Found Deceased Australia - Jesse Baird, 26, TV presenter and partner Luke Davies, 29. blood located at home, 23 Feb 2024 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the press conference, it was stated that the bodies were found in “surf bags”. My idea of a surf bag would not be large enough to fit a human in it……. Unless the bodies weren’t in one piece? I wonder if the bags were actually surf board bags, then they could be large enough.
I took it to mean surfboard.

What's a surf bag, like a back pack?

In the press conference, it was stated that the bodies were found in “surf bags”. My idea of a surf bag would not be large enough to fit a human in it……. Unless the bodies weren’t in one piece? I wonder if the bags were actually surf board bags, then they could be large enough.
I have a fairly large surf bag, surfboard bag that is. Certainly wouldn’t fit two people in one. Potentially someone under 6ft and 60kg range. Would not fit a 90-100kg person in, and the thing would probably give way when carrying it.

Jesse doesn’t look that big, I’d say 65kg. Luke perhaps 75kg ish

Certainly possible he put them in one each.

Daily Mail have just released another article, and now the bags are referred to as “surfboard bags”.

Det Supt Doherty said the bodies of Jesse Baird and Luke Davies were found on the fenceline of a property in Bungonia.
They were hidden in surfboard bags, under rubble and debris.

Police at the Press conference also stated that they think these bags were used to transport the bodies from the Paddington Terrace House.

If so, Police forensics might also find and match traces of fibres from these bags to fibres at the Paddington Terrace House, unless the bodies were carried into the van and then put into these bags.

Last edited:

‘AN ATTEMPT WAS MADE’: Chilling way bodies were dumped​

God I hate these trashy NewzCorpse articles headlines.

So what. I killer attempted to cover up bodies. Horrible but common and predictable. Stop turning EVERY details into a click-to-find-out clickbait game for $$$$. We don't need everything milked to maximise gruesome curiosity.

Can't tell you how happy I am to wake up to the news that they are found (pending formal identification).

Happy, and sad. I might have a bit of a cry, later. Maybe sooner, rather than later.

I'm just glad that their loved ones don't have to live any longer with the not-knowing. That they can give Jesse and Luke dignity in death, and the postmortem rites that they would have wanted.

Sleep well, Jesse.
Sleep well, Luke.

MOO

Does anyone have a link to the press conference from today? The ones I've found just seem to go to the news live feed, and I'd like to watch it if it's out there.

MOO

my theory has been that he did intend to put them in a body of water, but maybe underestimated the amount of weight needed to weigh them down so they had to be moved. if they were in the surf bags, that’s already trapped air. on top of that, they would have been releasing more gases as it took him longer to find a way to dispose of them. especially in the heat.
this is a sobering thought. I agree with you. if he bought the weights at 11pm, that indicates he still anticipated weighing them down in a body of water. maybe during the day he had tried putting them in the dams, and realised he needed more weight. came back later to retrieve them and move them given he second guesses the friend may reveal where he had been. potentially thought to move them to another dam and try with additional weight but has freaked out they wouldn't stay down, so has gone on a mad dash to find somewhere to leave them . a poor attempt at covering them up, and then the sun starts to rise at 4am and he needs to flee for fear of being found (especially on the fence line of a driveway up to a property). so he makes a feeble attempt to cover them and leave the area.

absolutely chaotic, mad, abhorrent behaviour. he was acting from fear at this point. absolute terror of being caught.

thank whatever god you believe in that he was.

whatever conscience remained has disclosed the final resting place for beautiful Jesse and Luke. Those poor families, friends and wider community. So senseless, unbelievable and tragic.

I only hope the autopsies find it was a quick and painless death.

My hope for the sake of the victims and their families is that the chaos of BLC's movements following the fact means that this wasn't truly premeditated. My only hope is that this was a horrific incident which escalated beyond what BLC had anticipated and that there was no joy taken in a lengthy murder by the accused, but truly, maybe I'm hoping too much of him. My only remaining hope is that Jesse and Luke did not spend their final hours in terror.

I theorise: After months of stalking, coercion and an entitled and fearsome narcissism displayed, BLC was incensed on Saturday 18th after Jesse posts several photos and videos of his joy in finding new love with Luke. In a rage, BLC deletes his social media accounts.

Allowing his anger to seethe overnight, BLC breaks into the house on Monday morning as has been reported before, in an attempt to threaten, or to steal Jesse's phone, as he has done before. He is instead confronted by the two men. An argument escalates and in a swift moment of anger BLC uses his weapon to kill the two men. Realising what he's done, four minutes later he dials 000 from Jesse's phone before panicking and hanging up before any words are spoken, instead deciding to cover up and run from the event. He takes the phone.

BLC makes attempts on the Monday to clean the scene before housemates return. That evening he hires a van and returns to take the bodies under cover of darkness, parking the van out the back where there are no CCTV cameras and a no through road. He potentially parks in the driveway so as not to be seen by neighbours. He either brings board bags with him or utilises what is in the home. On Tuesday, he parks the van somewhere secret and resumes normal daily activities, to plan his next moves and avoid suspicion, potentially undergoing a surgery and returning his police firearm back to the station, before calling in sick. On this day he also potentially dumps the items of clothing, wallet and watch, discovered Wednesday by the cleaner at Cronulla. To be honest, I would assume he did this Monday or Tuesday evening as well, under cover of darkness.

On the Tuesday evening he sends decoy texts from Jesse's phone, further hoping that he won't be reported missing by housemates. On the Tuesday he also likely tells a friend that he has to "return some items" to an ex's house, and organises the road trip the next day to Bungonia. The police seem to think there is a connection to this first property, potentially to someone BLC dated, but this may potentially only be based on information the female friend gave. Based on a lie. The property owner has stated they have no connection to BLC whatsoever. One also has to assume at this point that BLC purchased ice, otherwise one can only imagine the state of the bodies. I would find it difficult to believe in this case that the friend wouldn't have been able to smell the stench.

On Wednesday, BLC travels with his friend to Bungonia, asks her to buy angle grinder and padlock, and drives to the property, leaving her there while he enters the property to dump the bodies in the dam. He tells her that he'll only be a moment but she shouldn't come in so his "ex" wouldn't see her. The only speculation I have is that BLC must have known the property owner in some capacity (or picked him "at random") to know he was gone for the week. Fabrizio Cella (owner of the first property) was away in Melbourne for the week, so BLC knew no one would be home. He returns to collect his friend and they drive back to Sydney.

Later, he reconsiders. Perhaps he realises how much weight would be required to weigh down two bodies, the air and gases in the board bags. Perhaps he thinks that his friend will talk to the police. He also likely already knows (from internal police reports) about the discovery of the bloody items in Cronulla and the subsequent search of Jesse's home that day. He panics (again), and buys weights at 11pm and return to the site to retrieve the bodies and move them. On his trip back, he reconsiders the location, given that his friend could identify him at the first property and also reconsiders putting them in a body of water as he truly doesn't know how much weight is required. He drives madly around the Bungonia area trying to think of what to do. He turns on to Jerrara Rd and it's now getting late, almost sunrise. He needs to act quickly, so takes a random turnoff into a random driveway (again, in the cover of darkness) and makes a feeble attempt at covering the bodies. It's now 4am and the sun starts to rise, and fearing being seen, he jumps back in the van and returns to Sydney. He is captures leaving the Bungonia area at 4.30am.

Unsure of what to do next, and with news breaking online about the disappearance of the boys, he heads up north mid-morning, hoping that an alibi placing him in Newcastle will further deter police from thinking he was anywhere near the crime scene. He asks her to clean out the van and hopes to return it unnoticed. Later that day, his name is mentioned in media reports, and family make contact with him. His face is everywhere. There is no avoiding this now. They organise for him to travel to his Uncles house in Grays Point, so that he can be taken to the police station. He leaves Newcastle at 2am, drives to Grays Point. His Uncle then takes him to the Bondi Police Station, where he is taken into custody at 10.39am. He was advised (potentially by family) not to talk until he has sought legal representation.

BLC sees a lawyer on 27th February at 11am, who advises to reveal the location of the bodies. BLC complies.

Four days after being apprehended, the bodies of Luke and Jesse are found.

After all hope is lost, only one hope remains. And that is that it was a swift death. An awful thing to hope, but the only hope that remains in this case now. X

Last edited:
1000% this.
Positions of Authority will always attract a minority who misuse that power.

Police. Politicians. Cardinals. Imams. Influencers. Teachers. The person you trust to be kind to your elderly Mother. The person you trust to make your burger.

I've been to a few "alternative" Mardi Gras parades that are supposedly grass roots protests. And those events end up attracting some real rat bags squandering the efforts of more genuine people.

For this reason I think we should never exclude the decent gay and lesbian officers who turn up to work every day and are there to improve and maintain the force from the inside.

Sure the Police Chief slipped up a little branding it a "crime of passion", but she explained and apologised and we should move on.

I don't think this was a gay hate crime. But a fair amount of deep down self-loathing probably made it possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee