtle. Will keep thinking whilst spring cleaning garage lol

Oh yes - we are thinking the same way!

And hopefully the judge is one step ahead of we amateur sleuths!

Ah well, it's a lovely day to be in the garage (if you are in WA, that is...am not sure what the rest of the country's weather is like today).

I should do a bit of housework too lol

:sweep:

This article from today contains a touching glimpse into Corinne's enjoyment of dancing. It's very sad to think the video was shot only days before she was killed.

Yes, another similarity between her and Allison Baden-Clay.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...-at-rayney-trial/story-fndo486p-1226436741663

Excerpt:-
"Meanwhile the court was also today shown sobering video footage of Mrs Rayney boot-scooting just days before she disappeared on August 7, 2007.

In the footage, shot at her local dance class, Mrs Rayney is wearing a black cowboy hat, white shirt and jeans and appears carefree as she dances with a group to slow ballads about broken hearts and relationships.

The court has been told the footage was shot at the class on August 2, 2007 at the Bentley community hall.

Boot-scooting teacher Glen Dale told the court Mrs Rayney put a lot of effort into her dancing.

"Corryn, when she dances, uses a lot of arm movements," he said. "She always put a lot of effort into what she did."

Mr Dale also gave the trial judge, Justice Brian Martin, a courtroom demonstration of the moves they do in boot- scooting, which include "Buttermilks'' and ''Twinkles.''

The court has previously been told Mrs Rayney attended a boot-scooting class before she disappeared on the night of August 7.

Mr Dale said scuff marks found on the boots she had been wearing that night could not have been caused by dancing."

Just keep the revs down and creep along haha

Years ago I had a car that leaked oil from the sump and I remember well the complete lack of power it had, the noise the engine made and the smoke it created as it limped along. I had only owned the car for a week before this happened!
:mad::mad:

Why was CR allowed to be cremated? If a murder trial was to be conducted in the future wouldn't you leave the body as is just in case you would need to examine it further. Now her body which is a big piece of evidence is forever destroyed.

All the evidence so far points to LR and he appears guilty as hell but there is constantly that 1% doubt. I wouldn't be surprised if he is let off. Then he'll sue the government for loss income and be awarded a few million tax payers dollars. We'll wait and see.

Welcome Rex777 - looking forward to your contributions.

I doubt that if the body hadn't been cremated that it would have any other forensic evidence to help the conviction of the murderer. JMHO

This article from today contains a touching glimpse into Corinne's enjoyment of dancing. It's very sad to think the video was shot only days before she was killed.

Yes, another similarity between her and Allison Baden-Clay.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...-at-rayney-trial/story-fndo486p-1226436741663

Excerpt:-
"Meanwhile the court was also today shown sobering video footage of Mrs Rayney boot-scooting just days before she disappeared on August 7, 2007.

In the footage, shot at her local dance class, Mrs Rayney is wearing a black cowboy hat, white shirt and jeans and appears carefree as she dances with a group to slow ballads about broken hearts and relationships.

The court has been told the footage was shot at the class on August 2, 2007 at the Bentley community hall.

Boot-scooting teacher Glen Dale told the court Mrs Rayney put a lot of effort into her dancing.

"Corryn, when she dances, uses a lot of arm movements," he said. "She always put a lot of effort into what she did."

Mr Dale also gave the trial judge, Justice Brian Martin, a courtroom demonstration of the moves they do in boot- scooting, which include "Buttermilks'' and ''Twinkles.''

The court has previously been told Mrs Rayney attended a boot-scooting class before she disappeared on the night of August 7.

Mr Dale said scuff marks found on the boots she had been wearing that night could not have been caused by dancing."

Can you believe the dance instructor had to show off his line dancing moves in court - do you think they played some music?? Queue Billy Ray Cyrus!!

I agree - it was too much of a coincidence for the car to have been unintentionally left in Kershaw Street.

In my opinion it was a planned act in order to try and frame someone...but I don't think the person being framed was LR.

I still think there is more chance that LR killed his wife than there is of a person who hated LR killing LR's wife.

Of course, it's not out of the question but statistically speaking I'd say that it's more likely the husband killed Corinne.

As for the car being noisy - I may be wrong (not a car expert here) but I think that the main reason it was noisy was because it was being revved for second gear but couldn't achieve that due to insufficient oil pressure in the transmission.

Mrs Durrant said that the car sounded like it 'was struggling to gain power'. My understanding of what she said (and later from the explanation provided by Mr Agius and the mechanic, Mr Zanetti) was that the engine could still work ok but that the car couldn't change gears.

I'm wondering if a driver who figured out what had happened to the car - he must have known he hit the bollard and that there'd be a big hole in the sump, leaking oil - I wonder if he could drive very slowly in first gear and creep into Kershaw Street?

Or perhaps he even switched off the car, got out and pushed it into Kershaw Street?

If anyone is or knows a car mechanic, please feel free to confirm or set me straight here! Could the car be driven quietly and slowly in first gear for a short distance from Thomas Street to Kershaw Street before it was completely undriveable?

JMO
IMO
MOO

I wonder if Corryn's car is a manual or an automatic? That might impact it's ability to be pushed with the engine off?

Tend to think LR's comments to "Sheer" Paradise were all attempts to build his self-serving defence.

WATODAY report of DAY 4 in court

12.50pm: Glenn Dale, who taught bootscooting classes Corryn Rayney attended at the Bentley Community Hall, has been called to give evidence.
The court has been shown a film recorded a week before Mrs Rayney's disappearance of bootscooting at the hall.
Mrs Rayney appears in the film dancing and wearing a white shirt.
As the film played, Mr Dale appeared visibly upset, wiping away tears.

I wonder if LR has shown any emotions in court since the trial began???

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/the-rayney-murder-trial--day-four-of-evidence-20120727-22xwg.html

This article, entitled, 'A Man In Limbo' was written in October 2008, before LR was charged. It describes how life changed for LR after the police named him the 'prime and only suspect'.

Linda Black (LR's bridge partner) and other lawyers are quoted in the story.

LR's arrest on phone-tapping charges is mentioned.

Interestingly, it seems Corinne didn't go with LR to Bermuda when he went to work there for 18 months. Instead she stayed in Australia with the children.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/features/a-man-in-limbo/story-e6frg8h6-1111117843557

Years ago I had a car that leaked oil from the sump and I remember well the complete lack of power it had, the noise the engine made and the smoke it created as it limped along. I had only owned the car for a week before this happened!
:mad::mad:

Hi mouse - Oh, thanks for relating your experience of a major oil shortage in your car.

Yes, I'm wondering if Corinne's car was manual or automatic. It's possible that it could not even be pushed if it's gears weren't functional. Possibly couldn't get it into 'neutral' to push it along manually.

Hi mouse - Oh, thanks for relating your experience of a major oil shortage in your car.

Yes, I'm wondering if Corinne's car was manual or automatic. It's possible that it could not even be pushed if it's gears weren't functional. Possibly couldn't get it into 'neutral' to push it along manually.

I had to call my parents as the engine completely seized up. Needed to have a whole new engine installed!! I thought it was odd that I was having to top up the oil daily!!

:banghead::banghead:

Can ou believe the dance instructor had to show off his line dancing moves in court - do you think they played some music?? Queue Billy Ray Cyrus!!

Lol, yes, it's pretty funny to imagine the dance teacher doing some moves.

Maybe it was to prove he knew what he was talking about with regard to the scratches on the boots and to display the kinds of feet movements to the judge?

I think it's kind of touching too, to think of Corinne enjoying herself as she was doing those same moves.

Yes, I wonder if LR showed any emotion at the vision of his wife alive.

Re: Ms Paradise - She has definitely been a vocal spokesperson for LR.

See the article (linked in my last post). Linda Black, three years ago, also voiced public support of LR before his arrest.

Women seem to like this guy.

IMO

I had to call my parents as the engine completely seized up. Needed to have a whole new engine installed!! I thought it was odd that I was having to top up the oil daily!!

:banghead::banghead:

Aargh! That was drastic! At least the car was still under warranty.

I wonder if Corinne's engine was completely broken when they assessed the damage to the car?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back