Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The husband didn't seem at all like the Gerard Baden clay, John sharpe interviews . He came across as sad and genuine IMO.

I agree - I feel he was keeping himself composed. No fake squeaky "I'm sad" palaver. He also had to walk back inside to his distressed children which I think would help him remain composed. I have had to suppress grief because it was upsetting my child to see me so upset and I was surprised how seeing the effect on him made me get myself under control (comes out later of course).

Hey guys, first time poster here. I've been intently following the case and have loved reading all your thoughts and theories and wanted to share a few too (though they're mainly questions!)

I don't think she took the dog on her marathon runs - it looks quite.. fat? (Still cute though!) But if she was suicidal... maybe she took him for comfort in the final minutes? But where was it on Sunday? still trying to make its way back home? Was it held captive somewhere else & then released? (Could be something sinister or maybe someone found it and took it in to look after it but then freaked and just let it go when they realised it was Elisa's dog? But then why was it visibly distressed when found? Starvation or ??)

Random thought - Tigers' fans ecstatic about gf win - set off fireworks - gate wasn't shut properly after guests left - dog escapes?

I'm not sold on the husband theory just yet - given that inspector himself has stated that the whole family is distressed it gives me the vibe that they have been cooperating with police. The police could probably confirm his alibi with phone pings / pinging with their children's phones (12 is high school age right? though I'm pretty sure I see toddlers smart devices) But it's still early on I guess and anything can come out of the woodworks!

Re: flyer - I agree those comments about depression & alcoholicism on the flyer are in poor taste. If it was internal use then ok I guess but why did police allow it to be in the video? Sloppy social media person or???

As for marathon running - some people on Twitter have spoken about Elisa being in their running community and there are photos of her running / in a bib for 50km(!!!) race.

I don't think there has been a deliberate change of narrative, I think someone is going to get their arse handed to them for that flyer being shown to the wider public via that youtube video. It looks like it is for police or SES. Where was that originally broadcast?

It's on the Victoria Police FB page with 150 shares and 30k views.

Not a single person has commented on the flyer

Despite the peculiar behaviour of the neighbour I have always felt suicide was the most likely explanation for Elisa's disappearance.
If it is true that her Facebook page was deactivated, maybe she did so if she had experienced bullying online in response to some of her opinions in letters to the editor.
For someone that might be suicidal maybe the term 'grand final' had some symbolism. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tweeted VicPol on that particular video to check for 'information displayed not meant for the public'. It's out though now, pretty hard to put the genie back in bottle.

Good on you for doing that. I was going to message them on FB...

The people that generally comment on those FB posts don't need any encouragement...

I am prepared for her to be a marathon runner, OR an alcoholic.. but not both at the same time.

Either she is an alcoholic now, or she runs marathons now....

The marathon runner's physiology is tempered in a different cauldron. Marathon running is not something you take up and put down.. The mind itself has to be trained to accept the willingness to start and continue, and a certain plateau of pain suppression for quite a while , an hour , hour and a half which is a hell of a long time if you are in the middle of it. She couldn't be ingesting alcohol and putting her kidneys thru marathon running concurrently. It's one or the other. Daily training of at least 20 klms. all weathers, all hours... 20 consecutive kls... not broken up.. Training for running spurts at the end of it when the body is beside itself. The feet of marathon runners require constant attention, and toughening up..

So I would like to know which was the current operative narrative. Alcoholic, or marathon runner.. as of Sunday.

Hi everyone

I am a relative newbie. Long time lurker.

I just wanted to make a list of what I think are some of the important points that I don't think have actually been confirmed by MSM yet before they begin to feel like facts on here ;)

Is RB the SAME female neighbour who visited at 10pm to discuss a personal matter? I don't think this is confirmed?
RB is quoted (in quotes) as saying "I saw her on Saturday before I went to work and that's the last time I've seen her." in this article
http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/10/02/13/27/victorian-mother-missing-after-afl-grand-final
I think it has been 'assumed' that this sighting was at 10pm but I have yet to see an article that actually says this. Or an article that says RB was the neighbour who was the last person to see Elisa. Has anyone got a link for that?

Was the dog found with or without a leash attached? I don't think its leash status has been mentioned at all in any news article that I have seen. Has anyone got a link? [...]
(rsbm)

Hi SJK welcome :wave:
Some of the problem I am finding is that several things referenced have been on a news station video, but not necessarily written online.
And often then, those videos are updated...

So even a link to a video may bring up a video, but only the updated version (just like written articles.)

From now on, whenever I mention anything from a video, I'm going to try to note not only the link, but date, and even a screen shot if there is any informational text layover.

It does get a bit confusing (and frustrating), especially with the details changing so rapidly!

I am prepared for her to be a marathon runner, OR an alcoholic.. but not both at the same time.

Either she is an alcoholic now, or she runs marathons now....

The marathon runner's physiology is tempered in a different cauldron. Marathon running is not something you take up and put down.. The mind itself has to be trained to accept the willingness to start and continue, and a certain plateau of pain suppression for quite a while , an hour , hour and a half which is a hell of a long time if you are in the middle of it. She couldn't be ingesting alcohol and putting her kidneys thru marathon running concurrently. It's one or the other. Daily training of at least 20 klms. all weathers, all hours... 20 consecutive kls... not broken up.. Training for running spurts at the end of it when the body is beside itself. The feet of marathon runners require constant attention, and toughening up..

So I would like to know which was the current operative narrative. Alcoholic, or marathon runner.. as of Sunday.

If Elisa is a recovering alcoholic, as someone suggested, then marathon running may be her choice as part of the recovery.

Then the police internal flier should have stated recovering alcoholic.

What the heck is going on in this investigation???!!

On a limb, could she have had a few light refreshments followed by a sleeping tablet i.e.: STILNOX. As a shift worker Stilnox was the sleeping tablet of choice. On a number of occasions after a little light refreshment say early evening 1800 followed by a Stilnox for an 0430 wake up - my partner found me at the foot of the stairs/along with wandering down the street. Needless to say these meds are not readily dispensed these days. If this lady had a combination of both, anything could be possible. Phoebe Handsjuk case refers to the above combination as well.

emirates.
Shift work, as you know plays havoc on your body, with loads sleep probs.
Lucky you didn't have a serious accident.

Here now, don't know what to think.
Perhaps after a few drinks, Elisa was melancholy and neighbour came to check.
?? what happened next, we would all like to know, if above can be relied on!!!

I wish they would list the exact facts with a timeline and refer to each neighbour as neighbour A, neighbour B etc..

That would be most convenient for me.

...you said it Sistah! Me too, Dammit!

Random thought - Tigers' fans ecstatic about gf win - set off fireworks - gate wasn't shut properly after guests left - dog escapes?

Good post, Random. :)

But do we have to keep mentioning the ecstatic Tigers' fans?!!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
(hint, hint ... look which state I live in. hahahaha )

When the dog was found, he was NOT on a leash.
My bad :shame:
I don't know where I got the thing about the leash. And I can't find it again. I thought I read it on this thread but going back through, I obviously read wrong - there's a couple of comments just wondering about the leash so I must have got that bit mixed up. I'll go back and edit my post, I'm so sorry everyone :facepalm:

As for marathon running - some people on Twitter have spoken about Elisa being in their running community and there are photos of her running / in a bib for 50km(!!!) race.

what photos?
where?

When the dog was found, he was NOT on a leash.
My bad :shame:
I don't know where I got the thing about the leash. And I can't find it again. I thought I read it on this thread but going back through, I obviously read wrong - there's a couple of comments just wondering about the leash so I must have got that bit mixed up. I'll go back and edit my post, I'm so sorry everyone :facepalm:

That is okay, kelynn. Thanks for letting us know.
You are not the first person to misread things, or get the wrong impression. We have all done it.

Elisa Curry's Disappearance: What We Know So Far

The 43-year-old has not been seen since AFL Grand Final night.

05/10/2017 9:33 PM AEDT Updated 3 minutes ago
Luke Cooper
Associate Editor, HuffPost Australia

‘The disappearance of Melbourne mum Elisa Curry has left members of the Victoria Police, State Emergency Service (SES) and search authorities well and truly stumped.

As rescuers intensively scour the Great Otway National Park around her Aireys Inlet residence for her whereabouts, the 43-year-old mother of three remains missing five days after she was last seen on Saturday, September 30

And while the search area has been scaled back from a 20km radius around her house -- including nearby bushland, beaches and cliffsides close to the Great Ocean Road -- to just a 300m radius, it's the timeline and nature of events leading up to and after her disappearance that really makes this story so peculiar.

So what do we already know? Let us fill you in.

Read more at:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/20...disappearance-what-we-know-so-far_a_23233380/

The lack of photos is interesting...do you think it's because there's no FB account to take them from?

They seem quiet private people - not much of a digital footprint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0