GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should go back to get the specific post... but there was an article yesterday which stated Jill's phone info would be received by LE by today....

Hmmmm... I wonder if the phone info came through, and that there was something on the phone info. that LE found interesting?

(Sorry for my techno illiteracy! )

I wonder if the call to her brother was made from home. :moo:

If the walk home was only 5 minutes and the call was made 15 minutes after she left the bar she would already have been home. It makes more sense to me to make that call after I get home, rather than on my way home. :twocents:

I noticed in this vid the amount of graffiti around. Is it a bit of a sleezy area?

No not really, it's typical inner suburbs. Some great parts, some not so. Looks like they have taken the footage from the grottiest wall in a back alley-way. Wouldn't surprise me....

IMO

Sorry no, a purse is not a handbag in Australia. Or Ireland.
It is in the US though.

No, I think you're agreeing with me.

I said in Australia that a purse is a handbag, but a wallet is what you carry your money in.

Everywhere else around the world apparently, a purse=wallet.

In Australia a purse=handbag.

If it was a money purse, we would refer to it as a coin purse. They are small and fiddly and cannot carry bankcards so are generally not used by women in Australia.

To prove my point I told everyone to go to ebay australia and search for ladies purses and a bunch of handbags come up.

If you want a coin purse (eg money container) you have to search for coin purse or wallet.

Either way, it probably doesn't really matter...just semantics.

And NONE of it explains why or how her handbag was planted.

:dunno:

If the walk home was only 5 minutes and the call was made 15 minutes after she left the bar she would already have been home. It makes more sense to me to make that call after I get home, rather than on my way home. :twocents:

Doesn't explain the sound of people in the background

But then why all the background noise during the call? TV maybe? Party next door? Would explain why no one heard anything in the area...

IMO

I think it was from her mobile. Her brother said he called her back on her mobile and also said it sounded like she was on the way home. Plus they have her on CCTV on Sydney road at 1.41am.

I noticed in this vid the amount of graffiti around. Is it a bit of a sleezy area?

More what you'd call "multi-cultural".

Bits of sleaze mixed in with bits of brand new and sparkling, foreign shops mixed with trendy bars and boutiques.

Typical Melbourne. A melting pot.

But then why all the background noise during the call? TV maybe? Party next door? Would explain why no one heard anything in the area...

IMO

Doesn't explain the sound of people in the background

I have no idea but maybe she had stopped at a corner, waiting for the lights to go green to cross the road and it was outside a bar? There would be lots of people around at that time of night in the street too with all the bars closing.

There is absolutely nothing pointing towards TM being involved. In fact, the only evidence that would suggest this at would be CCTV footage from their apartment which would show exactly when TM left that night (whether it was before he went out searching at 4am), and whether or not Jill actually made it home. If the footage shows either of these two happening, then I believe it will come out in the very near future, but until that time, I will be treating him like the victim he is. The poor man has no idea where his wife is, and seeing as it's not a position I have been in myself, I have no place to judge how he should or should not be acting. Everyone grieves differently.

The truth will come out, it's only a matter of time. I believe LE are completely on top of this one.

Prayers for Jill.

No, it's not sleazy, it's hipster. The City of Melbourne actively encourages street art because we're meant to be this cool, arty city.

http://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/For.../GraffitiStreetArt/Pages/Whatisstreetart.aspx

Yeah I know my daughter used to live there, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I wouldnt walk down this laneway in the daylight.

ds_gal1d_20120925123133399409-620x414.jpg

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/familiar-becomes-frightening-in-brunswick-20120925-26ig6.html

no, its an inner urban area that was run down and is now popular because of its proximity to the city, new apartment buildings and the plentiful restaurants and bars. Graffiti abounds in many of our suburbs unfortunately.

The media will portray the worst aspects of the suburb rather than the best ones.

The news report still can't agree what colour her dress was

"She was wearing a blue dress, black jacket, black patterned stockings and high heels." (Herald Sun)

"Jill went missing Friday night, she was last wearing a black dress, black jacket and black patterned stockings." (ABC)

I'm inclined to trust the ABC because a) it's the ABC and b) Jill worked for the ABC

but if they can't agree on even a simple thing like that, then I think that shows any inconsistencies between what TM says and what the media are saying could easily be put down to confused media reporting.

If they can't tell the difference between blue and black then what else are they getting wrong?

Herald Sun: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tr...ker-jill-meagher/story-fnat7jnn-1226479708333

ABC: http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2012/09/24/3596295.htm

UPDATE: MISSING person Jill Meagher has been captured on CCTV in the early hours of Saturday morning, police revealed this afternoon.

Homicide Squad detectives said the footage shows Jill walking north along Sydney Rd, Brunswick, just south of Hope Street, at 1.41am.

It was in a laneway off Hope St that her handbag was found by a passerby.

All CCTV collected needs to be thoroughly analysed before detectives can make a determination on what images can be released publicly,” Victoria Police spokeswoman Sharon Darcy said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tr...ker-jill-meagher/story-fnat7jnn-1226479708333

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn