GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this why they maybe checking out the basement and carpark of the building? Does anyone know what type of car, and also what type of car her husband drives?
Yes that's an answer I'd like too.

Being an Aus-sie at heart... maybe you could live in Aus-tin, TX?

That's where all my relatives are from, BTW, ... Austin and the surrounding areas!

I love Texas! Yaaa-Hoo! :cowboy:

I live close to Austin ;) and I love Texas too!

Yes that's an answer I'd like too.

There's no way that police wouldn't know by now if the car in the video was/appeared to be the husband's. I really don't think he had anything to do with this.

Is this why they maybe checking out the basement and carpark of the building? Does anyone know what type of car, and also what type of car her husband drives?

The fact they are releasing this CCTV footage to identify the man she was speaking to is a pretty good sign it is not her husband as far as I can tell. Tom is a victim.

A few further comments. Thank you to Keentoknow for insightful comments re predators/victims. IMO its best to be mindful about not blaming the victim for being attacked as many victims of rape and brutal assault will testify - from their own first hand experience, supported by Hospital staff, Police investigators/prosecutors and Health & Welfare Rape counsellors. To blame the victim is a serious lack of empathy and a form of emotional violence in my opinion.

It is well worth reading Clementine Ford's article in Daily life today for a fuller explanation of this point:Clementine Ford: Can we please stop the victim blaming?
Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...ill-meagher-20120924-26gku.html#ixzz27XEHTkWW

Further John Silvester, Crime reporter, The Age informs us about how VPolice will rule in/rule out the mystery man caught in the CCTV footage:
Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...ill-meagher-20120924-26gku.html#ixzz27XEAysnV

Thank you Fuskier for those articles, and your insights! Much appreciated!!

There's no way that police wouldn't know by now if the car in the video was/appeared to be the husband's. I really don't think he had anything to do with this.

How do you know? As far as I can see is the police have spent a lot of time inthe basement of the apartment block. There must be a reason for that.

BREAKING: Passers by are seen looking, a car stops, Jill Meagher has her phone in her hands and handbag on her arm. Huge twist.
BREAKING: Security footage clearly shows Jill Meagher STOPPING AND TALKING to a man of interest at 1.41am Sat.
https://twitter.com/CandiceWyatt10

Oh my god, just have an awful feeling in my gut at the moment. If she's been abducted by some sicko, that really is just the worst :(

I really feel for TM too if that is the case, not only to have lost your wife but to have to deal with trial by social media at the same time (I'm referring here to the posts on the facebook page, not WS).

How do you know? As far as I can see is the police have spent a lot of time inthe basement of the apartment block. There must be a reason for that.

There is no way that in their searches/interviews they haven't yet uncovered if hubby has a car/the make thereof. There's no reason they would be releasing the video of the mystery man/car and asking for the public's help with an ID if they thought it was the husband driving his own car.

ETA: Its possible they were checking out hubby's car during their basement/garage searches. It's also possible they were looking for evidence of a crime/the car in the video, since we now know they were probably searching there b/c they had the video. Maybe they thought MM gave her a ride home and then accosted her in the parking lot once he had her out of sight.

A link to the Victorian police press conference and the CCTV footage

it could have been someone else who lives in the same apartment block

From LIVE presser. No one ruled out. No suspects at this time. Believes Tom was home.

She doesn't arrive at her home, no.

TM made many calls/texts. Not going into specifics of those times. He went out to try and find her.

Said they were looking more and more into something as a possibility but I couldn't hear what that was. It was a question posed about a struggle/abduction.

Just ended.

Was on phone at 1.43 with brother, lasted 2 minutes.

Oh my god, just have an awful feeling in my gut at the moment. If she's been abducted by some sicko, that really is just the worst :(

I really feel for TM too if that is the case, not only to have lost your wife but to have to deal with trial by social media at the same time (I'm referring here to the posts on the facebook page, not WS).

Also serves as a good reminder as to why mods continually tell posters to tone it down on here and state and re-state that until police say different he is a victim (that applies to many cases on here :( )

That is great CCTV footage! Some of the best I have ever seen. She is really clear in the shot, talking to that man for quite a few seconds. I hope he is recognized/found/comes forward and can assist.

I lived in Brunswick during my teen years and am very familar with it. I lived not that far away, as did my close friends. Walked that very section many times.

That guy in blue has some explaining to do - at least to clear himself as a suspect. It looked like she stopped and thought about texting or making a phone call.

Those shoes would also not have made it easy for her to run from danger.

Plenty of people around and heaps of cars going past, but once she turned into Hope Street it would have gotten quiet very quickly.

TM would be going out of his mind seeing this, if the guy in blue does turn out to be involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13