Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Had the AFL grand final been on husband's "bucket list" perhaps? - I feel remembered of the husband in the MB case, can't change it, sorry. Maybe, it's only the optics/appearance.

Now I know again why I especially felt remembered of MB's husband: He also didn't seem very sad and frightened but said he had to care for his 3 distressed children now - as DC did. One good method to escape all the unpleasant questions, demanding compassion and thoughtfulness. IMO

Had the AFL grand final been on husband's "bucket list" perhaps? - I feel remembered of the husband in the MB case, can't change it, sorry. Maybe, it's only the optics/appearance.

Now I know again why I especially felt remembered of MB's husband: He also didn't seem very sad and frightened but said he had to care for his 3 distressed children now - as DC did. One good method to escape all the unpleasant questions, demanding compassion and thoughtfulness. IMO

I’ve seen GB-C’s performance and I’d have to say that I see no comparison between his ‘appeal’ and that of Elisa’s husband.

Oh OK, that's similar as Baden-Clay. It's was all about how hard it is with the children. Poor me, feel sorry for me, look what I'M going through.
Almost blaming the victim?
Is that what you mean or am I totally off balance here.

I’ve seen GB-C’s performance and I’d have to say that I see no comparison between his ‘appeal’ and that of Elisa’s husband.

Bo I can see comparisons but I don't know how I'd react if I was in that position pleading for my loved ones. Nerves can distort everything.

At the stage of the plea he must have already realised 'hey this could look really bad for me here'.

I doubt an autopsy could tell if Elisa got stuck in a rip or intentionally kept swimming out to sea. The amount of water in her lungs would be the same or if she was pushed off a cliff or jumped, the injuries would be identical. IMO.

If elisa was pushed off a cliff how did she get to the cliff's edge and why would her phonebe turned off? Even if someone asked to go for a walk with her, the phone being turned off bugs me.

Now if she was deceased before entering the water - would that show up in an autopsy? Maybe no water inhaled in her lungs?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

If elisa was pushed off a cliff how did she get to the cliff's edge and why would her phonebe turned off? Even if someone asked to go for a walk with her, the phone being turned off bugs me.

Now if she was deceased before entering the water - would that show up in an autopsy? Maybe no water inhaled in her lungs?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

:seeya: decsimp.
I believe if she was deceased before entering the water there wouldn't be inhaled water in her lungs.
Autopsies can tell if the deceased drowned elsewhere, say, in the bath.

Same as if a person is burnt alive then there is internal damage to throat, lungs etc.

That's how LE knew Karen Chetcutti was burnt alive due to the internal damage.

Bo I can see comparisons but I don't know how I'd react if I was in that position pleading for my loved ones. Nerves can distort everything.

At the stage of the plea he must have already realised 'hey this could look really bad for me here'.

Just thinking that the difference between B-C and DC is that we now know B-C knew where ABC was, and was setting the scene for him being the victim.

There are things that we may never know about this case. We have no idea what the private discussions were about, what state of mind Elisa was in, whether or not she did suffer from depression, whether or not she was successfully medicated for her depression, or even if there was a letter/hint left for DC. Any of these things may have shaped his public plea. He may have been worried that she has taken her life, hence the “if” you are out there comment.

The other thing I think of is trying to find the balance between publicly appealing for help, and remaining private in the case of suicide. I think of all the information the B-C girls will have access to should they choose to search for it. Our lives aren’t everyone else’s business, and maybe he’s trying to preserve some dignity for his 3 children.

And if she did suicide, did she hope that her remains would never be found? I get that having her loved ones find her would be traumatic, but I also think of the trauma caused by suddenly vanishing and having a huge operation to find you. Either option is terribly upsetting for your children and loved ones. Again, when you are suicidal these things probably don’t occur to you...but was she suicidal??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think once a phone is submerged in water (if that is what happened and she had her phone on her) the phone would not work anymore and any calls after that would go straight to messagebank (which is what police said was happening to her messages)...

“We know she has a mobile (phone) but it’s not at the home. It’s going straight to message bank.”

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...y/news-story/c6e5444f18d582edc3fd9cafcd3b2ea9

I think the conversations that night will reveal all but if classed as suicide, I doubt it will be publicised.

Without the catalysts leading up to that morning I think the autopsy will leave doubts.

I think the conversations that night will reveal all but if classed as suicide, I doubt it will be publicised.

Without the catalysts leading up to that morning I think the autopsy will leave doubts.

I get the feeling we won’t hear anymore about this case if they class it as suicide.

I get the feeling we won’t hear anymore about this case if they class it as suicide.

I'll have to accept that the autopsy will be the finality if suicide is ruled.

Once the media were banned from reporting suicides or attempts. I think now they can to assist in raising the awareness.

However I do not go along with the suicide theory. Unless there was a note left. I would like to find out more about the neighbours, as that is where the dog was found and all that seems a bit strange to me. Wonder how we can obtain a copy of the autopsy???

Once the media were banned from reporting suicides or attempts. I think now they can to assist in raising the awareness.

However I do not go along with the suicide theory. Unless there was a note left. I would like to find out more about the neighbours, as that is where the dog was found and all that seems a bit strange to me. Wonder how we can obtain a copy of the autopsy???
I'll be interested to see if a copy of the autopsy will be available. In the US it seems autopsies used to be public record but are quickly becoming "part of an ongoing investigation" and thus withheld from the public.

I'll be interested to see if a copy of the autopsy will be available. In the US it seems autopsies used to be public record but are quickly becoming "part of an ongoing investigation" and thus withheld from the public.

Autopsy reports are only available to ‘interested parties’ upon a successful application to the Coroner once he/she has delivered their findings. I’ve linked the Victorian Coroner’s website a few times in this forum if you read back aways.

I would think once a phone is submerged in water (if that is what happened and she had her phone on her) the phone would not work anymore and any calls after that would go straight to messagebank (which is what police said was happening to her messages)...

“We know she has a mobile (phone) but it’s not at the home. It’s going straight to message bank.”

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...y/news-story/c6e5444f18d582edc3fd9cafcd3b2ea9

She may have turned her phone off or it may have run out of power and she put it on recharge but forgot to turn it on the next morning before putting it in her pocket. I also think most people wouldn’t take their phone with them intentionally, if they had decided to take their own life. Without thinking? Maybe but it was reported that Elise was getting into bed the last time she was seen. She could have put it into the pocket of a jacket or robe if she went out after 10:00pm.

Also, I’d be more likely to think Elisa took her own life if she had left the house that night and there was some type of ‘marker’, ie; a piece of her neatly folded outer clothing with her phone in the pocket, her footwear, etc. If her remains were found partially clothed and shod with running gear, I’m more inclined to think her death was accidental.

The Victorian Coroner might release findings without an inquest. Elisa’s name could be suppressed though.

I think it would require an inquest to arrive at a finding, Bo. What the coroner will do now is declare Ms Curry dead, but that is just the beginning.. ..

Like any Australian who dies unexpectedly, under unexplained circumstances, ( and a whole lot other criteria as well ) Elisa 's death makes an inquest compulsory. You can't die as she did, and not be the subject of an inquest. Her body is under the authority of the Coroner, what remains of it, and as far as I know, hasn't been released to her family. .

Coroner's Inquests are public matters, in 99.999999%,.. it requires a whole lot of official bumf and negotiation to make it private. I don't see any circumstance that would make hers a matter for suppression.. . .. nothing political or of a security matter about her death. .

The Coroner has the power to call people to give testimony, and sometimes, whether they want to , or not, should that be the case.

The thing is, dying privately at home , without all the intervention of SES, Police, and all of this would still have the same consequence. She died unexpectedly, not under the care of a doctor.

Because this is a public matter, the findings of the inquest will be published here.. http://www.coronerscourt.vic.gov.au/home/coroners+written+findings/ .... it's worth checking in to find out when it will be coming up.. Victoria publishes the dates of upcoming inquests.

I reckon it would result in an open finding. .. absent the evidence for murder, accident or suicide, there wouldn't be any other finding to arrive at.. An Open Finding means that the case, so to speak, remains on the Coroners Books for Further Observation.

I think it would require an inquest to arrive at a finding, Bo. What the coroner will do now is declare Ms Curry dead, but that is just the beginning.. ..

Like any Australian who dies unexpectedly, under unexplained circumstances, ( and a whole lot other criteria as well ) Elisa 's death makes an inquest compulsory. You can't die and not be the subject of an inquest. Her body is under the authority of the Coroner, what remains of it, and as far as I know, hasn't been released to her family. .

Coroner's Inquests are public matters, in 99.999999%,.. it requires a whole lot of official bumf and negotiation to make it private. I don't see any circumstance that would make hers a matter for suppression.. . .. nothing political or of a security matter about her death. .

The thing is, dying privately at home , without all the intervention of SES, Police, and all of this would still have the same consequence. She died unexpectedly, not under the care of a doctor.

Because this is a public matter, the findings of the inquest will be published here.. http://www.coronerscourt.vic.gov.au/home/coroners+written+findings/ .... it's worth checking in to find out when it will be coming up.. Victoria publishes the dates of upcoming inquests.

I reckon it would result in an open finding. .. absent the evidence for murder, accident or suicide, there wouldn't be any other finding to arrive at.. An Open Finding means that the case, so to speak, remains on the Coroners Books for Further Observation.

Yes, you may be right about an inquest, depending on whether the Coroner deems it necessary and his findings to be in the public interest. As to intent, if any, contained within we’ll just have to wait for them to be published which seems to take a while for other findings/inquests I’ve read.

There was an Senate Inquiry into this ‘subject’ in 2009. The report, starting at p. 37, is interesting:

https://www.aph.gov.au/~/media/wopa...uiries/2008_10/suicide/report/report_pdf.ashx

ETA. Does the Coroner’s Court of Victoria have a listing of upcoming inquests? I have only been able to find the Coroner’s findings/inquests on the website. If you have a link for future reference it would be appreciated, Troop.

Yes, you may be right about an inquest, depending on whether the Coroner deems it necessary and his findings to be in the public interest. As to intent, if any, contained within we’ll just have to wait for them to be published which seems to take a while for other findings/inquests I’ve read.

There was an Senate Inquiry into this ‘subject’ in 2009. The report, starting at p. 37, is interesting:

https://www.aph.gov.au/~/media/wopa...uiries/2008_10/suicide/report/report_pdf.ashx

ETA. Does the Coroner’s Court of Victoria have a listing of upcoming inquests? I have only been able to find the Coroner’s findings/inquests on the website. If you have a link for future reference it would be appreciated, Troop.

Never mind, I’ve found it:

http://www.coronerscourt.vic.gov.au/home/about+us/court+hearing+list

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earworm