Australia - Five found dead in home. Bedford, Perth WA, Sept 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Christ it was the day after Fathers Day. <modsnipped strong language>
How can you do something like this to your own flesh and blood?
Those poor sweet babies. RIP angels.
Thoughts for the emergency services too. Imagine walking into that...my god.

Last edited by a moderator:
<snipped quoted post>

Mara did work, part time with the Lawn Mowing business she had purchased. She bought into Jim's Mowing franchise after selling 2 properties, and the home they lived in was hers. Mara's friends described her as a hard worker and a 'go getter', a beautiful person. :(

AH told a neighbour he had to go out and work even when sick because no money was coming in. Maybe they had assets but no cash flow.

It's incredibly mystifying that he thought wiping out his family would ease his suffering, it's just unfathomable when a person comes to this conclusion. Mara, her mother and most of all, Charlotte, Alice and Beatrix deserved to live and enjoy life as every human being is entitled to, if he doesn't want to, then just piss off!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are they still blurring out this monsters face? Why should he be protected?

My god, I am so angry. @PrimeSuspect, echoing your thoughts... why didn't he just piss off! The same with Chris Watts. I am sure both of these Mothers would have welcomed the idea of being single parents over being murdered. So cruel and unnecessary.

My god, I am so angry. @PrimeSuspect, echoing your thoughts... why didn't he just piss off! The same with Chris Watts. I am sure both of these Mothers would have welcomed the idea of being single parents over being murdered. So cruel and unnecessary.

These cruel family murders, seem to be about money.:(
As others suggest, leave, and start another life, alone.

So sad for this family and just can't fathom how someone would be able to do this, not just to one little child, but three. And the use of the reported weapons makes it so personal. Plus the adults. The grandmother the next day, after he had had time to settle down. No criminal history that we are aware of...what on earth went on?

A neighbour, who only wanted to be known as Alfie, said police arrived at the home on Sunday banging on back doors and jumping fences.

“The police jumped the fence yesterday," he said.

"They were hammering on that back door and then others went in by the front.”

Police took the entire SD card from his CCTV cameras on Sunday, due to their position pointing towards the rear of the Coode Street home.

'Heaven gained five angels': Slain Perth mum's sister pens heartbreaking tribute

This paragraph, OMG--where do these entitled people come from? Seems like he's living in lala land and doesn't know how the real world works. Deplorable man.

There was a couple of times he had been quite ill with the flu and he was having to get up and go to work anyway, he told me,' Mr Fairbrother told The Australian.
'He said there was no money coming in unless he was out there.'

He is pictured in this article, with Mara, looking at a baby.
There is also a sketch of him in the article.

'Heaven has gained five new angels'

He is pictured in this article, with Mara, looking at a baby.
There is also a sketch of him in the article.

'Heaven has gained five new angels'

Per that article, he stayed in the house for a couple of days before driving north. Just pretended he wasn't living with dead bodies, did he? The bodies of his wife and children, no less.

This whole thing is horrific.

Strange that nobody raised the alarm before he handed himself in. Wonder if he was texting from their phones or maybe they just lived pretty secluded lives.

Mara did work, part time with the Lawn Mowing business she had purchased. She bought into Jim's Mowing franchise after selling 2 properties, and the home they lived in was hers. Mara's friends described her as a hard worker and a 'go getter', a beautiful person. :(

AH told a neighbour he had to go out and work even when sick because no money was coming in. Maybe they had assets but no cash flow.

This seems somewhat confused. The father claims he was the only one bringing money into the house, though obviously I don't suggest we necessarily take this at face value. Mara could have worked for the business eg doing admin or bookkeeping work but that wouldn't have relieved any financial problems they were having. In order to bring money in she'd either need to be doing billable gardening work of her own for the business or working elsewhere.

I was curious about the Jim's Mowing franchise and why the Harveys didn't seem to be making a success of it considering the size of the Jim's business and the number of franchisees it has.

Franchising, Franchise Opportunity, Small Business, Home Services - Jim's Group

What's interesing is that the Jim's group includes a very wide range of businesses from dog-washing and pool care to mobile tyre services and locksmithing so in theory the Harveys should have been able to find a service to suit their circumstances and interests.

The whole point of taking on a franchise rather than starting from scratch is that you buy into a proven business and model. The fee covers the set up costs (vehicle, gardening equipment), training, marketing assistance and so on. It also should include an evaluation of whether that particular business is going to work in the area the would-be franchisee wants to cover, and that evaluation should identify if it wouldn't work there. In other words, you're buying into the ability to bypass all the common reasons for business failure.

So if it wasn't doing well for the Harveys you have to ask why.

Was Tony, who presumably would be doing most of the heavy physical work, just not healthy or fit enough to do that work in reality despite being a young man?

Did the evaluation simply get it wrong, and the business should never have been set up where it was?

Did the evaluation work on the basis of Mara doing more physical, cash-earning work than she eventually did, so what should have been a 2-person business effectively become a 1-and-a-bit-person business?

Ms Harvey is believed to have worked in the Pilbara some years ago, and land title records show she bought the brick-and-tile home on Coode Street back in 2008.

Neighbours said an older woman visited regularly to help with the children.

Ms Harvey more recently ran a Jim's Mowing franchise with her husband, covering Morley and surrounding suburbs north of the Perth CBD.

Mr Harvey was described on their business website as previously working fly-in, fly-out in cleaning and grounds maintenance.

Father allegedly murdered wife, girls, then killed mother-in-law the next day

Last edited:

'This world is a sadder place with the loss of these five beautiful people'

Tim Rose
9 hrs ago
The family of five people allegedly murdered in a Perth home has spoken of their grief, just hours after the accused killer faced court for the first time.

Anthony Robert Harvey, 24, appeared via video link in the Perth Magistrates Court today on five murder charges.

He is accused of killing his partner Mara Harvey, 42; their three-year-old daughter Charlotte; twin two-year-old girls Alice and Beatrix; and Ms Harvey's mother Beverley Quinn, 74.

I was curious about the Jim's Mowing franchise and why the Harveys didn't seem to be making a success of it considering the size of the Jim's business and the number of franchisees it has.

Franchising, Franchise Opportunity, Small Business, Home Services - Jim's Group

What's interesing is that the Jim's group includes a very wide range of businesses from dog-washing and pool care to mobile tyre services and locksmithing so in theory the Harveys should have been able to find a service to suit their circumstances and interests.

The whole point of taking on a franchise rather than starting from scratch is that you buy into a proven business and model. The fee covers the set up costs (vehicle, gardening equipment), training, marketing assistance and so on. It also should include an evaluation of whether that particular business is going to work in the area the would-be franchisee wants to cover, and that evaluation should identify if it wouldn't work there. In other words, you're buying into the ability to bypass all the common reasons for business failure.

So if it wasn't doing well for the Harveys you have to ask why.

Was Tony, who presumably would be doing most of the heavy physical work, just not healthy or fit enough to do that work in reality despite being a young man?

Did the evaluation simply get it wrong, and the business should never have been set up where it was?

Did the evaluation work on the basis of Mara doing more physical, cash-earning work than she eventually did, so what should have been a 2-person business effectively become a 1-and-a-bit-person business?

There is a lot said on different forums, about buying into Jims franchises. Ongoing monthly fee is said to be high. Waiting for referrals from Jims can be frustrating. If the season is dry - as it often is here - there will not be a lot of gardening work available.

Many people say to go out on your own, set up your own little gardening business, rather than buy into the franchise where you must pay the monthly fee - regardless of whether or not you have made much money that month.

Jims routes the phone calls they get for work to whoever they feel is right for the work, and some people on the forums feel that they do not get their fair share.

Last edited:
Despite an 18-year age difference, Anthony proposed to Mara in 2014 and the pair had their first child together a year later.

"She was pretty unlucky in love before she met him," a friend told WA Today.

"So [when they got together] it was like 'yay, now she gets to start a family'."

Anthony and Mara both used to work for a Sino Steel Pilbara mine, and Mara sold some of her properties to help her partner start up a business.

Shortly after giving birth to her first daughter, Mara fell pregnant with twins, and the pair settled at their Bedford home with their children Charlotte, Alice and Beatrix.

TV set was still turned on in home where five of an Australian family lay dead

Did they both do fly in and fly out initially?

Did they both do fly in and fly out initially?

RSBM

Apparently, yes.

A number of neighbours confirmed to news.com.au Mrs Quinn was employed as a fly-in-fly-out (FIFO) worker for a mining company.
Tragic incident in Bedford home

The website of the couple’s business — a Jim’s Mowing franchise — says Mr Harvey previously worked as a fly-in, fly-out worker doing cleaning and grounds maintenance.
Nocookies
The Australian - September 10, 2018

“It’s impossible for me not to take stock that in the last four months, 15 people have lost their lives in three separate family tragedies,” Mr Dawson told reporters. (WA Police Commissioner Chris Dawson)

“It’s an absolute tragedy.

“Everyone is concerned about this - we have been for a long period of time.”

Nocookies
The Australian - September 10, 2018

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members