Australia Australia - Hayley Dodd, 17, Badgingarra WA, 29 Jul 1999 *retrial Guilty, manslaughter*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"It is not in dispute that St John Ambulance Service were called to
attend the accused at 3.41 pm on 29 July 1999 at the corner of Langford
Avenue and Nicholson Road, Lynwood, as a result of an accident between
his motorbike and a car. The accused was taken to hospital, where his
injuries were found to include two spiral fractures of the right fibula, a
laceration to his right leg and fractures of one of his right toes. The
fractures were treated conservatively and the right leg laceration was
stitched. The accused was discharged from hospital on Sunday, 1 August
1999."

"He returned to Badgingarra on 10 August 1999. He was then on
crutches. By 17 August 1999 he was still using a crutch, but he was
mobile."

These are paragraphs from the judgment that pretty much explain everything about how severe his injuries were and why he was using a crutch.

After watching that first video I can only conclude that journalist did poor job in examining facts. I will now explain why. She loudly and clearly tells us that footage was taken less than three weeks after Hayley was murdered. Of course, there's nothing wrong with that. A bit later we can see that footage was filmed on 17th of August,exactly 19 days after. We have also quote from the judgment:

"On 17 August 1999 a firearm search was conducted on the accused's
home. Nothing relating to Ms Dodd was found in the search".

Than, out of nowhere, journalist tells us that policemens weren't able to find Hayley's earring in the ute that day, on the seat cover. Well, they can't find things that aren't there. To be precise, McConnell's ute that Wark was driving on that fateful day was already seized by investigators, 12 days before.

Now we are going back to judgment: "On 6 August 1999 Mr McConnell's ute was examined forensically,
by Senior Constable Elliot and Sergeant Davison. They were experienced
forensic officers, who had travelled from Perth to Moora to work on
Operation Bluegum. Sergeant Davison was a senior constable at that time.
Sergeant Davison was in the Fingerprint Bureau and he did fingerprint
and crime scene work. Senior Constable Elliot worked in the Crime
Scene Unit. Both witnesses were honest and doing their best to recall
events which had occurred 18 years ago."

"They undertook an examination of the ute in the St John Ambulance
depot shed, where the vehicle had been left the previous day. At 9.00 am
they commenced the examination by taking a video of the exterior and interior of the ute. Senior Constable Elliot also took still photographs
of the ute."

So, picture can't be clearer. Vehicle was seized on 5th of August, and already next day forensic examination was taking place, although that examination wasn't as thorough as someone would expect. Because failure not to notice that significant piece of evidence can hardly be explained away, even though judge tries and has many valid points:

"On the video and still photographs, there was no item visible on the
car seat cover other than the seat belts and buckles. The seat belt webbing
and buckles obscured those parts of the seat cover on which they rested.
Other parts of the seat cover were obscured where the seat cover was
folded on itself. The result is that it is not possible to see the entire seat
cover or the entire seat in either the video or still photographs which were
taken in August 1999. In particular, the area in which Ms Horner, a
medical scientist at PathWest, first saw an earring in 2013 is obscured by
a seat belt buckle and webbing."

That video shows how easily public perception can be changed because somebody didn't do his or her job on the level that citizens should expect. And I'm not here to protect police, far from it, the way they handled this case is unforgiving, Dodd family deserves at least apology and acknowlegdment from the State. They failed in so many areas, they prioritized people's lives based on how much publicity some case got, which is absolutely egregious.

Could the motorist gauge in what direction the screams came from and LE could do tests to work out the distance.

If Hayley is buried close to where her screams were heard then maybe LE should try with dogs to find her. I think it could be worth a try.

Some time after 11.30am, a driver who pulled over on the Brand Highway because his car was overheating, claimed he heard a female scream in the distance.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/h...in-two-hours-prosecution-20171009-gyx7iy.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, that witness is Mr. Wayne Molloy and his account was taken into consideration but eventually judge couldn't accept his testimony because facts don't provide enough support for his story. Namely, he only heard a scream, he can't be sure if it was scream of a woman or from which direction scream was coming. Area that he pointed out was searched and police wasn't able to find anything. Mr Wolloy was in a car, 6 kilometres north from Badgingarra, on Hill River bridge, few minutes after 11:30. Problem with this is that he's too far away from where she was last seen and Wark most probably attacked her closer to midday. Witness also heard some dog that was barking, and Wark had a dog, Miss Piggy, but I cannot tell from the judgment if Wark had that dog with him in the car on that day. He had it with him on the motorbike when he was in a hurry to go to Perth.

All in all, maybe Mr Molloy's testimony means more than what we think. Maybe he heard Hayley's scream. But, when we put all the circumstances on the pile, when we measure weight that they carry, we lean towards the other answer - he heard something, but that's not related with this case.

"Justice Jenkins said while the timeframe of the murder was "extremely tight," Wark did have "the opportunity" to "encounter" Hayley on his journey back to his property, murder her and dispose of her body."

http://amp.abc.net.au/article/9339946?__twitter_impression=true

"Prosecutors had alleged Wark lured Hayley into his ute between 11.40am and midday, murdered her and disposed of her body before 1.36pm when he paid an account at Badgingarra roadhouse while riding his motorcycle to Perth.

In her judgment, she said Wark had picked up Hayley and killed her on 29 July 1999 by unknown means, within a narrow hour and half window of time.

She said contrary to what the accused told the police, he was not in Moora at about midday on the day. Instead, he was driving alone on the same stretch of isolated road that Ms Dodd was walking on when she disappeared."

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cr...nd-guilty-of-hayley-dodd-murder-ng-b88721234z

Is anyone else thinking that the body of the victim was not buried or / disappeared immediately ?
Either wark got someone else to help hide the body , or wark himself may have hidden the body temporarily , until he returned from the trip to perth .
Then at a later time, secreted the victim so that she couldnt be found, when he had the opportunity .
That proven time frame is too small for all of that to happen and successfully hide the body.
in my opinion only..
90c3fede1effd2ca6ec588922c28caf4.jpg
1cc5974d83f167f65075182ab54e197f.jpg

Great question. We are indeed talking about really narrow timeframe. So, we have the last person that saw her in Mr. Stribley around 11:40 and the first person that didn't see her after that in Mr. Keith Barrett, who was probably driving behind Wark. Mr. Barrett was driving almost like crazy, well over allowed limit because he wanted to be in Jurien Bay as quickly as possible. He passed position of 961 marker around 12:05. As you can see, there are 25 minutes (at most) available for someone to carry out this heinous deed. My personal opinion is that there were probably more people on the road that day, I'm not entirely convinced that all people came forward with their stories. Wark needs only 2-3 minutes from 961 marker to reach his house which is where he most probably went, not just because property was so close, also for him that's biggest comfort zone that he can imagine. But that's also debatable. He lived there for 15 years, he could have gone with her wherever he wanted, Badgingarra had no secrets as far as he's concerned.

So he had roughly 1 hour and 20 minutes to kill Hayley and hide her body somewhere. It's certainly possible. I have feeling that Hayley lies somewhere closer than we think. Because he just couldn't go too far from there, he didn't have time. At that point, at the end of July, and through August of 1999 I would be more than confident that she is somewhere off the road. However with the passage of time we can't ignore possibility that Wark had numerous chances to further hide her body if that was necessary. With enough resources you can just calculate expected distance that he could have travelled in his car in that period of time. After that divider can be used so that circle can be drawn on the map, and that area should be meticulously searched, on hands and knees, for weeks if necessary. Share your opinions, there are so many interesting details.

Quote Kraki: "The accused was taken to hospital, where his injuries were found to include two spiral fractures of the right fibula, a laceration to his right leg and fractures of one of his right toes. The fractures were treated conservatively and the right leg laceration was stitched."

I have no proof, but my imagination has suggested to me that hayley used her knife in desperate self defense to inflict the injury (or other minor injuries) that the doctor in the hospital stitched that day.
Perhaps minor injuries that Wark patched up and said they were from the traffic accident...
Am i just imagining things? or did hayley do this with the knife she had been given earlier the same day !
JmO

https://goo.gl/images/Vf6NSe
e9c90cdde00b862b2e8510de53ec900e.jpg

As I have mentioned in the post before, judgment is available for everyone to see. Document can be downloaded from the Supreme Court of Western Australia, but I will upload it here so that we can avoid unnecessary complications.

View attachment 129284

Kraki many thanks, your a very good sleuther.
Im very much enjoying your contributions.
Unfortunately this picture ( or whatever it is) you uploaded is blank from my view .
Is there a search title you could suggest for finding it on the Internet please ?
Apologies for the inconvenience.

*Edit addition , this is the link that failed have found it now :
: http://decisions.justice.wa.gov.au/...A866&action=openDocument&SessionID=EXQFCRDPFF

Quote Kraki: "The accused was taken to hospital, where his injuries were found to include two spiral fractures of the right fibula, a laceration to his right leg and fractures of one of his right toes. The fractures were treated conservatively and the right leg laceration was stitched."

I have no proof, but my imagination has suggested to me that hayley used her knife in desperate self defense to inflict the cut that the doctor in the hospital stitched that day.
Am i just imagining things? or did hayley do this with the knife she had been given earlier the same day !

https://goo.gl/images/Vf6NSe
e9c90cdde00b862b2e8510de53ec900e.jpg

My understanding is that all these injuries were result of that crash accident, at least that's how that paragraph in judgment sounds to me. We don't know how thorough he was examined. Perhaps he had some minor injuries on his body that doctors weren't able to notice, injuries that are result of struggle between him and Hayley, maybe he had scratches on his head that didn't look suspicious because he was involved in traffic accident. They obviously wanted to treat more serious injuries at that time.

WA NEWS
Hayley Dodd was given a knife 'for protection' the day she vanished
October 10 2017

"A close friend of Hayley Dodd says the last thing she gave to the murdered teenager before she went missing while hitchhiking alone in rural WA 18 years ago was a pocket knife for protection.
Ms Frederickson, now 39, told the court she used to worry if Hayley went out on her own and gave her a pocket knife for protection the day she left for her family friend's farm."

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/h...ion-the-day-she-vanished-20171010-gyy4id.html

Kraki many thanks, your a very good sleuther.
Im very much enjoying your contributions.
Unfortunately this picture ( or whatever it is) you uploaded is blank from my view .
Is there a search title you could suggest for finding it on the Internet please ?
Apologies for the inconvenience.

I don't know what has happened, I'm able to download that file, it's in PDF format. Maybe something is wrong within system.

Please open this link, and you will see on the list one sign: " THE STATE OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA -v- WARK"

http://decisions.justice.wa.gov.au/supreme/supdcsn.nsf/main.xsp

Let me know if you can open this link. If this is not working, than I'll have to guide you step by step.

My understanding is that all these injuries were result of that crash accident, at least that's how that paragraph in judgment sounds to me. We don't know how thorough he was examined. Perhaps he had some minor injuries on his body that doctors weren't able to notice, injuries that are result of struggle between him and Hayley, maybe he had scratches on his head that didn't look suspicious because he was involved in traffic accident. They obviously wanted to treat more serious injuries at that time.

Thanks for your reply Kraki .
If the accused had injuries from a (life or death for the victim) struggle he could say that he recieved them in the traffic accident. I dont think that anyone would dispute that because it was such a close time frame, (3 + hrs ).
《Quote :St John Ambulance Service were called to attend the accused at 3.41 pm on 29 July 1999 at the corner of Langford Ave and Nicholson Rd Lynwood, as a result of an accident between his motorbike and a car."》

There would be no reason for anyone to worry about what he said to the ambulance or hospital.
They probably just wanted to get the job done and move him on .
Wark has covered that problem easily with the accident, otherwise police would notice and be suspicious when they interviewed him in person some days later. Obviously it worked, in fact it would be the difference between being glaringly obvious if he had a cut or scratches and passing any injury off as part of the bike crash.
JmO

Im reading the pdf 2nd page,
Quote from the pdf , Wark ;
"While I was riding down Nicholson Road, a car turned in front of me and crashed.
I was taken to Royal Perth Hospital by ambulance. I had a very badly injured right leg and injuries to my right hand and face.

I was admitted to hospital and was released on Sunday, 1 August 1999.
I heard about the missing girl near Moora on the Saturday night's news while I was in hospital.
I have been staying with Paul and Catherine since I got out. I'm on crutches and will be unable to work for about eight weeks
I have lived at my house, in Badgingarra, for about 15 years.
John has lived with me since May or June this year. He just got out of jail for indecent dealing.
He has told me that this was on his daughter and niece when he took them skinny dipping.
I have known John for a couple of years, and he told me this before he went into jail."

--------------------------------------

Injuries to right hand and face...

Thanks for your reply Kraki .
If the accused had injuries from a (life or death for the victim) struggle he could say that he recieved them in the traffic accident. I dont think that anyone would dispute that because it was such a close time frame, (3 + hrs ).
《Quote :St John Ambulance Service were called to attend the accused at 3.41 pm on 29 July 1999 at the corner of Langford Ave and Nicholson Rd Lynwood, as a result of an accident between his motorbike and a car."》

There would be no reason for anyone to worry about what he said to the ambulance or hospital.
They probably just wanted to get the job done and move him on .
Wark has covered that problem easily with the accident, otherwise police would notice and be suspicious when they interviewed him in person some days later. Obviously it worked, in fact it would be the difference between being glaringly obvious if he had a cut or scratches and passing any injury off as part of the bike crash.
JmO

Im reading the pdf 2nd page,
Quote from the pdf , Wark ;
"While I was riding down Nicholson Road, a car turned in front of me and crashed.
I was taken to Royal Perth Hospital by ambulance. I had a very badly injured right leg and injuries to my right hand and face.

I was admitted to hospital and was released on Sunday, 1 August 1999.
I heard about the missing girl near Moora on the Saturday night's news while I was in hospital.
I have been staying with Paul and Catherine since I got out. I'm on crutches and will be unable to work for about eight weeks
I have lived at my house, in Badgingarra, for about 15 years.
John has lived with me since May or June this year. He just got out of jail for indecent dealing.
He has told me that this was on his daughter and niece when he took them skinny dipping.
I have known John for a couple of years, and he told me this before he went into jail."

--------------------------------------

Injuries to right hand and face...
Did Wark perhaps purposely cause the accident to explain injuries sustained in struggle with HD? Just a thought?

Possible locations to find the victim ,

Evidence of Mr Wayne Molloy

"271 Mr Wayne Molloy drove along the Brand highway from a mine site in Cataby to Geraldton on the morning of 29 July 1999. He pulled off to the side of the road near the Hill River bridge on Brand Highway. The Hill River bridge is approximately 6 km north of Badgingarra.304 As Mr Molloy sat in his car he heard what he believes was a girl scream briefly in the bush to the north west of where his car was stopped.
305 He heard a dog barking in the distance on the eastern side of the road. He did not see any car in the area.
306 Subsequent searches of that location failed to locate any trace of Ms Dodd.
307 272 It was sometime around 11.00 am that Mr Molloy left the mine site.308*He is not sure whether he returned to his accommodation at Cataby before he commenced his journey or whether he drove directly from the mine to Geraldton. His car did not travel very fast as it was prone to overheating at speed.
309 He would have arrived at the Hill River bridge sometime after 11.30 am.
273 Mr Molloy's evidence, either considered alone or in conjunction with all other evidence, does not affect the conclusions which I have come to about Ms Dodd's movements on 29 July 1999.
All he heard was a scream from a distance. He could be mistaken about the direction from which the voice came or about the gender of the speaker.
There were no related vehicles or people in the area.
The police searched the area but did not find any trace of Ms Dodd or of a disturbance.
I do not accept that Mr Molloy's evidence, however honestly given, is evidence which proves that Ms Dodd was in that area at that time."

http://decisions.justice.wa.gov.au/...274825821d000ba8ba?Open&Name=Supreme/SupCourt

Copied from the pdf :

Searched areas for HD ,

299On 31 July and 1 August 1999 the police conducted a search of the verge and roadway of North West Road from the intersection of Badgingarra and North West Road down to the Seldom Seen farm.360*On 31 July 1999, eight SES volunteers and police officers and a couple of search dogs attended that location. The search was reconvened the following morning with 40 SES officers. They searched between the fence lines on either side of North West Road. Nothing of relevance to Ms Dodd's disappearance was located.361

300On 3 August 1999 the police searched the Badgingarra tip area. Between 3 and 5 August 1999 the police also conducted an aerial search and a motorbike search. The motorbike search was conducted by four officers on motorbikes.362*The task allotted to those officers was to ride the boundaries of any roads, any firebreaks, any dams, bushy areas, sheds, outbuildings, or similar for anything that may assist the police to locate Ms Dodd. The properties adjoining North West Road between the intersection with Winjardie Road and Coalara Road, including the accused's home and the Seldom Seen farm were within the search parameters.363

301The aerial search was conducted by a fixed-wing air aeroplane utilising FLIR, which I was told is a device that will show heat sources. However I have not received any evidence from an expert about FLIR, its capabilities or limitations.364

302The search of the Badgingarra tip was a foot search using SES personnel. No heavy machinery was used to conduct that search.365

303On 7 August 1999 the Telstra pits along North West Road were searched but nothing was found.366*On 11 August 1999 the Seldom Seen farm was searched by police officers with the permission of Keith Hammond. Nothing was found that was connected to Ms Dodd.367

304On 17 August 1999 a firearm search was conducted on the accused's home. Nothing relating to Ms Dodd was found in the search.368

305On 28 August 1999 a very small area 3 km north of the Marchagee Track and 13.4 km west of Wilcox Road, which is over 80 km north of North West Road, was searched because an abandoned Datsun ute was located off a bush track. A number of its tyres were flat and it was not registered. The owner of the vehicle was located and it was ascertained that the ute was used by a flower picker. He left the ute in that location when he did not need it. The ute was towed back to Moora and forensically examined. The police enquiries did not reveal that the vehicle was related to Ms Dodd.369*The police also searched 50 m either side of the track for 1 km but did not locate anything of interest.370

306The police air wing conducted a further search on 30 August 1999 which included the Watheroo National Park. They flew over the area bounded by the Brand Highway in the west, Wilmott Road in the north, Midlands Road in the east and North West Road in the south. FLIR was apparently not used as the police do not have FLIR footage for that particular search. Nothing of interest to Operation Bluegum was seen.371

307On 4 September 1999 police and SES personnel searched the corner of North West Road and Mungedar Road. They searched between fence lines on either side of Mungedar Road and parts of the Cook farm, including an area on the property used for rubbish disposal. On a later date the police went back and, with appropriate protection, searched that rubbish tip.372

308On 4 September 1999 the police also searched an area around the intersection of Wathingarra Road and North West Road. They also searched another area near Goonderdoo Road and Dinner Hill Road because there were a couple of vacant buildings.373

309On 6 September 1999 the remainder of the roadway on Wathingarra Road, from fence line to fence line was searched. Nothing of interest was located.374

310On 13 August 2000 a search was conducted on the western side of Hill River Bridge. The police, accompanied by SES personnel, searched either side of the bridge and the river bed on the western side of the Brand Highway. That search was initiated as a result of information provided by Mr Molloy.375*The search area measured approximately 500 m by 200 m. Not items related to Ms Dodd were recovered.376

311At the end of November 2013, whilst the accused was in prison, the police searched his last known place of residence in Queensland. They relied on information supplied by an occupant of the property that the accused's property was stored in an outbuilding. A search of the outbuilding did not reveal any evidence linking the accused with the disappearance of Ms Dodd.377

312From the end of November through to 24 December 2013 the police conducted a very thorough search and excavation of the accused's home. It included searches of septic tanks, the excavation of various parts of the property and removal of some walls and floors of the house. No items connected to the disappearance of Ms Dodd were found.378*Some items were sent to PathWest for blood and DNA analysis. None of the results connected Ms Dodd to the premises.379

313Between 27 December 2013 and 30 December 2013 the police and SES personnel conducted three days of searches at the back of the accused's home and Winjardie Creek. Nothing was found which was connected to Ms Dodd.380

314On 16 January 2014 the police searched an area close to the accused's home but did not find anything of interest.381

315In early 2014 the police seized the remains of the accused's Moto Guzzi motorcycle which he had stored on another person's property.382*All of the areas which may have been touched by someone were swabbed. When analysed, no DNA was detected on the vast majority of the swabs. Low levels of DNA which were not suitable for further testing were detected on the left indicator. A stain on the foam edge on the underside of the seat was positive for the presumptive chemical test for blood. However confirmatory testing was negative. Low levels of DNA were detected on that area but it was not suitable for further analysis.383

316On 6 May 2014 the police searched from 672 North West Road to the intersection of Dandaragan Road and North West Road and various other spots in the area where they thought that human remains could be left.384*No items connected to the disappearance of Ms Dodd were found.385

317On 12 January 2016 the police searched the eastern side of Brand Highway near the Hill River bridge. Nothing was located in the course of that search.386

http://decisions.justice.wa.gov.au/...274825821d000ba8ba?Open&Name=Supreme/SupCourt

Did Wark perhaps purposely cause the accident to explain injuries sustained in struggle with HD? Just a thought?

I have often thought the same ^ - (Wark required a watertight alibi that fateful day). The fact he borrowed the Ute (from his live-in Pedophile mate) that same morning and the indicator piece was smashed off would indicate a struggle & that the Ute was not parked correctly at Wark's property. Someone had damaged the indicator & abandoned the Ute quickly. Wark may have had stab wounds & scratches to his face. Unless Wark confesses - it can never be determined. I would have liked the report from the Doctor & staff at RPH ED.

It would be interesting the opinion of the other car driver involved in the MVA in Langford - whether his Insurance thought the motor bike rider was at fault? Unsure if this was followed up or explained in full.

"Mrs Dodd enlisted a private investigator, an indigenous tracker, a psychic, a cadaver dog and visited a murderer in jail who claimed knowledge of Hayley’s disappearance, leaving no stone unturned in her quest for answers.
In 2004, Mrs Dodd returned to North West Road with private investigator Mick Buckley and Aboriginal tracker Kevin Cameron, to no avail."

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/hayl...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Screen shots from news video in link

9a6cd3bcf8c83b922746c7ebc1053779.jpg
b2f55f0930ca8e31904028d71651e575.jpg
210d62eeb00c87259502b1b6b7092844.jpg
f4bf1d7cc4b05fb8d2110254bd3e5a29.jpg

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/hayl...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Screen shots from the news video.
A red mark on cheek very obvious to see in video .
Theres nothing to indicate that this occured before the bike crash in the court transcript or anywhere else .
Doesn't rule out some other mark from self defense on another part of his body .
I doubt Wark crashed on purpose, more of a bad karma juju accident from a concentration lapse or just plain bad luck.
JmO
0ba3ac2f10ca8399036ac5ac2fb2b7c3.jpg
8caa059ec0701fb2a8815c9832330dc8.jpg
2fa00d56b8b6d4f4018416c9c6da2f11.jpg
36e4c66f6cf0a7b913433e1bc30dbdef.jpg

Just imagine........ if Wark had a stab wound/slice Who in Perth would suture it without questions? His friends he was going to visit would have asked questions. We also know Hayley had a new sharp knife that day - given to her by her friend.

Wark's perfect alibi to have a tiny MVA accident to cover up all scratches/marks/bites/wounds on the day in question! Maybe he just "slid" into the car - could have braked but did not! I'm too cynical to believe it was an accident. I think he's too cunning that Wark............. imo

I’m convinced Wark caused the accident to cover up his wounds that could have been inflicted on him by Hayley. If they were she did a pretty good job of fighting back.

If Wark had to get out of Badgingarra asap I wonder if he left Hayley for someone else to dispose of her. Perhaps his paedophile room mate?

Wark had his dog on the motorbike with him when heading for Perth. No mention of dog when he “crashed”. MOO

I was able to conclude from judgment that dog wasn't in a car with Wark on that day. Wark picked up Miss Piggy only when he was ready to go to Perth on his motorbike "Moto Guzzi".

When we talk about Wark intentionally crashing himself to hide possible injuries related with Hayley's murder, that sounds intriguing, because after that he has perfect explanation for all injuries on his body. But, here are my problems with this theory. First of all, he fractured his fibula on two separate locations. Well, I still haven't heard about person that would be willing to break it's leg like a branch to hide something sinister, sense of self preservation prevents you from even thinking about that. Another problem is judgment itself. I have a feeling from that paragraph inside, even though it's never mentioned explicitly, that driver in a car should be the one to blame for this crash. Wark was on Nicholson Road when incident happened, that we know only from his statement when he was interviewed for the first time. Incident happened on the intersection between Nicholson Road and Langford Avenue and that Avenue lies on the right hand side of Nicholson Road. Also worthy of note is that Nicholson Road is apparently a main road, so that means that drivers on Langford Avenue have to be careful when they are turning onto Nicholson Road. If we take into account that Wark suffered injuries on the right side of his body, only conclusion that we can make is that driver of the vehicle wasn't careful enough when he was turning onto Nicholson Road and he crashed right into Wark who didn't have enough time to react.

Of course that's just my opinion, I can be epicly wrong about this one. I will now upload pictures of that intersection from two different angles. One angle will show view that Wark had, and the other one will be from Langford Avenue.

Intersection1.jpg

Wark's view

Intersection2.jpg

Driver's view

I was able to conclude from judgment that dog wasn't in a car with Wark on that day. Wark picked up Miss Piggy only when he was ready to go to Perth on his motorbike "Moto Guzzi".

When we talk about Wark intentionally crashing himself to hide possible injuries related with Hayley's murder, that sounds intriguing, because after that he has perfect explanation for all injuries on his body. But, here are my problems with this theory. First of all, he fractured his fibula on two separate locations. Well, I still haven't heard about person that would be willing to break it's leg like a branch to hide something sinister, sense of self preservation prevents you from even thinking about that. Another problem is judgment itself. I have a feeling from that paragraph inside, even though it's never mentioned explicitly, that driver in a car should be the one to blame for this crash. Wark was on Nicholson Road when incident happened, that we know only from his statement when he was interviewed for the first time. Incident happened on the intersection between Nicholson Road and Langford Avenue and that Avenue lies on the right hand side of Nicholson Road. Also worthy of note is that Nicholson Road is apparently a main road, so that means that drivers on Langford Avenue have to be careful when they are turning onto Nicholson Road. If we take into account that Wark suffered injuries on the right side of his body, only conclusion that we can make is that driver of the vehicle wasn't careful enough when he was turning onto Nicholson Road and he crashed right into Wark who didn't have enough time to react.

Of course that's just my opinion, I can be epicly wrong about this one. I will now upload pictures of that intersection from two different angles. One angle will show view that Wark had, and the other one will be from Langford Avenue.

View attachment 129329

Wark's view

View attachment 129330

Driver's view

Hi Kraki - yes it certainly is a very extreme theory that someone would deliberately put themselves in harms way - their sense of self preservation would stop them from doing this. I wonder though if you knew you would be going to jail for killing someone unless you covered it up, like making it look like you have been in an accident, would a person look at doing that as self preservation. He may have had a previous leg injury that was weak and it didn’t take much to break the bones again!

I know it’s a long shot but I am so convinced Wark did this to cover up his injuries. It’s also very coincidental. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back