GUILTY Australia - Eunji Ban, 23, murdered in Brisbane park, 24 Nov 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DECEMBER 16, 2013

"CRIMINAL proceedings against the teenager accused of murdering South Korean student Eunji Ban have been suspended until it can be established if he is mentally fit for trial, a court has been told.

The Brisbane Magistrates Court was on Monday told Alex Reuben McEwan, 19, was being housed at Wacol's The Park Centre for Mental Health, west of Brisbane, for assessment."

Read more: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...bane-park-murder/story-fnihsrf2-1226783766826

Thanks for the update, enzeder :seeya:

I'd love to know if he has a psychiatric history - I wonder if he's been diagnosed before this point? Hopefully these things will be revealed as the case progresses.

thanks for the update, Enzeder! :seeya:

Can't say I am surprised that ARM's case is suspended until a psychiatric assessment is conducted...

I, too, am very curious as to ARM's psychiatric history...

:waitasec:

Case suspended against 19yo accused of Korean student Eunji Ban's murder

Updated 2 hours 55 minutes ago

"Outside the court, supporter Mehdi Sotoudeh says he felt he had to be there.

"I never met her and the story and what happened to her really shocked me and when I get into the details, so I kind of feel responsibility as a human being to just come here and support her," he said."

Read more: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-...-man-accused-of-korean-student-murder/5158966

Case suspended against 19yo accused of Korean student Eunji Ban's murder

Updated 2 hours 55 minutes ago

"Outside the court, supporter Mehdi Sotoudeh says he felt he had to be there.

"I never met her and the story and what happened to her really shocked me and when I get into the details, so I kind of feel responsibility as a human being to just come here and support her," he said."

Read more: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-...-man-accused-of-korean-student-murder/5158966
I am glad to see such support... And even from those that didn't know her... For Eunji and her family...

JMO

Murder case against teenager accused of killing Eunji Ban suspended

DECEMBER 16, 2013

"Supporters of Ms Ban at court for the brief hearing included Mitchell Meade, who described himself as a "friend of a friend'' of Ms Ban's.

"We just want to make sure everyone knows that we deeply care about this matter and we're going to be sticking with her through to the end,'' he told reporters outside court."

Read more: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...ji-ban-suspended/story-e6frg6nf-1226784099996

I must admit I'm a bit anxious to hear what has driven him to conduct such a horrific crime.

... With no weapon and breaking his own hand! That is one ANGRY young man! :stormingmad:

I feel compassion for his family.

Murder case against teenager accused of killing Eunji Ban suspended

DECEMBER 16, 2013

"Supporters of Ms Ban at court for the brief hearing included Mitchell Meade, who described himself as a "friend of a friend'' of Ms Ban's.

"We just want to make sure everyone knows that we deeply care about this matter and we're going to be sticking with her through to the end,'' he told reporters outside court."

Read more: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...ji-ban-suspended/story-e6frg6nf-1226784099996

I am so touched by the support Eunji is receiving - as people turn up at the hearing to show they care.
Thanks enzeder for the update - in the Courier Mail link at the video, the reporter said that ARM may never stand trial for her murder. I cant help but think how must her parents feel about this if it is true.
There sounds like there is a history here we haven't heard about regarding ARM.

It also said that Eunji's supporters would like the Park to be named after her, too. I think something like a beautiful water fountain/feature would be nice too.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...bane-park-murder/story-fnihsrf2-1226783766826

I am so touched by the support Eunji is receiving - as people turn up at the hearing to show they care.
Thanks enzeder for the update - in the Courier Mail link at the video, the reporter said that ARM may never stand trial for her murder. I cant help but think how must her parents feel about this if it is true.

It also said that Eunji's supporters would like the Park to be named after her, too. I think something like a beautiful water fountain/feature would be nice too.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...bane-park-murder/story-fnihsrf2-1226783766826

Reporter says ARM may never stand trial for Eunji's murder....

:thud:

BBM There had to have been a history - I just can't believe he suddenly went out one day in a crazed state and actually killed someone. It's never like that. There's are always gradations of behaviour.

That's what the bigger issue is with all of these young guys - why has it not been more appropriately attended to before??!! I'm sure these guys would have displayed all sorts of behaviours throughout their childhood and adolescence - commonly aggression (often diagnosed as Conduct Disorder), fire starting, truancy, drug/alcohol misuse, hurting animals etc. That's the deeper issue - setting up systems in our society that effectively reach them before it's way too late for them to ever go back.:facepalm:

Reporter says ARM may never stand trial for Eunji's murder....

:thud:

:eek:

While ARM is evidently 'unstable', he obviously has a strong understanding that what he did was wrong and illegal. He tried to conceal the fact that he was killing Eunji by laying down next to her when cars went by, he dragged her to a concealed area, he fled the scene, he waited to be arrested.

If he needs regular meds/treatment, give it to him, stabilise him, and put him in court in front of a jury. He wanted to commit a murder ... now he needs to bear the consequences of his actions.
I always worry if they want to just put someone in a long-term mental health facility, because they just let them out when they get 'better'.

:eek:

While ARM is evidently 'unstable', he obviously has a strong understanding that what he did was wrong and illegal. He tried to conceal the fact that he was killing Eunji by laying down next to her when cars went by, he dragged her to a concealed area, he fled the scene, he waited to be arrested.

If he needs regular meds/treatment, give it to him, stabilise him, and put him in court in front of a jury. He wanted to commit a murder ... now he needs to bear the consequences of his actions.
I always worry if they want to just put someone in a long-term mental health facility, because they just let them out when they get 'better'.

My bold ...
Agreed. I don't think there is any 'getting better' in this case. What he did (to lay down with the body of his victim) is further down the track of no return. This is something beyond just a random 'I lost the plot' attack. I wonder if this is his first murder/assault. He's quick and calculating - he actually was 'thinking' during the assault, not to run, but to lie down and make it look like something else ...
I am SO glad they got him now before he could terrorize anyone else, because I don't think he would stop at one.
He is just so dangerous - and so is his mind.

My bold ...
Agreed. I don't think there is any 'getting better' in this case. What he did (to lay down with the body of his victim) is further down the track of no return. This is something beyond just a random 'I lost the plot' attack. I wonder if this is his first murder/assault. He's quick and calculating - he actually was 'thinking' during the assault, not to run, but to lie down and make it look like something else ...
I am SO glad they got him now before he could terrorize anyone else, because I don't think he would stop at one.
He is just so dangerous - and so is his mind.

Completely agree with you both, FigTree and SouthAussie. There was definite premeditation and he was devious during the crime (laying down to fool passersby). That is not a raging, psychotic break….that is somebody who is very conscience of the rational world and what they are doing within it.

Added a few more to the list of young murderers & alleged murderers which I posted a couple weeks back. These are all horrific murders!! Frightening isn't it!!

Vic -1993 - Paul Charles Denyer, 21, serial killer, stalked and murdered three women - non-parole period 30 years

NSW - 2001 - Sef Gonzales, 21, murdered both his parents & younger sister. "never to be released"

WA - 2006 - Dante Wyndham Arthurs, 23, convicted of the murder of Sofia Rodriguez-Urrutia Shu. - "never to be released"

S.A. - 2010- Jason Downie, 18, murdered, raped Chantelle Rowes & stabbed both her parents to death.

S.A - 2012 - Jose Omonte-Extrada, 20, murdered Jessie Fullerton & Rebecca Wild using knives & an axe.

QLD - 2013 - unnamed killer, 18, accused of murdering of Joan Ryther

NSW - 2013 - Daniel Jack Kelsall, 20, accused of murdering Morgan Huxley.

QLD - 2013 - Alex Reuben McEwan, 19, accused of murdering Eunji Ban.

Added a few more to the list of young murderers & alleged murderers which I posted a couple weeks back. These are all horrific murders!! Frightening isn't it!!

Vic -1993 - Paul Charles Denyer, 21, serial killer, stalked and murdered three women - non-parole period 30 years

NSW - 2001 - Sef Gonzales, 21, murdered both his parents & younger sister. "never to be released"

WA - 2006 - Dante Wyndham Arthurs, 23, convicted of the murder of Sofia Rodriguez-Urrutia Shu. - "never to be released"

S.A. - 2010- Jason Downie, 18, murdered, raped Chantelle Rowes & stabbed both her parents to death.

S.A - 2012 - Jose Omonte-Extrada, 20, murdered Jessie Fullerton & Rebecca Wild using knives & an axe.

Yes... VERY frightening! :eek:

Soon to add Owen Fuller, 18, accused of the murder of Corey Power - police are just waiting to extradite him from Qld to lay the charges.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act...rey-powers-murder-on-hold-20131129-2yhc4.html

And if we added the names of the young men who have king hit another young man and effectively taken his life from him ... the list would be even longer. :(

March 6 is swiftly approaching! I wonder if he'll be well enough to appear?

Here's an article about how local's are frustrated that greater safety measures haven't been implemented since Eunji's death - and just how dangerous is for women needing to take that route:

Ms Herbertson said Ms Ban had just two darkened options to make the short walk to work and the 22-year-old chose what Ms Herbertson perceived to be the safer of the two.

"It was only a matter of time," she said.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ear-after-eunji-ban-death-20140307-34d06.html

And I just realised that March 6 has come and gone? Did ARM appear or not? I'll go have a look........

Here's an article about how local's are frustrated that greater safety measures haven't been implemented since Eunji's death - and just how dangerous is for women needing to take that route:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ear-after-eunji-ban-death-20140307-34d06.html

And I just realised that March 6 has come and gone? Did ARM appear or not? I'll go have a look........

Yes... I have on my WS calendar that there was to be a hearing for Eunji Ban's killer, Alex Reuben McEwan...

I wonder if there was a hearing?

TIA...:seeya:

Well I haven't been able to find any info at all about ARM and the 8 March court date.....I checked the court daily lists but I could only get the names for yesterday, 7 March! And nothing in MSM that I could find......

Maybe another sleuther with super skills can though!!!:please:

THE teenager accused of brutally murdering South Korean student Eunji Ban has been released from a secure mental health facility and moved to ‘’regular’’ prison custody, a court has been told.

The Brisbane Magistrates Court was today told Alex Reuben McEwan, 19, was no longer at Wacol’s The Park Centre for Mental Health and was now being housed in a regular jail.

The court was told McEwan was now being held at Brisbane’s Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre.

Teen accused of murdering South Korean student Eunji Ban released from secure mental health facility
Read more: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-health-facility/story-fnihsrf2-1226846886736

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back