Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With regard to the disbelief that Elisa could be a marathon runner AND an alcoholic simultaneously, it’s totally plausible.

I have a close family member who runs marathons/competes in triathlons etc, he too suffers from mental illness AND he is an alcoholic IMO.

I say this not to disparage Elisa or be negative towards her case, but I see important information being discounted as implausible when it could be crucial.

I have no insider info, but one can absolutely be both a marathon runner and an alcoholic. It is a complicated, longterm disease and many addicts have significant periods (months, years) of sobriety. A family member of mine with substance abuse issues used to exercise intensely as it helped him stay sober.

So many Australians have mental health conditions. Because of this, I would hope her alleged depression couldn't be used as a way to discredit her. Although I am sure like anyone she would want her medical information to remain private.

I hope her children get some kind of resolution soon. It must be intolerable.

Goodness, it took them long enough. No reaction to that comment yet though.

There was one comment stating that the writer agreed with the comment and that the information in the flyer was irrelevent (the gratituous information, that is). The last time that I looked at the criticizing comment, it had been up 20 minutes, and I think it may have been 'pulled' not long after. It was worded strongly enough to garner attention by Vic Police. I just cannot understand why it wasn't picked up internally much earlier. Unfortunately, the damage is done, never to be undone. Quite disgraceful really.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...closed-facebook-account-days-before-vanishing

Looking at the picture in this news article I can see a possible reason why the dog was found wandering the streets and ended up in a neighbour's yard and not back home in it's own place.

Maybe the dog was not only hungry and thirsty, but the gate might have been closed and judging by this picture it seems as if the dog maybe wasn't able to jump the fence or gate to get back in...

My labrador, (labradors are not known for their height jumping prowess), wasn't a jumper and there's no way she would have ever been able to jump over a gate nor a fence at that height, no matter how distressed or desperate or hungry she was.

The Curry beach house at Arey's Inlet, with the family dog visible at the gate

attachment.php

poor little lab, they love their food and cuddles, feel really sad for its distress and hope its also being comforted

Hi hope they delete the comment, as well -- now that thing is out there saying she's an alcoholic... maybe even worse than the video, as it's right there in print. No need to zoom-in on a video any longer.
Great that it served its purpose, but that needs to go now, too.

The whole post has been removed

But the police circular is in The Australian now

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...n/news-story/110c81a3066b28cb26774edda42ef99c

A Melbourne mother who has been missing for almost a week discussed a “personal matter” with a neighbour, before vanishing from her beachside holiday home on Victoria’s Surf Coast.

Authorities will today continue the search for Elisa Curry, from Surrey Hills in Melbourne’s east, after scouring the rugged coastline, bushland and nearby properties for signs of the 43-year-old, who has not been seen or heard from since Saturday.

The last person to see Ms Curry was a female neighbour, who, together with her husband, had been at Ms Curry’s house for part of the evening celebrating the Richmond Tigers’ AFL grand final win. According to police, the couple went home but the female neighbour later returned to Ms Curry’s house alone to talk over a “personal matter”.

She has told investigators that she left about 10pm, and saw Ms Curry get into bed.

Police have not disclosed the nature of the personal matter but said it was a “small part of a bigger investigation”.

“There was another lady, a friend of hers, who had been with her and watched the football together. The neighbours are a different group,” Inspector Peter Seel said yesterday.

“They both left, then the female neighbour came back.”

A document released by Victoria Police last night said Ms Curry suffered from depression and was reported to be an alcoholic.

Inspector Seel said the case was proving different to a typical missing person investigation in that there were virtually no clues. “Normally you might have a direction of travel, or a car left somewhere, or a phone pings, or things (are) not at home,” he said.

“The difficulty here is we haven’t had any of that. We don’t know what she was wearing, we don’t know the time, what her state of mind was.

“It was difficult to gather that together and know what’s happened. It’s different in that sense; there is nothing we can use at the moment to know what’s happened.”

Police know Ms Curry, a marathoner runner, had been in contact with her husband David on Saturday night via text message as they discussed the AFL result, and she also sent a SMS to The Herald Sun newspaper on the topic of same-sex marriage at 2.21pm. Her mobile phone, which is still missing, was last “pinged” at the Aireys Inlet home at 10.30pm but was then switched off.

Police refused to comment yesterday on Ms Curry’s state of mind in the weeks leading up to her disappearance, but said neighbours believe she wasn’t in any distress and was “upbeat” about Richmond’s win.

She was initially thought to have become lost or injured after going for a run late on Saturday or early on Sunday morning, with the search focused on parks, cliffs and the remote coastal trails the keen marathoner was known to frequent. However, police have conceded they were uncertain whether she went for a run at all, and are exploring it as only one of several lines of inquiry.

There was one comment stating that the writer agreed with the comment and that the information in the flyer was irrelevent (the gratituous information, that is). The last time that I looked at the criticizing comment, it had been up 20 minutes, and I think it may have been 'pulled' not long after. It was worded strongly enough to garner attention by Vic Police. I just cannot understand why it wasn't picked up internally much earlier. Unfortunately, the damage is done, never to be undone. Quite disgraceful really.
I agree. It's out there now.
The comment had been up 17 minutes when I saw it, and no one had reacted to it, but it obviously didn't take much longer.

But the police circular is in The Australian now

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...n/news-story/110c81a3066b28cb26774edda42ef99c

A Melbourne mother who has been missing for almost a week discussed a “personal matter” with a neighbour, before vanishing from her beachside holiday home on Victoria’s Surf Coast.

Authorities will today continue the search for Elisa Curry, from Surrey Hills in Melbourne’s east, after scouring the rugged coastline, bushland and nearby properties for signs of the 43-year-old, who has not been seen or heard from since Saturday.

The last person to see Ms Curry was a female neighbour, who, together with her husband, had been at Ms Curry’s house for part of the evening celebrating the Richmond Tigers’ AFL grand final win. According to police, the couple went home but the female neighbour later returned to Ms Curry’s house alone to talk over a “personal matter”.

She has told investigators that she left about 10pm, and saw Ms Curry get into bed.

Police have not disclosed the nature of the personal matter but said it was a “small part of a bigger investigation”.

“There was another lady, a friend of hers, who had been with her and watched the football together. The neighbours are a different group,” Inspector Peter Seel said yesterday.

“They both left, then the female neighbour came back.”

A document released by Victoria Police last night said Ms Curry suffered from depression and was reported to be an alcoholic

Inspector Seel said the case was proving different to a typical missing person investigation in that there were virtually no clues. “Normally you might have a direction of travel, or a car left somewhere, or a phone pings, or things (are) not at home,” he said.

“The difficulty here is we haven’t had any of that. We don’t know what she was wearing, we don’t know the time, what her state of mind was.

“It was difficult to gather that together and know what’s happened. It’s different in that sense; there is nothing we can use at the moment to know what’s happened.”

Police know Ms Curry, a marathoner runner, had been in contact with her husband David on Saturday night via text message as they discussed the AFL result, and she also sent a SMS to The Herald Sun newspaper on the topic of same-sex marriage at 2.21pm. Her mobile phone, which is still missing, was last “pinged” at the Aireys Inlet home at 10.30pm but was then switched off.

Police refused to comment yesterday on Ms Curry’s state of mind in the weeks leading up to her disappearance, but said neighbours believe she wasn’t in any distress and was “upbeat” about Richmond’s win.

She was initially thought to have become lost or injured after going for a run late on Saturday or early on Sunday morning, with the search focused on parks, cliffs and the remote coastal trails the keen marathoner was known to frequent. However, police have conceded they were uncertain whether she went for a run at all, and are exploring it as only one of several lines of inquiry.
BBM
So this "document" will be that flyer, and while it was "released", it wasn't really meant to be released, but someone at The Australia has a keen eye (or lurks on WS) So there was probably no point removing that post from the VicPol fb page :-(

And now the same information is published in 'The Australian' newspaper. As I said earlier, the damage is done, never to be undone. Her poor family, especially her children.

At 12:40 am there are currently 57 users browsing this thread. (20 members and 37 guests).

Well, this member is off to bed. Goodnight all.

im wondering if she overdid the drinking that night and spiralled into a dark place and her neighbour was concerned enough to go back and check on her, tucking her into bed and comforting her, alcohol can be lethal to people suffering depression, she may have already been making plans to disappear, deleting her facebook and turning off her phone, and this just seemed like the right time, everyone away etc it seems the simplest explanation for her disappearance, and maybe she left the gate open and her dog followed and spent all night out cold and hungry and lost?
also maybe she was using marathon training to help beat her depression but then laspsed back into alcohol when she couldnt cope

s/s from above video [video=youtube;G7Ernj85EKQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Ernj85EKQ&app=desktop[/video]

attachment.php

:thud:Video has been removed. Sounds as if this was not meant to be released to the public, but too late now.

Ye gods, just on 1am and I've finally caught up with this thread. I've been following it all day but 4-5 pages behind all day and at one stage it was even 6. It's been going so fast!

I've seen it mentioned a number of times today that Elisa shut down both her Facebook and Fitbit "in the days before her disappearance." One or the other I wouldn't think so strange, but both? It suggests a conscious opting out of her life (or lifestyle). You have to wonder.

I just don't know what to think any more. It's horrible to think that if she did have an accident, and there was any chance of her being rescued, that's probably not a realistic hope any more. It's all so very sad.

At 12:40 am there are currently 57 users browsing this thread. (20 members and 37 guests).

It's 10 AM here on the east coast of the US. I've been trying to catch up on all the posts while I was asleep. Maybe many other lurkers are too. :greetings:

And I highly doubt the husband having involvement especially because he was definitely at the GF with kids

Football finished at what, 530pm? He had plenty of time between 10 pm ish Elisa last seen and 9am husband reports her missing.
Jmo😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member