Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
no, i found a student paper, later published in a peer reviewed book..her name changed between the two. I then tried to look up the other authors on facebook, too difficult at the moment. I also checked out the professional bona fide's of her husband and while she obviously has a post grad degree....he mainly seems to have certificates and diplomas.

Gee some people get really lucky in the earnings department, although selling one's soul for it I guess is something that people who do not have some narcissistic or psychopathic qualities would make it just as prohibitive.

question: if you could be rich and have lots of nice things but to do it would mean you are selling products of addiction to vulnerable people, could you do it? I am an INT-FJ possibly with an emphasis on the J

I wonder if the qualifications difference was a bug bear? Some people are very sensitive about their spouse having higher qualifications and some with higher qualifications lord it over those without that same level of education.

Nope I couldn't. Riches to me are about family, friends, life experiences and helping and supporting each other. Assets come and go

I wonder if the qualifications difference was a bug bear? Some people are very sensitive about their spouse having higher qualifications and some with higher qualifications lord it over those without that same level of education.

Nope I couldn't. Riches to me are about family, friends, life experiences and helping and supporting each other. Assets come and go

There is some information about her work (presumably pre-children) here

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id...#v=onepage&q=Elisa A. Curry economics&f=false

If Eliza's phone was switched off at 10.30pm and the neighbour is saying they last saw her at 10pm, I'm tipping that a neighbour had something to do with it. Very rarely does someone turn off their phone these days. I think someone who knew Eliza and knew she was alone that night took advantage of her. I believe that person left the gate open and the dog escaped. If I was the cops I would be looking into the neighbours who were with her that evening and anyone that those neighbours had told that Eliza was alone. That neighbour Robyn Briggs who told the cops that Eliza mentioned she had marrital problems looks like she might know something. If this neighbour (Robyn) went to work, did she have a male partner who went back to Eliza's house?

We've had a couple of Newies post, Constable and Mattwriting.
Fresh 'eyes' are very welcome.

and same deal with instagram..no posts and only people following her.. I think someone has deleted all her content, now who could/would do that and why?

and same deal with instagram..no posts and only people following her.. I think someone has deleted all her content, now who could/would do that and why?

It could be as simple as pics of her children being in those places. A protection factor. Perhaps advised by the police.

I noticed this as well, but is she just not an avid social media user, or did she/someone else remove all her content? It's not unheard of for people to set up an Instagram/Pinterest account and then never do anything with it.
Was she an avid Facebook user? The deactivation of the FB account is extremely suspicious to me. I might be reading waaaaay too much into that, but it has really stuck in my head.

Whilst I agree that the link to the neighbour's FB should be taken down, I had a quick look earlier and the neighbour only has 11 friends - so clearly an irregular user - yet we share a mutual friend in common. Talk about six degrees of separation...

I also find it potentially very relevant that Elisa's FB profile was recently deleted. Presumably the police will know exactly when this was done?

If Elisa was running on Sunday morning, she would almost certainly have had either her phone or a gps enabled fitbit or similar with her. I am a keen runner, and pretty much all serious runners I know wouldn't leave the house without one of these. Also, her profile pic shows headphones - from experience I know that people who routinely run whilst listening to music find it difficult to do without music and will always have their phone with them.

If she does have a running app on her phone/smartwatch, her husband or other friends might well have had access to her movements. My friends can see when I'm running on the app I use - and can work out exactly where I am.

Others have commented that she had a usual running route on a backroad towards Lorne - presumably her husband knew her route well. What time did he arrive at the house on Sunday morning? I'm thinking it's quite likely they arrived, realised she wasn't there, and the kids are told to stay at the house whilst the husband goes to look for her? He could easily have known to wait, so as to intercept her? If it was early in the morning, there wouldn't have been many people about. Just a thought.

I think she is saying that if the wife goes missing, when a couple has problems it's a fair bet to look at who stands to benefit from that lucky occurrence., .. the high divorce rate is indicative of those who find the process comforting and rational and while heartbreaking and dreadful sometimes, most get thru it, but it is also fair to say, and correct to say, that there is, among the community , some people, men and women , for whom the process of divorce is anathema , unthinkable and is the last resort, before all else, including murder, is thought about a hell of a lot.

We know this because the murder statistics of men murdering women and women murdering men all under the shadow of imminent divorce, bear out this conclusion.

Yes Trooper, most get through it, as hard and heartbreaking as it is, and stay the same sane and decent people they were before it all went south.

But it tips some over the edge, doesn't it? I'm thinking of Robert Farquharson's three boys Jai, Tyler and Bailey. Arthur Freeman's little girl Darcey; the sort of revenge that's at the extreme edge. Whereas of those who do want revenge, or they may just see it as "justice," most just want to get rid of the wife.

It could be as simple as pics of her children being in those places. A protection factor. Perhaps advised by the police.
it could be..but you can make all your settings private..rather than just deleting everything...I find it weird that she has these accounts (and she has many opinions) yet she is not following anyone and has no content at all.

What time did he arrive at the house on Sunday morning? I'm thinking it's quite likely they arrived, realised she wasn't there, and the kids are told to stay at the house whilst the husband goes to look for her? He could easily have known to wait, so as to intercept her? If it was early in the morning, there wouldn't have been many people about. Just a thought.

An interesting thought!!! It's been said in the media he arrived with the kids at 9am - it is quoted back in the thread somewhere....

Okay, on further inspection of her Instagram, it looks like she probably never had any content to delete, so it's likely not sus at all. She doesn't follow anyone, and only has 25 followers, all of whom seem genuine, and most of whom match up with people who appeared to be people she was friends with in real life/on Facebook.
When you first sign up for Instagram, you link your Facebook account and anyone you're friends with on Facebook who also has Instagram, gets a notification on Instagram that their fb friend, "Elisa Curry" in this case, has joined Instagram, and asks if they want to "follow" them. It's to get you "started" with followers, and you usually end up with an artbitrary handful of followers from your fb friends. This is what it looks like to me.
ETA: She also has no posts on IG, which is not unusual considering she only has 25 followers and doesn't follow anyone in return. And if you look at her followers, lots of them have 0-10 posts themselves. She's obviously not in an IG heavy social set.

No worries. Trooper already explained.

And hey, I can be as ridiculous as anyone else, ya know. Given half a chance. :)

Aww, sorry SA, I shouldn't have said that, I know perfectly well you're always the voice of sweet reason.
I was being tetchy and should have just walked away for five minutes. Sorry! :peace:

In the Herald Sun this evening:

The Herald Sun can reveal Mrs Curry, 43, contacted the newspaper in the hours before she disappeared from Aireys Inlet overnight Saturday.

Records show Mrs Curry sent the Herald Sun a text message at 2.21pm on Saturday to express her views on the same-sex marriage debate.

“You should know what you are voting for before you cast your vote,” the Letter to the Editor said. “Thank you John Howard for being forthright and honest in what has been a vicious campaign largely run by extremists. I love and respect gay people and they deserve better than this.”

The former economist has been a regular contributor to newspaper debates. Described by friends as highly intelligent, the Surrey Hills woman has written of women’s financial security, the destigmatisation of substance abuse and the rights of stay-at-home mothers.

After sending the message, the mother of three then watched the AFL Grand Final with neighbours and celebrated Richmond’s win into the evening.

A woman who lives nearby has told police she was with Mrs Curry at the family’s Aireys St holiday house and Mrs Curry was preparing for bed.

Mrs Curry had messaged her husband, David, who had been with couple’s children at the football. When Mr Curry arrived at the beach house the next day, there was no sign of his wife.

The search for the missing mum will enter its fifth day on Thursday, with divers possibly called in to scour the ocean tomorrow following her mysterious disappearance.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/aireys-inlet-woman-elisa-curry-missing-after-run-with-black-labrador/news-story/d536644942a700774ace22805ab90ea6

Not much fresh detail there, is there?

In the same report, Inspector Peter Seel said he believed she disappeared after going for a run. He was saying if a person fell from a cliff they could be either dragged out to sea or become trapped under rocks; it would depend on where they fell. If onto rocks, the body could be caught within rocks under water.

In the Herald Sun this evening:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...r/news-story/d536644942a700774ace22805ab90ea6

Not much fresh detail there, is there?

In the same report, Inspector Peter Seel said he believed she disappeared after going for a run. He was saying if a person fell from a cliff they could be either dragged out to sea or become trapped under rocks; it would depend on where they fell. If onto rocks, the body could be caught within rocks under water.

Hmm... Her last "Letter to the Editor" is interesting.

I'm still wonder if RB was the neighbor who saw her last or if it was another neighbor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member