GUILTY Australia - Eunji Ban, 23, murdered in Brisbane park, 24 Nov 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The prosecution was expected to seek the further adjournment pending a ruling on McEwan’s capacity to stand trial.

However, Mr Pell said there appeared to have been a mix up in communication and that the hearing had previously been adjourned until March 13.

Queensland’s deputy Chief Magistrate Ray Rinaudo said he was unaware the matter had been adjourned, but granted the further week delay on the basis McEwan’s legal aid solicitor had not attended court due to the confusion of hearing dates.

A handful of Ms Ban’s supporters attended the hearing.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-health-facility/story-fnii5v71-1226846886736

Now that ARM has been released from the secure mental facility... And is now in a "regular" jail.... I hope it will be decided that he can stand trial...

:jail:

Yes, good to know that he's now been moved to ‘’regular’’ prison custody!. I wonder if he was faking it?. imo

Yes, good to know that he's now been moved to ‘’regular’’ prison custody!. I wonder if he was faking it?. imo

I can't help but think he was faking it, too...

or... That maybe his parents are trying to protect him...

:waitasec:

Thanks!

I have it in my notes.... And am writing it on my WS calendar... So it is official... And they must show up!

:giggle:

Just read one of the articles again Clue.... so the 13th it is then! :)

"Queensland’s deputy Chief Magistrate Ray Rinaudo said he was unaware the matter had been adjourned, but granted the further week delay on the basis McEwan’s legal aid solicitor had not attended court due to the confusion of hearing dates."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-health-facility/story-fnii5v71-1226846886736

I can't help but think he was faking it, too...

or... That maybe his parents are trying to protect him...

:waitasec:

Interesting you say that about parents Because my first thought about them supporting him is that they might not be because he's using legal aid. Financially they're not helping IMO.

I wonder wonder wonder...

Interesting you say that about parents Because my first thought about them supporting him is that they might not be because he's using legal aid. Financially they're not helping IMO.

I wonder wonder wonder...

Yes, I'd thought that too Humdinger. They are middle class professionals - the fact that he's receiving Legal Aid means that they are not supporting him financially - which made me wonder if they are supporting him at all?

And re the faking it theory - I wondered about that too as one of the early reports says he seemed like a normal guy to everyone around him. And he appears to have been able to hold a job. He sounds functional (on the surface, anyway) Obviously there was lots going on inside that wasn't so functional!!:

Alex Reuben McEwan was to those around him not unlike any other teenager his age.

The clean-cut 19-year-old, who was born in Ipswich, worked as a spray painter and lived with his parents and teenage sister in a Leichhardt Street unit in Spring Hill.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...normal-life-20131126-2y87p.html#ixzz2vMBFCPdT

Just a thought - maybe he was using drugs when he attacked? The old 'ice' issue??

Would love some more detail.......

I'd assume that the fact that he has been released from the mental health facility and moved to regular prison means that he has been thoroughly psychiatrically assessed and is found mentally 'fit' to be in the normal prison population........

They would have run a battery of psych tests on him in there. His move certainly suggests that he can't be suffering from a severe psychosis or mental illness like schizophrenia otherwise they wouldn't release him......JMO.

Thank you, enzeder!!:seeya: I was thinking of you and your magnificent skills when I said maybe another super sleuther could find some info!!!:loveyou:

haha Isisrising - you're welcome! If you, Humdinger and Clue hadn't been on top of things and posted about it I wouldn't have even realized that a court date was imminent!. :)

I'd assume that the fact that he has been released from the mental health facility and moved to regular prison means that he has been thoroughly psychiatrically assessed and is found mentally 'fit' to be in the normal prison population........

They would have run a battery of psych tests on him in there. His move certainly suggests that he can't be suffering from a severe psychosis or mental illness like schizophrenia otherwise they wouldn't release him......JMO.

Thanks, Isis!

this is very good to know!

:thumb:

Pedestrian access to be allowed through Roma Street Station

May 6, 2014 - 3:18PM

Queensland Rail will allow pedestrian access through one of its Roma Street train platforms after lobbying by residents in the wake of Korean student Eunji Ban’s brutal death.

But the thoroughfare would only be open for an additional three hours a night – from the current 8pm closing time to 11pm – to allow residents’ access through the station.

Ms Ban, 22, was killed between 4am and 4.20am on November 24 as she walked through Wickham Park on her way to work at the nearby Transcontinental Hotel.

Residents at the Roma Street Parklands apartments, where Ms Ban lived, campaigned to have after-hours pedestrian access at Roma Street Station, saying the young student might still be alive if she had that option.

Transport Minister Scott Emerson said a six-month trial would begin on Monday, giving residents access from the Parklands side of the station from 3am until 11pm.*

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...eet-station-20140506-zr5bn.html#ixzz30w1WwPTG

Locals call for audit after murder of students, Sophie Collombet and Eunji Ban

“Four international students killed since November 2013 — that’s certainly not my definition of a safe city,” Mr Kraaier said.

“I can very well imagine that if this had happened to someone else, Sophie would have stood up.

“This is way too important to let it slip under the radar ... I just hope that this murder, that this terrible tragedy, that it shouldn’t be the end, it should be the beginning of something. ”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/city/locals-call-for-audit-after-murder-of-students-sophie-collombet-and-eunji-ban/story-fni9r0jy-1226909109542

Man charged with rape in Roma Street precinct

Police have charged a 37-year-old man with rape following another safety incident close to Roma Street Railway Station.

snip

Last November, Korean student Eunji Ban was killed in the nearby Wickham Park, sparking a call for changes in pedestrian access to the area, set to start this coming Monday.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/man-charged-with-rape-in-roma-street-precinct-20140510-381z0.html#ixzz32gR0DHqG

In another article I read that the Roma Street Station was being made accessible as an alternate pedestrian access. I hope it's actually 'safer'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back