Found Deceased Australia - Gary Tweddle, 23, Blue Mountains NSW, 16 July 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Off topic although the video does show quite a bit of the terrain in the Blue Mountains area known as Sweet Dreams...

November 07, 2013

TERRIFYING footage has emerged of a Sydney man falling 30m down a cliff face during a rock climbing accident in the Blue Mountains.
Daniel Bush, 27, was on the final pitch of a 30m climb known as Sweet Dreams near Leura in April when disaster struck.

The footage, posted on YouTube on Tuesday, shows him slip and begin to violently tumble before coming to a violent stop

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...do-the-voiceover/story-fni0cx4q-1226755171688

Oh wow Marly - nice catch on the video!
Two very interesting points I'd like to make ...
1 - with Daniels ankles being so damaged, and one left hanging from a thread - I'd say there's a lot of blood on Sweet Dreams.
2 - Daniel had phone reception 35-65 metres down the decent. He was able to call Police...

Mr Bush was able to eventually activate his emergency beacon and use his mobile phone to guide police to his exact location.

Poor Daniel is lucky to be alive - but he may loose his foot due to an infection from when he fell :(

Sweet Dreams sounds like a horror of a place to go near.
I don't think it likes people climbing all over it.
:(

A friend of mine recently climbed Sweet Dreams and put these photo's on FB - thought I might add them here.

Sweet Dreams 1.JPG

Sweet Dreams 2.JPG

Sweet Dreams 3.JPG

Sweet Dreams 4.JPG

Off topic although the video does show quite a bit of the terrain in the Blue Mountains area known as Sweet Dreams...

November 07, 2013

TERRIFYING footage has emerged of a Sydney man falling 30m down a cliff face during a rock climbing accident in the Blue Mountains.
Daniel Bush, 27, was on the final pitch of a 30m climb known as Sweet Dreams near Leura in April when disaster struck.

The footage, posted on YouTube on Tuesday, shows him slip and begin to violently tumble before coming to a violent stop

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...do-the-voiceover/story-fni0cx4q-1226755171688

Oh my goodness ... what a horrifying fall! Nice climbing partner ... nothing like leaving as soon as the ambulance arrives and never contacting Daniel again, after dropping him 30m! As well as having the belaying set up to by-pass the safety of only allowing the climber to drop 1m at a time ... hmmm.

Some really interesting things from that video ... the phone reception at about the same distance down the cliff face as Gary was found, and the fact that his voice echoed throughout the valley as Daniel yelled, and the fact that rescuers had to cut (with machetes) through the thick scrub for about 100m at the top of the cliff to pull Daniel out.

So ... how did Gary end up down that cliff face protected by thick scrub, and why did no-one hear him yell, and where is his phone?

"His cries can be heard echoing out across the valley in the moments after the fall."

"Mr Bush was able to eventually activate his emergency beacon and use his mobile phone to guide police to his exact location."

Or is it seen as the perfect spot to commit wrong-doing, and blame it all on an accident?

It is a beautiful place, filled with nature at its finest, and appreciated by many sightseers … I think of it more as ‘abused’ by a select few degenerates.

Or is it seen as the perfect spot to commit wrong-doing, and blame it all on an accident?

It is a beautiful place, filled with nature at its finest, and appreciated by many sightseers … I think of it more as ‘abused’ by a select few degenerates.

Just saw that climbers call this place 'Saccharine Nightmare'.
Id call Whymper - Wimper.

So ... how did Gary end up down that cliff face protected by thick scrub, and why did no-one hear him yell, and where is his phone?

"His cries can be heard echoing out across the valley in the moments after the fall."

"Mr Bush was able to eventually activate his emergency beacon and use his mobile phone to guide police to his exact location."

Maybe it was Gary calling coo-ee and the rescue team etc didn't catch on to where he was calling from.

It's just that people do things that are probably better left for birds and lizards to do, IMO.

LOL!
I would love to learn abseiling and rock climbing.

One day :)

Isnt' the inquest next week?

ETA - sorry Xantara - we were posting at the same time :)

Yes - next Friday rfa - Im hoping there might be something on Sunday (seems to be the usual day with this case that Emma Partridge does a feature article).
I'm hoping Garys case is not forgotten by the Media. I want to know what the Police thought happened, and what happened that we didn't find out about.

I dont think Im the only one waiting for the 22nd.

Thoughts going out to Gary's family for next week.

Maybe it was Gary calling coo-ee and the rescue team etc didn't catch on to where he was calling from.

.. possibly how they named 'Echo Point'.
I've heard people coo-ee and haven't had a clue which direction it came from.
:(

Here is Lisa's story, she lives on the Sydney side of the Mountains, a well known local artist

If you like, you can type in NSW BUSHFIRE SURVIVAL STORY LISA JUDD WITH AERIAL DRONE GOPRO3 2013 and it'll come up or

The whole shemozzle certainly distracted from the GT case!!

Forgot to say... thanks Lexis! This was a great survival story.
I also wondered if any other Missing Persons had been found after the fires went through. I haven't heard that they did - but I remember thinking (before they found Gary) that if we got this Summer and they came through the area - he might be found.
Im so glad they found him beforehand - and that the fires didn't get around that area of Leura.

Just re-posting this article from 7th September ... Google says it was updated two days ago (not sure what the updates are though).

"Sep 7, 2013 - Last Updated: November 15, 2013 ... The Fairmont Resort in Leura where Gary Tweddle was staying. ... Tweddle's state of mind until results of a post-mortem and toxicology report .... "

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/flu...mily-sad-closure/story-fnii5s3z-1226713906580

Also, I know that I have read that Gary's autopsy was scheduled for 22nd November - but when I try to find the autopsy date today by searching through Google, I can't find it anywhere. Has anyone else seen it recently? Are they going all hush-hush on us again?

Just re-posting this article from 7th September ... Google says it was updated two days ago (not sure what the updates are though).

"Sep 7, 2013 - Last Updated: November 15, 2013 ... The Fairmont Resort in Leura where Gary Tweddle was staying. ... Tweddle's state of mind until results of a post-mortem and toxicology report .... "

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/flu...mily-sad-closure/story-fnii5s3z-1226713906580

Also, I know that I have read that Gary's autopsy was scheduled for 22nd November - but when I try to find the autopsy date today by searching through Google, I can't find it anywhere. Has anyone else seen it recently? Are they going all hush-hush on us again?

I think that the autopsy was done after he was (found and) taken to the Coroners.

Source: Herald Sun 07 09 2013 Read More...

Police insist it was an accidental death but would not speculate on Mr Tweddle's state of mind until results of a post-mortem and toxicology report were received.
"Until we get all the results of the post mortem and the toxicology report, we can't speculate on what his state of mind was," a senior police source said.

Oh ... duh :doh: I meant inquest, and had autopsy in my mind!

I see the inquest is still scheduled for 22nd November.

Thanks FigTree (you are so tactful :loveyou:)

So 5 days until the inquest - is it likely that the results will be made public? I'm sure there's so much more to this whole case than we have been led to believe so let's just hope the truth finally comes out.

Gary was a Brit. Have you ever heard a pommie call a cooee? They think we're mad.

I had occasion to call one out in the Sahara many moons ago and everyone around me though I was nuts. Guess what - I got one back. None of us knew that it was an Aussie we were tracking. A few mouths fell open around me when it happened and they never really 'got it', even when we caught up with the missing person.

:australia:

So, do we have someone going to the inquest? It's not my stomping ground.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chloerock
Back