GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoting myself but the title was "Mystery people found in CCTV vision of Jill Meagher". Was my misinterpretation another cultural thing like the purse/handbag?

I think that is just a very poorly written headline - just a tad "sensational - We want your attention" type deal which is badly expressed. I have seen a few during this case. Might apply for a job as an editor and go home lol

Quoting myself but the title was "Mystery people found in CCTV vision of Jill Meagher". Was my misinterpretation another cultural thing like the purse/handbag?

No, i also thought that 'found' meant they had identified who they were vs just observing them.

I agree it is misleading but I can kinda see where they were going. Read it as:

Mystery people found in CCTV vision..

Rather than

Mystery people found in CCTV

I cant stand Peter Hyatt, I began reading him 18 months ago and he never admits when he is wrong and he often makes factual mistakes plus he steals contents in full and reposts it on his blog with no additional content - so is a thief to boot. I noticed he has changed his blog address, previously it was blocked on websleuths.

So if there were four people seen on CCTV behind Jill when she was only 450 odd metres from home, I don't believe she could have been abducted and killed within that distance and timeframe, with no one seeing/hearing anything.

She would have only been about 3 mins walk from home.
I'm happy to stick with Occam's razor at this point.

So if there were four people seen on CCTV behind Jill when she was only 450 odd metres from home, I don't believe she could have been abducted and killed within that distance and timeframe, with no one seeing/hearing anything.

She would have only been about 3 mins walk from home.
I'm happy to stick with Occam's razor at this point.

The cctv footage so far as we know is only from Sydney street. Who knows what happened after she turned the corner into Hope Street. If there was no one else around in that street at the time, I believe she could have been abducted even though she was very close to her home.

just thinking, if she was being followed by someone on foot, if they killed her in a dark alley etc, how hard would it be to then try to dispose of a body in that busy populated area, on foot with a dead weight. if there are a lot of empty buildings maybe she was hidden in one of them?
if this is so, then sadly its only a matter of days before someone in the area notices.
or if she made it back home and was attacked in the garage, where would she be disposed of quickly and discretely there?
nobody would risk being seen dragging a body in such a public place with the possbility of cctv.
so much more difficult to hide if there is no car.
is it possible she just decided to leave and lay low somewhere?
I keep hoping for that! :please:

No, 11pm

Melbourne - 1 pm

Cali - 8 pm (I add 5 and put it to the opposite time as it is here - in this case night here = day there)

Texas - 10 pm (I add 3 and put it to the opposite time as it is here - in this case night here = day there)

New York - 11pm (I add 2 and put it to the opposite time as it is here - in this case night here = day there)

Thanks GutFeeling!

You Rock! (5 minutes away!!!)

We know the brother said he wanted to transfer phones and call her back from downstairs phone so as not to wake her father (although I find it surprising that he spoke to her for several minutes first before doing that).

If he told her he was going to call her back straight away, surely she would have had her phone out ready waiting to take the call rather than putting it away or switching it off etc.?

That indicates something happened immediately after she got off the phone to him that prevented her from accepting the call back.

Also I'm still not convinced re nothing going on at the time she made the phone call. Just because she didn't say it directly to her brother doesn't mean there wasn't anything else bothering her - and how would he know?
I agree with you Somanto! :)

BREAKING: Passers by are seen looking, a car stops, Jill Meagher has her phone in her hands and handbag on her arm. Huge twist.
BREAKING: Security footage clearly shows Jill Meagher STOPPING AND TALKING to a man of interest at 1.41am Sat.
https://twitter.com/CandiceWyatt10

You're correct. It is also Wednesday over there :) (it'll change in a couple of weeks when Daylight saving kicks in there and ends here - hopefully this case will be solved by then)

Yes... hopefully there will be a solution!:please:

But if not... I will need to get my math cap on again!

I cant stand Peter Hyatt, I began reading him 18 months ago and he never admits when he is wrong and he often makes factual mistakes plus he steals contents in full and reposts it on his blog with no additional content - so is a thief to boot. I noticed he has changed his blog address, previously it was blocked on websleuths.

just jumping off your post: You are correct; we do not allow links to his blog or discussion of it. Thank you for pointing out the web address has changed.

BREAKING: Passers by are seen looking, a car stops, Jill Meagher has her phone in her hands and handbag on her arm. Huge twist.
BREAKING: Security footage clearly shows Jill Meagher STOPPING AND TALKING to a man of interest at 1.41am Sat.
https://twitter.com/CandiceWyatt10

Is this why they maybe checking out the basement and carpark of the building? Does anyone know what type of car, and also what type of car her husband drives?

I think that is just a very poorly written headline - just a tad "sensational - We want your attention" type deal which is badly expressed. I have seen a few during this case. Might apply for a job as an editor and go home lol

Being an Aus-sie at heart... maybe you could live in Aus-tin, TX?

That's where all my relatives are from, BTW, ... Austin and the surrounding areas!

I love Texas! Yaaa-Hoo! :cowboy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member