GUILTY Australia - Jamie Gao, 20, murdered, Padstow, NSW, 20 May 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...tudent-jamie-gao/story-e6frg6nf-1226931318179

So McNamara's request for protective custody was approved but not Rogerson's. Both in Silverwater. I thought they told Rogerson it was too crowded. Why would they approve one and not the other?

no idea regarding the protective custody, but MSM corrected the over populated statement.

Mr Rogerson was reportedly being held in Silverwater jail on Wednesday but had been denied protective custody

Correction: This story previously said Mr Rogerson had been denied protective custody due to this area being over populated.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/kidnappin...st-revealed-20140528-394sd.html#ixzz33TdX7SyJ

I understand what your saying, but if they had the CCTV footage that gave them the info that led to them GM, and they would have known it was his car, and would also know how many vehicles were registered in his name, they would have had enough info to execute a warrant for his premises and property.

Seems they didn't or MSM are once again mixing up the facts! which they have on several occasions in this case.

With the greatest respect, Sleepinoz, I'm not sure I agree.

At that stage of the investigation there would be some confusion about which offence the warrant would need to be issued for. What offence is the CCTV footage proof of? Is it kidnapping or murder, is it proof of neither, or is it proof of something else? They would have been hoping that the searching of the wagon might clarify things for them, and it appears that it did.

When applying for a warrant, it's simply not enough in the application to say "We think he did something Your Honour, but we're just not entirely sure what that is".

The warrant itself actually specifies what may be taken during the search, and only items of evidentiary value pertaining to the particular offence specified within the warrant can be taken, it's not an open ended ticket to take whatever the police notice or feel like taking. See section 47 of the Law Enforcement (Powers and Responsibilities) Act 2002

Even if you are correct, and you may be, time is of the essence at that stage of the game. Why waste time obtaining a warrant to search the vehicle when you don't need one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...tudent-jamie-gao/story-e6frg6nf-1226931318179

So McNamara's request for protective custody was approved but not Rogerson's. Both in Silverwater. I thought they told Rogerson it was too crowded. Why would they approve one and not the other?

Simple. Everyone knows that Rogerson is respected by both staff and inmates alike inside and will be welcome and well received. Whilst McNamara on the other hand...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But it wasn’t until Sunday morning that McNamara discovered the car was gone, triggering a flurry of panicked calls to his alleged accomplice, disgraced former police detective Roger Rogerson. A short time later, McNamara drove to Cooma prison, in southern NSW, to visit an inmate.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226938455360

The question I have here is -- sure, most people might have to book 24 hrs ahead to get a prison visit. But would McNamara?

Who wakes up, knowing his murder victim's floated, that the cops are all over it, discovers the car and drugs are gone, and then decides to take a leisurely drive of several long hours to visit good ol' Uncle Herb in the pokey?

Nah, he was on a mission there, IMO.

The question I have here is -- sure, most people might have to book 24 hrs ahead to get a prison visit. But would McNamara?

Who wakes up, knowing his murder victim's floated, that the cops are all over it, discovers the car and drugs are gone, and then decides to take a leisurely drive of several long hours to visit good ol' Uncle Herb in the pokey?

Nah, he was on a mission there, IMO.

ITA. I bet McNamara could get past the 24 hr notice. I also find his behavior extremely odd. There had to be a reason for him to visit an inmate when he did. I would think both men would have been trying to get out of Dodge, kwim?
Hmmm.

COURTING THE CRIMS
Media Watch Episode 18, 2 June 2014

Why does the media love glamorising known criminals, like Roger Rogerson, Mick Gatto and Jordan Belfort?

PETER OVERTON: Charged with murder, disgraced cop Roger Rogerson arrested live on television.
— Channel Nine News, 27th May, 2014

MARK FERGUSON: Tonight, the notorious former detective, Roger "the Dodger" in custody, charged over a student’s murder.
— Channel Seven News, 27th May, 2014

SANDRA SULLY: Tonight, infamous ex-cop Roger Rogerson, arrested and in custody, accused of executing a drug runner.
— Channel Ten News, 27th May, 2014

Hello, I’m Paul Barry, welcome to Media Watch.

And oh how the media loves a murder.

But how come that scrum was outside the home of disgraced Sydney detective Roger Rogerson at the moment of his arrest?

Full Video:

http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/me...399_&gclid=CKqwuLqH3L4CFc6CvQod74kAhQ#playing

Transcript:

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s4017348.htm

Just bouncing of your thread Mrs G Norris ...,
I went looking at some of the other headlines and found the story below thinking 'another' headline - but after reading the story - the headline is appropriate...

Haunting legacy of a night of terror
Daily Telegraph - 1st June 2014. Read More:
...That’s just one of the legacies of that terrible night 30 years ago, when the decorated drug squad officer was gunned down in the kitchen of his Chatswood home, right next to his 18-month old daughter.
-----
He had refused the $30,000 bribe he claimed Rogerson allegedly offered him to change his evidence at the heroin trafficking trial of Melbourne drug dealer Alan Williams, from the notorious Painters and Dockers Union.
-----
And the man who the court was later told helped organize the hit, and provided Flannery with Drury’s home address, was his fellow detective Roger Rogerson.
-----
It’s a twisted world in which a man like Rogerson is celebrated.

It sure is FigTree, but there are plenty of folks who think these guys are just wonderful ..

Interestingly enough Rogerson himself was later suspected in having some involvement in Flannery's death. If you think back over the last few decades Rogerson has never been too far away from the action has he?

A little OT but I was reading today on some other corrupt cops suspected of murder (looking for the one known to my family..) and found this perfect example of how corruption goes all the way up the ladder:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...phy-dies-aged-82/story-fn59niix-1225974723303

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ice-commissioner/story-fnihsrf2-1226861737831

Looking at this case through Joh-coloured glasses: Jamie was in 'secret talks' with the ACC, so we can assume he was talking to them about police corruption.

But was it the Dodgies he was talking to them about? Could RR and McN just have been the 'fixers' for an upcoming problem Jamie might have caused a bunch of police involved in present corruption?

Was the prisoner McN visited connected in any way to present corruption investigations..?

Corruption scandals down here in Vic a few years ago saw a handful of cops charged over stolen police files being leaked to crime lords and other villains:

http://www.theage.com.au/national/i...ed-to-alleged-crime-bosses-20081201-6ot1.html

I remember wondering at the time if the corruption was a much wider thing than it appeared to be. And looking at that case, it's clear 'old school' corruption hasn't really gone away at all.

Anyway, are we really expected to believe that a drug dealer in 'secret talks' the ACC won't "confirm or deny" just happens to get murdered in a bungled drug robbery. By two cops long associated with corruption.

Smells like something these guys would try to sell us:

DodBrosRed.jpg

Looking at how far beyond Murphy the corruption went in QLD I don't feel it's unwarranted suspicion.

Let's face it, police corruption, especially in the higher ranks is systemic in this country.

Two weeks before he went missing, Gao was before Downing Centre Local Court on kidnapping and assault charges, where he was represented by Ms Lau and the case adjourned.

The friends told officers that Gao had been boasting for weeks about a meeting with a man named Glen,

MURDER victim Jamie Gao had been called to give evidence before a secret hearing at the powerful Australian Crime Commission in the weeks before his death.

http://www.news.com.au/national/mur...crime-commission/story-fncynjr2-1226939305798

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...left-cops-shaken/story-fni0cx4q-1226938455360

Jamie had a very interesting few weeks....

More pertinent to the events leading to Gao’s murder is that he has been exposed as a low-level drug dealer who has been using and selling drugs for about five years, since his high school days.

Police have said he went under their radar — until he was reported missing.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...der-of-jamie-gao/story-fni0cx12-1226937982110

added that they “strongly believe” Gao was involved in a drug transaction, and that he had known one of the people he met “for some time”.

Why and what made the ACC call Jamie in to give evidence before a secret hearing? Maybe Ive answered my own question....

I love how police say he went under the radar until he went missing, when he'd been before the ACC in the weeks before he died. So he'd been active as a 'small time drug dealer' since high school, was able to get his hands on 3kg of the stuff for either a drug deal or as loan security, yet he'd never been nicked? Sounds reasonable.

I love how police say he went under the radar until he went missing, when he'd been before the ACC in the weeks before he died. So he'd been active as a 'small time drug dealer' since high school, was able to get his hands on 3kg of the stuff for either a drug deal or as loan security, yet he'd never been nicked? Sounds reasonable.

yep, this whole thing is crazy!

Small time drug dealer but also suspected importer for years who the police had watched since 2011 :facepalm:

Greed, power and too many smarts
By Roger Rogerson

For someone at a rank and level of power, especially in the crime commission, you're the commander, you don't need a partner in crime. You can do a lot of dodginess all on your own. Coppers like this mix with certain horrible people and the minute they have some trust with them they then use them as a conduit and that's how it all comes about.

The normal state cops are answerable but these guys, they're not answerable to anyone. They had the Royal Commission and it said all these horrible things that cops got up to, but it's nothing like what's going on in the Crime Commission.

http://www.investigateway.com/article_greed_power_and_too_many_smarts.html

Greed, power and too many smarts
By Roger Rogerson

For someone at a rank and level of power, especially in the crime commission, you're the commander, you don't need a partner in crime. You can do a lot of dodginess all on your own. Coppers like this mix with certain horrible people and the minute they have some trust with them they then use them as a conduit and that's how it all comes about.

The normal state cops are answerable but these guys, they're not answerable to anyone. They had the Royal Commission and it said all these horrible things that cops got up to, but it's nothing like what's going on in the Crime Commission.

http://www.investigateway.com/article_greed_power_and_too_many_smarts.html

"It takes a certain type of person to cross the line. They've got to have greed. I honestly don't think you could say corruption exists because cops are poorly paid. It's because of greed, simple as that." RR

Thanks for that article Ausgirl, very interesting.

Ok - so I think I have sorted out the car business...
McNamara's car was taken from the Underground carpark of the units where he lived.
That may explain how the car was removed without McNamara being alerted to the fact.

Source:
  • ..the vehicle was parked in the underground carpark at the Cronulla unit complex where their chief suspect, former police officer Glen McNamara, lived.

• Police had swooped about 4am on Saturday last week while McNamara was asleep, secretly removing the car — along with the drugs.

• But it wasn’t until Sunday morning that McNamara discovered the car was gone, triggering a flurry of panicked calls to his alleged accomplice, disgraced former police detective Roger Rogerson.

• A short time later, McNamara drove to Cooma prison, in southern NSW, to visit an inmate.

When did Jamie hook up with the 2 men - the Hong Kong Nationals - on the day of his murder?

Were they at his home in Hurstville and they all left together to go to Arab Street Padstow for the deal to take place?

Or did Gao meet them somewhere and then they all went to Arab street for the deal?

Ok - so I think I have sorted out the car business...
McNamara's car was taken from the Underground carpark of the units where he lived.
That may explain how the car was removed without McNamara being alerted to the fact.

Source:
  • ..the vehicle was parked in the underground carpark at the Cronulla unit complex where their chief suspect, former police officer Glen McNamara, lived.

• Police had swooped about 4am on Saturday last week while McNamara was asleep, secretly removing the car — along with the drugs.

• But it wasn’t until Sunday morning that McNamara discovered the car was gone, triggering a flurry of panicked calls to his alleged accomplice, disgraced former police detective Roger Rogerson.

• A short time later, McNamara drove to Cooma prison, in southern NSW, to visit an inmate.

Yep, they swooped at 4am - he didn't hear it. He must have been beside himself when he found his car (and meth) gone. Roger was supposedly booked on a flight from Brisbane to Syd, but didn't show for it. Instead deciding to drive. That is a long drive and must have been a very nervous one...

1.45pm: Car is driven 600m to a storage unit, followed by a Ford Falcon. Gao and McNamara enter Unit 803, Rogerson follows.

1.47pm: Gao is allegedly shot twice in the chest.

1.55pm: Rogerson and McNamara walk in and out of the unit a number of times. There is no sign of Gao. Soon afterwards Rogerson and McNamara are seen dragging a surfboard cover with something heavy inside from the unit.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...left-cops-shaken/story-fni0cx4q-1226938455360

10mins and its all over for Jamie, well not even that long if the time lines are correct :(

McNamara had written 2 books about fighting corruption. How did he go from being a corruption fighter to corrupt so quickly?
Or was he corrupt the whole time?
And if that's the case Australia has a big problem when even the corruption fighters are corrupt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen
Back