GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
just thinking, if she was being followed by someone on foot, if they killed her in a dark alley etc, how hard would it be to then try to dispose of a body in that busy populated area, on foot with a dead weight. if there are a lot of empty buildings maybe she was hidden in one of them?
if this is so, then sadly its only a matter of days before someone in the area notices.
or if she made it back home and was attacked in the garage, where would she be disposed of quickly and discretely there?
nobody would risk being seen dragging a body in such a public place with the possbility of cctv.
so much more difficult to hide if there is no car.
is it possible she just decided to leave and lay low somewhere?

"This morning, police confirmed that CCTV footage will be examined frame-by-frame to determine whether the man was following the ABC employee in the minutes before she disappeared."

"At present, police are trying to identify the man. A decision will be made later this morning as to whether CCTV footage, which shows Meagher walking north along Sydney Road, Brunswick, just south of Hope Street, at 1.41am, will be released to the public.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...ill-meagher-20120924-26gku.html#ixzz27XHz5z12

They have given their reasons. I think they will as soon as they are done with it. The fact that they are saying they are trying to identify him will hopefully bring someone forward that is innocent and the search continues or sends a guilty party into a panic. If police have suspicions already, this news may just be the news that causes mistakes to be made.

Another thing in that story that stood out to me was: Detective Inspector John Potter, from the homicide squad, said no conclusions should be reached from the police search of her home.
''[Jill's] husband has been nothing more than co-operative so we can't read anything into that. This is something that we would normally do,'' he said.

That to me says they don't have Tom on the radar at all.

Shouldn't it be "nothing less than cooperative?" Did he misspeak?

just thinking, if she was being followed by someone on foot, if they killed her in a dark alley etc, how hard would it be to then try to dispose of a body in that busy populated area, on foot with a dead weight. if there are a lot of empty buildings maybe she was hidden in one of them?
if this is so, then sadly its only a matter of days before someone in the area notices.
or if she made it back home and was attacked in the garage, where would she be disposed of quickly and discretely there?
nobody would risk being seen dragging a body in such a public place with the possbility of cctv.
so much more difficult to hide if there is no car.
is it possible she just decided to leave and lay low somewhere?

I agree bearbear about how risky it would be to grab her and move her even a little way either alive or dead without a car. I think it more likely she was taken in a car and probably by more than one person, one on foot and one in a car acting together.

Shouldn't it be "nothing less than cooperative?" Did he misspeak?

That is what I would have said. I think it is a case of "I could care less" versus "I couldn't care less."

The fact that he has not said " Mr Meagher has not been co-operative" to me says he is co-operating as much as possible. that can also be seen by the way he has dealt with the media - there have been no reports of him even giving a "no comment" or walking past the media. When he has been appraoched you can tell that he doesn't want to be there (who would) but he has made eye contact with reporters asking questions and answered all those questions. i am not concerned that he is trying to hide anything.

That's 10 pm in America - Thanks possum! (OT I always use "possum" as a nickname over here and chook lol)

Hi Gut Feeling...

I am still trying to get the time differential between Australia and US....

So... If 1 p.m. in Melbourne is 10:00 p.m. TX time... then that will be 8:00 p.m. CA time?

Am I right? :crazy:

TIA

hi gut feeling...

I am still trying to get the time differential between australia and us....

So... If 1 p.m. In melbourne is 10:00 p.m. Tx time... Then that will be 8:00 p.m. Ca time?

Am i right? :crazy:

Tia

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348625806.612339.jpg

Hi Gut Feeling...

So... If 1 p.m. in Melbourne is 10:00 p.m. TX time... then that will be 8:00 p.m. CA time?

TIA

And ....Midnight east coast US time?

They have to be sure that he is a person of interst, and not just a passerby.

If they can recognise him through facial recognition, of which they have the technology and databases (DFAT, RTAs, Centrelink etc..) they are better placed to locate him before they have to go public.

If he is involved, he may potentially be a flight risk if he sees his face up in lights.

Sorry I should have been more clear. I understand about the CCTV footage with the man. But I was wondering if there is any footage of Jill walking alone so that at least the public could see exactly what she was wearing and what she looked like - to perhaps jog a memory?

Hi Gut Feeling...

TIA

You're correct. It is also Wednesday over there :) (it'll change in a couple of weeks when Daylight saving kicks in there and ends here - hopefully this case will be solved by then)

Thank you for the screencaps. Very helpful.

A few quick observations, after listening to John Silvester this morning: a crime journalist who knows his stuff and has a great relationship to LE ...

Silvester emphasised the routine nature of the search conducted at the Meagher residence.

He also mentioned the man in the CCTV footage, saying that LE would analyse the footage. He encouraged anyone who was in the area around that time - especially the man in the security footage - to come forward and be cleared by LE. He then said that police may release an image of the man in the footage later on.

Both Silvester and the radio programme host referred to a "possible abduction".

He did mention (and I think the handbag is significant here), the need to cast aside red herrings as quickly as possible. They obviously cloud and delay the investigation.

If a local did pick up the handbag and then replace it for fear of being associated with a crime with which s/he was mot involved, perhaps LE should encourage that person to come forward without fear of incrimination, just so the handbag issue can be clarified, and its original location verified.

OK ... Just read that police will release footage later today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I read the title of that article and said Yess! out loud. And then realize they hadn't 'found' the four mystery people, but four additional people were seen on the CCTV. Jmo but if I was a close friend or family that had read that, it would have been a horrible roller coaster of emotions.

It's a bit misleading, isn't it? I posted it before I actually read the article. Apologies. I was excited thinking it was some breakthrough.

And ....Midnight east coast US time?

No, 11pm

Melbourne - 1 pm

Cali - 8 pm (I add 5 and put it to the opposite time as it is here - in this case night here = day there)

Texas - 10 pm (I add 3 and put it to the opposite time as it is here - in this case night here = day there)

New York - 11pm (I add 2 and put it to the opposite time as it is here - in this case night here = day there)

I read the title of that article and said Yess! out loud. And then realize they hadn't 'found' the four mystery people, but four additional people were seen on the CCTV. Jmo but if I was a close friend or family that had read that, it would have been a horrible roller coaster of emotions.
*not directed towards your post but towards the msm headline midsummer :)

Quoting myself but the title was "Mystery people found in CCTV vision of Jill Meagher". Was my misinterpretation another cultural thing like the purse/handbag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3