Australia - Five found dead in home. Bedford, Perth WA, Sept 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is something really wrong with a young man who wants to marry a woman 18 years older than himself. She would probably be just several years younger than his mother. That should have been the first flag of alarm.

I agree. As a 38 year old I would be extremely suspicious of any 20 year old man that wanted to date me once, let alone pursue a relationship with. I would wonder why me and why not all the young, exciting, and extremely attractive 18-19-20 year olds he should be pursuing? Thinks I'm rich? Thinks I'm desperate?

tbh my opinion would be the same if the genders were reversed. Maybe it was different back in the days when women really HAD to get married and a pairing like that would mean certain financial security for the woman and certain heirs for the man, but we're not in Austen's times anymore. You're meant to pursue an equal partner now and it is really hard to be equal with someone 18 years older than you when you're barely out of childhood (and vice versa; as a 38 year old I find 20 year olds nigh intolerable).

Obviously much less of an issue when couples meet later in life and both have life experience.

OMG!

Mother-of-three Mara Harvey was murdered only minutes after her late-night shift at a local Coles ended, police will allege.

Mrs Harvey, 41, was returning to her home in Perth's inner-city suburb of Inglewood from her shift stocking shelves at a local Coles at around 11pm on September 3.

Her husband, Anthony Harvey, 24, allegedly murdered her and their three daughters shortly after she arrived home.

Husband accused of murdering Mara Harvey allegedly waited until she finished work, sent work emails | Daily Mail Online

Wow! Her working at Coles makes it even more bizarre that the alarm wasn't raised the entire week. Was that her only shift for the week? Did he call in sick for her? My friend works at Coles and only she is allowed to call herself in sick. No parents, partners or friends, and it must be done via phone call, no messages. Maybe different stores have different rules though.

So many things I don't understand. Was he planning on getting rid of the bodies but realised he was in too deep/too big of a job? Like, why live with them for days and then hand himself in.

If he had of tried to get rid of the bodies or killed himself it would almost make more sense in my brain, because none of this does atm.

Bedford murders: ‘You never recover from something like this’

A Perth woman who lost her mother, sister and three nieces in the Bedford massacre said she found out her family was dead when she turned on the TV.

On the news she saw the house of her sister, Mara Harvey.

“You never recover from something like this,” Taryn Tottman told 9NEWS.

Australia -
Murder of Five Family Members -
Perth >> Bedford -
September 2018 -

Victim # 1
Mara Lee Harvey, 41
Manner of Death :: Homicide

Victim # 2
Charlotte Kate Harvey, 3

Victim # 3
Alice Esther Harvey, 2

Victim # 4
Beatrix Mae Harvey, Also 2

Victim # 5
Beverly Ann Quinn, 73

Defendent:
Anthony Robert Harvey
, 24

1)) News dot Com Australia:
Final hours of Mara Harvey emerge

2)) WPXI-TV:

Man accused of stabbing his wife, 3 daughters, mother-in-law to death

3)) Google™  Supplements & Updates:
https://www.google.com/search?ei=z-......1..gws-wiz.......33i21j0i22i30.JqL-U36UGjw

[Message 5913
Thread 391000]

Last edited:
THE grieving sister of a Perth grandmother who was killed alongsider her daughter and three grandchildren has broken down outside court crying “why would you kill babies?”.

Today was Mr Harvey’s second court appearance. He was remanded in custody until his next court appearance on January 2.

Mr Harvey last appeared in the Perth Magistrates Court via video link, a week after he allegedly murdered his family.

Anthony Harvey in Perth court on five murder charges

The timing is interesting. The morning after Fathers Day. I wonder if that played any part. Though I am not sure what that part could be.

Did he not want to be a dad (any more), if the truth be known? Did he resent Mara's doting attention being on her 3 children?

That would not explain why he didn't just walk away, if that was the case. But these familial murders seem to involve an element of "if I can't have you, nobody will".
MURDER IS A CRIME OF PASSION... isnt it?

I was curious about the Jim's Mowing franchise and why the Harveys didn't seem to be making a success of it considering the size of the Jim's business and the number of franchisees it has.

Franchising, Franchise Opportunity, Small Business, Home Services - Jim's Group

What's interesing is that the Jim's group includes a very wide range of businesses from dog-washing and pool care to mobile tyre services and locksmithing so in theory the Harveys should have been able to find a service to suit their circumstances and interests.

The whole point of taking on a franchise rather than starting from scratch is that you buy into a proven business and model. The fee covers the set up costs (vehicle, gardening equipment), training, marketing assistance and so on. It also should include an evaluation of whether that particular business is going to work in the area the would-be franchisee wants to cover, and that evaluation should identify if it wouldn't work there. In other words, you're buying into the ability to bypass all the common reasons for business failure.

So if it wasn't doing well for the Harveys you have to ask why.

Was Tony, who presumably would be doing most of the heavy physical work, just not healthy or fit enough to do that work in reality despite being a young man?

Did the evaluation simply get it wrong, and the business should never have been set up where it was?

Did the evaluation work on the basis of Mara doing more physical, cash-earning work than she eventually did, so what should have been a 2-person business effectively become a 1-and-a-bit-person business?

Most franchise owners take a large percentage of profits. They don't make big bucks like many people think. My husband and I nearly bought into one until our accountant showed us the last 24 months of figures. We pulled out because there were losses not profits. I've seen people go bankrupt from franchises. Maybe this was the case for the Harvey's too.

I agree. As a 38 year old I would be extremely suspicious of any 20 year old man that wanted to date me once, let alone pursue a relationship with. I would wonder why me and why not all the young, exciting, and extremely attractive 18-19-20 year olds he should be pursuing? Thinks I'm rich? Thinks I'm desperate?

tbh my opinion would be the same if the genders were reversed. Maybe it was different back in the days when women really HAD to get married and a pairing like that would mean certain financial security for the woman and certain heirs for the man, but we're not in Austen's times anymore. You're meant to pursue an equal partner now and it is really hard to be equal with someone 18 years older than you when you're barely out of childhood (and vice versa; as a 38 year old I find 20 year olds nigh intolerable).

Obviously much less of an issue when couples meet later in life and both have life experience.
Love can happen with any age difference. There are some very mature 20 yr olds.

Lollipops were handed out to mourners as The Wiggles song Three Little Monkeys played at the funeral for three young girls, their mother and grandmother, all allegedly murdered by the children's father.

Three-year-old Charlotte, two-year-old twins Alice and Beatrix, and their mother Mara Lee Harvey, 41, were allegedly killed by Anthony Robert Harvey, 24, at their home in Perth last month.

He then allegedly murdered his mother-in-law Beverley Ann Quinn, 73, when she came to visit them at their house in Bedford the next morning.
Mum was everything to us," she told the 200 mourners.

Ms Tottman said her mother was the canteen lady at school and later helped with aged care and in 1997, cared for her dying husband.

Within four years, Ms Quinn had become a grandmother of six."All she ever wanted to do was help others."

Ms Tottman said her sister was adventurous and became a travel consultant, which took her all over the world.

She later worked in mining, then in 2014 started the romance that led to marriage and children.
Charlotte was remembered as an outgoing and bubbly child, with a loud and confident singing voice.
She was also described as an old soul and intelligent.
upload_2018-10-12_4-2-44.jpeg
upload_2018-10-12_4-5-50.jpeg
Murdered WA family farewelled at funeral

Harvey acted like ‘everything was normal’ after alleged murders

JUST hours after allegedly murdering his mother-in-law, Anthony Harvey went off to work and mowed two people’s lawns.

Third mass murder in four months. Killed by blunt force trauma and knives (NO GUNS). He will be rewarded with life in prison and never have to ever work another day in his life. The justice system is broken, completely, MOO. UNLESS, we reinstate the death penalty for these type of horrendous cases, they will continue. The only fear they have is their OWN mortality. They will admit to their crimes (no matter how evil) and take LE to bodies, etc., rather than face the death penalty. Sometimes, they even get an early release. Then, it begins all over again and LE is hunting for the same criminals, different victims, different dates. Something is so wrong with this picture, and it's not the guns, MOO.

Court appearance 24th April...

Bedford father Anthony Robert Harvey has pleaded guilty to murdering his three children, wife and mother-in-law.

Harvey appeared at Stirling Gardens Magistrates Court via video link from prison this morning charged with the deaths of his wife Mara Harvey, three-year-old Charlotte and their two-year-old twins Alice and Beatrix. He was also charged with murdering Mrs Harvey’s mother Beverley Quinn.

Harvey will appear before the WA Supreme Court on June 21.
https://thewest.com.au/news/crime/b...hildren-wife-and-mother-in-law-ng-b881177913z

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back