Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that Elisa has unfortunately committed suicide, and her body washed to sea. I believe she may have had Bi-Polar disorder (formerly called Manic Depression). Her excessive writing/musings at times, may be indicative of hypergraphia (excessive writing) which can be a hallmark of mania. Her running too may indicate she had excess energy to burn at times, yet have been low in energy at other times (depression). High intelligence actually increases BP prevalence. I have BP, high intelligence and am a 42 year old woman - I can relate to this case and her mental health crises. BP is often not picked up quickly, it may have been that she was getting inadequate help if she was being treated for unipolar depression, rather than BP. BP has the highest addiction rate of all mental health disorders too, thus her alcoholism (if true) may relate to this disorder. BP also carries the highest suicide rate of all mental health conditions. Wishing her peace wherever she may be and to her family.

Thank you for your insight - that actually makes so much sense explained the way you have. I have also learned new things too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Throughout both threads there has been several comments regarding suicide notes, why didn't EC leave one, surely she would have left one if that was her intention, she was a prolific letter writer so she definitely would have left one, she has children and there's no way someone would leave their children wondering etc.
So I thought I would add some information regarding statistics to do with suicide notes, as it might be of interest. Leaving a suicide note is MUCH less common than you might think, and many, many more people leave no note at all than do leave a note, women are much less likely to leave a note, people who take their life at home are more likely to leave a note, people who use a physical method outdoors (hanging, jumping from a building/bridge/cliff, jumping in front of a train, for example) are less likely to leave a note, people with children are no more or less likely to leave a note. And notes are often not explanatory, but say no more than "I'm sorry". (It's not limited to this, but I thought this information felt relevant)
There are a lot of quite fascinating studies in this area, and it's not always what you might instinctively imagine.

That’s true notes left are often something to decipher.. rambles even... still it’s all a little neat for me so still leaning toward foul play

Police saying "we haven't got a crime" and then putting a link for lifeline? [emoji848]

I think MSM are jumping the gun with the lifeline suggestion unless a suicide note has been found!

I'm feeling rotten undercurrents with this case.

Maybe she was bullied online by her comments and itwas all too much. <modsnip>

That&#8217;s true notes left are often something to decipher.. rambles even... still it&#8217;s all a little neat for me so still leaning toward foul play

ooo crikey.. you hit the one thing that has been baffling me for days... that it is all a little too neat.. just the fact that the police , to their own bafflement which has to be quantum leaped from mine, have no clue. Not a clue..Not One Clue.. How neat is that?... is Elisa that clever?... that she herself could leave no clue to her own death?... by her own hand?.. that someone else could be so clever to make it look that way?.. that Locard's principle has finally been snookered?...

Thank you tiddles in sharing your personal journey, having a mum battling mental illness.
I wonder, if this applies here, with the Curry family?

Sorry, as unable to link your post from previous thread.

Ya cracking me up!

:laughing:

I'm never posting about a rumour on social media ever again....

A rumour on social media? I've never heard of such a thing! :D The way in which people respond and the differing trains of thought - its much worse than here lol. It's enough to do your head in. All the mistakes & misinterpretations etc, just wow

A rumour on social media? I've never heard of such a thing! :D The way in which people respond and the differing trains of thought - its much worse than here lol. It's enough to do your head in. All the mistakes & misinterpretations etc, just wow

:giggle:

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...t/news-story/bfdd7bb5d1126a454f1cdc550cbf1d19
this case is reminding me more and more of Robyn Santen who disappeared in Perth August 2015. The coroner recently returned an open verdict. In that case when she went missing a lot of information (such as the note) was withheld by LE from MSM reports during the search for her.

thanks for that headsup, PM.....'subsequently drowned after her Volkswagen Golf was found abandoned on August 9, with her mobile phone still inside and the keys in the ignition.'

I wonder why she didn't take her mobile phone with her?.. into the water, I mean.... there has to be some rationale to it.

Do I take it to mean that the brother thinks the husbands letter on her kitchen bench was placed after her 'suicide'.. ?? have I got that right?

Throughout both threads there has been several comments regarding suicide notes, "why didn't EC leave one", "surely she would have left one if that was her intention", "she was a prolific letter writer so she definitely would have left one", "she has children and there's no way someone would leave their children wondering" etc.
So I thought I would add some information regarding statistics to do with suicide notes, as it might be of interest. Leaving a suicide note is MUCH less common than you might think, and many, many more people leave no note at all than do leave a note, women are much less likely to leave a note, people who take their life at home are more likely to leave a note, people who use a physical method outdoors (hanging, jumping from a building/bridge/cliff, jumping in front of a train, for example) are less likely to leave a note, people with children are no more or less likely to leave a note, and people who have had a previous diagnosis of mental illness are less likely to leave a note. And notes are often not explanatory, but say no more than "I'm sorry". (It's not limited to this, but I thought this information felt relevant)
There are a lot of quite fascinating studies in this area, and it's not always what you might instinctively imagine.

Where is your information coming from? My understanding is that the research is extremely inconclusive with the prevalence of notes varying from as little as 5% to as much as 45%, many studies cite very close percentage (less than 1%) difference between men and women. Some studies cite those who use more violent methods such as hanging, jumping or shooting as more likely to leave a note...and you seem to have information in regard to the opposite. Some studies found that those which do not involve psychiatric illness are more likely to leave a note. Some differently report the statistical differences between letters, notes, sms, phone call, sm posting. It has not formed a consistent set of data yet.

---the orange "MWS?" comment is just that person asking the op, if he means EC might be something like fhe MWS case...
Okay, I feel like I need to clear this up. The MWS mentioned in the FB screenshot was a pure coincidence, and completely unrelated to the missing barrister in the UK. It just so happened that someone with the same name (MWS) replied to a comment in thread, then another person replied to his reply (yes, this can now be done in FB) but their "reply" was just his name and a question mark, as in they were questioning his reply. That was all. The replies didn't appear indented, because of further edited of my original screen shot by another WSer :)
Hopefully that's all clear now. And I promise to never post another screenshot ever again :)

Would a person suffering from depression - if that is the case - go to ground or harm herself and leave her young children dangling? With so many questions and no finalised outcome?

Genuine question, as I cannot see a mother doing this to her little ones. Not an intelligent woman who appears to care about many things, according to her published comments and interactions.

She may have done similar years ago, but perhaps before children.

Surely there would be a note somewhere, or a journal for her children. Something to tell them how much she loves them, to do good with their lives, to know she will always be with them in their hearts. Is a depressed person so self-focused that they would not consider the lasting ramifications on their children, of disappearing or harming themselves and not being found?

Thank you SA. What IS wrong with wanting some time out from 3 whinging brats. A couple of times grandma helped by having them over for a couple of sleepovers.
I wasn't suicidal just totally buggered!

I just don't want to give up on this lady.

Where are these rumours coming from? Her husband?

And if it took you a while to figure it out on them shame on you as an Aussie

My dad used to be so excited to compete in the same races as De Castella. Not quite the same elite level, but happy to be running the same track just the same &#128512;

where is her mobile phone. ....

she turns it off , they say, around 10.30pm.. but everyone knows that doesn't turn the GPS off, and a few other things as well that keep clacking away, ..

he arrives at the house 9am. Concludes that she is missing. Rings police, reports a missing person..

so out the outside the phone has been switched off for approx. 11 hours, give or take an hour either way. . is that enough for a battery to go flat? mine hasn't ever done that...

i hear you, it's hypocritical? I think sometimes it is treading a fine line when suggesting reasons for a victim's behaviour without sounding offensive, even though no one said it applied to elisa, it was one of many reasons for mental health issues or alcoholism in women. If elisa is found alive, she would be pretty offended being publicly labeled an alcoholic, imo.

bravo!

Where is your information coming from? My understanding is that the research is extremely inconclusive with the prevalence of notes varying from as little as 5% to as much as 45%, many studies cite very close percentage (less than 1%) difference between men and women. Some studies cite those who use more violent methods such as hanging, jumping or shooting as more likely to leave a note...and you seem to have information in regard to the opposite. Some studies found that those which do not involve psychiatric illness are more likely to leave a note. Some differently report the statistical differences between letters, notes, sms, phone call, sm posting. It has not formed a consistent set of data yet.
My information is referencing contemporary Australian studies, is your information referencing Australian studies? Because the findings can vary, sometimes quite significantly from country to country?

Thank you SA. What IS wrong with wanting some time out from 3 whinging brats. A couple of times grandma helped by having them over for a couple of sleepovers.
I wasn't suicidal just totally buggered!

I just don't want to give up on this lady.

Where are these rumours coming from? Her husband?

That’s the thing. Who is providing this “information” because we’re not seeing too many of “her tribe” popping their heads up, handing out flyers or posting prolifically on SM... the information source mmm who are they?

Okay, I feel like I need to clear this up. The MWS mentioned in the FB screenshot was a pure coincidence, and completely unrelated to the missing barrister in the UK. It just so happened that someone with the same name (MWS) replied to a comment in thread, then another person replied to his reply (yes, this can now be done in FB) but their "reply" was just his name and a question mark, as in they were questioning his reply. That was all. The replies didn't appear indented, because of further edited of my original screen shot by another WSer :)
Hopefully that's all clear now. And I promise to never post another screenshot ever again :)

Lulu no need to apologise for what you express. Totally valid input . You have every right to post anything within the rules of this sight you like.

My dad used to be so excited to compete in the same races as De Castella. Not quite the same elite level, but happy to be running the same track just the same &#55357;&#56832;

Thanks Rose. I made the almighty mistake of spelling his name wrong . What a legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKP