GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This a link to the husbands interview. He does say she only took her bankcard and phone-At the 11 second mark. He then talks about the bar workers, but says they said she left that bar at 1:30 with work friends and went to another bar after that?- about 1:40 in to the video. At 2:40ish is his answer to the midlife crisis question. At 2:50ish he says '...the day before she left' then quickly corrects himself. I would like to see a statement analysis of his interview. Moo

*different link then original post

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0924/breaking7.html

Having followed the Allison Baden-Clay tragedy so closely, it's almost impossible not to be influenced by what transpired there. Looking at the interview with Tom ---- is that a bump on his head? In Gerard's case, if I recall correctly, a couple of explanations were given for a bump on his head.

If they have new evidence that he could corroborate, it is normal SOP

It is not SOP to have Homicide detectives investigating a missing persons case.

That fact shows us that this is out of the ordinary.

Just thinking about the bag situation and people's suspicions about whether she took it/why she left one/did she go home first etc....I am going out after work on a friday night for work drinks, I will often take a small bag with me to work in the morning with just my essentials rather than be lumped with my big one when I finish work & want to go for a few drinks. I also don't tend to take anything extra with me on a friday and wear non-business/corporate attire, or something a bit dressy so I will be looking nice for the evening.

Perhaps thats how her husband know that she didn't take much with her and left her big bag/purse/handbag with all her extras in it at home....

Having followed the Allison Baden-Clay tragedy so closely, it's almost impossible not to be influenced by what transpired there. Looking at the interview with Tom ---- is that a bump on his head? In Gerard's case, if I recall correctly, a couple of explanations were given for a bump on his head.

I agree with you and think Allisons case has made me for sus of the hubby than I would usually be.

Looks like a pimple on his face, probably from the stress. I did notice in several media shots of him he is biting his lip and isnt in his regular pics.

I also notice that as with Allisons case the police are not giving safety warnings to people, this says a LOT IMO.

I hope she is found safe and has gone off with a bloke for a wild night or something and is feeling foolish and will turn up somehow... but doubt it.

when it was on the ground it was near the drivers side door which here in australia is nearest the roadway.

If the bag is the same as the one being photographed in the MSN helicopter pics there is no seat next to it. It was found between a car and a wall....not in the street but in a lane way. I'll see if I can find the link.

There seems to be photos of 2 separate bags here. The original one found and photographed yesterday is much bigger than the one on the seat it would appear.

MOO

One big difference in this case though, no mention in MSM for the need for police to obtain warrants, unlike in the GBC case. The husband seems to be cooperating fully. Though of course I'm aware we don't know everything the police do.

I wonder if the photo of the police man crouching beside the car is not "the" bag but rather some police equipment that looks like a bag and hence was photographed.

It's interesting to me how differently we all interpret this stuff. To me the purse is the cards and coin thing but in conversation I might say "i need my purse" when I am taking my bag including my purse, but I wouldn't call the bag a purse - even though I know that is how it is used elsewhere. I also don't find any of her reported movements odd or her husband's behaviour a red flag.

I hope the police have more success than they have finding Bung Siriboon, who has literally disappeared with no trace, none of her belongings found from what I can recall.

Homicide Squad Missing Persons Unit, were called in when the handbag was found....

Today police found her handbag and its contents in nearby Hope Street.

Detective Inspector John Potter says the circumstances of the case are worrying.

"As a result of that, today the Homicide Squad Missing Persons Unit have taken over the case," he said.

"And we're hopeful for the best obviously, but we have some concerns that she may have met with foul play. It's not too late to tell us, or indeed if Jillian can hear this, please contact us."

http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/in...vestigating-abc-workers-disappearance/1019610

I also notice that as with Allisons case the police are not giving safety warnings to people, this says a LOT IMO.

Police freely admit attacks in the area have risen. They didn't seem to issue warnings with other reported incidents either, did they? Can any Melb locals weigh in here?

The phonecall she made is odd, out of context, and too damn coincidental for my liking.

The official line is she was "worried" about her father.

At 2am???????

Nup. No way.

Now the phone is missing too...along with all the "contacts" it held.

This actually makes sense to me. Her father had a stroke and she had been drinking. Drinking often magnifies emotion. Perhaps her father being sick was part of the 'mid life' crisis she was referring to - everything falling apart. Perhaps she was having marriage problems too after seeing the latest news and police searching her home.

Look, I do understand that's usually the first point of enquiry in their investigation (to look at the spouse/partner). But, two unmarked vans turning up to pull the place apart ..... hhhmmmm :waitasec:

I should go back to get the specific post... but there was an article yesterday which stated Jill's phone info would be received by LE by today....

Hmmmm... I wonder if the phone info came through, and that there was something on the phone info. that LE found interesting?

(Sorry for my techno illiteracy! )

I should go back to get the specific post... but there was an article yesterday which stated Jill's phone info would be received by LE by today....

Hmmmm... I wonder if the phone info came through, and that there was something on the phone info. that LE found interesting?

(Sorry for my techno illiteracy! )

Oh really?? That's interesting would love to have the link. Ta.

Maybe forensics are just there to obtain
Her DNA from brushes etc so they can test other possible DNA on her bag/belongings?

I wonder if the photo of the police man crouching beside the car is not "the" bag but rather some police equipment that looks like a bag and hence was photographed.

That's what I was thinking. It seemed like a large bag that was used to hold equipment or retrieve evidence.

It is not SOP to have Homicide detectives investigating a missing persons case.

That fact shows us that this is out of the ordinary.

It is out of the ordinary but it happens more than we know, even in cases where there is apositive result.

As Det. Potter said

"We take on these cases of a susupicious nature where a person goes missing where there is a possibility they may have met with foul play"

I have no doubt there is foul play, but until there is even a shred of evidence, I would not cast an arrow at anyone.

Maybe it's just me and my antiquated view of the world, but doesn't anyone else find it a very odd situation where the husband is home while his wife is out boozing until the small hours - quite regularly, apparently - and that they think it quite "normal" to be prowling around through dark back alleys in Brunswick at 2 in the morning?

All sounds very odd to me.....

And supposedly calling her brother at 1:45am? Who calls people at 1:45am, unless it's an emergency? But I gather it was just to chat about their father.

Something very peculiar going on there....

<modsnip>....Maybe just maybe she wasnt boozing but drinking.....

Police freely admit attacks in the area have risen. They didn't seem to issue warnings with other reported incidents either, did they? Can any Melb locals weigh in here?

I wonder if anything had been written about them in the local papers. That's where I found out about an attempted abduction in the suburb over of an 11 year old, there was nothing in wider media, that tends not to make the news ...

Question- have any of the coworkers spoken to the media? Jmo, but I would think they would be asking for her return, telling about every aspect of that night. Is it possible that she had spoken to coworkers about home life and if something was bothering her, and they are keeping quiet to not tip anyone off. Same with brother's phone call. It went from reported 'worried' to not worried and checking on dad. Have LE been allowing someone to believe that she just vanished on the way home? Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214