Found Deceased Australia - Jesse Baird, 26, TV presenter and partner Luke Davies, 29. blood located at home, 23 Feb 2024 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is making a bit more sense now, none of this was really seeming "rational"...wrong word choice, but why there? obviously he knew of the place, had some sort of "plan"
Do you think he killed a former lover (Jesse) and was tring to pin the murder(s) on a different previous lover (the landowner)? Speculation on my part but I wonder if he was hoping to cause trouble for or privately gloat over dead bodies being disposed of on the landowner's property?

I'm intrigued by how he could have discovered that. If he placed the bodies in water with weights, he would have needed to remain there for some time to observe if the bodies resurfaced. Alternatively, he might have arrived earlier, and during his second visit with the woman, he could have pulled them out, placed them in surf bags, and relocated them to the bush 20 minutes away. All of this within a 30-minute timeframe, while she was alone, waiting for him somewhere on the road. Notably, there was no boat visible in any of the ponds.

However, I have reservations about this scenario. It seems unlikely that he executed such a plan. Instead, I suspect he kept the bodies in those bags hidden in the bush, possibly intending to relocate them later but not in the shallow ponds. IMHO.
I suspect that the bags didn't sink to the bottom from the very start, but floated, visible in the water. And surfboard bags are often bright colours. If so, they would have been obvious. But there was no time to do anything about it right then.

Just speculating here, but I suspect the perpetrator returned, put the weights in the surf bag or tied them to it, let go, and found the bags didn't disappear to the bottom. They were too buoyant, still. So a new plan had to be formulated on the spot, one that involved moving the bodies to another location and hiding them with debris.

MOO

If you found yourself in a car with someone acting intense and suspicious you'd probably go along with it too until you had a way to be clear of them
If I found myself in a white van with a cop acting suss, I would jump out at the first opportunity and run for my life. Perhaps she didn't feel in danger, and he told her a really bogus story. I still cannot believe he'd transfer the bodies with her in the vehicle...

They were found near a fence line by the entrance to the property. 20 minutes away from the original property they were searching. Found in surf bags, covered in debris.

ETA he moved the bodies from the 1st property to the second where they were found. They believe this happened Wednesday night/early Thursday morning.
it seems very odd he chose to leave them by a fence line "covered with debris"... after going to another property with acquaintance, purchasing weights etc. etc... what in the actual f?

In the press conference, it was stated that the bodies were found in “surf bags”. My idea of a surf bag would not be large enough to fit a human in it……. Unless the bodies weren’t in one piece? I wonder if the bags were actually surf board bags, then they could be large enough.
in the press conference they referred to it as "remains" so I'm assuming it was a body per say in the bag

in the press conference they referred to it as "remains" so I'm assuming it was a body per say in the bag
News articles have indeed reported that they were found in surfboard bags. Which makes a lot of sense; they're probably one of the closest equivalent things you can buy to body bags as a civilian without raising eyebrows.

MOO

I suspect that the bags didn't sink to the bottom from the very start, but floated, visible in the water. And surfboard bags are often bright colours. If so, they would have been obvious. But there was no time to do anything about it right then.
If you put your surf bag in your pool without the board in it you can lay on it like a lilo. They just float.

Are we certain he tried to put them in the Dam? How can you explain to a friend why you're covered in thick clay mud from outside a dam? The Bungonia property featured a large blue sea container and a big shed visible from the ABC chopper. He might have removed the lock on the sea container or shed and replaced it with another one after putting the bodies inside.

<modsnip - quoted post contained inappropriate language>

If I understand his motives, he probably did it all alone. That he was delusional I can believe, though. If not “the Bodyguard”, then, “Mr. Fixer” with the mafia, or similar nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you put your surf bag in your pool without the board in it you can lay on it like a lilo. They just float.

Are we certain he tried to put them in the Dam? How can you explain to a friend why you're covered in thick clay mud from outside a dam? The Bungonia property featured a large blue sea container and a big shed visible from the ABC chopper. He might have removed the lock on the sea container or shed and replaced it with another one after putting the bodies inside.
I don't think we know for sure, as I said above, I'm just speculating. I do think he intended to put the bodies in the water at some point, because otherwise, the weights don't make sense. You don't need weights for dumping bodies in the bush, on land. And if he did put the bodies in the van after being in the water, then the need to hose the back out makes sense. It wouldn't just be transfer blood traces and fibres in there, it would be mud, plant debris, gross silty dam water.

MOO

Realistically, to get the body filled bags into a dam to submerge, he is going to have needed to have walked these a fair way in as I’m imagining the dam edges are sloped to
Allow animals to wade in to drink. That being the case, carrying body filled bag into damn would be seemingly more difficult than he possibly first thought. Consequently they were left in a bizarre Location and then attempted to be covered with debris

Yeah Marg, I took it to mean Surfboard bags. I think that’s what he put them in to transport them around, probably thinking that would contain all the blood etc. but unfortunately for him, after he moved them from the dam, he had to wash all the mud etc out of the white van, so went to a different friend’s place to do that.

What a dangerous, self-absorbed **&$@&! No regard for anyone else, certainly not for Jesse or Luke or their families & friends, but also not for his own family, friends & associates. Can you imagine being his mother !
He should never be allowed back in society imo, and why should we bust our butts to keep him safe.
Frustrating that it is our tax payers' funds that pay for his incarceration.

Interesting that it seems they attempted to interview him but it’s only today (now he has a lawyer) they’ve actually been able to talk to him. I had images of them questioning him over the past few days and him refusing to speak etc- but it seems like maybe they could only do the first attempted interview and then they’ve had to wait.

“The accused finally obtained legal counsel this morning and we were subsequently straight out to jail and asked for his assistance,’ Assistant Commissioner Fitzgerald told reporters.

“There was an attempted interview with him [when he was first arrested] but this is the first time he has willingly told us information.”

I was impressed with what I saw of her at the press conference. For all that she was flustered and tired and overwhelmed, having not had media training, she said the right things and made sure everything she answered was okay to answer before doing so, to preserve the integrity of the investigation. She seemed to care deeply about Jesse and Luke and getting justice for them. We just need a dozen more like her in major crimes, and we'll be in good shape. (Not saying we don't have them already! They just weren't on show at this specific press conference.)

MOO

I don't think we know for sure, as I said above, I'm just speculating. I do think he intended to put the bodies in the water at some point, because otherwise, the weights don't make sense.
IMO …….

BLC definitely tried to put J and L in the dam at first property searched in Bungonia… Clear Farm…

One of the news reels released yesterday … made a comment that “one of the dams searched was untouched ..” Implying to me that they had found some evidence at the other dam and the waters edge, but not the bodies….(the 2nd larger dam was not “untouched”

It will have to be my opinion as I didn’t bookmark that news article / news reel at the time..but I certainly noticed it in the report…

I do think Police have some evidence from that first site … and can prove BLC was there …

As per The Australian today they refer to the final resting place (found today) as the second location the bodies were moved to …

IMO,

Last edited:
Interesting that it seems they attempted to interview him but it’s only today (now he has a lawyer) they’ve actually been able to talk to him. I had images of them questioning him over the past few days and him refusing to speak etc- but it seems like maybe they could only do the first attempted interview and then they’ve had to wait.
I don't know what to make of this. What if one of the boys was still alive? They knew lives were put in danger ... what if it was a matter of time to reach them? (pointing at the legal red tape here, not the police trying to do their job)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3