GUILTY Australia - Jamie Gao, 20, murdered, Padstow, NSW, 20 May 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He talked too much.

yes he sure did.

Do those highly ranked and trusted usually talk that much? I wouldnt have thought so. He had been watched since 2011, whats he been up to in the last 3 years?

Jamie Gao boasts about drug deal with man named Glen.

highly ranked and trusted member of the drug syndicate, believed to be a Hong Kong-based Asian organised crime group.

He was not some lowly delivery boy,” said one senior detective. “No syndicate is going to trust some underling with 3kg of gear and you don’t get trusted with that much for your first deal.”

Gao broke the underworld’s universal rule of drug-dealing: The drugs never go to the money.

had been in the sights of federal police as a suspected drug importer for years,

Immaturity. He might have had connections and the ability to become high ranked, but at the end of the day he's still a 20 year old kid.

This is all becoming very tangled isn't it. So does anyone think that maybe he was an informant since he was due give evidence at the ACC?

Looking over Sleeps timeline (thank you Sleep), I can't believe that McNamara held on to the drugs, leaving them in his own car for nearly 4 days?? He must have thought he was in the clear.

Even if he didn't give anyone up at that hearing, the fact that he appeared, and then found himself on kidnapping / assault charges could have made some people nervous.

If the AFP had been watching since 2011 - he would have been 17yo - how long before that did he come to their attention? When he was 15/16 ?

I find it odd that the AFP would think he was a "high ranking member" at 17 and worth watching for 3 years.

IMO he was an informant and someone has made a huge mistake.

Why would GM keep the surfboard bag and clothes he allegedly wore. But then again why did dumb and dumber do so many of the things they did.
I just dont get it, to me everything just falls into place too easily. They may as well have just shot Jamie in the street....MOO

The pair then backed their station wagon up to the storage shed where they allegedly loaded Mr Gao's body wrapped in the surfboard bag and blue tarpaulin into the car.

Officers later seized the surfboard bag from McNamara's Cronulla home as well as clothing he was allegedly wearing in the security footage.

Read more at http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national...efore-dumping-body-at-sea#jmrjOl0J8Q3Drjek.99

Did they believe, or have some assurance, that LE would turn a blind eye? It very much seems that way, for not much else can explain their boldness. Will we ever know the truth?

If this crime was committed in the exactly the same manner in the 70's or 80's or even 90's is there any part of it that would lead detectives to Rogerson or McNamara's door? Even with Jamie's body being discovered by fishermen off Cronulla. I'm trying to work out if police could have solved it back then.

See maybe this crime wasn't really stupid or suspect, perhaps these two were just doing the same kind of murders they were used to committing back in the day, and just hadn't adjusted their methods to modern policing methods.

If this crime was committed in the exactly the same manner in the 70's or 80's or even 90's is there any part of it that would lead detectives to Rogerson or McNamara's door? Even with Jamie's body being discovered by fishermen off Cronulla. I'm trying to work out if police could have solved it back then.

See maybe this crime wasn't really stupid or suspect, perhaps these two were just doing the same kind of murders they were used to committing back in the day, and just hadn't adjusted their methods to modern policing methods.
I was going to say McNamara's phone no in Jamies phone, but there weren't too many mobile's back then either. So yeah, maybe they were just in a time warp.

I can't believe they were so unaware of CCTV - RR noticed all the camera's when he went to visit Neddy in Long Bay in 88, he would have to know how much they are used in police work more than 25 years later.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...d-last-interview/story-fni0cx4q-1226938447063

“It was very comfortable but there were cameras everywhere, little dome things in the roof. We were being watched. I presumed we were being photographed, filed and listened to.

DUMB and dumber. Roger Rogerson and CCTV footage are no strangers to each other.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...der-of-jamie-gao/story-fni0cx12-1226937982110

also from the link above

At about the same time, police received a call from concerned neighbours of Gao’s parents’ million-dollar Hurstville home. His parents were in Hong Kong visiting their only son’s grandparents but there was a lot of activity around the house.

. It turned out to be five of his friends looking for him. Later that evening, two of Gao’s cousins would also report him missing.

More pertinent to the events leading to Gao’s murder is that he has been exposed as a low-level drug dealer who has been using and selling drugs for about five years, since his high school days.

Police have said he went under their radar — until he was reported missing

With Rogerson and McNamara in jail, bail refused, on murder and major drug supply charges, detectives are still working back — to find the gun, to find where the drugs came from, to find how Gao fits into the picture with McNamara and Rogerson, to find out why he was shot dead.

He may well have just been the go-between to take the drugs from the Hong Kong nationals to the two ex-cops.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...der-of-jamie-gao/story-fni0cx12-1226937982110

Morning all, I'm new here.

I'd suggest to you that there's no part of this crime that would normally lead detectives to Rogerson's or McNamara's door even today, other than the proverbial hitting the fan when a high level surveillance target suddenly vanishes into thin air.

"Now where'd that little p**ck go? Has he given us the slip and bolted?"

There is of course, a logical and alternative explanation as to why two crusty and streetwise standover men / debt collectors / loan sharks / well trained and very experienced detectives committed such a comically bungled crime, and I don't believe it's been aired here yet.

It could be because McNamara never took him to the storage unit with the intention of killing him. There are some things that might point to this. For example, they don't appear to have anything already waiting within the unit in which to transport the body. Remember that they had to go and get a surfboard cover from the wagon.

I'm aware of the rumors that the unit was lined with plastic, but I'm not sure of the reliability of the source of that? Assumedly, this plastic had been removed by the time detectives and FSG turn up. And there's no surveillance in the unit. So how do we know it was ever there? Is it perhaps speculation because the scene was so clean? I don't know the answer, I'm just putting it out there.

One more cat among the pigeons for you. A possible reason that Gao allowed the drugs to go to the money; The purpose of his visit wasn't to sell drugs, but to borrow money. McNamara checked to see that Gao had brought the loan security, and once satisfied that he had a bag full of it, took him to get the money. Rogo turns up with the money, something goes wrong and... pop pop.

Also explains why two thugs known for loan sharking, one of whom is loudly anti drugs were having a strange meeting with a meth dealer. Doubly explains why McNamara still had the meth days and days later. He never intended to dispose of it or onsell it, and had no idea what to do with it.

"Ah yes" you say "since when do drug dealers need to borrow money?" Answer; when the drugs they're handling do not belong to them. Don't forget that Gao was excited about seeing McNamara because he was going to get some money. Now, if Gao was dealing for cash everyday, he'd hardly think that was boastworthy, or even remarkable.

DUMB and dumber. Roger Rogerson and CCTV footage are no strangers to each other.

also from the link above

At about the same time, police received a call from concerned neighbours of Gao’s parents’ million-dollar Hurstville home. His parents were in Hong Kong visiting their only son’s grandparents but there was a lot of activity around the house.

. It turned out to be five of his friends looking for him. Later that evening, two of Gao’s cousins would also report him missing.

That's the first I've heard about "Parents" I've only heard about the mother up until now.

I'd suggest to you that there's no part of this crime that would normally lead detectives to Rogerson's or McNamara's door even today, other than the proverbial hitting the fan when a high level surveillance target suddenly vanishes into thin air.

There is of course, a logical and alternative explanation as to why two crusty and streetwise standover men / debt collectors / loan sharks / well trained and very experienced detectives committed such a comically bungled crime, and I don't believe it's been aired here yet.

It could be because McNamara never took him to the storage unit with the intention of killing him. There are some things that might point to this. For example, they don't appear to have anything already waiting within the unit in which to transport the body. Remember that they had to go and get a surfboard cover from the wagon.

I'm aware of the rumors that the unit was lined with plastic, but I'm not sure of the reliability of the source of that? Assumedly, this plastic had been removed by the time detectives and FSG turn up. And there's no surveillance in the unit. So how do we know it was ever there? Is it perhaps speculation because the scene was so clean? I don't know the answer, I'm just putting it out there.

One more cat among the pigeons for you. A possible reason that Gao allowed the drugs to go to the money; The purpose of his visit wasn't to sell drugs, but to borrow money. McNamara checked to see that Gao had brought the loan security, and once satisfied that he had a bag full of it, took him to get the money. Rogo turns up with the money, something goes wrong and... pop pop.

Also explains why two thugs known for loan sharking, one of whom is loudly anti drugs were having a strange meeting with a meth dealer. Doubly explains why McNamara still had the meth days and days later. He never intended to dispose of it or onsell it, and had no idea what to do with it.

:welcome5:

That's the first I've heard about "Parents" I've only heard about the mother up until now.

I havent seen anything on "dad" either.

why Police Protection?
So many questions. Ill be quiet now lol :shutup:

Mr Gao's mother, who runs a small business, was overseas on holiday at the time of the abduction, but she has since returned to Australia to await news of her only child.

The 20-year-old's family have been offered police protection, but there is no evidence of a particular threat to them.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/kidnapped...feared-dead-20140525-zrnf7.html#ixzz33RJfnMcI

"Ah yes" you say "since when do drug dealers need to borrow money?" Answer; when the drugs they're handling do not belong to them. Don't forget that Gao was excited about seeing McNamara because he was going to get some money. Now, if Gao was dealing for cash everyday, he'd hardly think that was boastworthy, or even remarkable.

:wagon:

Great thoughts!! Yes that could explain a lot! I think you're right, the only reason police thought the unit was covered in plastic is because there was no blood at scene, now since we now know Gao was shot with a small caliber bullet, a shot to the heart may have caused more internal bleeding or killed him so quickly there was minimal beating to push blood around and out at all, so therefore little blood.

Interesting re: money lending. It does fit in with what they were up do.

What could have gone wrong inside the unit that led to Gao's death?

Police protection huh .. well I have a few theories on that :censored:

Seeing the type of news coming out now, I would not surprise me that there have been cover-ups in the past.
Secret ACC commissions sitting with Gao present...

I would say Jamie Gao was an informant - If he has been on their radar for 3 years, why wasn't he arrested earlier? If he has 3kg of ice and is distributing the drug - and openly, and he was suspected of being an importer, at what point were they going to make a bust?
I don't think they were going to bust him, because he was more helpful alive and distributing, than he was in jail. But now he has been murdered. He was better off in jail.

As sleepinoz mentioned, if Gao had been on the Investigators radar for 3 years and he was 17, he wasn't even an adult. They were watching a kid deal and distribute.

News.com Read More:
It is understood tests have shown Gao was most likely sitting down when he was shot twice at point-blank range in the chest in a Padstow storage unit.

Daily Telegraph. Read More:
After allegedly shooting Mr Gao dead and putting his body in the back of McNamara’s white station wagon, CCTV footage shows them carrying chairs out of the unit and putting them in the back of the wagon.
When they allegedly returned early afternoon the next day to clean out the unit, they were seen unloading some chairs back into the unit.

So that"s why the chairs were removed from the storage Unit - and then they put them back in the storage unit...
I would call that another bungle actually.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen
Back